Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (43972 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by alajor(m): 10:49am On Oct 22, 2012
Eish, as fela's song goes....pastors house na im dey fine pass,my pple dem dey stay for surroundings,pastors dress na Im dey clean pass,he asks for my pple for dem to buy soap,pastor na Im dem give respect pass and dem dey do all bad bad bad things.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by mko2005: 11:16am On Oct 22, 2012
Ricky_Ross: Very soon their congregants will come out in great numbers to defend him, its normal in Nigeria to defend your tribesman even if he is a terrorist.
Upon all the wealth at his disposal, his university is among the most expensive in Nigeria, this is a school built with church money, tithes, seeds etc. Hundreds of thousands of his congregants are living in poverty, yet he never thought it wise to assist them. Yet he tells his sheep to pay tithe and Kingdom Investment so that God will come down from heaven and help them.

A REAL MAN OF GOD WILL NEVER TELL YOU TO PAY TITHE TO RECEIVE BLESSING

A REAL SERVANT OF GOD WILL NEVER TELL ANYONE TO PAY TITHE OR SOW SEED TO AVERT CALAMITY

REAL MEN OF GOD PREACHES SALVATION AND WINNING SOULS FOR GOD, A REAL SERVANT OF GOD WILL NEVER TELL ANYONE TO PAY TITHE OR SOW SEED TO RECEIVE HEALING.

MAY GOD SAVE US FROM THE HANDS OF FAKE PROPHETS. NOW AM NOT CALLING ANYONE FALSE PROPHET BC AM NOT GOD AND AM NOT PERFECT.

I have learnt recently that Christianity is not about theological debate.
I have learnt recently that Christianity is not all about theological explanation.
I have learnt that it's all about hearing or studying the word of God,meditating on them and personalizing the word through CONFESSION and the amazing results will make people argue all over the world even on NL and ask question that i can only answer giving reference to the word of God to remind those who might have forgotten or to show the ignorant ones what the word is saying only if they if they will come ask me subtly 1
The above is what Oyedepo has done i believe. God help me not to speak against any one be him a man of God or not,a fake pastor or not.
God help me !

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Egelife(m): 11:19am On Oct 22, 2012
Why are nigerians still dumb in this mordern age, why can't we view things the way they are without being sentimental, all this MOGs to me are great teachers so I respect them like I would respect my parents and not worship them or see them as demi gods, yes indivduals has got various talents, some are true visionaries, some can pull crowd through postive teachings etc why use this to enrich themselve at the expense of the poor congregation all in the name of rewards (prosperity) and nigerians being so religious can't even differenciate, I know of a woman who sees her pastor as Jesus on earth whereby if the pastor says NO to her daughter's suitor she can never see anytin good in the man. They say Oyedepo's jets are for ministerial purposes, how many of you have rode on them for this function? How many of his congregation can afford sending there wards to his university? Businessmen who are after profit gives back to the society, how has the MOG who got enriched by the church giving back? Nigeria is the only place whereby everything a MOG does is correct and can't be questioned, he has been getting away with it in Nigeria but can't even get away wth it in a foreign land where people use there IQ. I won't b surprised if he decides to take a second wife, his followers won't see anytin wrong wth it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by maxproxl: 11:21am On Oct 22, 2012
torkaka:

i truly lack words to respond to you!! like i said, with people like you as his flock i am not surprised oyedepo is filthy rich!!

[size=14pt]MOTHER THERESA WAS A CHRISTIAN WHO LIVED THE CHRIST LIKE LIFE!! OYEDEPO IS A CON ARTIST WHO LIVES LIKE 50CENT!! [/size]

Why won't you lack words, u lack intelligence too. 50cent is an entrepreneur. He runs his business empire with interests in music, movies, games, clothing, real estate etc. And he recently diversified into acting and publishing. He also parties too and weeds daily.
Have you ever heard 50cent teaching God's word. Beyonce made $80million in year 2008 alone according to forbes. That amount can buy 5private jets. You should compare 50cent to JayZ not bishop oyedepo.

