Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) (1284 Views)

Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / Great Bible Contradictions / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by nextpart(m): 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2012
Shakir 4:82- ''Do they not then meditate on the Quran? And if it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy'''

The above states that the Quran is from God otherwise there would have been discrepancies, i.e. inconsistencies found in it. This is very true as God cannot make mistakes. This is the pride of all muslims and the reason they prefer the Quran to the Bible.

But it again means if there are discrepancies, it is not from all-knowing God, the true God. But here are discrepancies found in the Quran:

Shakir 23:14 - ''Then We made the seed a clot, then We made the clot a lump of flesh, then We made (in) the lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, then We caused it to grow into another creation, so blessed be Allah, the best of the creators''.

The above is talking about the creation of a being with flesh and bones and it ended up with ''so blessed be Allah, the best of the creators''. This means there are many creators but Allah is the best of them. One wonders who the other creators were but the below explains it.

Shakir 37:125 - ''What! do you call upon Ba'l and forsake the best of the creators?''

Here again it says Allah is the best of many creators of which Ba'l (an idol) is one but Allah is the best.

Questions:

(1) Who is this Allah that was competing with other gods in creation?

(2) What beings (with flesh and bones) did the other creators (gods) create?

Shakir 39:62 - ''Allah is the Creator of every thing and He has charge over every thing''

This passage says Allah is the Creator of every thing, i.e nothing left created by any other creators. This no doubt is a very sharp contradiction with the existence of the many creators of which Allah is the best (as in 23:14 and 37:125

In defence (if any) the issue raised should be addressed and not irrelevant story capable of causing deviation.
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by Sweetnecta: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2012

(1) Who is this Allah that was competing with other gods in creation?
Allah is not competing with any, because in reality there was/is any but He alone as Creator. However, the pagans used to call what they made with their own hands [gods] their creators. Even you christians say Jesus creates you when you say everything was created through, for him, while you deny that he is a human being [son of man], you say he is greater than prophet [man approved by God among you [showing that he is a man but approved man over them]], you say he is God [your Lord is my Lord and He is One God]. Pagans, idolaters and Trinitarians create creators for themselves. Allah just simply tells you that your created creators are not themselves The Creator, but He is The Creator.

(2) What beings (with flesh and bones) did the other creators (gods) create?
nothing in reality, except the disbelievers say this lies from their own claims for their created creator[s]. take your case as a christian saying Jesus is your Lord/Creator. Allah simply tells you as He tells the other disbelievers that your creators are what you made with your own desire for them. He Allah is your Creator, the Creator of your fake creators.

Shakir 39:62 - ''Allah is the Creator of every thing and He has charge over every thing''

This passage says Allah is the Creator of every thing, i.e nothing left created by any other creators. This no doubt is a very sharp contradiction with the existence of the many creators of which Allah is the best (as in 23:14 and 37:125

In defence (if any) the issue raised should be addressed and not irrelevant story capable of causing deviation.
Allah says I Am your Creator and what you create. For example a maker of automobile may say he created it. Allah says He is the Creator of both; you will accept that God created man, the car manufacture who says he is the creator of the car. Allah being the Creator of the car "created" by the manufacture includes that all the knowledge and materials used to create the car by the manufacturer is from Allah. Jesus statement that "i can of my own power do nothing" explains this. Jesus was a believer by that statement, while those who say they are creators and those who agree or call them creators are disbelievers by that statement.
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by hadbak: 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
Pretty lame! First d name of d surat dat talked about ba'l is AS-saffat 37:125 not shakir. 4:82 is An-Nisa ,23:14 is Al-muminun and 39:62 is Az-zumar. Indeed d glorious Quran has no contradictions. During pre-islam era d arabs are known to b worshipers of idols as dia gods(360 in nmber), same days in a year, thus each day has its god. dey worship n blieve d gods created dem n every thing around dem. when islam came to bein dis verse amonge odas was revealed to let dem know ONLY Allah is worthy of worship n d best of all creators cus He is d only God dat givs n takes life..just like u xtians say dat God is "king of KingS" dat means He supecedes all kings(idols/god)..
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by nextpart(m): 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2012
Sweetnecta

Allah recorgnized the pagan gods as creators but His own is the best and that was why He called them creators. No twisting.

