Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS (3444 Views)

Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss / For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians / Why Pator Chris Okotie Divorced His Wife Stephanie Henshaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by MrAnony1(m): 8:20am On Oct 20, 2012
Boomark:

So to prevent the bolded from happening, you felt the best thing to do is to bring Them together and give Them equal power abi co-equality? Even though it is found no where in the scriptures.

We are all here to learn. Whether He pre-existed or not. The truth will be known.
I really don't know what you are on about in the first sentence because that's not what I was on about but I'll ask you this: Did Jesus Pre-exist before He was born to Mary? You can answer "Yes", "No" or "I don't know"
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by truthislight: 10:02am On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

i dont know what you have to hide if any,

quoting your write up is not revealing the post.

Rev 13:8 and GENESIS 3:15

However, your two ^^^ quoted scriptures are one and the same, refering to each other.

One was when the prophesy was made about what christ will come and do in the future and the Rev. is a reference to when the decission was made.
since whatever Yahweh says must always come to pass, Isaiah 55:10,11, it then means that the statement in GENESIS 3:15 was as good as done. (bruising the head of the serpent and serpent bruising him in the "heel" = temporary (wound/death) )

the Rev. Refers to that decission.

and that in no way is pointings to the fact that the person to which that prophesy was made to was not alive in heaven.

The bible talked about a time that silence broke out in heaven when the question was ask, "who will go for us"

you have to try and seperat a prophesy and an actual statement.

There are so many statement in the bible that shows that christ had existed befor coming to the earth.

Not even when you go against the words of Jesus.

However, it is good to know where the reasons for your stance came from.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2012
Thinking loud* why is he avoiding it?*
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=Mr_Anony]

Wow frosbel, you amaze me. There is a rule of thumb which I normally use when interpreting scriptures and it is this: "If the literal sense makes sense, seek no other sense".

Have you heard of the word consistency ?

When you start with your own preconcieved notion of what the bible ought to be, you will force your own interpretations into scripture and trust me you will find scripture that seems to validate your bias. The question here is: At what price?

You are accusing me of exactly what the pro-Trinitarian biased , especially KJV interpreters of scripture resorted to , adding to the word of GOD to make their non-biblical doctrine line up with their numerous false doctrines.

When I read the bible, I know prophecy when I see it and I know literal speech when I see it. The problem here is that you have started with the premise that Christ did not pre-exist before being born by Mary. It will now make no sense to you when all the verses of scripture are referred to where Christ talks about coming from above and being with the Father, sharing glory with Him, learning from Him, knowing that the father prepares a place for us e.t.c. even the whole notion of the Word becoming flesh falls apart once you deny Christ's pre-existence. This is the price you will have to pay.

The problem with you and your team is that you almost arrogantly and even rudely deride anyone who differs from your opinions. You are not the authority of scripture, the holy spirit is, Jesus through this anointing teaches all his children the true words of GOD.

When we say Jesus pre-existed we have to clearly and in a detailed fashion analyse the facts and see if they add up.

Mind you I only just abandoned the Trinity doctrine a month and half ago , the eternal torment few months ago and now in my quest to find the TRUTH ,the true nature of JESUS is of utmost importance to me.

Now let us break this down.

According to you , Jesus Christ existed as a second person of a Trinity from time immemorial and even though he was and is co-equal with the father , he was in second position to the father while the Holy Spirit was third.

And then you will like us to think that a conversation erupted between the 3 gods and Father God decided to send the second person of the trinity to redeem mankind.

And so a plan was hatched for this to happen at a specific time in the future bypassing all the prophecies where God clearly stated that the messiah will come from the seed of Israel , from the royal line of David and will be a true born child by a virgin as Isaiah prophesied.

When the time came , here is your logic :

1. The Spirit of GOD overshadowed Mary and she conceived.
2. The second person of the Trinity then entered the womb of Mary
3. Mary gave birth to this GOD SON
4. God the Father called the baby my begotten SON even though it was the third person of the Trinity who made Mary conceive
5. Then GOD the SON had to relearn all that he had known since the universe was created.
6. He needed the anointing of GOD to perform miracles and wonders
7. As a man he suddenly forgot all he knew from eternity and had to rely on GOD the father for information
8. And then all madness broke loose, GOD the SON suddenly went against his own word
9. he was tempted
10. he died
11. and then GOD raised up GOD from the dead.

