Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? (10425 Views)

When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) / How Do I Know God Called Me / A Man Of God Called Rain Down During A Crusade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by LordReed(m): 8:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL. But...but I and tiarabubu have chemistry, didn't you see where I asked for her definition of Islam? You guys are like rabbits- much too hoppy. If you show patience, you will understand. The fact that I opened this thread doesn't mean I will attend to every issue raised. Haba! What about real life?

C'mon man! This is not a question of responding to every issue. It was you who brought up islam predates the prophet Mohammed. I was going to open a thread just to ask you this but tiarabubu asked you and I was expecting a succinct reply from you but you play the "talk to the hand" card. Are we ever going to get past this type of answers to simple requests?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2012
^Come on. I have had the debate on the topic with Tiarabubu before. I practically know her arguments by heart already. Before we can have a proper discussion on the subject, we need to define terms. So tell me, what do you understand to be Islam in other words what is Islam?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Sweetnecta: 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2012
@Lord_Reed, Tiarabubu, etc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA2N2Iz5ExM

watch that video. The jewish rabbi says Islam predates judaism because the know it is the religion of "beni Noah"
i have news for you: Islam was the religion of Adam [as] an his wife. You must believe they worshiped God. Not in judaism or in christianity. But in Islam.

watch this, too. You should hear the rabbi saying "God hears the arabs" so they the judeo-christians need to work hard to make sure The Muslims dont utilize the advantage of God making Himself the Hearer of the Arabs. What the rabbi forgets is that such intention to not let God hear what He has decreed to hear is actually fight against God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdsVGoGbbqI&feature=related
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 20, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Lord_Reed, Tiarabubu, etc:

watch that video. The jewish rabbi says Islam predates judaism because the know it is the religion of "beni Noah"
i have news for you: Islam was the religion of Adam [as] an his wife. You must believe they worshiped God. Not in judaism or in christianity. But in Islam.

watch this, too. You should hear the rabbi saying "God hears the arabs" so they the judeo-christians need to work hard to make sure The Muslims dont utilize the advantage of God making Himself the Hearer of the Arabs. What the rabbi forgets is that such intention to not let God hear what He has decreed to hear is actually fight against God.

Sharaap. angry angry angry

Who do you think you are brainwashing? This is not your children's mosque where you brainwash peeps.

How can one be a muslim before the revelation of islam? Are you serious? How can Jesus be a muslim when he quoted Jewish scripotures and lived with jews.

1 Like

Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by LordReed(m): 8:51pm On Oct 20, 2012
maclatunji: ^Come on. I have had the debate on the topic with Tiarabubu before. I practically know her arguments by heart already. Before we can have a proper discussion on the subject, we need to define terms. So tell me, what do you understand to be Islam in other words what is Islam?

Ok fine, you've answered tiarabubu but in the interest of the larger viewing public show us how islam predates the prophet Mohammed.

Islam as I know is the way of worshiping Allah and adhering to His tenets as He revealed them to Mohammed.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2012
maclatunji: ^Come on. I have had the debate on the topic with Tiarabubu before. I practically know her arguments by heart already. Before we can have a proper discussion on the subject, we need to define terms. So tell me, what do you understand to be Islam in other words what is Islam?

Islam is to submit.

But then if that is all what it is, the prophet's father Abdallah would have to be a muslim.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by LordReed(m): 8:55pm On Oct 20, 2012

Sometimes I struggle to understand your posts because somehow they loose coherence. I don't understand what you are driving at.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by tiarabubu: 9:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Please, you were so spoiling for a fight that you just had to open a thread. Along comes someone to provide clear insight as to the perception of various people and you can't stand the truth.

Another thing about you muslims is your funny behaviour when people ask for clarification. Tiarabubu pointed out quite clearly that no historical document mentions islam or muslims before 650AD, instead of you to show how you come to know islam predates the prophet, you go on attack. Yet you folks will say we don't understand. How shall we if you can not speak without taking offense on every little thing?

Simple thing: show how islam predated Mohammed.

@tiarabubu
Well done, nicely done job

Bulls Eye!!

Thank you o jare.

I have been expecting coherent answer and Sweetnecta pulls a youtube video as if its the find of the Century. I can as well pull up Guru Maharaji video where he claimed to have existed before the world began and claim that as facts.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Islam is to submit.

But then if that is all what it is, the prophet's father Abdallah would have to be a muslim.

Submit to what? Your definition is not good enough.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2012
maclatunji:

Submit to what? Your definition is not good enough.

Submit to God?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
Are you asking or saying?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
maclatunji: Are you asking or saying?

Asking? cheesy
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2012
Then we have a problem unless you accept that Islam is defined as: submission to God. This definition is basic.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by LordReed(m): 10:48pm On Oct 20, 2012
maclatunji: Then we have a problem unless you accept that Islam is defined as: submission to God. This definition is basic.

What a pedantic definition! In other words every submission to God is islam? No I will not subscribe to that because I see where you will take it to.

If islam does not involve what Allah revealed to Mohammed then there was no need for the said revelation since islam was already in place.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 12:56am On Oct 21, 2012
Lord_Reed:

What a pedantic definition! In other words every submission to God is islam? No I will not subscribe to that because I see where you will take it to.

