Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Will Muslims See God? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Will Muslims See God? (12435 Views)

Will Muslims Go To Heaven? / Can You Muslims See Your Lives? 500dead And Counting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Muslims See God? by rhymz(m): 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
My frustration with religious people when debating with them is their resort to their little "holy books", limiting their opponents and forcing them to debate based on the ideologies and dictates of their "little holy books".

What if I do not believe what is in your holy book? Am I supposed to hold as divine and sacrosanct, words and ideologies written hapharzadly by mere mortals like me with their numerous religious and mystic beliefs? What makes them holy or divine? Who is the arbiter of this God's thoughts and what he says? Unless the authors of these books had four heads and superhuman powers to support such claims, it is all a gamble. Nobody can accurately explain what happens beyond the realm of our existence.

What about arguing on the authenticity and mendacity of such claims? Anyone can write a manual for how a movement must function, it does not neccessarily make dissident views outside the confines of the manual any less better especially when such ideologies have questionable claims and unproven assertions.

Abeg, people should stop quoting books from the little holybooks whose authors can't even accurately traced to anyone with actual existence of the time they were written.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Caseless: 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
Demdem: I am one of those that strongly believe that we arent worshiping the same God. So Op should define which God he/she is referring to.
ofcourse ,we cant be worshiping thesame God..as the God we worship is ONE and monotheistic in nature, but the God u worship is 3 i.e God in the son, father and holy spirit. This polytheistic nature of ur God confirms the fact that we worship different God compare to the one u worship. If God is three, in son , father and holyspirit , then it creates the feeling as if God was made in china...i believe u cant say that the supernatural GOD is divided into 3. Who among the 3 Gods of urs created the rest? Holy confusion!
Re: Will Muslims See God? by lacasa: 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
Sweetnecta: the muslims, instead of heaven will make PARADISE, InshaAllah.

let the christians keep their "HEAVEN".

We are satisfied with "PARADISE".

Lools!..

This op is ridiculous
Re: Will Muslims See God? by mrrock: 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
All you have to do is; Do what is right. Forget about any heaven. If heaven is a reward nature will provide it to you effortlessly.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
acidtalk: Let me throw a question back to you;

Someone who comes out to lie to millions of people that God called him and so therefore he is a man of God, He plays on the naïve nature of people by using their 10% tithe and offerings to buy fleets of private jet and build expensive school thereby denying the poor.

And a Muslim who genuinely shares what he has made legally to the needy, WHO DO YOU THINK WILL MAKE HEAVEN??

Not every so called christian will smell the gate of Heaven, most especially those that have used the name of God to deceive people.

r

Bravo couldnt have said it better grin
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.....

Na him be say I must go heaven o.......

YES NOW LOL
Re: Will Muslims See God? by okpurukata(f): 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
Kassidy90:  

JANNAT (PARADISE)

1. Jannat is a very large and very beautiful place.

2. It has been made by Allah Ta'ala for Muslims.

3. It's walls have been made of bricks of gold and silver and its cement is made of musk.

4. The ground is made of saffron and ambergris (a wax-like substance).

5. Instead of gravel, there will be diamonds and pearls.

6. There are huge mansions made of pearls, diamonds and beautiful jewellery to house the residents of Jannat.

7. There are 100 ranks in Jannat. Each rank is as large in breadth as the sky to the ground. It's doors are so wide that a fast horse would have to run seventy years to get from one side to another.

8. There will be so many gifts in Jannat that you would not dream or think about.

9. There will be various types of fruits, milk, honey, wine (sweet smelling, non-alcoholic) and other delicious types of food for the Jannatis.

10. Jannatis will be given clothes so beautiful that nobody in this world will have ever had fate to wear.

11. For assistance, thousands of "Ghilmaan" or clean, pure servants will be available and for company, beautiful "Hoors" (princesses) whose beauty will be so intense that if one Hoor actually looked towards this world, the people would become unconscious just by looking at her beauty and shining.

12. No one will feel sleepy or fall sick in Jannat.

13. No one will be scared or taste death in Jannat.

14. There would not be any sort of trouble, difficulty, hardships or suffering but all kinds of comfort in Jannat.

15. Every wish, request and desire will be fulfilled in Jannat and the greatest Ne'mat (blessing) in Jannat is to make Didaar (see) of Allah Ta'ala

[color=#770077][/color Number 11 point; Pray, tell me who these servants are. So while you are enjoying all these in heaven, these unfortunate ones are serving you eeh. Can't stop laughing. There will also be beautiful babes- too beautiful to make men faint. Waoooo. A whole 72 of them, how will you have time forGod? Then no handsome partner for the women eeh? So they will still be marginalized in Jannat as on this world.
So so funny.]