I repeat sit down and ask yourself. Is it a sin for a pastor to acquire a jet for his large ministry.
Sit down and think. Is it a SIN. any pastor that thinks of what people will say before taking action is a big fool. The question is "what will God say". If the vision is from God, it will be backed by supernatural provision. Its so sad u can't comprehend that.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 22, 2012
maxpro-xl:

Why won't you lack words, u lack intelligence too. 50cent is an entrepreneur. He runs his business empire with interests in music, movies, games, clothing, real estate etc. And he recently diversified into acting and publishing. He also parties too and weeds daily.
Have you ever heard 50cent teaching God's word. Beyonce made $80million in year 2008 alone according to forbes. That amount can buy 5private jets. You should compare 50cent to JayZ not bishop oyedepo.

I repeat sit down and ask yourself. Is it a sin for a pastor to acquire a jet for his large ministry.
Sit down and think. Is it a SIN. any pastor that thinks of what people will say before taking action is a big fool. The question is "what will God say". If the vision is from God, it will be backed by supernatural provision. Its so sad u can't comprehend that.

LMFAO @ the bolded!! i can see through oyedepo's design like "blind fury"! i can't compare mother theresa with 50cent (only a certified nut case can do that) but i sure can compare 50 cents with oyedepo!

according to you;
"50cent is an entrepreneur. He runs his business empire with interests in music, movies, games, clothing, real estate etc. And he recently diversified into acting and publishing. He also parties too and weeds daily."

now diffrentiate that with oyedepo who owns schools,bottled water factories,publishing houses! and yes like 50cent, oyedepo is also an entrepreneur!

when i see oyedepo, i see a balling rap star!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by KDK(m): 11:47am On Oct 22, 2012
All I can say is :
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth. (1 Corinthians 10:23, 24 KJV)
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by maxproxl: 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
debrief08: Mother Teresa suffered a heart attack in Rome in 1983, while visiting Pope John Paul II. After a second attack in 1989, she received an artificial pacemaker. In 1991, after a battle with pneumonia while in Mexico, she suffered further heart problems. She offered to resign her position as head of the Missionaries of Charity, but the sisters of the order, in a secret ballot, voted for her to stay. Mother Teresa agreed to continue her work as head of the order.[56]

In April 1996, Mother Teresa fell and broke her collar bone. In August she suffered from malaria and failure of the left heart ventricle. She had heart surgery but it was clear that her health was declining. The Archbishop of Calcutta, Henry Sebastian D'Souza, said he ordered a priest to perform an exorcism on Mother Teresa with her permission when she was first hospitalised with cardiac problems because he thought she may be under attack by the devil.[57]

On 13 March 1997, she stepped down from the head of Missionaries of Charity. She died on 5 September 1997.[58]

At the time of her death, Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity had over 4,000 sisters, and an associated brotherhood of 300 members, operating 610 missions in 123 countries.[59] These included hospices and homes for people with HIV/AIDS, leprosy and tuberculosis, soup kitchens, children's and family counseling programs, personal helpers, orphanages, and schools. The Missionaries of Charity were also aided by Co-Workers, who numbered over 1 million by the 1990s.[60]

