Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? (16394 Views)

Does Love Exist Over The Net? / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? / Can 'Love' Exist Without Mutual Dependence and Commitments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Justiyke4u: 8:12am On Oct 17, 2012
Actually if u r the jealous type ur partner must complain and if u decide not to be jealous at all ur partner must complain too that u r having an afair outside the relationship thats why u dont even care about those coming around. So the question now is can love exist without jealousy? What r the components of love? Can u answer this question pls. Thank u

1 Like

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by steaze11: 8:16am On Oct 17, 2012
Justiyke4u: Actually if u r the jealous type ur partner must complain and if u decide not to be jealous at all ur partner must complain too that u r having an afair outside the relationship thats why u dont even care about those coming around. So the question now is can love exist without jealousy? What r the components of love? Can u answer this question pls. Thank u

[size=15pt]NO[/size]

Thread Closed!
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 17, 2012
^^^^thread reopened.
YES love can exist without jealousy, because not everybody is insecure like that. if a man is fully comfortable with who he is and who his partner is then he has no reason on earth to be jealous, duh. jealousy is a WEAKNESS that many people possess because their insecurities in that r/ship make them automatically believe that something is foul (when it probably isn't).

jealousy is NOT always a sign of love, it could also mean envy, resentment, bitterness etc, so automatically assuming that someone jealous LOVES you is the OP's first fail of the day.

6 Likes

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by steaze11: 10:24am On Oct 17, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^thread reopened.
YES love can exist without jealousy, because not everybody is insecure like that. if a man is fully comfortable with who he is and who his partner is then he has no reason on earth to be jealous, duh. jealousy is a WEAKNESS that many people possess because their insecurities in that r/ship make them automatically believe that something is foul (when it probably isn't).

jealousy is NOT always a sign of love, it could also mean envy, resentment, bitterness etc, so automatically assuming that someone jealous LOVES you is the OP's first fail of the day.

Since u decided to re-open angry

Read the Subject and give it a very serious thot , when you agree wit me grin ...............Close d thread! lipsrsealed
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by djeezy(m): 10:34am On Oct 17, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^thread reopened.
I love your post but I beg †̥̥o̲̣̥ differ. Being jealous does not necessarily or expressly mean that someone is insecure in a relationship. Jealousy well controlled is not bad. You talked about envy, that's another stage of jealousy, a much deeper state of mind. In a relationship it's absolutely normal απϑ natural for someone †̥̥o̲̣̥ feel jealous. If you've never been then obviously you're not in love with the person,

1 Like

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
^^^^ask yourself this simple question: if someone didnt have any insecurity issues about their partner, would they therefore be jealous?!
no matter how you look at it, being jealous of the actions of your partner in R/ship, is a sign of insecurity. you are not comfortable within yourself, that she does whatever she does. although jealous may be"normal" to you, it doesnt change the fact that someone jealous is insecure.

now if you are jealous of your neighbor having a bigger car, or your friend having the latest Iphone5, thats another subject!

as for what you wrote above:"if you've never been then obviously you're not in love with that person", it is so clueless, i would not even answer it.

****MBJ falls off his chair and laugh while thinking that some people believe that being jealous is necessary to be in love with someone*****

1 Like

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by freecocoa(f): 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2012
MBJ I don't quite follow, are you saying jealousy is only bourne out of insecurity?

2 Likes

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Goldieluks: 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2012
Justiyke4u: Actually if u r the jealous type ur partner must complain and if u decide not to be jealous at all ur partner must complain too that u r having an afair outside the relationship thats why u dont even care about those coming around. So the question now is can love exist without jealousy? What r the components of love? Can u answer this question pls. Thank u

Hell no!
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
freecocoa: MBJ I don't quite follow, are you saying jealousy is only bourne out of insecurity?