Let me explain my narrative :

1. Father GOD was grieved by the sin of MAN
2. He made a plan to send another MAN to undo the curse of sin and death brought in by the first Adam
3. This last adam will be a true son of the soil , a prophet from among his brethren
4. He will follow a royal line starting from David on whose throne his kingdom will be established forever
5. This last Adam will not have the DNA of the first ADAM , he will have GOD's own DNA from a father perspective
6. This last Adam will depend on GOD 100% and empty himself to please the father in every way
7. The Spirit of GOD overshadowed Mary and fertilised one of her eggs with his incorruptible seed , his WORD.
8. She gives birth to the Son of GOD and also Son of MAN
9. He learns the scriptures from his childhood and is taught by the holy spirit, by age 12 he is a professor
10. He is anointed of GOD for his work
11. He is tempted
12. He dies
13. His Father , the one and only true God raises him from the dead
14. And there you have it, the first man to defeat SIN and death and has opened up a way for all men to follow in his footsteps

Which one sounds more rationale to a normal person ?

In another thread, I was trying to draw you back to the person of Christ and who He is but you ran away.

Ran away , keep flattering yourself.

You have started along this line of "anti-trinity" the consequence is that Jesus Christ will become smaller and smaller and God the Father will become further and further away while the Holy Ghost will become progressively more abstract. Eventually God becomes so strange to you that you will deny Him.

Read my article on clearing the air about Jesus.

I can relate more to JESUS now because he was a MAN like me albeit born with the incorruptible WORD of GOD , he was tempted in all areas like I am and he defeated these temptations by the power of the spirit , and his total reliance on God in obedience for his success.

This means that as a MAN , if I were to replicate Jesus's way of life and doctrine in my fleshly body , I can achieve the same feats as him, not because he was 1/2 God and 1/2 MAN but because he was a MAN.

God has highly exalted him above all powers and authorities in heaven and on earth and he has a more excellent name than anyone excpet God his Father.

Your veiled threats will not work with me, away with your 3-headed trinity.

You may not know it now but that is where you are headed. Mark my words: That is the price you will eventually pay if you do not repent. I am not interested in winning an argument with you, I am only interested in drawing you back to Him.

The price I am paying and will continue to pay for exposing the lies of the harlot church is blessings and more importantly growth in the knowledge of GOD and in my walk with him.

My advice to you is :
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 20, 2012
Image123:
why won't you have a hard day? it is hard for anyone to kick against the pr. icks.

some of us have real jobs that make us work hard , we do not rely on tithes and offerings to survive you see grin
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 20, 2012
Boomark:

So to prevent the bolded from happening, you felt the best thing to do is to bring Them together and give Them equal power abi co-equality? Even though it is found no where in the scriptures.

We are all here to learn. Whether He pre-existed or not. The truth will be known.

The 3-god people cannot leave Jesus to be who he claimed he was and is, the Son of GOD, they keep adding to the word of GOD till suddenly we can no more relate to JESUS as a MAN even though this was the purpose of Father Jehovah.

The devil wants Jesus to appear like a Yahweh himself and suddenly we can make excuse for our sin, because after all Jesus was GOD, SMH.

Which is why we have this false doctrine called once saved always saved, it concludes that we are incapable of victory as MEN.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by MrAnony1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]
My friend frosbel, you are still rationalizing stuff while dodging the question: According to John 1, Is Jesus the same as the Word or is Jesus a creation of it?

I will keep reminding you of this question until you get it. I really am not interested in dragging out a "trinity war" all I want is for you to know Christ. Until you know the person of Christ, Christianity will continue to elude you.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
My friend frosbel, you are still rationalizing stuff while dodging the question: According to John 1, Is Jesus the same as the Word or is Jesus a creation of it?

I will keep reminding you of this question until you get it. I really am not interested in dragging out a "trinity war" all I want is for you to know Christ. Until you know the person of Christ, Christianity will continue to elude you.

Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD , if this is not enough for you , you are beyond any help.

Jesus Christ is the Messiah and the Christ.