Mother Teresa lay in repose in St Thomas, Kolkata for one week prior to her funeral, in September 1997. She was granted a state funeral by the Indian government in gratitude for her services to the poor of all religions in India.[61] Her death was mourned in both secular and religious communities. In tribute, Nawaz Sharif, the Prime Minister of Pakistan said that she was "a rare and unique individual who lived long for higher purposes. Her life-long devotion to the care of the poor, the sick, and the disadvantaged was one of the highest examples of service to our humanity."[62] The former U.N. Secretary-General Javier Pérez de Cuéllar said: "She is the United Nations. She is peace in the world."[62]
n 1962, Mother Teresa received the Philippines-based Ramon Magsaysay Award for International Understanding, given for work in South or East Asia. The citation said that "the Board of Trustees recognizes her merciful cognizance of the abject poor of a foreign land, in whose service she has led a new congregation".[70] By the early 1970s, Mother Teresa had become an international celebrity. Her fame can be in large part attributed to the 1969 documentary Something Beautiful for God, which was filmed by Malcolm Muggeridge and his 1971 book of the same title. Muggeridge was undergoing a spiritual journey of his own at the time.[71] During the filming of the documentary, footage taken in poor lighting conditions, particularly the Home for the Dying, was thought unlikely to be of usable quality by the crew. After returning from India, however, the footage was found to be extremely well lit. Muggeridge claimed this was a miracle of "divine light" from Mother Teresa herself.[72] Others in the crew thought it was due to a new type of ultra-sensitive Kodak film.[73] Muggeridge later converted to Catholicism.

Around this time, the Catholic world began to honor Mother Teresa publicly. In 1971, Paul VI awarded her the first Pope John XXIII Peace Prize, commending her for her work with the poor, display of Christian charity and efforts for peace.[74] She later received the Pacem in Terris Award (1976).[75] Since her death, Mother Teresa has progressed rapidly along the steps towards sainthood, currently having reached the stage of having been beatified.

Mother Teresa was honoured by both governments and civilian organisations. She was appointed an honorary Companion of the Order of Australia in 1982, "for service to the community of Australia and humanity at large."[76] The United Kingdom and the United States each repeatedly granted awards, culminating in the Order of Merit in 1983, and honorary citizenship of the United States received on 16 November 1996. Mother Teresa's Albanian homeland granted her the Golden Honour of the Nation in 1994.[64] Her acceptance of this and another honour granted by the Haitian government proved controversial. Mother Teresa attracted criticism from a number of people for implicitly giving support to the Duvaliers and to corrupt businessmen such as Charles Keating and Robert Maxwell. In Keating's case she wrote to the judge of his trial asking for clemency to be shown.[64][77]

Universities in both the West and in India granted her honorary degrees.[64] Other civilian awards include the Balzan Prize for promoting humanity, peace and brotherhood among peoples (1978),[78] and the Albert Schweitzer International Prize (1975).[79]

In 1979, Mother Teresa was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, "for work undertaken in the struggle to overcome poverty and distress, which also constitutes a threat to peace." She refused the conventional ceremonial banquet given to laureates, and asked that the $192,000 funds be given to the poor in India,[80] stating that earthly rewards were important only if they helped her help the world's needy. When Mother Teresa received the prize, she was asked, "What can we do to promote world peace?" She answered "Go home and love your family." Building on this theme in her Nobel Lecture, she said: "Around the world, not only in the poor countries, but I found the poverty of the West so much more difficult to remove. When I pick up a person from the street, hungry, I give him a plate of rice, a piece of bread, I have satisfied. I have removed that hunger. But a person that is shut out, that feels unwanted, unloved, terrified, the person that has been thrown out from society—that poverty is so hurtable [sic] and so much, and I find that very difficult." She also singled out abortion as 'the greatest destroyer of peace in the world'.[81]

During her lifetime, Mother Teresa was named 18 times in the yearly Gallup's most admired man and woman poll as one of the ten women around the world that Americans admired most, finishing first several times in the 1980s and 1990s.[82] In 1999, a poll of Americans ranked her first in Gallup's List of Most Widely Admired People of the 20th Century.[83] In that survey, she out-polled all other volunteered answers by a wide margin, and was in first place in all major demographic categories except the very young.[83][84]

How do you compare someone who refused the conventional award ceremony with pomp and pageantry so the money could be used to help others to someone who rides 4 private jets in the midst of so much lack and poverty in his own land? Nonsense

Wow what a long epistle. Thank God l love reading so l took time to go through your irrelevant piece. Copy and paste as usual. Very impressive though.