YEP sista, thats exactly what i am saying. as hard as it may sound, there are no other explanation as to why someone would be intimidated by their partner's actions. what other explanation could there be?!

if someone was SECURE within their r/ship (and themselves), then they would look at whatever action their partner was doing, and they would have no concern about it.

anyone who is jealous because their GF/BF talks to another guy/gal.......INSECURE!!!!!
anyone who is jealous because their GF/BF receives attention from strangers or admirer......INSECURE!!!!!
and the list goes on.....

2 Likes

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nnekacherry: 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
Well, i don't think jeolousy is only bourne out of insecurity..
When it comes to relationships,even in marriages, people tend to start feeling uneasy when their spouse start showing undue attention to somebody...
It's part of human nature no matter how much we try to deny it...
It has simply got nothing to do with insecurity...

3 Likes

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by freecocoa(f): 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

YEP sista, thats exactly what i am saying. as hard as it may sound, there are no other explanation as to why someone would be intimidated by their partner's actions. what other explanation could there be?!

if someone was SECURE within their r/ship (and themselves), then they would look at whatever action their partner was doing, and they would have no concern about it.

anyone who is jealous because their GF/BF talks to another guy/gal.......INSECURE!!!!!
anyone who is jealous because their GF/BF receives attention from strangers or admirer......INSECURE!!!!!
and the list goes on.....
Hmm I beg to disagree to an extent o. Just like nneka said "its part of human nature" even God almighty is a jealous God.
If you look well you see that jealousy is displayed in every aspect of life not just relationships, do you know that kids also get jealous?

1 Like

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 17, 2012
Nnekacherry: Well, i don't think jeolousy is only bourne out of insecurity..
When it comes to relationships,even in marriages, people tend to start feeling uneasy when their spouse start showing undue attention to somebody...
It's part of human nature no matter how much we try to deny it...
It has simply got nothing to do with insecurity...

so being insecure is NO more human nature?! lol some people out there are insecure BY NATURE, and there is nothing wrong with that. you are going around the subject being afraid to call a spade A SPADE.

freecocoa: Hmm I beg to disagree to an extent o. Just like nneka said "its part of human nature" even God almighty is a jealous God.
If you look well you see that jealousy is displayed in every aspect of life not just relationships, do you know that kids also get jealous?

abeg, leave God out of this matter, i am referring to relationship and nothing else.....as i said earlier, if you are jealous of your neighbour's new car, thats another matter, BUT, being jealous because your partner speaks to some opposite sex person is nothing more than insecurity......and ONE THING is for sure, jealousy has absolutely NOTHING to do with love, like the OP is trying to claim.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by freecocoa(f): 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2012
^Oh well, what more can I say?
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
Love may exist without jealousy, although this is rare; but jealousy may exist without love, and this is common. But when it comes to true love, there is no place for jealousy in True Love.True love should be in the bedroom and not in the buisness.If you club your work or buisness than the jealousy starts because if the husband earns more than the wife,she will feel jealousy of his earings.If the wife earns than its his part.So kindly put your jealousy in the locker and be apart with your work dont expose yourselves too kuch about it. Than a family/relationship can be happily always.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by lolaluv1(f): 7:04pm On Oct 17, 2012
I agree with Mr Brown Jay on this one. Insecure men are jealous of their own shadow, jealous of sharing your attention with anything else.

I like my man secure, abeg. I can't emphasize that enough.
And love can exist without jealousy. And it's the best because that's the only way you can grow to your full potential.

1 Like

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by MrsChima(f): 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2012
Jealousy is a natural emotion however balancing jealousy and love can be delicate therefore can ruin a relationship. You need to find out what cause jealousy in your relationship and find solutions to fix it before it destroy your relationship.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by pendo89(f): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Jealousy is a natural emotion however balancing jealousy and love can be delicate therefore can ruin a relationship.

