Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,807 members, 7,844,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Are Africans Confused? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Africans Confused? (5377 Views)

Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? / Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse / Why Are Africans The Only People Who Does Not Worship A God How Looks Like Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 11:36am On Oct 21, 2012
I-YuckMouf-I:
Ole Crazy Muslim Somali Biitches Looking for "Hope"...Lmfao

Biitch take yo Black Crusty Azz Back to Africa, This is the Arab World Biitch!!!

Hahahahahah

First of all Am Somali and not black. Secondly it's non of your concerns where my fellow country men go.

If you had an ounce of dignity you would not be saying obscenity.

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

30 years old?

I no old reach that one, bros!

Guy no vex, at the end of the day we could be friends in real life! grin grin grin

why not?

See ya!
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
Luul:

First of all Am Somali and not black. Secondly it's non of your concerns where my fellow country men go.

If you had an ounce of dignity you would not be saying obscenity.

Somali aint black?

Most Somalis are black!
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
truthislight:

why not?

See ya!

old man ..... grin grin
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
No, Somalis are not "black" for two main reasons: 1) The term "black" is a scientifically invalid label that lumps together disparate human populations solely on the basis of similar skin color.

This is problematic because skin color is regulated by one's environment; it is not in and of itself a sign of shared racial ancestry. The Dravidians of South Asia, for example, are darker than many "Black" Africans, yet they do not share any biological affinity with the latter nor are they branded as "black".

Dravidians just happen to have also evolved in a hot, equatorial climate, as have Australian Aborigines, another dark-skinned people. Furthermore, skin color often changes many times over the course of an average person's life. This fact only serves to make skin color an even more useless variable for determining a given person's or population's biological "race".

2) Somalis have biologically, linguistically, and culturally more in common with the peoples of Southwest Asia and North Africa than they do with Black Africans. Since this is demonstrably the case on numerous variables, it makes no sense to group them with Black Africans solely on the basis that they both happen to share a continent. For instance, East Asians and South Asians also share a continent, but that does not prevent South Asians from having genetically more in common with the peoples of Europe than they do with their fellow Asians in the East. The same can be said of Somalis with regard to Black Africans.

Respectfully submitted,

Luul
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
Luul: No, Somalis are not "black" for two main reasons: 1) The term "black" is a scientifically invalid label that lumps together disparate human populations solely on the basis of similar skin color.

This is problematic because skin color is regulated by one's environment; it is not in and of itself a sign of shared racial ancestry. The Dravidians of South Asia, for example, are darker than many "Black" Africans, yet they do not share any biological affinity with the latter nor are they branded as "black".

Dravidians just happen to have also evolved in a hot, equatorial climate, as have Australian Aborigines, another dark-skinned people. Furthermore, skin color often changes many times over the course of an average person's life. This fact only serves to make skin color an even more useless variable for determining a given person's or population's biological "race".

2) Somalis have biologically, linguistically, and culturally more in common with the peoples of Southwest Asia and North Africa than they do with Black Africans. Since this is demonstrably the case on numerous variables, it makes no sense to group them with Black Africans solely on the basis that they both happen to share a continent. For instance, East Asians and South Asians also share a continent, but that does not prevent South Asians from having genetically more in common with the peoples of Europe than they do with their fellow Asians in the East. The same can be said of Somalis with regard to Black Africans.

Respectfully submitted,

Luul

I agree with you!

However, I was not talking biology as "race" is not a biological term. It just refers to colour of the skin.

Now, I classify Somalians as black because they of course are as dark as us West Africans and they are geographically closer to the "blacks" of central Africa eg Kenya and Uganda

The only thing that separates you guys from us is your Arabic language.

Somali food is very different but there are some similarities. We are all one grin

One love babe!

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
Somalis are brown or light brown majority of times. Indians are also dark it proves nothing. Our language is afro asiatic like arabic which tells you we originally came from middle east.

Stop take away my culture and ethnicity by labeling me a color i am not. What ever you label yourself is non of my buisness and vice versa

We are closer to yemen than kenya because all of north kenya is somali inhabited. middle east is only 20 miles from our shores.