I never compared mother theresa to bishop oyedepo. I only answered a simple question by a nairalander by the name "torkoka".

Mother theresa: may her soul rest in peace really tried but made a very big mistake. Giving material things alone to the poor will not solve their poverty problem. Just like giving some one N1million does not make some one a millionaire. Infact it will add to it.

Am sure even after her death, those people will still be poor. The most important thing is to change a person's mindset by renewing his mind with knowledge. Poverty is a mindset. This same poor people mother theresa helped will always be poor as long as they are not empowered mentally and financially.
After exhausting the food and clothes she gave them, they will still crave for more.

She should av established schools, skills acquisition centres, hospitals, farms, companies etc for them to be educated, acquire skills and be gainfully employed. No matter what you give a poor man, without financial intelligence it can never last. Even rich people become broke without financial management and discipline.

Oyedepo is doing more because he is impacting more people worldwide and faster too. That's the main reasons for the jets. for unhindered global outreach. THE BASIC TRUTH is that its a product of necessity which relates with a divine mandate, size of their ministry, envagelism & supernatural provision.

If you're free, visit "canaanland" in ota ogun state and discover things yourself. Visit goshen city in abuja too, go to kaduna, ibadan, ilorin, owerri, kano, portharcourt, calabar, enugu, akure and benin and see the impact of this ever increasing ministry. The best story in life is "from grass to grace" not the common trend in Nigeria of the reverse case.

I will say it again like l told others. Sit down and think and ask yourself, is it a sin for a pastor to acquire two private jets that his ministry can afford without fraud. Knowledge is power and information brings transformation only when correctly applied. Ask yourself, does being poor make you holy or glorify God. It even makes you evil and prone to sin.

Ask yourself Is it a sin for people to give tithes and offering willingly to promote the gospel. Is it a sin to live a good life amidst poverty. You can never help everybody and their poverty is not your fault. You can only do your best which oyedepo and other churches are doing.

Let me ask you, how many poor people have you impacted in your life. Churches are doing their best and people are still complaining. Christ embassy, winners, synagogue, redeem, mfm and a host of others are all supporting the poor every single day. They also support their members.

Stop jumping into wrong conclusions, find out things yourself. Av been to many churches just to study how they operate. Winners is among one the few excellence oriented churches l discovered.

I leave you with these two scriptures. "The path of the just shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day" and "The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy but l av come that you may have life and have it more abundantly". That's God's intention for every beleiver including you.

I pray for you today. May God give you understanding and may you experience a new dimension of God's favour in your life.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Oyee100: 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
O boy, u can't be a staunch catholic n go 2 anoda church to receive wateva. U can't be here nor there. Mind u peeps, On d Dday, Ur pastor cannot save u. U gat to save urslf

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by omosexy1: 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
Why are you guys bothering yourself. Oyedepo is a businessman and he is expanding his shop, building more branches. He is a fantastic speaker who draw reference from the bible to collaborate his speeches. He is charismatic and has the skills to utter the mindset of people. He is entitled to the finest things of life because he is good at what he does but to call him a MOG - NEVER.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
maxpro-xl:

Wow what a long epistle. Thank God l love reading so l took time to go through your irrelevant piece. Copy and paste as usual. Very impressive though.

I never compared mother theresa to bishop oyedepo. I only answered a simple question by a nairalander by the name "torkoka".

Mother theresa: may her soul rest in peace really tried but made a very big mistake. Giving material things alone to the poor will not solve their poverty problem. Just like giving some one N1million does not make some one a millionaire. Infact it will add to it.

Am sure even after her death, those people will still be poor. The most important thing is to change a person's mindset by renewing his mind with knowledge. Poverty is a mindset. This same poor people mother theresa helped will always be poor as long as they are not empowered mentally and financially.
After exhausting the food and clothes she gave them, they will still crave for more.

