Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (43978 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by baslone: 5:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
Erelu_Y:

YOU'RE SO DUMB AND CLUELESS. TO START WITH YOU WENT TO A SECONDARY SCHOOL, GLORIFIED BY NAME AS A SEMINARY. YOU WOULD NEVER, AFTER FINISHING THAT LEVEL OF EDUCATION, HAVE BEEN ORDAINED A PRIEST. BY THE WAY, HOW MANY CREDITS DID YOU GET AFTER CHEATING IN THE EXAMS - WHICH IS A COMMONPLACE EAST OF THE RIVER NIGER, AT LEAST WHEN I WAS THERE FOR MY NYSC. SECONDLY, MY HUSBAND IS NOT A NIGERIAN AND DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THE SCHOOL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. IN ANY CASE, YOU COME ACROSS AS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A PRODUCT OF AN EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM ACUTELY LACKING IN CRITICAL THINKING AND RATIONAL AUTONOMY, EXPLAINING WHY YOUR TYPE ENDS BEING CONNED AND DECEIVED. I HAVE NO TIME FOR YOUR SPECIE AND TYPOLOGY OF HUMAN BEINGS.

Oboi!! See vextation!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by crackhouse(m): 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
haha, brethen it really pays to serve the lord

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by armadeo(m): 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ma$$ hypnoti$m @ its best.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by ABAKA72(m): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
Erelu_Y:

YOU'RE SO DUMB AND CLUELESS. TO START WITH YOU WENT TO A SECONDARY SCHOOL, GLORIFIED BY NAME AS A SEMINARY. YOU WOULD NEVER, AFTER FINISHING THAT LEVEL OF EDUCATION, HAVE BEEN ORDAINED A PRIEST. BY THE WAY, HOW MANY CREDITS DID YOU GET AFTER CHEATING IN THE EXAMS - WHICH IS A COMMONPLACE EAST OF THE RIVER NIGER, AT LEAST WHEN I WAS THERE FOR MY NYSC. SECONDLY, MY HUSBAND IS NOT A NIGERIAN AND DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THE SCHOOL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. IN ANY CASE, YOU COME ACROSS AS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A PRODUCT OF AN EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM ACUTELY LACKING IN CRITICAL THINKING AND RATIONAL AUTONOMY, EXPLAINING WHY YOUR TYPE ENDS BEING CONNED AND DECEIVED. I HAVE NO TIME FOR YOUR SPECIE AND TYPOLOGY OF HUMAN BEINGS.
the truth is, you seduced a priest period, and the stud who couldn't control his libido is now running around in mental conflict looking for answers to redeem himself. if your husband is a prof. as you claimed, there are hundreds of thousands of others professors who believe in God, that supreme being that control the universe, so your argument about your husband doesn't hold water. your husbands answer to his confusion lays in that little juju between your legs that made him denounce God. so if you like you can insult me from now till eternity , it will not change the fact, And you being a woman, your conduct has shown the kind of training you received in your family. they said by there fruits we shall know them.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by ABAKA72(m): 6:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
yemhosky:

You surely have never heard a message of His before, otherwise you wont be saying He encourages indolence. Go get yourself a tape from Dominion Bookstores.
I will rather work hard and achieve my dreams than to waste my time reading 419 massages.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by onatisi(m): 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
ABAKA72: the truth is, you seduced a priest period, and the stud who couldn't control his libido is now running around in mental conflict looking for answers to redeem himself. if your husband is a prof. as you claimed, there are hundreds of thousands of others professors who believe in God, that supreme being that control the universe, so your argument about your husband doesn't hold water. your husbands answer to his confusion lays in that little juju between your leg that made him denounce God. so if you like you can insult me from now till eternity , it will not change the fact, And you being a woman, your conduct has shown the kind of training you received in your family. they said by there fruits we shall know them.
yeeeeee this kind punishment no good ,haba my guy ,
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Delafruita(m): 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2012
ticom: I av cum to discovered dat dose dat are mostly jealous are mentally, spiritually and financially illed. Most of you with ur poverty driven mentality criticise him cos of ur ignorance. TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED....before thunder strike u down.
thunder fire you
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by armadeo(m): 6:09pm On Oct 21, 2012
[quote author=Skipfr][/quote]

ok here is one winning liar. am no catholic but i have friends who are and that mass will not be missed 4 anything.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by armadeo(m): 6:10pm On Oct 21, 2012
[quote author=Skipfr][/quote]

ok here is one winning liar. am no catholic but i have friends who are and that mass will not be missed 4 anything.
Am sure u are trying to defend ur man of God but u are a LIAR. And all liars go to hell