1 Like

Re: Will Muslims See God? by muteeu(m): 3:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
In the next life, the Muslim believers will see their Lord with their own eyes. They will visit Him, and He will speak to them and they will speak to Him. Allaah, Most High, stated

“Some faces will be radiant on that day, gazing at their Lord.” (Qur’an Chapter al-Qiyaamah 75:22-23)

“No. On that day they will be veiled from their Lord.” (Qur’an Chapter al-Mutaffifeen 83: 15)

Since those are veiled due to [Allaah’s] anger, it indicates that the believers will see Him due to His pleasure [with them], otherwise there would be no difference between them.
The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Indeed you will see your Lord the way you see this moon. You will not struggle with crowds to see Him.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, vol. 1, no. 529 and Sahih Muslim, vol. 1, no. 1322)

‘Adee ibn Abee Haatim quoted the Prophet (pbuh) as saying:“Verily each one of you will see Allaah on the day when you must meet Him, and there will not be between Him and you a veil nor a translator.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, vol. 9, no. 535)

Jesus ( may Peace of Allah be upon him) never called himself son of God but always call himself Son of Man (Matthew 10 vs 23) and many places in Bible. all the prophet brought region call Peace (Islam). Allah (swt) say in Qur'an Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam (qra 319)... then he say in another verse that Allah say in quaran who eveer bring any religion other than islam he will no accept it from him and he will be among the loser
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
honey001:

Explain.
GOD DID NOT GIVE US RELIGION. HE DID NOT GIVE US THE CHRISTIAN OR THE MUSLIM RELIGION. THOSE ARE ALL MAN MADE. IF YOU FOLLOW BOTH RELIGION OR ANY OTHER RELIGION, YOU ARE FOLLOWING A DELUSION. THE BIBLE IS ABOUT LAWS STATUTES COMMANDMENTS HISTORY AND PROPHESYS. NOT RELIGION. IS THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION A RELIGION ? SAME WAY THE HOLY CONSTITUTION IS NOT A RELIGION.

1 Like

Re: Will Muslims See God? by doubleportion: 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
John 3:16 has said it all.the word of God is just too simple for some pple to believe!
Re: Will Muslims See God? by veraponpo(m): 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
@OP. The muslims cannot make heavens.

From personal experience, I can tell you vividly that Jesus is the way.

Jesus said "just as it was in the days of Noah" remember the story of Noah, it was just an instruction-ENTER THE ARK. But people did not believe and obey. They all perished. So it will be on that day. Now the instruction is just believe JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD AND THAT HE DIED AND RESURRECTED FOR YOUR SALVATION. They find it hard.

JESUS SAID ' I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO ONE GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY ME'.

HE ALSO SAID ' BELIEVE IN GOD,BELIEVE ALSO IN ME, IN MY FATHER'S HOUSE THERE ARE MANY MANSIONS, IF IT WAS NOT SO, I WOULDN'T HAVE TOLD U, I AM GOING TO THE FATHER TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU SO THAT WHERE I AM YOU CAN ALSO BE'.

MUSLIMS CANNOT SEE GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Will Muslims See God? by doubleportion: 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
muteeu: In the next life, the Muslim believers will see their Lord with their own eyes. They will visit Him, and He will speak to them and they will speak to Him. Allaah, Most High, stated

“Some faces will be radiant on that day, gazing at their Lord.” (Qur’an Chapter al-Qiyaamah 75:22-23)

“No. On that day they will be veiled from their Lord.” (Qur’an Chapter al-Mutaffifeen 83: 15)

Since those are veiled due to [Allaah’s] anger, it indicates that the believers will see Him due to His pleasure [with them], otherwise there would be no difference between them.
The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Indeed you will see your Lord the way you see this moon. You will not struggle with crowds to see Him.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, vol. 1, no. 529 and Sahih Muslim, vol. 1, no. 1322)

‘Adee ibn Abee Haatim quoted the Prophet (pbuh) as saying:“Verily each one of you will see Allaah on the day when you must meet Him, and there will not be between Him and you a veil nor a translator.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, vol. 9, no. 535)

Jesus ( may Peace of Allah be upon him) never called himself son of God but always call himself Son of Man (Matthew 10 vs 23) and many places in Bible. all the prophet brought region call Peace (Islam). Allah (swt) say in Qur'an Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam (qra 319)... then he say in another verse that Allah say in quaran who eveer bring any religion other than islam he will no accept it from him and he will be among the loser
even Amadunijad knows better than you do!
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Demdem(m): 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
caseless: ofcourse ,we cant be worshiping thesame God..as the God we worship is ONE and monotheistic in nature, but the God u worship is 3 i.e God in the son, father and holy spirit. This polytheistic nature of ur God confirms the fact that we worship different God compare to the one u worship. If God is three, in son , father and holyspirit , then it creates the feeling as if God was made in china...i believe u cant say that the supernatural GOD is divided into 3. Who among the 3 Gods of urs created the rest? Holy confusion!