She should av established schools, skills acquisition centres, hospitals, farms, companies etc for them to be educated, acquire skills and be gainfully employed. No matter what you give a poor man, without financial intelligence it can never last. Even rich people become broke without financial management and discipline.

Oyedepo is doing more because he is impacting more people worldwide and faster too. That's the main reasons for the jets. for unhindered global outreach. THE BASIC TRUTH is that its a product of necessity which relates with a divine mandate, size of their ministry, envagelism & supernatural provision.

If you're free, visit "canaanland" in ota ogun state and discover things yourself. Visit goshen city in abuja too, go to kaduna, ibadan, ilorin, owerri, kano, portharcourt, calabar, enugu, akure and benin and see the impact of this ever increasing ministry. The best story in life is "from grass to grace" not the common trend in Nigeria of the reverse case.

I will say it again like l told others. Sit down and think and ask yourself, is it a sin for a pastor to acquire two private jets that his ministry can afford without fraud. Knowledge is power and information brings transformation only when correctly applied. Ask yourself, does being poor make you holy or glorify God. It even makes you evil and prone to sin.

Ask yourself Is it a sin for people to give tithes and offering willingly to promote the gospel. Is it a sin to live a good life amidst poverty. You can never help everybody and their poverty is not your fault. You can only do your best which oyedepo and other churches are doing.

Let me ask you, how many poor people have you impacted in your life. Churches are doing their best and people are still complaining. Christ embassy, winners, synagogue, redeem, mfm and a host of others are all supporting the poor every single day. They also support their members.

Stop jumping into wrong conclusions, find out things yourself. Av been to many churches just to study how they operate. Winners is among one the few excellence oriented churches l discovered.

I leave you with these two scriptures. "The path of the just shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day" and "The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy but l av come that you may have life and have it more abundantly". That's God's intention for every beleiver including you.

I pray for you today. May God give you understanding and may you experience a new dimension of God's favour in your life.

[b]keep deluding yourself!! mother theresa left the comfort of the world and intermingled with the poor. she had no money but impacted on the world with her "missionaries of charity(over 500 in 100 countries). oyedepo enjoys the best of VANITIES the world has to offer and chose to move with the higher society(hence his preference of private jets to travel).
do you ask yourself what the amount used to buy those jets can impact on the lives of millions of poor christians in nigeria?
the world honours and remembers mother theresa today not because of the number of churches she opened or the siren blarring cars she had,or the gulf streams at her berk and call,or the mansions she lived in! the world honours and remembers her because of the examplary life she lived commanding the respect of world leaders,muslims,buddhist,different christian denominations,jews and even atheist!
she is the conscience that reminds all of us what a true christian,muslim,jew,buddhist,hindu etc should be/do! i can't say this for characters like oyedepo can i?[/b]

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by pastormustwacc: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
SO oyedepo is a businessman and not a mog?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by steve13(m): 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03:

You and the 2 million are ignorant sheep.

The facts about him are out there for everyone to see. He has private jets and luxury cars. Is that a lie?

Why are you people just foolish?

What are U̶̲̥̅̊ advising us to do?stop paying tithe? Come to ur own church or stay at home?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
steve_101:

What are U̶̲̥̅̊ advising us to do?stop paying tithe? Come to ur own church or stay at home?

Why dont you tell your MOGs to fast from tithes from 40 sundays?

Man shall not live on tithe bread alone ! grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by maxproxl: 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
torkaka:

[b]keep deluding yourself!! mother theresa left the comfort of the world and intermingled with the poor. she had no money but impacted on the world with her "missionaries of charity(over 500 in 100 countries). oyedepo enjoys the best of VANITIES the world has to offer and chose to move with the higher society(hence his preference of private jets to travel).
do you ask yourself what the amount used to buy those jets can impact on the lives of millions of poor christians in nigeria?
the world honours and remembers mother theresa today not because of the number of churches she opened or the siren blarring cars she had,or the gulf streams at her berk and call,or the mansions she lived in! the world honours and remembers her because of the examplary life she lived commanding the respect of world leaders,muslims,buddhist,different christian denominations,jews and even atheist!
she is the conscience that reminds all of us what a true christian,muslim,jew,buddhist,hindu etc should be/do! i can't say this for characters like oyedepo can i?[/b]

