Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers (10880 Views)

Foreign Trained Graduates Meet Up-here / NYSC - Foreign Trained Graduates Requirements / Nysc 2010: Resource For Foreign-trained Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by controlseven: 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
Jerri: Thanks Geniero, still exploring my options. Have a nice week
*whispering* Oyibo returnee na hot cake for kidnapers here ooo...lol

1 Like

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
slimyem: They still do enjoy that...
They are usually posted to choose between Lagos/Abuja or any other state of their choice.

Why the glaring discrimination and favouritism in their posting?

E don tay way Naija dey look us home trained graduates like fools.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by NdukweJC(m): 5:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
Some Times I wonder what people really thinks Abroad means.This Guy just said he has dual citizenship and no body ever cares to know where is his second nationality before advicing him to leave Nigeria.What if the second citizenship is country far much worse than Nigeria economically lets say Malawi of Sudan or Ukrain.I think people should stop this propanga of Nigeria is worse than any other place in the planet.Thereby fooling innocent ignorant Nigerians on inciting them into this dangerouse venture of unorganised illegal immigration which usually ends up in Jail.Nigeria has more than 20 thousand illegal immigrants only in UK prisons.I am not talking of those convicted of other criminal offences .For example the total number of inmates in Nigerian prison is around 47 thousand.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by MOBBDEEP: 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
yuzedo:
But bro, u cannot not even spells "Surprise" correct. You ain't even gats punny or breastices so why you wanna pay me suprised visit in ma manshun? U gay bro? don't lie undecided Only Egba girl and any fiine babe like d poster can come and visit me in ma manshun, dont wear pant wink

shocked shocked
Aha! Yuzedo.
You don turn something else.

1 Like

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by slimyem: 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
Dr. Wise:

Why the glaring discrimination and favouritism in their posting?

E don tay way Naija dey look us home trained graduates like fools.
lol.
Na so e be o..
I remember some girl in camp sef during registration...she even took the advantage too far..
She saw everyone was lining up and strugging to get registered so the bozo went to meet one of the NYSC officials and said in one fake voice..."excuse me ma,is there a separate line for foreign students?"
the woman and every other corper around just hissed and cussed at her.we later found out she schooled in Gambia..
Hian!!

1 Like

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by ignis: 6:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
yuzedo: i schooling in Harvard University, London. My daddy is soooo rich so i don't think about problem in life or working because we have Rose Roys and swimming pull.
Help me thank God, thank you Amadioha. kiss
So swerry, wuz yo numba?? wink
Your english has just implicated you. Can you read what you just wrote?
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Egbagirl(f): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
dridowu: Afta ur nysc , pls cari ur load waka pls. D job 4 9ja neva reach 9ja graduate. Pls kindly go bak to where u come from. Shikena

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA Oga calm down na. lol
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Egbagirl(f): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
odum desmond: Why do foreign trained graduate stil come home to seek for job in an already choked up labour market? I think once you have studied somewhere, its better you settle down there and get a job than job and scramble for few positions that are available for children of the less fortunate Nigerians. Here in Nigeria you need more education to survive, you must have that Nigerianness, that streetwise, smart nature of Nigerian tough environment! Otherwise the local hustlers here know how to conspire and make life miserable for you guys in the work place. Please you guys should just remain there while the local trained graduate hustle here for few posts available. Or abi them deport una come Naija, lol.

But when we dont come home, people complain that those who studied abroad dont want to return etc. Now when we try to come back, una dey sack us. Wetin we go do?

1 Like

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
you wont understand , if i may ask can you withstand the crass corruption that stares you on your faces or the chronic poverty littering the whole place? living in Nigeria is not a joke.best advice after NYSC is to relocate to where you came from.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Pacemaker: 8:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
Jerri: Hello, this question is directed to all foreign trained graduates, who have come home for the National Youth Service,

Question: What decisions have you made for life after your service year, i.e., are you going back abroad or will you rather secure a job here in Nigeria? The reason why I'm asking is this, I'm finding it so difficult making my mind up on staying back and getting a job here though I'm fully aware of the global economy and job situation abroad and of course in Nigeria too. I completed my graduate studies before coming home for my service and have worked for several years with the retail and banking sector in Europe and N. America. I hold a dual citizenship (just in case you wonder what my options are). I just feel I will benefit from other opinions....shoot I feel my brain has been so fired lately!