Its not given to u to understand the mystery behind it so i quite understand ur plight. Besides i agree with u that we are surely not worshiping the same God. The OP needs to define the God in question.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by ibrobell(m): 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
jazahan bi maa kana yaksibuna (you shall be judged according to your deeds)
Re: Will Muslims See God? by stuhporh: 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
Re: Will Muslims See God? by muteeu(m): 3:55pm
In the next life, the Muslim believers will see their Lord with their own eyes. They will visit Him, and He will speak to them and they will speak to Him. Allaah, Most High, stated

[b]

Jesus ( may Peace of Allah be upon him) never called himself son of God but always call himself Son of Man (Matthew 10 vs 23) and many places in Bible. all the prophet brought region call Peace (Islam). Allah (swt) say in Qur'an Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam (qra 319)... then he say in another verse that Allah say in quaran who eveer bring any religion other than islam he will no accept it from him and he will be among the lose[/b][b][/b]

if i get you right, even religion from Jesus christ wont be recognised? LMAO!!!!!
Re: Will Muslims See God? by shdemidemi(m): 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2012
unnecessary question...everybody is gonna say his belief is better ofcourse ,if i were to b muslim i will say its Allah but I am christian I say
and believe u make heaven only through Jesus. Instead of arguing and counter arguing.Lets all live in peace and respect each other and learn the holy books without sentiments and with open minds.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
Yea...Muslims will go to paradise where the would live their entire life Rocking virgins. I can't imagine yanshing 5 virgins on a daily basis.

Hmmm...Christian will go to heaven praising and worshipping Almighty God.
After all the prayers, worship songs and clapping on planet earth one still has to replicate sequence up there. Too tedious for comfort.

Now, make your choice where you want to be but as for me and my family we have decided to WORSHIP the Lord.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by stuhporh: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
Demdem:

Its not given to u to understand the mystery behind it so i quite understand ur plight. Besides i agree with u that we are surely not worshiping the same God. The OP needs to define the God in question.

@demdem; such a funny post, thank GOD i have read the QURAN well enough even as i am a christian. even prophet Muhammed acknowledges JESUS CHRIST, but that isnt the question. We worship same GOD, we have a mix up coz GOD wants it so. I hope you remember the story of abraham and the son the slave had for him and GODS reaction to it. so when muslims say they are slaves, i understand, But when christians refuse to say the same, it is not to say we are above you in the sight of GOD, it is to show that we acknowledge the love of GOD for humans. and that love is greater than a fatherly love.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Caseless: 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
doubleportion:
even Amadunijad knows better than you do!
how u spelt ahamadinejad shows the guy u quoted is ahead of u.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Imoy(m): 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2012

Someone who comes out to lie to millions of people that God called him and so therefore he is a man of God, He plays on the naïve nature of people by using their 10% tithe and offerings to buy fleets of private jet and build expensive school thereby denying the poor.

And a Muslim who genuinely shares what he has made legally to the needy, WHO DO YOU THINK WILL MAKE HEAVEN??

Not every so called christian will smell the gate of Heaven, most especially those that have used the name of God to deceive people.

r
This the truth. Bt its rather unfortunate that some of our so called pastors wunt take this,bt rather turn d bible to suit dem. Jesus himself told us wot pure religion is in James 1 vs 27. God help us all.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Profkenny1(m): 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
I strongly believe Muslims will definitely see Allah and Christians will definitely see God. Allah and God are NOT the same.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Caseless: 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
Demdem:

u must define ur God in order to make it easy for him(op) to answer ur question properly. Like i've jst pointed out, our GOD is one, but urs i 3....d diff is clear.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Demdem(m): 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
stuhporh:

@demdem; such a funny post, thank GOD i have read the QURAN well enough even as i am a christian. even prophet Muhammed acknowledges JESUS CHRIST, but that isnt the question. We worship same GOD, we have a mix up coz GOD wants it so. I hope you remember the story of abraham and the son the slave had for him and GODS reaction to it. so when muslims say they are slaves, i understand, But when christians refuse to say the same, it is not to say we are above you in the sight of GOD, it is to show that we acknowledge the love of GOD for humans. and that love is greater than a fatherly love.

Well, God is no confusionist. As long as what the xtaian God demands and commands as the only way differs from what the Muslim God demand as the way, there is no way the two can be the same. God isnt human. I respect the Muslim God, is just that its different from the xtain God.