l laugh in tongues for your case... l asked a question and you refused to answer. :is it a sin for a pastor to acquire two private jets without fraud for his large ministry. if he was fraudulent, wouldnt the EFCC, ICPC etc be on his case. oyedepo is an acronym l love mother theresa so dont get me wrong. all l said was she didnt do enough as giving the poor material things alone can never solve the world's mega poverty problem. its a tetra-headed monster.

envy is an evil sin because all your allegations are baseless. its people like you that will hate your family members that keep excelling. an average Nigerian is always expecting people that take bold steps, doing unsual things to fail.

may your mindset be renewed and may you be broken free from the shackles of poverty thinking.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by maxproxl: 5:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
torkaka:

l laugh in tongues for your case... l asked a question and you refused to answer. :is it a sin for a pastor to acquire two private jets without fraud for his large ministry. if he was fraudulent, wouldnt the EFCC, ICPC etc be on his case. l love mother theresa so dont get me wrong. all l said was she didnt do enough as giving the poor material things alone can never solve the world's mega poverty problem. its like a tetra-headed monster.

envy is an evil sin because all your allegations are baseless. its people like you that will hate your family members that keep excelling consistently. an average Nigerian is always expecting people that take bold steps, doing unsual things to fail.

may your mindset be renewed and may you be broken free from the shackles of poverty thinking.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by PastorKun(m): 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2012
maxpro-xl:

l laugh in tongues for your case... l asked a question and you refused to answer. :is it a sin for a pastor to acquire two private jets without fraud for his large ministry. if he was fraudulent, wouldnt the EFCC, ICPC etc be on his case. l love mother theresa so dont get me wrong. all l said was she didnt do enough as giving the poor material things alone can never solve the world's mega poverty problem. its like a tetra-headed monster.

envy is an evil sin because all your allegations are baseless. its people like you that will hate your family members that keep excelling consistently. an average Nigerian is always expecting people that take bold steps, doing unsual things to fail.

@Bolded
Giving the poor material things at least meets their immediate needs and helps them to survive. Unlike Oledepo who fleeces the poor in the name of tithes, seed sowing, prophet's offering e.t.c
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
Pastor Kun:

@Bolded
Giving the poor material things at least meets their immediate needs and helps them to survive. Unlike Oledepo who fleeces the poor in the name of tithes, seed sowing, prophet's offering e.t.c

welcome to the world of programmed individuals! the gullible lad believes in his holy oyedepo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Ilekokonit: 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
2 Peter 2:1-3 (The Message)

2:1-2 But there were also lying prophets among the people then, just as there will be lying religious teachers among you. They’ll smuggle in destructive divisions, pitting you against each other—biting the hand of the One who gave them a chance to have their lives back! They’ve put themselves on a fast downhill slide to destruction, but not before they recruit a crowd of mixed-up followers who can’t tell right from wrong.

2:2-3 They give the way of truth a bad name. They’re only out for themselves. They’ll say anything, anything, that sounds good to exploit you. They won’t, of course, get by with it. They’ll come to a bad end, for God has never just stood by and let that kind of thing go on.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Peter%202:1-3&version=MSG
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Ilekokonit: 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
To those who referred to David Abioye as "My Daddy in the Lord" and David Oyedepo as "My Grand Daddy in the Lord", read the following bible passage :-

Matthew 23:4-12
The Message (MSG)

4-7 “Instead of giving you God’s Law as food and drink by which you can banquet on God, they package it in bundles of rules, loading you down like pack animals. They seem to take pleasure in watching you stagger under these loads, and wouldn’t think of lifting a finger to help. Their lives are perpetual fashion shows, embroidered prayer shawls one day and flowery prayers the next. They love to sit at the head table at church dinners, basking in the most prominent positions, preening in the radiance of public flattery, receiving honorary degrees, and getting called ‘Doctor’ and ‘Reverend.’