Try not to make me fit into your 3-god fantasy !
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by cyrexx: 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2012
@ Frosbel, Ijawkid and Truthislight,

Pls, i will very much like your input on this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/1079884/wrath-god-discussion-hell-strictly

thanxx
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by cyrexx: 1:14pm On Oct 20, 2012
Oops.... Double post
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2012
cyrexx: Oops.... Double post

We are waiting for Anony to initiate the discussion , first of all we will confirm the bible versions to be used .
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Image123(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2012
John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
Image123: John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Yes Abraham rejoiced to see the day that the Messiah will come and restore the kingdom to Israel.

"and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me." - Genesis 22:18

That offspring is JESUS and through him all the nations on earth are blessed.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Image123(m): 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2012
frosbel:

some of us have real jobs that make us work hard , we do not rely on tithes and offerings to survive you see grin
you have referred to me and others as sick and deluded, and you are here playing injured? i tell you what you learnt deeply in the past months, hypocrisy.
It takes humility to stand a chance to understand the unity of the diversity in the Trinity.

*Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

*Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever:

*Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

*Gen 18:1 Yahweh appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day.
Gen 18:2 He lifted up his eyes and looked, and saw that three men stood opposite him. When he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself to the earth,
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Image123(m): 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2012
frosbel:

Yes Abraham rejoiced to see the day that the Messiah will come and restore the kingdom to Israel.

"and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me." - Genesis 22:18

That offspring is JESUS and through him all the nations on earth are blessed.
Your post would make sense if the verse read,
John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and was glad.
Thank God, it reads instead
John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
i've continued to say that you need revelation.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=Image123]
you have referred to me and others as sick and deluded, and you are here playing injured? i tell you what you learnt deeply in the past months, hypocrisy.
It takes humility to stand a chance to understand the unity of the diversity in the Trinity.

I think it was the Trinity doctrine I called deluded, but if this was directed at you personally accept my apologies, not that I think you will ever apologise for the insults you have rained down on me together with your Trinitarian friends. In fact words like i.diot , fool etc have been thrown around by Trinitarians, so much for having the spirit of Christ.

Again GOD is ONE , I want no part of a 3-headed Trinity , ONE GOD is enough for me and yes I love his SON Jesus and especially for the great sacrifice he made for my soul.

*Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

and according to Mr. Image123 US = 3 , lol.

This US is the plurality of God's majesty in consultation with the heavenly host.

Do you not know that God always consults those he loves before he takes certain action, not that he needs their permission.

For example :
Then the LORD said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? - Genesis 18:17

v27 then explicitly confirms that it was GOD who made MAN.

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

*Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever:

and of course US referred to GOD and his creation in the form of the heavenly host , no ?

Or does this US = 3 as if no one else existed ?

*Gen 11:7 [color=#990000]Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

same as above

*Gen 18:1 Yahweh appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day.

In the form of an angel

Gen 18:2 He lifted up his eyes and looked, and saw that three men stood opposite him. When he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself to the earth,

angel messengers from GOD acting on his behalf.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by truthislight: 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:

i dont think that mr Frosbel has ever denied the deity of Jesus christ.

The son of a king is a prince = royalty.

What i think he has ever said here that is in divergence is his origine. QED.

Bringing the statement bout him believing that Jesus is God(mighty God but not almighty God) is not necessary.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 20, 2012
Image123:
Your post would make sense if the verse read,
John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and was glad.
Thank God, it reads instead
i've continued to say that you need revelation.

so Abraham saw the day of JESUS before he was Born , lol.

I can't help you anymore.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by MrAnony1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
frosbel:

Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD , if this is not enough for you , you are beyond any help.

Jesus Christ is the Messiah and the Christ.

Try not to make me fit into your 3-god fantasy !
Lol the same classic evasion techniques.

John 1 talks about the Word. Question was is this Word Jesus Christ? Yes or no. If no, Who then is this Word?

You can keep dancing around it if you like
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol the same classic evasion techniques.

John 1 talks about the Word. Question was is this Word Jesus Christ? Yes or no. If no, Who then is this Word?

You can keep dancing around it if you like

Ha.

I was waiting for your update , btw you have not started your other discussion, lol.

The WORD was not JESUS , the word was the WORD of GOD , and this WORD was made FLESH in the person of JESUS the Glory of GOD.

