Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,752 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Revelation Chapter 7 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Revelation Chapter 7 (1424 Views)

Revelation Chapter 12, Verse 1-6 Need Explanation Pls! / DEMYSTIFICATION OF REVELATION CHAPTER 12 / Tithing Ended And Abolished In The N.T - An Exposition On Hebrews Chapter 7. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revelation Chapter 7 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
This chapter chronicles the end of days on earth.Can't post it here cos of a poor phone im using.My question is the 144000 from the 12 tribes of israel who are sealed with God's mark, they pass thru the tribulation period but are untouched. Will the rest of us be in heaven by then? Verses 9 to 15 talk about the rest of the world who are uncountable in number and are now in heaven serving God in his temple where angels are but passed through great tribulation .
Re: Revelation Chapter 7 by Joagbaje(m): 3:28am On Oct 21, 2012
Revelation 7:4
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 7:9-10
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

The 144,000 is not the number of people to be saved throughout the earth , They are only to be sealed from the 12 tribes of Israel during the tribulation. The church would have been raptured to heaven before this time.

1 Like

Re: Revelation Chapter 7 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
Thks. Can anyone summarize their understanding of revelation chpt 12-20? Pls i beg u , i dont know if the harlot being referred to is america...
Re: Revelation Chapter 7 by Freksy(m): 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
Joagbaje: Revelation 7:4
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 7:9-10
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

The 144,000 is not the number of people to be saved throughout the earth , They are only to be sealed from the 12 tribes of Israel during the tribulation. The church would have been raptured to heaven before this time.

And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
-Revelation 7:14 (NKJV)

The great multitude envisioned by apostle John are those who will survive(come out of) the great tribulation. They will not be "raptured" before the great tribulation, but will experience and survive it. You cannot come out of something you have not experienced. The truth is many will perish and many will come out of (survive) it. Are you afraid?
Re: Revelation Chapter 7 by Freksy(m): 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
jacobscros: This chapter chronicles the end of days on earth.Can't post it here cos of a poor phone im using.My question is the 144000 from the 12 tribes of israel who are sealed with God's mark, they pass thru the tribulation period but are untouched. Will the rest of us be in heaven by then? Verses 9 to 15 talk about the rest of the world who are uncountable in number and are now in heaven serving God in his temple where angels are but passed through great tribulation .

Who are these 12 tribes of Isreal? The Isreal of old or the present? Which?
Re: Revelation Chapter 7 by pastormustwacc: 8:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
jacobscros: Thks. Can anyone summarize their understanding of revelation chpt 12-20? Pls i beg u , i dont know if the harlot being referred to is america...
The harlot might be nicki minaj (lady gaga), just saying. . .
Re: Revelation Chapter 7 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
pastormustwacc:
The harlot might be nicki minaj (lady gaga), just saying. . .
hahahahaha
Re: Revelation Chapter 7 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
Freksy:

Who are these 12 tribes of Isreal? The Isreal of old or the present? Which?
the present
Re: Revelation Chapter 7 by Joagbaje(m): 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
Freksy:

And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
-Revelation 7:14 (NKJV)

The great multitude envisioned by apostle John are those who will survive(come out of) the great tribulation. They will not be "raptured" before the great tribulation, but will experience and survive it. You cannot come out of something you have not experienced. The truth is many will perish and many will come out of (survive) it. Are you afraid?

I don't really get your point. Of course people will get saved during the tribulation. There will be preaching during tribulation. The bible even talk about the 2 witnesses who will preach in the middle east. There will be several raptures in the tribulation.

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life Vs Living Faith Church ( Winners)--kumuyi Vs Oyedepo / Funny Names Of Churches You Have Seen ;D / TB Joshua,adeboye,oyedepo And Co,who Amongst Them Is The Most Anointed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.