1 Like

Re: Will Muslims See God? by stuhporh: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded, I find your comment interesting. You might want to read this: The Qur'an has a categorical answer to the bolded part of your post.

Quran Chapter 5. Suratul Ma'idah (The Table Spread with Food) Verse 110-120

[b]110. (Remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection). "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)] so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity; and when I taught you writing, Al-Hikmah (the power of understanding), the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel); and when you made out of the clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission, and you healed those born blind, and the lepers by My Permission, and when you brought forth the dead by My Permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) since you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.' "

111. And when I (Allah) put in the hearts of Al-Hawarieen (the disciples) [of 'Iesa (Jesus)] to believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: "We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims."

112. (Remember) when Al-Hawariun (the disciples) said: "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Can your Lord send down to us a table spread (with food) from heaven?" 'Iesa (Jesus) said: "Fear Allah, if you are indeed believers."

113. They said: "We wish to eat thereof and to be stronger in Faith, and to know that you have indeed told us the truth and that we ourselves be its witnesses."

114. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Allah, our Lord! Send us from heaven a table spread (with food) that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a festival and a sign from You; and provide us sustenance, for You are the Best of sustainers."

115. Allah said: "I am going to send it down unto you, but if any of you after that disbelieves, then I will punish him with a torment such as I have not inflicted on anyone among (all) the 'Alamin (mankind and jinns)."

116. And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?' " He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.

117. "Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) did command me to say: 'Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

118. "If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise ."

119. Allah will say: "This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) - they shall abide therein forever. Allah is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success (Paradise).

120. To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein, and He is Able to do all things. [/b]
If i may ask, who wrote this in the Quran?
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Demdem(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
caseless: u must define ur God in order to make it easy for him(op) to answer ur question properly. Like i've jst pointed out, our GOD is one, but urs i 3....d diff is clear.

The Op asked a question not me. the onus is on him to be explicit about it. Again both the Xtian God and muslim God arent the same. Only politicians will tell u otherwise for their selfish interest.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Caseless: 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
stuhporh:

brilliant christain! The problem with our so called nigerian christain is that, they dont even read the bible not to even talk of understanding it.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by missbrownsugar: 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
Let me throw more light on john 3:3 except a man is born again he cannot see d kingdom of God. being born again is by accepting jesus to be the lord and savior of ur life..the bible says with the heart man believes and with d mouth confession is made unto salvation. Now d question here is do muslims confess d lordship of jesus? No so how re they expected to make heaven? Let's not deceive ourselves life is spiritual and every question abt life has its answers in d bible. ill rest my case here.

1 Like

Re: Will Muslims See God? by maclatunji: 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
Revealed by God through Angel Gabriel (AS) to Prophet Muhammad (SAW). The Prophet was unlettered so preservation was done through memorisation and the use of scribes.

stuhporh:
If i may ask, who wrote this in the Quran?
Re: Will Muslims See God? by misreal(m): 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2012

r
u av no right to say wat u just said.if u pay your tithe u r nt paying it to de pastor weda he eats it or not.so pls dnt rob God
Re: Will Muslims See God? by shdemidemi(m): 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
Demdem:

Well, God is no confusionist. As long as what the xtaian God demands and commands as the only way differs from what the Muslim God demand as the way, there is no way the two can be the same. God isnt human. I respect the Muslim God, is just that its different from the xtain God.

a simple explanation of 3 in 1 is how God has related with humans.In the beginning God spoke with humans and appeared to them, i call that 1st dispensation, in the second dispensation, God related with humans through Jesus Christ and in the 3rd dispensation in which we are right now,he speaks through d holy spirit.

1 Like

Re: Will Muslims See God? by Caseless: 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
Demdem:

The Op asked a question not me. the onus is on him to be explicit about it. Again both the Xtian God and muslim God arent the same.
since ur belief is concerntric to the difference in GOD we worship, why not give me proof to back ur position like i'v done pointing out the polytheistic nature of ur God as a way of differentiating our God from urs.
Re: Will Muslims See God? by Patdedon(m): 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
The only one who can make the kingdom of God is THE ONE THAT GOD SHOWS MERCY. Whether u are a christian, muslim, buddhist, hindi etc doesn't matter. It is written " It is not of he that runneth, or he that worketh but of God that showeth mercy". We are also meant to know that no one is righteous enough to see God. It is by the mercy of God that u can enter the kingdom not ur religion. And u can obtain God's mercy by keeping christ's last and new commandment. "And I give you a new commandment, LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF. Period!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Share Your Eidmubarak Pictures Here / "Seven (7) Ways To Earn Reward Even After Death" / THE Sin Of Fornication And Adultery In Islam Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.