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Delafruita(m): 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
Oceemo: so its nt d politicians agn wat concerns oyedepo n ur sorry state u ar in men u jst have 2 try n embrace truth so that u wnt b in dis hungry state 2 hate so mch in extent directed 2 a man of God. Try n hear his message n do accordin 2 wat is written in d word {bible} den u wll knw y pepu keep going 4 more
I think you need a slappiverance for the sorry state of your english.lest I forget,its our lingua franca so .....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by ABAKA72(m): 6:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
onatisi:
yeeeeee this kind punishment no good ,haba my guy ,
My brother can you imagine the kind of filthy language coming from the mouth of a married woman just because we disagreed on an issue.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by EreluY(f): 6:29pm On Oct 21, 2012
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/859418_article-2220833-15994F14000005DC-51_634x416_jpg0854704399562948a7071449dae9b37b[/img]

READING DAVID'S SMILING FACE, HE'S SEEMINGLY SAYING "SEE YEYE AND MUMU PEOPLE, MONKEY DEY WORK BABOON DEY CHOP. OBOI, WHO TALK AM SAY MAGA NO DEY PAY."

WELL DONE PASTOR. YOU HOP AROUND IN JETS, DUMBASSES CRUISE ABOUT IN JALOPPIES. IT'S THEIR CHOICE.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by onatisi(m): 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
ABAKA72: My brother can you imagine the kind of filthy language coming from the mouth of a married woman just because we disagreed on an issue.
you really came down hard on her ,but i think she will learn to control her statements as from now on.i guess ppl need to be reminded that noone controls the monopoly of insults and foul language.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by ABAKA72(m): 6:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
onatisi:
you really came down hard on her ,but i think she will learn to control her statements as from now on.i guess ppl need to be reminded that noone controls the monopoly of insults and foul language.
Yea my Guy, thanks
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by LeStylo: 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2012
DOMINION AIRLINE - Let's get on the angel's wings! shocked

I hope its better than AERO grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by ABAKA72(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
Le Stylo: DOMINION AIRLINE - Let's get on the angel's wings! shocked

My Guy why na, you wan spoil market for AERO lol grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by LeStylo: 6:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
Le Stylo: DOMINION AIRLINE - Let's get on the angel's wings! shocked

ABAKA72: My Guy why na, you wan spoil market for AERO lol grin cheesy grin grin grin

ERRATUM: I hope its better than AERO DANA lipsrsealed
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
....i do not blame Oyedepo,i blame those people attending his church-God and church are in your heart....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by ABAKA72(m): 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
Are you implying that the man dey do washy-washy. lol grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Rumin8(m): 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
Interesting comments so far. My fiancee attends the church and we've argued on these very same subjects. One thing I want to say to followers of this man is, look critically at the actions of your leader. Beyond the rhetoric and promises of financial freedom, what lies beneath?

There's a striking difference between what should increase efficiency (one jet) and the blinding desire for money and power (four jets).

And my friends, there's no place in heaven for the greedy and those who lust insidiously for money. Your so called MOG has demonstrated his unashamed quest for the finer things of life, things any TRUE BELIEVER of God should know are purely vanity. A Rolls Royce Phantom? WTF?

If you choose to turn a blind eye to this, carry on. But if you question the actions of a man you call Daddy, then maybe, just maybe, you'll get on the path to the miracles he's promised you lot. There's no saying what a rationale mind can do. Oyedepo has shown he's rationale and shrewd. His jets are there to testify this. Why then do you, with all the problems in your life, be irrational by suggesting he's honest and holy?