If in reality pagan gods did not create anything in Islam, why did Allah recognize them as creators? Are you saying Allah is not realistic?

You don't just put up a defence for the sake of it. I will no more respond to your post because you intend to cause diversion.
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by nextpart(m): 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
hadbak,

The quotations are correct 100% and your post is a weak defence.
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by seyibrown(f): 4:08pm On Oct 20, 2012
Perhaps, the comparison was being made to human inventors, i.e creators of cars, mobile phones, clothing etc! I do agree with the OP that if a certain god were to admit and refer to the existence of other creators of such things as he created, then he is not the almighty God, creator of heaven and earth!

@ Sweetnecta: Eleshe a ma sa nigba ti a ko le! grin grin grin Re: 16, 19, 6 and 9! wink O s'ojo! Ko ye ka ma b'omokunrin n'idi ojo! grin grin
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by truthman2012(m): 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
God Almighty, the true God is too big to compare Himself with pagan gods. Birds of the same feather flock together. Allah that accept pagan gods as co-creators cannot be God of Heaven.

Another Deity must have impersonated Allah if Allah truely means the true God in Arabic language.
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by Sweetnecta: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2012
@Nextpan:
by nextpart(m): 3:21pm
Sweetnecta

Allah recorgnized the pagan gods as creators but His own is the best and that was why He called them creators.
then you are ignorant of how authority speaks. What did the pagan gods create when they themselves were carved by men who called them creators?

No twisting.
apply that to yourself.

If in reality pagan gods did not create anything in Islam, why did Allah recognize them as creators?
because pagans call them creators just like you call Jesus son of Mary creator.

Are you saying Allah is not realistic?
i am saying you need to think, because you and the pagans make erroneous claims having creators instead of The REAL CREATOR, Alone. This rebuttal from Allah is similar to rebuttal from Him against your Gods in Trinity which makes The REAL GOD a partner with creations; Angel you call God the Holy Ghost and Jesus son of Mary you call God the son.

You don't just put up a defence for the sake of it. I will no more respond to your post because you intend to cause diversion.
What diversion? You expect me to allow you to lie, when you are ignoring where the lie is, your Bibles? I know you will run away when its too hot for ya. Did I say something that is untrue? Point to my lies because your lies are what I am making clear for others, if you are in too much rage to see them.

@Seyibrown:
by seyibrown(f): 4:08pm
Perhaps, the comparison was being made to human inventors, i.e creators of cars, mobile phones, clothing etc! I do agree with the OP that if a certain god were to admit and refer to the existence of other creators of such things as he created, then he is not the almighty God, creator of heaven and earth!
I hope you will apply this to "thou shall not worship other Gods", even though you still manage to continue to worship Jesus who himself worshiped? Use the same standard, sisi.