If islam does not involve what Allah revealed to Mohammed then there was no need for the said revelation since islam was already in place.

LOL. You have just tried to attack one way of looking at it. Mind you Logicboy brought out submission but he is absolutely right. However, like you said, the definition by itself is not good enough so wouldn't you love examples?

Shall we go to how the whole saga started? This thread is going to be veeeery staggered because I might not be able to attend to you as quickly as you want. However, you're learning fast- Whoever submits to God via His will and commandments is a Muslim. Don't worry with patience I will show you how. I must warn you though, I do limited Nairaland on Sundays tongue
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by LordReed(m): 6:37am On Oct 21, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL. You have just tried to attack one way of looking at it. Mind you Logicboy brought out submission but he is absolutely right. However, like you said, the definition by itself is not good enough so wouldn't you love examples?

Shall we go to how the whole saga started? This thread is going to be veeeery staggered because I might not be able to attend to you as quickly as you want. However, you're learning fast- Whoever submits to God via His will and commandments is a Muslim. Don't worry with patience I will show you how. I must warn you though, I do limited Nairaland on Sundays tongue

As long as you answer no qualms.

However you really must treat the issue of the definition of islam because I know that though I submit to God and His commandments you will never count me as practicing islam thus it cannot be accepted that everyone who submits to God and His commandments is a Muslim.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 9:08am On Oct 21, 2012
Lord_Reed:

As long as you answer no qualms.

However you really must treat the issue of the definition of islam because I know that though I submit to God and His commandments you will never count me as practicing islam thus it cannot be accepted that everyone who submits to God and His commandments is a Muslim.

Gra-gra plenty for una. If we agree that Islam is submission to God, then we have to define who God is and what His commandments really are because if you don't know who God is and what his commandments truly are. How can you truly submit to him?

However, following the drift of your argument. Yeah! It's possible to die as a Muslim and not know that you're already a Muslim just because of this definition of Islam.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Sweetnecta: 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
@Lord Reed:
by Lord_Reed(m): 8:55pm On Oct 20

watch that video. The jewish rabbi says Islam predates judaism because they [the jews] know it is the religion of "beni Noah"

if only you have not allowed your prejudices to cloud your judgment, you would would have read the two bold, watch the videos and the below statement that made no sense would not have been put up as a means of responding to me.

Sometimes I struggle to understand your posts because somehow they loose coherence. I don't understand what you are driving at.
Islam says dont let your dislike [prejudice] make you unjust. did you ask maclatunji to provide evidence that islam predates judaism? the ewish rabbi in the first video said the religion of beni noah they believe was Islam, to indicate that judaism came much later. Allah says that even Abraham who was after such a time as the time of beni noah was not a jew, because jew and judaism came much later, probably in the time of the children of jacob for the tribe of jew and much after Moses for the religion of judaism. remember was here to correct the lost among them, almost all of them was were lost except a few: John and his father, and their relatives.

the jewish rabbi in the second video was saying that the God he worships says He will listen to the arabs, evidenced by muslims praying 5 times a day [the words of the jewish rabbi]. dont they teach you people anything in school anymore? you seem no to be a reader of any beneficial material, if it will steer you away from what you are dogmatic about.

There is an app for reading: open your eyes.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by LordReed(m): 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Gra-gra plenty for una. If we agree that Islam is submission to God, then we have to define who God is and what His commandments really are because if you don't know who God is and what his commandments truly are. How can you truly submit to him?

However, following the drift of your argument. Yeah! It's possible to die as a Muslim and not know that you're already a Muslim just because of this definition of Islam.

Really? What a laugh. Anyways continue to answer the question I am all eyes.

@Sweetnecta
You really should learn how to stay coherent in your posts. You jumble up words so much I really can't get what you are saying.

As for the video I have not been able to watch it yet.
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 9:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
You know God keeps showing me love and mercy. I don't have to type a lecture for you anymore, this brother has done so perhaps better than I could ever type. Therefore, I will refer you to it and probably address any issues you raise thereafter provided they aren't frivolous. tongue

What You Did Not Know About Islam

https://www.nairaland.com/1080985/what-did-not-know-islam#12646000
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2012
maclatunji: You know God keeps showing me love and mercy. I don't have to type a lecture for you anymore, this brother has done so perhaps better than I could ever type. Therefore, I will refer you to it and probably address any issues you raise thereafter provided they aren't frivolous. tongue

That thread is a load of nonsense. Just because it appeals to your muslim bias doesnt mean that it is factual!
Please, make your own arguments. angry angry
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

That thread is a load of nonsense. Just because it appeals to your muslim bias doesnt mean that it is factual!

