Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. (12084 Views)

24 Hours Before MKO Abiola's Death: Vanity Of Life! / Babangida Linked To Abacha's Assassination And Abiola's Death / OPC's Gani Adams, others, Comment On Money For Abiola's Death For SW Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by Maxymilliano(m): 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
Kofi Anan was only being diplomatic, there's more to Abiola's death than what he is saying. It was a conspiracy of sort, and he should have quoted extensively Thomas Pickering and Susan Rice testimonies on what ACTUALLY transpired.

3 Likes

Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by akigbemaru: 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2012
Kofi nana, na thunder go fire your nkobi mouth for now open up after 19 years!
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by takedat(m): 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
FreeGlobe:
I like it when nitwits like you are uncomfortable with the truth. You dont need age restrictions, you need common sense.
Eeya because I corrected the lies your parents told you, you chose to hang yourself. Rather than vent your frustration on me pls hold your parents culpable cos they are LIARS. Schizophrenic Kid

3 Likes

Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2012
".......And in other headlines in the news: the sun raises in the east and sets in the west; Michael Jackson can moonwalk; and ishi ewu is a finger-licking delicacy in Alaigbo!"

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by atuboweke(m): 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2012
AND STILL THE OFE MMANU PEOPLE ARE BUSY BEEFING THE IGBOS INSTEAD OF FACING THE NOTHERNER WHOM FOR AGES HAS BECOME THEIR A BOIL IN THEIR ASS.
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by nagoma(m): 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
What do you mean suspicious? Everybody knows that the guy was murdered , and El- Mustapha said his brethren received payment and gave permission. End of discussion.
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by ypzilanti: 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2012
FreeGlobe: He had only a Koran and Bible?

was this not the same fraud that sank a shipload of Bibles.

Kofi may be doing some embelishment to his memoir. How true was that?

Do you also believe that india won Nigeria 100-0 in football? what is wrong with these dumb people in Nigeria?

8 Likes

Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by regime: 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
campaign after election
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by ememonl(m): 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2012
Na now u know!!

Wonders shall never end!!!

See this video of a gruesome disection of a human being by

some Nigerian youths

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1GI_8CfnHo
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by SamAfrik(m): 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
Interesting article.Its not palatable to be a politicial prisoner o. I could imagine what people like Mandela went through.
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by kingingkinging: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2012
gerald28: During the election, the same Yorubas that northerners have bleeped so much will line up to vote them into power to keep fucking them. Is it not the same Abubakar that won the Bid for power plant in Lagos??

I think you should be wiser by now. If there is a tribe that has never given a damn about the North and the federal government, who believes in itself and its own ethnic leadership, it is Yoruba. In this current republic, there is no PDP governor in the South West, in 1999 there was none,in the Sixties it used to be AG, so dont just open your mouth to talk, always think twice before you mention Yoruba because we are not like you that can sell your siblings because of money.

5 Likes

Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by kingingkinging: 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
atuboweke: AND STILL THE OFE MMANU PEOPLE ARE BUSY BEEFING THE IGBOS INSTEAD OF FACING THE NOTHERNER WHOM FOR AGES HAS BECOME THEIR A BOIL IN THEIR ASS.

We dont have any issue with you Igbo people, it is your poor level of wit and understanding that is killing you. There is a saying that goes thus (a child is unwise and you dont want him to die, what else will kill him if not is ignorance).

From 1966, you have been wasting your generation by taking wrong steps first by the first coup, later by doing inciting things to the northerners, now by dishonouring the Sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo (GCFR,SAN).
If Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti, Osun, Kwara, Kogi yorubas now start a guerilla war against you, you will open your mouth in years to come that they are jealous, they dont like you, they marginalize you.

THEY HAVE TO TEACH YOUR ETHNIC GROUP ONE COURSE-PHILOSOPY, AND A TOPIC-LOGIC. THERE IS CAUSE-EFFECT ANALYSIS. Get it into you head.

9 Likes

Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by kennytidistar(m): 5:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
na Tinubu be the Judas that collected the bribe and betrayed Abiola!
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by ifeomabernard(f): 5:21pm On Oct 19, 2012
[/sub]is mr kofi just waking up[sub]
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2012
gerald28: During the election, the same Yorubas that northerners have bleeped so much will line up to vote them into power to keep fucking them. Is it not the same Abubakar that won the Bid for power plant in Lagos??

Actually you are wrong its the Igbos who keep voting their Hausa masters into power

In 2011 Most SW states Voted Jonathan against Buhari

In 2003. All SW states Voted OBJ against Buhari

1999 All SW states voted Olu Falae

In 1993 All SW states voted MKO Abiola while Igbos voted Bashir Tofa

in 1979 and 1983. All SW states voted Awolowo while Igbos voted Shagari

In 1960 SW backed Awolowo, While Igbos and Azikwe queued behind Balewa.

So get your history right

9 Likes

Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by balladin: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2012
Well, more facts to support my stand on Ikimi, a political THUG.
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by kjhova(m): 6:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
Mr. Anan's book is a must buy for me. Sadly, it hurts to see many "educated" youth chew each other up on Nairaland as a result of reading mere excerpts from such a good book. You do get the impression that "Aluu" is not a one off in our part of the world.

