Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:05 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? (5375 Views)

Photos Of The Coffins Where 4 Nigerians To Be Killed In Indonesia Will Be Buried / Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2006
@denny, na man i don't work for no cemetary, I just think that business man should know just enough about almost evrything tongue

@idiotsoul, so you want to become a cadaver? na wa for you ooo cry
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by jaybaby(f): 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2006
In my HUSBAND's HOUSE
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by CrazyMan(m): 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2006
And if the house is rented, what would you do? grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:02am On Oct 19, 2006
haha, thats a good point crazykid tongue
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by katherinae(f): 3:12am On Oct 19, 2006
in heaven
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:43am On Oct 19, 2006
We all want our souls to enter heaven, but what of your physical body Katherinae?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by LuciferFan(m): 10:11am On Oct 19, 2006
Guys, don't bother discussing this issue because when we all meet in HELL, the flare would be too much an issue for us to think about what's happening to our bodies grin
some want to cremate their bodies! Why not get to HELL first where you can also cremate the soul.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by jaybaby(f): 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2006
craziest kid na u sabi my husband has a house-- so we r not staying in a rented apartment
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by jaybaby(f): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2006
WTF IS LUCIFY DOING HERE? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by CrazyMan(m): 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2006
jaybaby:

craziest kid na u sabi my husband has a house-- so we r not staying in a rented apartment
ok oh!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by Radiant(f): 9:57pm On Oct 20, 2006
What a thread!

crazykid:

And if the house is rented, what would you do? grin grin grin
lmao

How can u cremate your body? shocked Hell no! That's so cruel to even think of doing it.

From dust to dust. My family will decide where pleases them.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by talk2ahmed(m): 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2006
I am at home , and would like to be buried not more than 90 km from where eva i die on mother earth be it afghanistan or switzerland,
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by stevolala(m): 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2006
idiotsoulz men you too much, I like your comment. You said your arms and legs goes to medical schoolz etc, who/where does your dick go to if your wifey is still alive?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by aiksmart(m): 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2006
WHEN I DIE, , MY GOD I THINK OF SUCH DAY, & IT SHOCKS ME WHENEVER I REMEMBER THAT I HAVE YET AGAIN POST-PONED TAKING OUT A LIFE-POLICY FROM MY INSURANCE COMPANY.
WHEN I DIE I WANT MY BODY TO BE BURIED IN NIGERIA, IN MY HOME TOWN, IN MY FAMILY-COMPOUND. AM AN IGBOMAN LIVING IN THE USA, & WE CHALLENGE OURSELVES WITH OUR HEBRAIC-HERITAGE & GOING BY OUR CULTURE & THE CHRISTIAN CULTURES WE IMITATE FROM SCRIPTURES, EVEN WHILE IN EXILE, THE JEWS KEPT THE BONES OF MOST OF THEIR MAIN MEN, THEIR SONS & THEIR KINGS & BROUGHT IT BACK TO THE PROMISED LAND FOR A PROPER BURIAL.
YEA, I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND VERY INDIGENEOUS BUT, THERE IS SOME ETERNAL SENSE IN TAKING THE BODY BACK HOME FOR BURIAL, HOWEVER IN THE FACE OF STAGGERING FINANCIAL INADEQUACIES,  I WILL SUGGEST THAT THEY BURY US IN DIASPORA WHENEVER WE DIE IN DIASPORA,  EXCEPT IF WE TOOK OUT INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR OUR BURIAL.

