Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Worldly Dance, Worldly Song, Worldly Music, Worldly Movie, : Enough Is Enough - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worldly Dance, Worldly Song, Worldly Music, Worldly Movie, : Enough Is Enough (1819 Views)

Is It Right For Christians To Dance Worldly Dance Steps In The Church??? / Is This Song Worldly? / Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worldly Dance, Worldly Song, Worldly Music, Worldly Movie, : Enough Is Enough by tobechi20(m): 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2012
The way people condem certain actions here on nairaland pisses me off..some things are seen as wordly while others are unwordly.

If certain things are truely wordly, why dont we reject everything that is asociated with it.

If dbanj is a worldly singer, why dont d pastor reject his money

if politics is a dirty game, why do pastors organise prayer for politician to win election.

If psquare is worldly singer,then he shouldnt
pay tithe.

Enough is enough
Re: Worldly Dance, Worldly Song, Worldly Music, Worldly Movie, : Enough Is Enough by OmoAlata(f): 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
tobechi20:

if politics is a dirty game, why do pastors organise prayer for politician to win election.

pay tithe.

Enough is enough

I don't know dbanj or psquare so can't comment on them but on the prayer for politician matter, the Bible says in 1 Timothy 2: 1-2

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
Re: Worldly Dance, Worldly Song, Worldly Music, Worldly Movie, : Enough Is Enough by plaetton: 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
tobechi20: The way people condem certain actions here on nairaland pisses me off..some things are seen as wordly while others are unwordly.

If certain things are truely wordly, why dont we reject everything that is asociated with it.

pay tithe.

Enough is enough

How can you live in the world and yet seek to deny wordly things. Isn't that a form of blasphemy? Is it not a rejection of god's work, god's creations, god's arrangement?
If one spends life rejecting worldly things, what exactly would you aim to achieve in the world, and at the end ,what excactly would you tell your god that you did or accomplished or learnt in the world for the time you were there?

Does it makes any sense at all to reject the world that sustains, neurishes and gives you life, joy, laughter, as well as sorrows in hope of going to an imaginary unknown, unconfirmed life in another world?
What makes you think you would not also reject the trappings of that imaginary world? How many worlds would you reject until you find the right one?
Re: Worldly Dance, Worldly Song, Worldly Music, Worldly Movie, : Enough Is Enough by tobechi20(m): 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2012
Omo Alata:

I don't know dbanj or psquare so can't comment on them but on the prayer for politician matter, the Bible says in 1 Timothy 2: 1-2

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

2face and psquare are musicians like celindion, akon, r kely, beyonce etc

the isue is praying for candidates who want to run for election. Not those who are already there
Re: Worldly Dance, Worldly Song, Worldly Music, Worldly Movie, : Enough Is Enough by ijawkid(m): 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2012
tobechi20: The way people condem certain actions here on nairaland pisses me off..some things are seen as wordly while others are unwordly.

pay tithe.

Enough is enough

Lol.....

You dey vex o.....

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Largest Religions Inthe World 2013. / Are Fortune Tellers Really Telling The Truth? / A Muslim's Defence Of The Peace In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.