Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Cake Recipes - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cake Recipes (2266 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / Exciting Recipes With Indomie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cake Recipes by Airpure(f): 11:28am On Oct 17, 2012
Hello Guys. I recently took up baking as a hobby and i find its so easy and am loving it cos i can give em out as gifts to friends and my family love it. so i tot i should start a tread for Cake lovers like me where we could share recipes n tips. so recipes welcomed.
Re: Cake Recipes by Airpure(f): 11:33am On Oct 17, 2012
Chocolate and vanilla marble cake
Ingredients
225 g butter, at room temperature
225 g caster sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
225 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
50 ml milk
50 g cocoa powder, sifted
Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Butter and flour the sides of a 20cm cake tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.
2. Cream the butter in a large bowl or in an electric food mixer until soft. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Whisk the eggs and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Gradually add the eggs to the butter mixture, beating all the time. Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in gently to mix, then add the milk and mix gently to combine.
4. Tip half of the cake mixture into another large bowl and, into this bowl, fold in the sifted cocoa powder.
5. Place the cake mixtures into the prepared tin by alternating spoonfuls of the vanilla batter with the chocolate batter, then with a skewer or similar implement, gently draw swirls through the cake mixture to ‘marblise’ it. Don’t overmix or you won’t have that wonderful marble effect. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Turn the cake out onto a wire rack and allow to cool before serving.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Abacha (african Salad) In Place Of Rice / What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? / What Is Chicken Called In Your Native Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.