SPEAKING OF INSURANCE COVERAGES, THAT WAS THE VERY 1ST ITEM MY UNCLE SCHOOLED ME ON WHEN I ARRIVED THE USA (& I STILL DON`T GET IT). HE TOLD ME THAT THIS WAS THE PRIMARY WAY WHITE PEOPLE PASS WEALTH ONTO THEIR KIDS & LOVED ONES. HOW YOU MAY ASK? WELL, WHAT IF AN EVENT THAT SHOULD CAUSE A GREAT DEAL OF GRIEF TO YOUR FAMILY, BE THE VERY SAME REASON WHY THEY ENTERED INTO SOME GREAT WEALTH.
SEE, A COUPLE WITH 3 KIDS EACH TAKE OUT SAY $1MILLION DOLLAR LIFE POLICY & WHEN THE POPS GOES, THE KIDS GETS A SHARE OF THE $1MILLION BUCKS & WHEN MUM LEAVES THEY GET FURTHER MONIES TO TAKE CARE OF THEM WITH POPS & MOM GONE. SOME TAKE OUT POLICIES WORTH $5MILL & ABOVE. SO IMAGINE WHAT HAPPENS TO THESE KIDS WHEN EITHER OF THEIR PARENTS IS GONE,

I WILL WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR, WHEN MY BABY IS BORN & THEN TAKE OUT A POLICY THAT WILL GUARANTEE HIM A GOOD LIFE IF I DO NOT STAY OUT VERY LONG TO DO STUFF FOR HIM MYSELF.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by Radiant(f): 11:44pm On Oct 28, 2006
Aiksmart, wtf? I mean wtf?

Just drop a single line with where d hell u want to be buried and shut it. Geez!!!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by dominobaby(f): 1:03am On Oct 29, 2006
Peeps, could we please type in small caps? There big letters make me yawn!

I really don't care where i'm buried, rather i'm more concerned with where ma soul's going.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by superman(m): 1:47am On Oct 29, 2006
its obvious some ppl should be buried in hell and rest in hell ha
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by dominobaby(f): 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2006
How do you mean superman?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by superman(m): 10:51pm On Oct 29, 2006
all those ppl we dey kill nigeria oooo i mean

but for me and you they shuold lock us up in one room till we ha die! haaaaaaa dnt ask me what not?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by aiksmart(m): 1:05am On Oct 30, 2006
Hi Radiant,
Unfortunately I failed to notice that I needed a form of permission from you before I could air my opinion, or do you now wish to be the self appointed chief-whip of this forum
You better recognize girl,
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by Radiant(f): 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2006
U better recognize b4 u rot in my hands
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by jaybaby(f): 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2006
Radianti no fall my hand naw-----Rephrase that ur Statement abegi lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2006
superman:

all those people we dey kill nigeria oooo i mean

but for me and you they shuold lock us up in one room till we ha die! haaaaaaa dnt ask me what not?

You must have been on something when you typed this?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by superman(m): 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2006
correct!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:39am On Nov 01, 2006
na inhalation, needle, or digestion you dey chop you poison?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by bensimon(m): 1:11pm On Nov 01, 2006
Interesting!!! I think that when one leaves this world, one should not leave those behind with unnecessary expenditure. I would prefer to be buried where I die. However, remember that most times, you would not have a say in the matter, even if you were to write a will. Your family might overide such decision especially, if you are well to do and respected in the family.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by dblock(m): 4:18am On Nov 02, 2006
I'd like to die in naija and also be buried there, if that don't happen i'm gonna be a pissed ghost cool
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:20am On Nov 02, 2006
I wish i could confidently say that I will die in Naija
I guess time will tell
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by IBEXY(m): 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2006
As an Ibo man I am genuinely worried about this case. Its tradition in my place to always bring back and bury a man in his own village - hence the saying 'a real man's head does not rot abraod'. Any how, I am registered with my community's social gathering here in UK. Its one of their fuctions to make sure my bones rest in good old naija whenever the lord takes back my soul.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by Radiant(f): 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2006
dblock:

I'd like to die in naija and also be buried there, if that don't happen i'm going to be a pissed ghost cool

grin grin grin that was a good one
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by jaybaby(f): 11:21am On Nov 08, 2006
Radianti wetin u dey open ya teeeth 4? shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora: Where Do You Want To Be Buried? by Radiant(f): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2006
Jay, wetin u deh pop ur eyes for? angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Get To Ekiti From Abuja / What Is Someone From Equatorial Guinea Called? / New Look Of Lagos City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.