@ Sweetnecta: Eleshe a ma sa nigba ti a ko le! grin grin grin Re: 16, 19, 6 and 9! wink O s'ojo! Ko ye ka ma b'omokunrin n'idi ojo! grin grin
I am not running or hiding for anything. Ibi to ba le lati nba omo omo okunrin. Alhamdulillah. I am standing. When you guys say God is Trinity and then One God, when one of them is worshiping another, if that is not God worshiping Gos and thats confusion and you who accept it are not idolaters, what is there for me to say?
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by truthman2012(m): 5:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
Allah said he is the best creator of all creators. Any controversy in this? I think the English is simple enough.
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by hadbak: 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2012
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by hadbak: 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
@ nextpart.. Point of corection,I didnt say d quotations was wrong, only corected d name of d SURAs as u wrongly adressed dem. D quranic nmbers n verses r d same. Ddnt u tink I shld know dem BETA dan u do?.. I shld warn u to b careful nxt time,as we dnt want pple lyk u to confuse our scripture. N gues what? U got d weakest argument as d verse is very clear witout any ambigities. Allah said He is d BEST of all creators,meaning..He supercedes all. See tis..bfor islam,Our gr8t grand parent blive in gods created by our fore fadas who dey bliv is dia all n all,. God is saying He is dia creator n d creator of d pple who created dose gods dey blived in. i don't knw how u Comprehend english, buh tis is clear. Ur only trying 2 confuse U n ur felow xtians..njoy
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by Sweetnecta: 7:11pm On Oct 20, 2012
@truthman2012:
btruthman2012: 5:17pm
Allah said he is the best creator of all creators. Any controversy in this? I think the English is simple enough.
it is simple enough just like the Biblical verse of "do not worship any other God beside me" which tells us the Biblical God agrees that there are other Gods. You may just have found your Trinity here.
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by Sweetnecta: 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2012
@truthman2012:
btruthman2012: 5:17pm
it is simple enough just like the Biblical verse of "do not worship any other God beside me" which tells us the Biblical God agrees that there are other Gods. You may just have found your Trinity here

Biblical God says He is a jealous God. Why jealousy except there is expectation of competitions from competitors?
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by ParisLove1: 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2012
The Role of Muhammad According to Allah

Surah2:272 Yusuf Ali It is not required of thee (O Messenger), to set them on the right path but Allah sets on the right path whom He pleaseth. Whatever of good ye give benefits your own souls, and ye shall only do so seeking the “Face” of Allah. Whatever good ye give, shall be rendered back to you, and ye shall not Be dealt with unjustly.

Pickthall The guiding of them is not thy duty (O Muhammad) , but Allah guideth whom He will. And whatsoever good thing ye spend, it is for yourselves,when ye spend not save in search of Allah’s Countenance; and whatsoever good thing ye spend, it will be repaid to you in full, and ye will not be wronged.

note is the beginning of this ayat: “The guiding of them is not thy duty (O Muhammad)”. This means that guiding people to the‘ right’ (read wrong) path is not required of Muhammad because Allah is taking care of that. One thing must be kept in mind that this is the opinion of Allah himself.

Now let us read 13:7;

Surah13:7 Yusuf Ali 013.007 Y: And the Unbelievers say: “Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?” But thou art truly a warner, and to every people a guide.

:Pickthall Those who disbelieve say: If only some portent were sent down upon him from his Lord! Thou art a warner only, and for every folk a guide.

What do we read here? Here Allah states that “Muhammad is a guide to EVERY people”. It is not hard to conclude that 2:272 and 13:7 contradicts. It seems that Allah, the so called creator of everything, including confusion, is himself confused about the role of Muhammad as a guide. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by nextpart(m): 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
hadbak,

God cannot claim to have created man and his idol. He warned man strictly not to make any image of worship. How can you say God created our forefather and the idols they worshiped. Idols are the handiwork of pagans, God can never acknowdge idol as His handiwork.

How can God Almighty be talking about creation and be saying His is the best creators among pagan gods? It is not God, not the true God. A spirit must have impersonated Him. God is greater than that.

'Better' is a comparative word used to compare between two things, while 'best' is a superlative word used for comparison among three or more things.

To say Allah is the best of creators means He placed Himself in superlative comparison with other creators and adjudged Himself as the best. Birds of the same feather flock together. Comparison is made between or among relevant things.
Re: Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) by cyrexx: 5:28am On Oct 21, 2012
For those of you saying Quran has no contradictions, you are just turning blind eyes to its contradictions the same way christians are turning blind eye to their Bible's contradictions.

For example, click on this link to see many contradictions in the Quran.

(1) (Reply)

See How Some Atheist Argue Blindly! / Some Pastors Teaches That self-service Is Not A Sin / 'sex Mountain' – Where Muslims Flock To In Search Of Wealth And Fortune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.