Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution (7409 Views)

Mohammed Adoke Recommends CCT Chairman’s Removal, Prosecution - Thisday / Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States / Pictures Of Arraigned Suspects Of The Fuel Subsidy Scam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 18, 2012
The prosecution told Justice Okon Abang of a Federal High Court, Lagos, yesterday, that the fund involved in the case against the Managing Director of Capital Oil and Gas, Dr. Ifeanyi Uba and four others can conveniently settle the monthly allocation of 11 states from the Federation Account.

The police prosecutor has, therefore, prayed the court to turn down the bail application of the accused pending the conclusion of investigation, arguing that Ifeanyi Uba can interfere with the investigation.

The officials of Uba’s company detained with him are Joseph Orji, Chibuzo Ogbuokiri, Gidfrey Okorie and Nsikan Usoro.

In an affidavit filed by the police and argued by Mr Godwin Oblah and Prince Aderemi Adekile to oppose the bail application by the Capital Oil boss and four others, the police argued that releasing him now would jeopardise their on-going investigations, which may truncate their case in court.

Uba, through his counsel, Mr Joseph  Nwobike, SAN, however, urged the court to discountenance the police arguments, saying detaining him (Uba) beyond 48 hours as stipulated by law was a violation of his fundamental rights.

He argued that the alleged offence for which the applicants were remanded did not constitute a capital offence, stressing that the provisions of section 35(4) of the 1999 constitution clearly protect the liberty of the individual which the court must ensure it protects.

The police in its counter affidavit argued that contrary to what the applicants filed in their ex-parte application, cogent facts were concealed from the court to the extent that the applicants failed to show that they were detained on the order of a magistrate court, and that it was done deliberately to mislead the court.

According to the police, Uba was still being investigated on account of other allegations on money laundering, forgery of shipping documents and stealing by conversion of petroleum products worth about $280 million.

The police averred that “the applicants’ fraudulent acts were against the entire Nigerian society and had impacted adversely on the economy and general wel- being of the country.

“The total amount wrongfully and fraudulently obtained through the connivance and activities of the applicants is equivalent to the monthly statutory allocation from the Federation Account for 11 states in the federation.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/subsidy-scam-uba-obtained-more-than-11-states-allocation-prosecution/
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 18, 2012
Hmmm.... Wonder how they came about this figure. Anyway justice must be done. We're waiting.
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 18, 2012
Second to reply. All we seek is justice and refunding of the money
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Kemy11(m): 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2012
Na that kind stealing i go do afterall i have no business in uk grin
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by miteolu(m): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
Dr2great: Second to reply. All we seek is justice and refunding of the money

Refund wetin? Non of them has return nothing, else they share the remains among themselves
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Omen100(m): 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
Dr2great: Second to reply. All we seek is justice and refunding of the money

what is it about "I am first, i am second & i am what ever" please just drop your message & take a work. angry angry angry
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by free2ryhme: 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
Kemy11: Na that kind stealing i go do afterall i have no business in uk grin

atleast you dey wash plate and clean ground including cleaning toilet for uk ...
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by free2ryhme: 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
Igbo thief ... Nigeria I hail thee ooo.... Y garri no go go up

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Otutu1(m): 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2012
WHY? cry
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by DANILSA(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
LET JUSTICE TAKE IT'S COURSE
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by omenziate(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
All na wash abeg, settle d right authorities and walk free .
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by pingo(m): 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2012
You be thief!! I no be thief! U be rogue, I no be rogur! You be Oil Subsidy Robber! Yes accepted! Court!!! 35yrs with hard labour! grin
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Kemy11(m): 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
free2ryhme:

atleast you dey wash plate and clean ground including cleaning toilet for uk ...
Bleep u cuz i mean i wont travel to uk. Remember ibori tongue
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
Omen100:

what is it about "I am first, i am second & i am what ever" please just drop your message & take a work. angry angry angry

Eh Come again please?? shocked shocked
English eh..Odikwa na very serious o grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by overdrive(m): 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2012
Where are the others abi is this not witch hunting.
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Castos(m): 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ifeanyi Uba don kill person be dat! Igbo kwenu!! Na wa ooo real wa!!!
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by easyz(m): 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
criminals. They should be jail for d rest of their life.
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Omen100(m): 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
Zeddicus:

Eh Come again please?? shocked shocked
English eh..Odikwa na very serious o grin grin grin

my bad huh? please don't get me wrong, I quoted him or her with the act of annoyance, after all, there are familiar synchronization errors, so correction NOTED & thanks.
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by karpentar: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2012
overdrive: Where are the others abi is this not witch hunting.