V14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

also if you carefully examine this scripture , it did not say , the glory of the one and only GOD who came from the Father, John wants us to make no mistake about the message he was trying to convey , to reiterate so that you might get it , he used the phrase the one and only Son who came from the Father not the one and only second person of a Trinity , no ?

Otherwise we would expect John to write , in the beginning was the SON or better still , in the beginning was JESUS.

God's WORD , the embodiment of all his intent , purposes and plans throughout the ages as prophesied from Genesis to Malachi , was manifested in this SON Christ who came into being when conceived by Mary after the implantation of the incorruptible seed of GOD into her womb.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Image123(m): 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2012
@frosb
I think it was the Trinity doctrine I called deluded, but if this was directed at you personally accept my apologies, not that I think you will ever apologise for the insults you have rained down on me together with your Trinitarian friends. In fact words like i.diot , fool etc have been thrown around by Trinitarians, so much for having the spirit of Christ.
Can you attempt to prove this false accusation? Why are you accusing me falsely like a pharisee? Are you a pharisee?

Again GOD is ONE , I want no part of a 3-headed Trinity , ONE GOD is enough for me and yes I love his SON Jesus and especially for the great sacrifice he made for my soul.
me too, don't you think?

and according to Mr. Image123 US = 3 , lol.

This US is the plurality of God's majesty in consultation with the heavenly host.
grin you are funny. US indicates more than 1, hence a strong support for more than 1, in this case 3, when all scripture is brought into the picture. The heavenly host indeed. can you give any concrete proof of God consulting this 'heavenly host', while i give proofS of the Trinity's consultations?
John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
Any bells? i doubt. Don't us know that it is "let US" that led to your "by whom"? Oh no, not until you see it in some of your new websites and thinkers.

angel messengers from GOD acting on his behalf.
and this conclusion is based on your fancy iguess. The Bible plainly stated and i quoted that it was God that appeared to him. Angels went to Lot, God came to Abraham, get your facts right instead f depending on expired bible knowledge from my book of Bible stories.
See it here,
1. Gen 18:1 And Jehovah appeared unto him by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
Gen 18:2 and he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood over against him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself to the earth,
Gen 18:3 and said, My lord, if now I have found favor in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

You compare to Lot's account of

Gen 19:1 And the two angels came to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot saw them, and rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face to the earth;
Gen 19:2 and he said, Behold now, my lords, turn aside, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your way. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
My Lord is not my lords.

2. Gen 18:9 And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.
Gen 18:10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee when the season cometh round; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard in the tent door, which was behind him.

Again i say, it takes humility to see the unity in the diversity and plurality of the Trinity. Abraham rejoiced to see Hid day, and He saw it(ithink actually twice, but dat one na another topic).

3. Gen 18:16 And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way.
Gen 18:17 And Jehovah said, Shall I hide from Abraham that which I do;

4. Gen 18:22 And the men turned from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before Jehovah.
Gen 18:33 And Jehovah went his way, as soon as he had left off communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.
The Bible clearly, and not once says it was Jehovah God, frosb says no, it must be angels. Well, the bible says it, i believe it, and that settles it for me.

so Abraham saw the day of JESUS before he was Born , lol.

I can't help you anymore.
Ah ah, you don't believe the words of Jesus? well anony just prophesied your path, hmmm. I don't and never need/needed your help. God is my Helper.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by MrAnony1(m): 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2012
frosbel:

Ha.

I was waiting for your update , btw you have not started your other discussion, lol.

The WORD was not JESUS , the word was the WORD of GOD , and this WORD was made FLESH in the person of JESUS the Glory of GOD.

V14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

also if you carefully examine this scripture , it did not say , the glory of the one and only GOD who came from the Father, John wants us to make no mistake about the message he was trying to convey , to reiterate so that you might get it , he used the phrase the one and only Son who came from the Father not the one and only second person of a Trinity , no ?

Otherwise we would expect John to write , in the beginning was the SON or better still , in the beginning was JESUS.

God's WORD , the embodiment of all his intent , purposes and plans throughout the ages as prophesied from Genesis to Malachi , was manifested in this SON Christ who came into being when conceived by Mary after the implantation of the incorruptible seed of GOD into her womb.