Thanks for your time.....
The US economy is rebounding but at a slow pace. If you insist on been patriotic by serving your motherland, I would advise you come back to states and then apply to companies you know have branches in Nigeria and other African countries. That way you can work you transfer back to Nigeria, if employed. Oil career post jobs located in Nigeria often by companies based in Houston and Oklahoma. I have friends that made such moves as employees for Mobile, Chevron and SHELL. Listen to those that are based in Nigeria, it ain't easy as people may make you think. I have spent time in Nigeria and the only reasons that will warrant my relocating is if I become a consultant to a foreign company out there in business data architecture.

1 Like

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
slimyem: lol.
Na so e be o..
I remember some girl in camp sef during registration...she even took the advantage too far..
She saw everyone was lining up and strugging to get registered so the bozo went to meet one of the NYSC officials and said in one fake voice..."excuse me ma,is there a separate line for foreign students?"
the woman and every other corper around just hissed and cussed at her.we later found out she schooled in Gambia..
Hian!!

Imagine the gibberish! Even butterfly dey count itself like bird. Mtcheeew!
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by InvertedHammer: 9:35pm On Oct 30, 2012
[b]Considerations:
What are your long term goals?
Job security? Retirement benefits?

My advice: Go back to wherever you come from and build your nest. You can always go back to Nigeria anytime (after you retire).

Eg. Someone retired in USA with 70% of his income monthly receivable. Add 401k, social security, TSP,Roth IRA, Tra. IRA, etc. and the sum
receivable at the end of the month is about $7,000. (N1,100,000/month) for doing nothing. He went to Nigeria to start
a business. Good or bad...he can still live comfortably off of his retirement benefits. And this is under VA guide. Last time I saw him
in City Park, Abuja...he was just chilling. Good for him.

Can you say same of Nigeria? Even if you will be getting $2000 per month (N300,000/month)for the rest of your life, that is still a lot of cushion money to
relocate to Nigeria.

Think about it. Nigeria "may" offer a little bit of immediate gratification (which I doubt), but what is the outlook?
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by lordGrad: 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
Omo forget Naija o, ur parents know y dey left in d first place, Don't reverse d process. Sides dis place naija no sweet at all wit d boko harams, floods mass, corruption and Vic-O and Tonto Dike wan add their own
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by kpolli(m): 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
Jerri: Hello, this question is directed to all foreign trained graduates, who have come home for the National Youth Service,

Question: What decisions have you made for life after your service year, i.e., are you going back abroad or will you rather secure a job here in Nigeria? The reason why I'm asking is this, I'm finding it so difficult making my mind up on staying back and getting a job here though I'm fully aware of the global economy and job situation abroad and of course in Nigeria too. I completed my graduate studies before coming home for my service and have worked for several years with the retail and banking sector in Europe and N. America. I hold a dual citizenship (just in case you wonder what my options are). I just feel I will benefit from other opinions....shoot I feel my brain has been so fired lately!

Thanks for your time.....

Go and work where they would appreciate ur skill and improve u. . . . aka go back abroad
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
slimyem: lol.
Na so e be o..
Hian!!
As in the Gambia wey me & you know? The girl don kolo finish
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by avicky(f): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2012
yuzedo: i schooling in Harvard University, London. My daddy is soooo rich so i don't think about problem in life or working because we have Rose Roys and swimming pull.
So swerry, wuz yo numba?? wink
Lol! So we should jump into d lagoon because u've swimming pull Rolls roys ko, hummer ni.

tongue
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by dzak(m): 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
wel i think u ar sick up stirs i also av a dual nationality n dont even give a dem cumin back to d great nation n great peopls country,currupt citizens n leaders make me ashamed of me carryin d leter nationality as d green n fuckin white country,wel for no dought i wil get my spouse her to bear children dat wil never kw thr granees nationality.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Jerri(f): 11:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
A big thank you to everyone! Most of your replies made me laugh so much after such a difficult Tuesday smiley. I truly appreciate. I'm a little shy of few months to rounding up, so am 97% excited! Now, it was a hassle getting me to come do the service at all and I'm currently holding a cursade to encourage others to come get it done as we never know what tomorrow holds.