Doesn't the part of the bible that warns against things of the world strike you? Or you think Oyedepo is exempt from these? Anyway, good luck.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by 2ts: 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2012
Does these pastor's have the book of Ecc.in their bible.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by ayawori(m): 8:18pm On Oct 21, 2012
@all, to add to all the info that will make u hug transformer, another university will be constructed next year named Crown University, a maritime university in Calabar. Guess dis is d third university. Well for someone dat was preaching under thatched roof in 1986, this is 2012, let him show God's effizy. As for the Rolls Royce well i'll need a pic for dat. I don't see Americans complain about their own pastors who runs similar paro. Kenneth Copeland has given out over 4 Jets as gifts, Oral Roberts University is very expensive. So this tin is around the world.
If the people that pay tithes every Sunday receive rewards then they'll continue. Meanwhile there are so many fools that give cash to native doctors and in the end its all a scam. Is it bcuz those ones can't be discussed publicly?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by vislabraye(m): 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
Oyedepo is actually used by God, there's no question about it.
And there's nothing wrong in being wealthy as long as there's accountability.
Sometimes, I question the opulence of some pastors. Driving a phantom. That will raise eye brow.
Its also possible he receives gifts from members.
What I really don't understand is why should his own son run the London branch? I'm sure that's the most lucrative part.
Is his son truly called to be a pastor? Nothing wrong in asking.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by gilmaro(m): 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
cryIn issues like this, we should just keep calm cos good things last long n bad things don't. there is always a reward for everything we do whether good or bad.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by rusher14: 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
yemhosky:

Since you know so much about the ways of a MOG. Go start out something yourself. You would surely be flying ur private jet soon.... wink
I don't need a private jet and i very much like the life i lead.
I'm happy with my career and grateful to God for all He has done in my Life, not a pastor.
I have had my own travails in Life and only God and hard work has pulled me through.
There would still be more challenges in life and by God's grace i would overcome. Maybe God might use someone and for that i would appreciate it. But you know who i would worship and believe? guess what he won't be wearing a suit.
These MOGs are all men like me and you, they may be more eloquent, maybe a few have the calling but that is not found in the number of people in their congregation. Most definitely by their acts you shall know them. I wouldn't name names. but believe me if even you know the truth but you can choose to deceive yourself.
In a 3rd world country such as ours many would prey on the weak, it is happening already. but we have to discern, be logical in our thinking and stop thinking that every problem we have is spiritual. the true winners are those who dare as well as those who do. not those who fear or cow to some other man.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by pastormustwacc: 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
st donbosco: I don't really know much about this story but I must say frankly that the first day I went to Faith Terbanacle & was opportuned to be laid a hand on my forehead by Bishop Oyedepo, three miracle happened to me on that faithful day. Am a staunch catholic, mind you but I honestly believe he is a man of God. Besides he is not the only influential & wealthy pastor. Almost all of them are.
So it is only miracles that can convince you that someone is a man of God? SATAN CAN DO MIRACLES TOO, EVEN CALL DOWN FIRE FROM HEAVEN!
I am not saying that he is not a man of God, but dont just let the supernatural over-excite you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by maxproxl: 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
Na wa o. Bishop oyedepo is always on nairaland. @Poster. Uv succeeded in getn a place on frontpage by regurgitating an irrelevant stale news. Thumbs up to you for creating a "beef forum" for a man of God ordained by God and respected by many.

There are two things in life. Its either u're envied or u're pitied however Its better to be envied than to be pitied and prosperity is better than poverty.

Pastors are human beings and they also crave for food, water, sleep and even sex like every normal mortal. You envy rich pastors and you also pity poor pastors. We're been blessed to bless others. So you can never be too rich in life. The richer you become, the more you should help other people; which is what winners chapel does regularly. Other churches like christ embassy, daystar, salvation, rccg, trem, kicc, coza, fountain of life, foursquare, deeper life, synagogue, lord chosen etc all run charitable foundations focused on the less priviledged.

Every church counts money whether orthodox or pentecostal. Catholic, anglican, methodist, baptist, cele, CAC, C&S and even adventist, latter day saint and jehovah witness and a host of others all collect offerings. The only difference is the quantity. The point is nobody and no church can force you to give. Its a choice and depends solely on the giver.
Why blame the "receiver" when the "giver" is not complaining.

Psalm 23 says "the lord is my shepherd, l shall not want". "I shall not want" means "l will not lack" or "l have everything l need". Bishop oyedepo has been blessed and is a blessing to his generation. Both spiritually and physically. No other church in africa creates more employment than winners chapel. They create income for several families through salaries and create income for the govt through taxes.

My question is what offence has the bishop committed. He is not the only rich pastor in Nigeria. A church like christ embassy and RCCG even has more branches worldwide. Winners chapel branches in UK give out slips to members so also other churches in the UK. They operate a cashless economy so most transactions are through e-platforms.