Good, at least we are beginning to get somewhere. I believe you agree that the Word is God and is eternal. I would like you to note from verse 2 that the word is clearly referred to as a being.

He was with God in the beginning. NIV

And it goes on to describe the Word as a person upto the point that the Word becomes flesh and beyond. This would tell you that this Person (the Word) only took upon Himself a human form. If you want to claim figurative speech: that the Word here is not referring to a being, then please be sure to claim it all the way through the whole of the chapter.

This tallies with Phil 2:5-11 (NIV)

5In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!
9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

I have posted it in full so that you won't accuse me of quoting it out of context.

Jesus is introduced here as being of the same nature as God but choosing not to use His God-priviledges, He humbles Himself into human form. God the Father now exalts Him.

I am not even going to refer to "trinity here but I'll rather refer to Christ existing before He took on a human form.

Apart from these two places, there are numerous places where Jesus makes it clear that He came down from Heaven and will go back to the father.

One very clear example is in John 3:11-13 NIV:

11Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.
12I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

Note the words Jesus uses "what we know and what we have seen", "gone into heaven" "came from heaven"

You are yet to show us on this thread one concrete scriptural proof that makes it categorically clear that Jesus DID NOT pre-exist before birth. All I see you have done so far is resist every suggestion that He pre-existed by seeking out an alternate meaning to it.
I really hope you are as open-minded as you are claiming.

I want you to really think about this instead of seeking secondary meanings to scripture. Think carefully: did Jesus Christ pre-exist? who or what did He pre-exist as?
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=Mr_Anony]

Good, at least we are beginning to get somewhere. I believe you agree that the Word is God and is eternal. I would like you to note from verse 2 that the word is clearly referred to as a being.

of course the WORD of GOD is eternal , but the WORD of GOD as defined in John 1:1 is what is says , his WORD.

And this WORD was made flesh or fulfilled in the Person of Christ Jesus.

He was with God in the beginning. NIV

It was with GOD in the beginning.

And it goes on to describe the Word as a person upto the point that the Word becomes flesh and beyond

No.

It describes the WORD as the WORD until it concludes with 'this WORD was made flesh'.

This would tell you that this Person (the Word) only took upon Himself a human form.

Wrong, the bible does not say this was a literal person, it says this WORD was manifested into a Person and this is the glory of the Son of GOD.

If John wanted to say this was JESUS he could have quite easily said it without any qualms.

If you want to claim figurative speech: that the Word here is not referring to a being, then please be sure to claim it all the way through the whole of the chapter.

You do not tell me how to interpret the bible sir, I follow the leading of my spirit as it comprehends and understands the word of God , to the measure that God accords to me his wisdom.

This tallies with Phil 2:5-11 (NIV)

5In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!
9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

1. To be in the nature of something, does not make you that thing.
For example man was made in the image of GOD and we could well conclude that we are GOD considering your logic.

Jesus Christ was also divinely birthed into existence by the incorruptible seed of the Spirit of the Father, so by this miraculous virgin birth, he was in the nature of GOD.

2. When he found himself as the Son of the living GOD , he did not arrogate to himself all the privileges of royal status , he instead emptied himself of all pride, selfishness , selfish ambition and took on the form of a servant and humbled himself unto death.

3. And for his GOD has highly exalted him ( I hope you know GOD cannot exalt himself he can only exalt someone in a subordinate position.

Apart from these two places, there are numerous places where Jesus makes it clear that He came down from Heaven and will go back to the father.

He came down from Heaven no doubt, or what do you think ?

His origin was from Heaven, he was conceived supernaturally by the incorruptible seed of GOD which came down from heaven with the power of God's spirit which we all know overshadowed Mary.

"The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God." - Luke 1:35

One very clear example is in John 3:11-13 NIV:

11Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.
12I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

as above

You are yet to show us on this thread one concrete scriptural proof that makes it categorically clear that Jesus DID NOT pre-exist before birth. All I see you have done so far is resist every suggestion that He pre-existed by seeking out an alternate meaning to it.

I can also say likewise.

I have no evidence that he pre-existed , so I cannot base a truth on ambiguous interpretations.

You were asked along with your cohorts , what he existed as if he did pre-exist, this was about 2 weeks ago, to date not one response.