Me asking same question? There are bigger yoruba and hausa/fulani fuel subsidy thieves. All of them should face same treatment - stoned to death.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by yuzedo: 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2012
ANAMBRA KWENU!!! grin grin grin

We are the baddest and the best in every area! Brain o, we get am! Money o, we get am! "IBO Sense" nko, WE GET AM!!!!!!! wink wink
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by floriana(m): 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2012
He has used the money to distribute free or cheap kerosine jor. Abeg free our robin hood.
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2012
The Man who will be future Governor of Anambra State... how can you jail him for theft
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by redcliff: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
[size=20pt]the just want to use this guy as scape goat.. he is probably the poorest oil marketer that they can mess with.... There is no way otedola is not involved in the subsidy scam[/size]
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Fogman(m): 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
God help this country
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by playboy19(m): 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
According to Nigerian setting, this man has done the most honorable thing in the book. He didn't steal N5m or N50 but he has stolen a huge sum which will be enough for everyone to share, so Oh Ye citizens of Nigeria brace yourself up, we have another GCON nominee wink.
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by governor20177(m): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
He tried by selling his kerosene 50 Naira per liter. many of them will steal all these money and travel to London or Dubai, but he decided to feed the poor masses. In a way sha he tried. i once heard that he want to contest anambra state governor come next election . Others were are they?
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Profidada: 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
Amadu ali, deziane maduekwe who headed the pppra and the petroleum ministry respectively ( where this monumental fraud took place) are not brought to book, i dont expect much from this investigation.
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
Wont be suprised if nothing comes out of this. Any update on farouk and otedola's case? Uba is a free man already, just watch and see
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
Omen100:

my bad huh? please don't get me wrong, I quoted him or her with the act of annoyance, after all, there are familiar synchronization errors, so correction NOTED & thanks.
GOOD BOY !! grin smiley
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by Digriz(m): 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2012
Settle them and go ur way after all wat the want is their own share of the national cake.
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by naja2: 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
NOTHING WILL CHANGE, HE IS A GOOD FRIEND OF DEZIANI, THERE IS NO MISTAKE IN PAYING SOMEONE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN EXCESS ITS A WELL ORGANISED FRAUD THAT HAS THE BACKING OF THE GOVT, ITS THE REGULAR PDP DRAMA, HE WILL BE CHARGED TO COURT AND GRANTED BAIL AND ALLOWED TO ENJOY HIS LOOT HAPPILY EVER AFTER. PDP LED FEDERAL GOVT IS A SCAM, THE MONEY WAS USED FOR ELECTIONS AND EVERYBODY KNOWS SO WHY THE DRAMA? ABEG I AM FRYING GARRI , I DONT WANT MY GARRI TO BURN JOOR!
Re: Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution by gentlegg(m): 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
There is no way a man will eat/steal government money without collaboration with government official(s). I am not supporting Ifeanyi Ubah in anyway but honestly Ifeanyi Ubahs are not our problem with Oil sector, it's the Diezianis, NNPC chairman/Directors, Senate committee chairman on petroleum, PDP stalwarts(with so many oil wells) etc. that are the main problem we have

For business sake, this marketers are business men, and there is hardly a billion naira business without sharp practices(am neither in support of it ooo). There is no way the rat outside the house will know the exact location of fish inside, let alone eating the fish without being aided/assisted by the rat inside the house, and believe me the rat outside is never a problem to the house but the rat inside, kill the rat inside and fish will not miss again.

Why should Diezianis, NNPC chairman/Directors, Senate committee chairman on petroleum, PDP stalwarts(with so many oil wells)etc be walking free and a business man that has over 5,000 Nigerians on his payroll be locked up?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Too Bad ..... UNIBEN Girl Paid ONLY $10 To Dance In N@ked / BREAKING!! Sporadic Gun Shots As Soldiers Clash With IPOB Members In Ebonyi / Updates on Govnorship/state House Results From Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.