How does that concern the bishop who is based in ota ogun state where he preaches every single week. There are many branches in the UK and his son only presides over one. Bishop is a leader of leaders and he has mentored most senior pastors of other vibrant ministries home and abroad. David ibiyieome, simeon afolabi, bolu martins, sam adeyemi, dayo olutayo, taiwo and late bimbo odukoya, biodun fatoyinbo, david agboli, tayo adeyemi etc to mention a few of his proteges.

Bishop doesn't control other winners branches spread over 36states in Nigeria and several african countries. He is a good leader and not a boss. Leadership is about influence and good leaders leverage on "delegation strategies". A good leader only relates with top leaders(20%) and these leaders cordinate other leaders and generate the remaining 80% desired result.

Am not a member of winners chapel but l took interest in the ministry in 1996 when l read in Punch of his 1st private jet. 6years later in 2002, l was priviledged to meet the man and l discovered a humble individual with a strong passion for God and the kingdom. He always says it confidently."I am a messenger of prosperity". So tell me, would u have preferred a "a meesenger of poverty".

Even jesus himself said "l became poor for thy sake so that you may be rich". So why hate this purpose driven visionary and excellence oriented man of God. For all you haters, l advice you to read some of his books to know more about this man.

In a nutshell, always remember that poverty is not spirituality and mediocrity is not righteousness. You don't resemble God by being poor and being poor doesn't make you holier or better than a rich man. Infact poverty will lead you to envy, hatred, unforgiveness, strife, malice and bitterness. these are the six things God hates and most spiritual people are guilty of this even without knowing.

May God give you understanding.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by gilmaro(m): 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
Is this what Jesus taught' anyway this jets will help us to heaven in Jesus name . One day we will die n will not know what's next. For that man who says the jets are for swift movement, does oyedepo travel more than oyakhilome or ayo oritshejafor ? Do they have private jets ? shocked grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by maxproxl: 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
Read my post above carefully.
I don't intend to convince you but rather to expose you to divine truths.

May your five senses be activated and coordinated to comprehend it.
May God give you understanding.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by BSF: 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
st donbosco: I don't really know much about this story but I must say frankly that the first day I went to Faith Terbanacle & was opportuned to be laid a hand on my forehead by Bishop Oyedepo, three miracle happened to me on that faithful day. Am a staunch catholic, mind you but I honestly believe he is a man of God. Besides he is not the only influential & wealthy pastor. Almost all of them are.

NEVER NEVER EVER CRITICISE ANY MAN/WOMAN OF GOD. None of the critics here called Oyedepo to Ministry. God Called him. Let God be his Judge , BUT I TELL YOU, OYEDEPO IS A TRUE MAN OF GOD.This can be attested to by Many that are not even worshippers with LIVING FAITH.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Ilekokonit: 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
berem
Who says I must go to church to make heaven?

Good question.

Yomieluv
When has God's-calling become inheritance from father to son.

#singingFela# na pastor life dey better,the people dey suffer#

Pastor’s dress na ‘im dey clean pass
Be it hard for my people for dem to buy soap
Fela Kuti - Coffin For Head Of State

Open you eye everywhere
Archbishop na miliki
Pope na enjoyment
Imam na gbaladun

[Chorus]
Archbishop dey enjoy
Pope self dey enjoy
Imam self dey enjoy
My brother wetin you say?
My brother wetin you say?

My sister wetin you go hear?
My sister wetin you go hear?

Archbishop dey for London
Pope dey for Rome
Imam dey for Mecca
Archbishop dey for London
Pope dey for Rome
Imam dey for Mecca

My people them go dey follow Bishop
Them go follow Pope
Them go follow Imam
Them go go for London
Them go go for Rome
Them go go for Mecca
Them go carry all the money
Them go juba Bishop
Juba Pope
Juba Imam
Then them go start to yab themselves:

Every day my people dey inside bus
Every day my people dey inside bus
Forty-nine sitting, ninety-nine standing

Them go pack themselves in like sardine
Them dey faint, them dey wake like c.ock
Them go reach house, water no dey
Them go reach bed, power no dey
Them go reach road, go-slow go come
Them go reach road, police go slap
Them go reach road, army go whip
Them go look pocket, money no dey
Them go reach work, query ready

Every day na the same thing

Fela Kuti - Shuffering and Shmiling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Johnson Suleman: "Stephanie Otobo Is A Blackmailer, Has Link With Boko Haram" / Adeboye Fixes Abandoned Road In Osun State (Photos) / Laurie Idahosa Wants Her '666' Number Of Instagram Followers Changed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.