On a more serious note, it's not been a glorious experience being home for my service year as i sometimes completely feel laid back and kinda weary about policies and how things are done here but I realize that we are all different and I aso see a lot of opportunities in the Nigerian market. Thanks "Pacemaker", I will lean towards your advice and the wonderful ones I have received.

God knows - no more banking for me (in my opinion, #1 career to mess with the head if you are with a company that is trying so hard to be #1 and nothing else matters but bottomline). With that said and armed with all everyone has said, I feel more intune with reality and hope to provide updates in a couple of months if God willing.

Thanks once again smiley
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by IMMUNO1(m): 11:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
My dear, if the greater part of your growing up took place abroad, just rap up your service yr and go back....unless u need some little adventure.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Ufeolorun(m): 12:21am On Oct 31, 2012
If after few months in Nigeria you are still confused about leaving the country then there's something you see or feel/perceive that majority here cannot.
looking at the comments,you reasonably shouldn't be confused-its obvious Nigeria is no option.
The thing is :if you had asked whether you should serve or not, the majority answer would probably be "No!, dont do it"

When i see overwhelming negatives about Nigeria's outlook,one question keep hitting me "The South Africans ,Chinese, Arabs,Russians are piling billions into Nigeria's non oil sector,what do they see"
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Pacemaker: 4:16am On Oct 31, 2012
Jerri: A big thank you to everyone! Most of your replies made me laugh so much after such a difficult Tuesday smiley. I truly appreciate. I'm a little shy of few months to rounding up, so am 97% excited! Now, it was a hassle getting me to come do the service at all and I'm currently holding a cursade to encourage others to come get it done as we never know what tomorrow holds.
On a more serious note, it's not been a glorious experience being home for my service year as i sometimes completely feel laid back and kinda weary about policies and how things are done here but I
realize that we are all different and I aso see a lot of opportunities in the Nigerian market. Thanks "Pacemaker", I will lean towards your advice and the wonderful ones I have received.
God knows - no more banking for me (in my opinion, #1 career to mess with the head if you are with a company
that is trying so hard to be #1 and nothing else matters but bottomline). With that said and armed with all everyone has said, I feel more intune with reality and hope to provide updates in a couple of months if God willing.
Thanks once again smiley
What was your major, if I may ask? Some one raised a critical question, which were 401k ,pension....Are you willing to sacrifice those and suffer the consequence later on in life?I do believe you understand the cost of health care in states for non insured? Nigeria is a consumer market and that's why Chinese and Indians
flood the country with all kinds of consumer goods.
While you are in Nigeria, apply for companies like google, Microsoft, Cisco these companies may have good retirement benefit for their Nigeria based employees. I would like to do my NYSC just for the experience, also but.......
My aunt is 82 years old, she has been in the US for 25 baby sitting all her grand kids, ask her to move back
to Nigeria she will insult you. Check rigzone for foreign jobs also .
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Elebiju: 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
I just hate cheating pass anything ahan u were prviledge to study abroad while we struggled to gain admission here I even came out for testimony in my church we hustled to finish d school struggled to go for service u Wey u no pass thru this hardship come still dey plan to stay follow us drag d few available jobs,look we take God beg u just return to Cyprus ABI na Malaysia where u got ur certificate o ehen aye wa oni baje o
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Elebiju: 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2012
dzak: wel i think u ar sick up stirs i also av a dual nationality n dont even give a dem cumin back to d great nation n great peopls country,currupt citizens n leaders make me ashamed of me carryin d leter nationality as d green n fuckin white country,wel for no dought i wil get my spouse her to bear children dat wil never kw thr granees nationality.
u are a liar and a disgrace to ur peeps, imagine the eyesore u posted here I bet u have a dual nationality probably niger republic and togo cos I'm sure u are not a green blood,we are deep thinkers
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Evie007: 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
lordGrad: Omo forget Naija o, ur parents know y dey left in d first place, Don't reverse d process. Sides dis place naija no sweet at all wit d boko harams, floods mass, corruption and Vic-O and Tonto Dike wan add their own
@ Vic-O and Tonto Dike adding issues LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by specialguest(f): 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2012
yuzedo:

Yes. Queen Elizabent is my nebor. i know her horseband.