I love that.It made me think.
Where do we draw the line? How do I tell if my partners reactions/attitude are prompted by love and not jealousy?
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Justiyke4u: 8:13pm On Oct 17, 2012
@Mbj how can u draw the line between jealousy and insecurity? The two concepts to my humble submission exist on two parallel line and has no effect on each other. there4 i beg to dissent a bit from ur view. U become AFRAID when u r INSECURE and not JEALOUS. Jealousy to my view has nothing to do with insecurity rather insecurity has to do with curiousity.
@lola how would u feel if u find ur partner receiving long calls from a particular no? Secured i guess... How can u draw the line when u r insecure and when u r jealous ofcos is obvious that they r two diff thing
I think in my opinion that love has other components which makes it strong and jealousy may be one of them ofcos is only wen it is moderate. Pls lets tell ourselves the truth although the main purpose of the topic is just to read diff view and not to attack anybody

4 Likes

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by CrazyMan(m): 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2012
Jealousy comes in when both parties have very little trust for each other, therefore once trust and understanding exist in any relationship, jealousy would be overshadowed.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2012
Love can exist without jealousy. What causes jealousy? Fear, weakness, vulnerability. In simpler terms, insecurity leads to jealousy. When a person is not sure of himself/herself, he compares himself to another and arouse that feeling of dissatisfaction. He begins to think he's not good enough and waits on the partner to commit infidelity. This typically tends to happen at the beginning of a relationship. You just have to trust and rely on your partner.

2 Likes

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by GboyegaD(m): 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2012
To a very large extent yes it can. I know we are human and once in a while we try to over protect our territory which is what leads to jealousy however, I think our inassertiveness is the reason why we do things beyond measures. I trust my girlfriend for who she is and I am not the jealous type in relationships although she once told me about the relationship her friends were having which was her basis since I am her 1st boyfriend. I took it lightly and told her one of the things I told her when I asked her out that I believe in love but not in the if I don't see you, I will die type and besides, I made her appreciate the fact that I did not chase her because of her beauty however, because of her humility, manners and the family she hails from because the first time I attended one of their occassions, I realised she is from a family where they value marriage just like mine. Since then, despite our challenges, we try to work things out.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Elueme: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2012
Hold it there! If you love a woman you ll get jealous especially at times especially when you are yet to gain that self confidence and trust for her.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by kfree: 8:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
I DONT LOVE,I DONT JEALOUS
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by mkpologwu(m): 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2012
What is jelosi?
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2012
I know nothing about Love, but I do know that Lust cant exist without jealousy, if my Lust is your Love, the answer is NO!
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by otosa(m): 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2012
Let me go and obtain the JAMB lesson form before seating for JAMB Exam. And let me beg you that you should not strick on your marking.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by GentleNaaz(m): 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2012
Truely, real luv cn nt exist without jealousy. Being jealousy simply means u r tryn 2 protect d relationshp n d luv u hv 4 hm/ha. As 4 me, am jealous of any breaking material dat wl jeopadz wt my relationshp

1 Like

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by MrsChima(f): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2012
pendo89:

I love that.It made me think.
Where do we draw the line? How do I tell if my partners reactions/attitude are prompted by love and not jealousy?

let me share you something personal...when a man approached me at the market my husband didn't do anything until he saw the man getting beside himself and he simply called my name asking me to meet him over where he was at. He quietly asked me if I was okay or do he need to check him?

In America, people can be arrested for public disturbance so my husband didn't want to cause issues unless imperative. I gave my husband the okay and he handled it. That was an act of love.

My husband may been jealous when the guy approached me but he balanced it by behaving maturely and asked if he needed to step in. That's balance between jealousy and love. I expected my husband to be jealous since I am his wife and I would have felt the same way but react maturely. No need to act a fool with a fool.

I grew to respect and admire my husband more so therefore our bond strengthened and we had a good time.

What do you think of the analogy?

2 Likes

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by LoaditeDOTcom: 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2012
No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rate My Picture From One To Ten.... Definitely One Of The Most Handsome Here / Funny Sex Proverbs / How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.