You may want to respond on their behalf and I may be obliged to explain my position further.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2012
Image123: @frosb

Can you attempt to prove this false accusation? Why are you accusing me falsely like a pharisee? Are you a pharisee?

Ah ah, you don't believe the words of Jesus? well anony just prophesied your path, hmmm. I don't and never need/needed your help. God is my Helper.

The usual rambling with no coherency or possibility of comprehension.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Image123(m): 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
frosbel:

The usual rambling with no coherency or possibility of comprehension.
hear frosb trying to win d argument. Jesus words na ramble at your convenience. well I'm done on the issue. i leave you with John
1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by aletheia(m): 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2012
frosbel: of course the WORD of GOD is eternal , but the WORD of GOD as defined in John 1:1 is what is says , his WORD.

And this WORD was made flesh or fulfilled in the Person of Christ Jesus.
The Word in John 1:1 is not just His Word. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Do you think the underlined words will go away, just because you pretend they are not recorded.

Just go back to cutting-and-pasting. At least you were more coherent then. Now, you present a confused and incoherent hodge-podge of contradictions as in the post referenced here. It was so painfully obvious how you squirmed and turned just to avoid bringing into consideration these words: the Word was God.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Boomark(m): 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
John 8:56 Your father Abraham
rejoiced to see my day: and he
saw it, and was glad.
Ah ah, you don't believe the
words of Jesus? well anony just
prophesied your path, hmmm. I
don't and never need/needed
your help. God is my Helper.

@image123

What was it that Abraham saw?
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by MrAnony1(m): 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2012
frosbel: It was with GOD in the beginning.
Liar! frosbel please go and open your NIV and RSV bibles and look at John1:2 closely. Tell me if the Word is an "it" or a "He". Stop lying.

1 Like

Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=aletheia]
The Word in John 1:1 is not just His Word. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Do you think the underlined words will go away, just because you pretend they are not recorded.

In the beginning was the WORD, I am sure John knew what Son or Jesus meant.

Just go back to cutting-and-pasting.

Is this the straw man argument you keep bringing to debates out of frustration.

At least you were more coherent then. Now, you present a confused and incoherent hodge-podge of contradictions as in the post referenced here. It was so painfully obvious how you squirmed and turned just to avoid bringing into consideration these words: the Word was God.

Need I repeat myself, you know exactly what I meant, you are just one bundle of dishonesty.

My only Joy is that the Trinity delusion you so religiously cling to has been exposed for what it is , a doctrine of demons, a farce, a lie from hell, an obstacle to the salvation of millions and an utter blasphemy.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by oiseworld: 10:23am On Oct 22, 2012
@frosbel, from your write ups, since Jesus grew up as a child and he learnt the scripture like every other person and became a proffesor at the age of 12.

*At what point did Jesus know he was conceived by the Holy Spirit ?
*when did he know he was the messiah and was going to die? Was it thru his day to day study of the scriptures......

You can't just conclude christ came to existence in the womb of mary and he knew and understood his mission of reconciliation completely. He new things that was, is and is to come. Maybe God just downloaded stuffs into his head like that.

Check anbe sure.

Ask the spirit again.
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 22, 2012
oiseworld: @frosbel, from your write ups, since Jesus grew up as a child and he learnt the scripture like every other person and became a proffesor at the age of 12.

*At what point did Jesus know he was conceived by the Holy Spirit ?
*when did he know he was the messiah and was going to die? Was it thru his day to day study of the scriptures......

You can't just conclude christ came to existence in the womb of mary and he knew and understood his mission of reconciliation completely. He new things that was, is and is to come. Maybe God just downloaded stuffs into his head like that.

Check anbe sure.

Ask the spirit again.

"and there was given to him the book of the prophet Isaiah. He opened the book and found the place where it was written, 18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, 19 to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord." 20 And he closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant, and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21 And he began to say to them, "Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing." - Luke 4:17-21
Re: Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS by Image123(m): 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2012
Heb 1:1 God who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

If God made the worlds by the Son, was it after Jesus was born by Mary? Why on earth will a christian argue like this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Reappraisal Of The Bible / Can God Create Another 'god More Powerful Than Himself / I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.