Also alot of arabs lived and still in somalia.

Its somali not somalian. secondly we dont have same features or hair as you guys. So Hop off.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
Luul: Somalis are brown or light brown majority of times. Indians are also dark it proves nothing. Our language is afro asiatic like arabic which tells you we originally came from middle east.

Stop take away my culture and ethnicity by labeling me a color i am not. What ever you label yourself is non of my buisness and vice versa

Sorry! I did not mean to insult you!

I have Somali friends and I live in London. When I am among them people cant tell (by looking) that I am not Somali especially when I cut my hair very low. I am a bit light skinned. That is why I thought that Somalis were "black"
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
No, Somalis are not "black" for two main reasons: 1) The term "black" is a scientifically invalid label that lumps together disparate human populations solely on the basis of similar skin color.

Respectfully submitted,

Luul
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
Luul: No, Somalis are not "black" for two main reasons: 1) The term "black" is a scientifically invalid label that lumps together disparate human populations solely on the basis of similar skin color.

Respectfully submitted,

Luul

Wow, I think you must have some mental problems.

After reading my comment where I said Iwas sorry and didnt mean to offend you....you still repeat this crap?

Anyways call yourself Arab or Asian or Semitic. You will still be classified as a black African. Arabs and Berber people will never see you as one of their own.

The topic of this thread is "ARE AFRICANS CONFUSED?"

You are a confused African. Arab slave
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 8:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
Arab is a culture not an ethnicity.

I never called myself anything other than Somali.

Go Jump off a bridge
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
Luul: Arab is a culture not an ethnicity.

I never called myself anything other than Somali.

Go Jump off a bridge

I never said that Arabs were a race. They are a goup of ethnicity- A pan-ethnicity!

Cencus forms about race do not have "somali" as an identifier

They have black, Afro-carribean, African black and African on different forms.

So keep confusing yourself.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2012
Go jump off a bridge
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
Luul: Go jump off a bridge

after you, babe wink
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
Your an anoying little monkey.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
Luul: Your an anoying little monkey.

You're a sexy little pig kiss
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
I got a bf. And am not into non Somalis.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
Luul: I got a bf. And am not into non Somalis.

Your boyfriend has no Nigerian swag cool cool cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyUo6rQ2rU
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
get lost
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
Luul: get lost

Who was looking for you? Dumbazz
Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 10:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
@logicboy03

go pick on somebody your own size. angry
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
F00028: @logicboy03

go pick on somebody your own size. angry

like who?

You?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 10:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

like who?

You?
no, brother man. you dont know my size. cool
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
F00028:
no, brother man. you dont know my size. cool

Tough guy ai?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by wiegraf: 11:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
@luul

Somali but not african. And what do you mean by arab is a culture?

Dohohohohohohohohohohoho

I don't want to bwack, pwiss!!! Thay have teh aids!!!

You look black to me, as do the aborogines. And I do agree with the whole color thing and y'all being more asian. You're also black as well.

I'm not even sure why one would want to be a sand ni.ggar. Nigg.ars are ni.ggars, race has little to do with it
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 11:16pm On Oct 21, 2012

Respectfully submitted,

Luul
Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 12:18am On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03:

old man ..... grin grin

yes! you called
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 7:52am On Oct 23, 2012
^ I hope you guys are not fighting over me. I got a man. tongue
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 23, 2012
Luul: ^ I hope you guys are not fighting over me. I got a man. tongue

Fighting over you?

lol....I dont date girls that I cant see their faces
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Luul(f): 8:07am On Oct 23, 2012
^ Wow You really dont blieve thats my picture. HAHAHA. Am really flattered wallahi. And they always called me the least attractive in my family. shocked

I have taken my picture down as my friend told me this place is crawling with a bunch of pervs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iyin Ye, Olorun Wa, Oba To Ngbo Adura, Ogo Ye, Olorun, Oba To Ngbo Adura / I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home / Black Man,emancipate Yourself From Mental Slavery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.