I don't need to. Like your disbelief affects my life. Hahahahaha!
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by ghazzal: 8:19am On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03:

@logicboy03
what are your reasons to classify the tread as "a load of nonsense", i think it will be better if you raise your objections clearly.

its an educative tread and...............subscribing as an observer!
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2012
To Maclatunji and Ghazzal;

That thread has numerous lies praising Islam

1) Islam existed since the beginning of time!
-Did it exist at the big bang?
-Was Abraham a muslim? No
-Was Muhammad's father a muslim? No
-Was Jesus a muslim? NO

2) Universally Available to all people
-Is that why I am told that you cant fully understand the Quran without Arabic? Millions of even muslims dont spoeak Arabic
-Is that why Islam spread through slavery and conquest in Sub-Sahran Africa
-Was it readily available in Nigeria before the Arabs came?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 10:45am On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03: To Maclatunji and Ghazzal;

-Was Jesus a muslim? NO

-Is that why I am told that you cant fully understand the Quran without Arabic? Millions of even muslims dont spoeak Arabic

*Yawns*
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by LordReed(m): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2012
maclatunji: You know God keeps showing me love and mercy. I don't have to type a lecture for you anymore, this brother has done so perhaps better than I could ever type. Therefore, I will refer you to it and probably address any issues you raise thereafter provided they aren't frivolous. tongue

First questions:

1. What was the name of the religion given from Adam's time? Where was it recorded?

2. It what form did this religion survive until the time of Mohammed?

3. If Arabic is the most precise form of religious language how come there are no extant texts that survive from the pre-Mohammed days or where the revelations to other prophets not recorded in Arabic?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by ghazzal: 11:29am On Oct 22, 2012
maclatunji:

*Yawns*

@maclatunji, ...... waiting for your response pls
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 22, 2012
ghazzal:

@maclatunji, ...... waiting for your response pls

He has none
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by ghazzal: 11:49am On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03:

-Was Jesus a muslim? NO

my friend, thats a problem. people dont understand islam. the scenario these days is like that of past prophets where their people attack them to run from the message. they forget that everyman decides his own fate.... now

Islam existed since the beginning of time!
-Did it exist at the big bang? i dont know and it really does not matter or did Adam exist at the big bang?
-Was Abraham a muslim? Abraham was a monotheist. one who submits himself wholly to one true God giving him the title"friend of God". is that the meaning of Muslim?
-Was Muhammad's father a muslim? was Mary a Christian? or was Abrahams father submissive to God? how did that become a criteria
-Was Jesus a muslim? check the Bible, was Jesus submissive to God "the father"

if Millions of even muslims dont spoeak Arabic and they spread around the globe, they are convinced of islam. is islam universal? isnt that suprising too........lol

i did not read above that being universal is a function of time. show me pls!
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by ghazzal: 11:52am On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03:

He has none

i think he is just fed-up with repeating same thing on several threads especially when the audience are almost same.......... i think you agree it is frustrating too if thats the case anyway
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
Lord_Reed:

First questions:

1. What was the name of the religion given from Adam's time? Where was it recorded?

You can call it "Pangolo" for all I care. Like the writer said in that article- Inasmuch as Adam submitted to God and followed his instructions as best he could and God was pleased with him, that is Islam.

Lord_Reed:
2. It what form did this religion survive until the time of Mohammed?

Ahn Ahn!!, Are you not thinking? The forms passed by Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (Peace be upon them) with the unifying message, your God is one, worship no one but him.

[b]Islam is not a new religion because "submission to the will of God", i.e. Islam, has always been the only acceptable religion in the sight of God. For this reason, Islam is the true "natural religion", and it is the same eternal message revealed through the ages to all of God's prophets and messengers. Muslims believe that all of God's prophets, which include Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, brought the same message of Pure Monotheism. For this reason, the Prophet Muhammad was not the founder of a new religion, as many people mistakenly think, but he was the Final Prophet of Islam. By revealing His final message to Muhammad, which is an eternal and universal message for all of mankind, God finally fulfilled the covenant that He made with Abraham, who was one of the earliest and greatest prophets. Suffice it to say that the way of Islam is the same as the way of the prophet Abraham, because both the Bible and the Qur'an portray Abraham as a towering example of someone who submitted himself completely to God and worshipped Him without intermediaries. Once this is realized, it should be clear that Islam has the most continuous and universal message of any religion, because all prophets and messengers were "Muslims", i.e. those who submitted to God's will, and they preached "Islam", i.e. submission to the will of Almighty God.[/b]

http://discover.islamway.com/articles.php?article_id=2

Lord_Reed:
3. If Arabic is the most precise form of religious language how come there are no extant texts that survive from the pre-Mohammed days or where the revelations to other prophets not recorded in Arabic?

Of course, the overwhelming majority of scriptures and Prophets before Muhammad(SAW)didn't come in Arabic neither were they Arabs. The previous scriptures that are known include the Torah, Injeel, Zaburah and now the Qur'an. Where are you headed?
Re: What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? by maclatunji: 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
ghazzal:

i think he is just fed-up with repeating same thing on several threads especially when the audience are almost same.......... i think you agree it is frustrating too if thats the case anyway

The big bang coming from him implies the beginning of the process of creation. If there were no creatures at the point of creation, will there be a need for submission? There are no creatures whether animate or inanimate to submit to the creator.

There's little need to address someone who is just being deliberately obstinate instead of genuinely curious. Disbelief is a choice- so I am not obliged to roll-over to please him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Annunaki, Parisbookaddict...on Sunni And Shiit Islam / The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution / Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.