All said, a personalised junta like Abacha's will always be evil be it Yoruba, Efik, Igbo or Hausa.
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by oneeast: 7:13pm On Oct 19, 2012
It was the yorrobber leaders that took bribe and had to hand over Abioala and his wife to the ordinary almajiri to be slaughtered. Afterward Mustafa confirmed it that yorobbaer leaders took bribe from the hausas to have their leaders killed. What a shameless tribe..
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by size38: 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
To summarise it all, Abiola was killed by Abacha and Abubakar. Denying and isolating him is enough to kill him. Therefore, they are responsible.
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by lateef4me(m): 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
Abiola was used to balance the equation period !
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by ektbear: 8:44pm On Oct 19, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Abiola won Tofa(Northerner) in Tofa's state. How about that? You know, there are two sides to a coin.

#Youarewelcometotheclubofdivideandconquer,butyouneedtolearntobesubtle#

lol

well played

1 Like

Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by ektbear: 8:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
Nickydrake:

Both were made available to him, but there is nothing in Mr. Annan's narrative to suggest that he read either. grin

In any case, if i were thrown in jail under the same circumstances as Abiola was, i would read and meditate deeply on even the Kama Sutra, if it was the only available piece of print.

In the dank, dark and depressing depths of solitary confinement, almost any collection of written words would provide a compass by which one may safely follow the path of reason when lunacy presses in on every side.

Very well said. Solitary confinement can lead to boredom which can lead to insanity...reading any sort of book would be helpful.
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by ektbear: 8:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
Anyway, from this snippet, it probably isn't far off the mark to say that Abubakar has blood on his hands.
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by AndreUweh(m): 8:56pm On Oct 19, 2012
ekt_bear: Anyway, from this snippet, it probably isn't far off the mark to say that Abubakar has blood on his hands.
May be, but that was to move Nigeria forward IMO.
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 19, 2012
Once Upon a time... is a story!
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by baysol: 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2012
Nigerians can be capable of unbriddled despicable evil. The trend of things can be grievious in the future if care is not taken. This is indeed very sad times of our history.
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by Ijebulogic(m): 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
Some comments on this thread bother me. Sadly some of the negative posters were in nappies or not even born when the greatest injustice to democracy in Nigeria was committed.Forget about "the man" Abiola and focus on what the struggle of June 12 was all about. Tens of millions (Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba) voted one man in as their President. About 10 military men of the Armed Forces Ruling Council sipped fine cognac late into the night and said "Eff all those clowns that voted, that man wont be President" and that was it! Shikena! Nigerians came together with one voice (all tribes) and said we no go gree o!!! Nationwide riots....hundreds were maimed, killed, all universities shut down. The man Abiola stood his ground. declared that he would die for Nigeria and democracy. The AFRC offered him what they thought he loved the most - money..Billions! he said no. I am ready to die for those Nigerians that voted for me...and so he did. Now those Nigerians who MKO died for are giving members of that AFRC the highest national honours, some of the AFRC are winning Power plant licences, others are referred to as "elder statesmen".....Those Nigerians who MKO died for come on Nairaland and insult him based on "beer parlour gist". Its true what they say "Nigerians have the leaders that they deserve"

2 Likes

Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2012
^
Abiola was one of the biggestfraudd in the history of Nigeria (even though we shouldnt be speaking ill of the dead.) Go and listen to fela's international thief thief. Dont come here acting like he's a saint. I never wished or voted him as my president.

1 Like

Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by takedat(m): 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
FreeGlobe: ^
Abiola was one of the biggestfraudd in the history of Nigeria (even though we shouldnt be speaking ill of the dead.) Go and listen to fela's international thief thief. Dont come here acting like he's a saint. I never wished or voted him as my president.
Liar don't bobo us with your foul mouth that you didn't vote for him cos you were still a kid then. Each man has his little failings in life and Abiola was no exemption. Fela himself was no saint.
You claimed earlier that Abiola sank a ship load of Bible but any grown up then knows that Churches and Mosques both benefited from his largesse and he gave out a lot of scholarships across all divide in Nigeria. Abiola dead or alive will always be more prominent. Than anyone in your family.
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by Ijebulogic(m): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
FreeGlobe: ^

I'm familiar with the Fela's song but sir, You dont understand my point. Its not about Abiola, its not about Abiola,,its not about Abiola (for emphasis). Its about the milions that had their civil rights abused by khaki boys. Whether you Like MKO or not- No Nigerian or international observer ever said the election was rigged. the UN observers said it was the most free and fair election ever monitored in Nigeria. It was a slap in the face to all Nigerians...a dirty slap.

2 Likes

Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by antontech(m): 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
I was young but i knew there was a foul play.Now they are giving him our power generation contract.mchweeee
Re: Kofi Annan - Abiola's Death Was Suspicious. by AB10(m): 11:52pm On Oct 19, 2012
Stories that should touch, as for me, Nigeria has no heroes! Simples!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Court Granted Agbele N50m Bail; Fined EFCC N5m / Nigerians On Twitter Trend #StopTheNGOBill And Here's Why / Steal Government Money and Die -  Justice Must Prevail Party Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.