Sweerie, huh? Joke? I don't jokes wit morny o! My daddy is reach, very reach like his friend alaji dangote. i have iPad. so sweery, you married? Wuz yo numba? wink

Yuzedo you have succeeded in derailing this thread.. What kind of award do you want?
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by yuzedo: 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2012
specialguest:

Yuzedo you have succeeded in derailing this thread.. What kind of award do you want?

PUNNY AWARD!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Jerri(f): 11:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
Pacemaker:
What was your major, if I may ask? Some one raised a critical question, which were 401k ,pension....Are you willing to sacrifice those and suffer the consequence later on in life?I do believe you understand the cost of health care in states for non insured? Nigeria is a consumer market and that's why Chinese and Indians
flood the country with all kinds of consumer goods.
While you are in Nigeria, apply for companies like google, Microsoft, Cisco these companies may have good retirement benefit for their Nigeria based employees. I would like to do my NYSC just for the experience, also but.......
My g aunt is 82 years old, she has been in the US for 25 baby sitting all her grand kids, ask her to move back
to Nigeria she will insult you. Check rigzone for foreign jobs also .

Hey Pacemaker - My major - Business management and Finance (Undergrad), Strategic Marketing (Grad school). Yeah, a good point was raised about future savings plan; I already have a Roth IRA in place and quite ready to make annual contributions when necessary and when that time comes. Now, I'm also a savvy saver so I sort of have an outlook of a variable retirement plan. And God bless my soul! I completely forgot all about the most important! Health care....oops! These are the things I actually need at the moment to make the right decision and I sincerely thank you and "InvertedHammer" for redirecting my thought process.

Lol at your aunt, like the saying goes " what the old see standing, we can’t see sitting" or something along that line smiley, I will have to restrategize properly. But sincerely, 20yrs from now? I would love to be in Nigeria contributing my quota of some sort.....There’s so much to be done in this country, who do we leave it up to when we are the future leaders of tomorrow? Yes, a lot of people have been oppressed for speaking out the truth in the face of corruption but do we just fold our hands and say oh well, its Nigeria?

Many thanks for the website recommendation smiley
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
Elebiju: I just hate cheating pass anything ahan u were prviledge to study abroad while we struggled to gain admission here I even came out for testimony in my church we hustled to finish d school struggled to go for service u Wey u no pass thru this hardship come still dey plan to stay follow us drag d few available jobs,look we take God beg u just return to Cyprus ABI na Malaysia where u got ur certificate o ehen aye wa oni baje o
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by odumdesmond: 7:22am On Nov 01, 2012
Egba girl:

But when we dont come home, people complain that those who studied abroad dont want to return etc. Now when we try to come back, una dey sack us. Wetin we go do?
Don't mind the hypocritical disposition of Nigerian people and govt, the so called Nigerians in Diaspora are only respected if they remain where they are and making impact, immediately they now answer the call to return home, then the real reality will dawn on them, they are abandoned, frustrated by the system here which is skwed against making anything foreign in capable of working here, they have to abandon what they learnt and how to do it and join the Nigerian system. Most of them become frustrated afterwords and return back to their foregin base!!!
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by rossi49ja(m): 7:41am On Nov 03, 2012
[quote author=yuzedo]i schooling in Harvard University, London. My daddy is soooo rich so i don't think about problem in life or working because we have Rose Roys and swimming pull.
So swerry, wuz yo numba?? wink[/quote
dude, ur lies shld b accompanied wit correct spellings aiii. Itz rolls Royce and swimming pool.

*Modified: had this post before I got to know the Chief Troll Yuzedo.
Re: Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers by Nobody: 4:13am On May 12, 2013
@Jerri, well, i think staying back after NYSC is okay but definitely not for so long. I am a foreign graduate too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Respond To A Query By My Principal To Nysc? / NYSC Batch B1b Call-up Letter Is Out! / Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.