8-10 “Don’t let people do that to you, put you on a pedestal like that. You all have a single Teacher, and you are all classmates. Don’t set people up as experts over your life, letting them tell you what to do. Save that authority for God; let him tell you what to do. No one else should carry the title of ‘Father’; you have only one Father, and he’s in heaven. And don’t let people maneuver you into taking charge of them. There is only one Life-Leader for you and them—Christ.

11-12 “Do you want to stand out? Then step down. Be a servant. If you puff yourself up, you’ll get the wind knocked out of you. But if you’re content to simply be yourself, your life will count for plenty.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Ilekokonit: 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by plappville(f): 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
Ricky_Ross: Very soon their congregants will come out in great numbers to defend him, its normal in Nigeria to defend your tribesman even if he is a terrorist.
Upon all the wealth at his disposal, his university is among the most expensive in Nigeria, this is a school built with church money, tithes, seeds etc. Hundreds of thousands of his congregants are living in poverty, yet he never thought it wise to assist them. Yet he tells his sheep to pay tithe and Kingdom Investment so that God will come down from heaven and help them.

A REAL MAN OF GOD WILL NEVER TELL YOU TO PAY TITHE TO RECEIVE BLESSING

A REAL SERVANT OF GOD WILL NEVER TELL ANYONE TO PAY TITHE OR SOW
SEED TO AVERT CALAMITY

REAL MEN OF GOD PREACHES SALVATION AND WINNING SOULS FOR GOD, A
REAL SERVANT OF GOD WILL NEVER TELL ANYONE TO PAY TITHE OR SOW SEED TO RECEIVE HEALING.

MAY GOD SAVE US FROM THE HANDS OF FAKE PROPHETS. NOW AM NOT
CALLING ANYONE FALSE PROPHET BC AM NOT GOD AND AM NOT PERFECT.

You have said it all, i wouldn't do better.

People will continue to remain in brainwash because they have ignored Christ doctrine completely (the kingdom of God) they do all kind of paymeny in Church no because they truelly love God, but because they were made to know that they will recieve back from what they give. Jesus and His disciples where all time fisher men. They were contented with this. They didn establish different businesses etc. Come to think of it, how does this Pastor cope with all these wealth, Business and His Pastorial career? Wonders are increasing in the Church every day shocked
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by pastormustwacc: 12:21am On Oct 24, 2012
ALL THESE ROGUES ARE STILL ON THIS THREAD?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by try2judgenot: 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2012
I've attended Living Faith before and would attend it again if I have the chance because, believe it or not, sometimes one needs guidiance. However, I try to be as objective as possible in how I "follow" as everyone should because God gave us our thinking faculties afterall. However, if there is anything the British believe in, its football. They spend so much money to enjoy this and pour energy and emotions into this fvourite past-time and even though I do not understand their need to watch a group of men running around and kicking something round, I do not try to insult their intelligence. I think in the same way, their press should let those that want to go to church and spend their money do so without acting all superior! The truth is that for some people, if you take church away from them, you take everything away. I hope my thoughts are coherent .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by PastorKun(m): 11:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
try2judgenot: I've attended Living Faith before and would attend it again if I have the chance because, believe it or not, sometimes one needs guidiance. However, I try to be as objective as possible in how I "follow" as everyone should because God gave us our thinking faculties afterall. However, if there is anything the British believe in, its football. They spend so much money to enjoy this and pour energy and emotions into this fvourite past-time and even though I do not understand their need to watch a group of men running around and kicking something round, I do not try to insult their intelligence. I think in the same way, their press should let those that want to go to church and spend their money do so without acting all superior! The truth is that for some people, if you take church away from them, you take everything away. I hope my thoughts are coherent .

It's not about going to church or not going to church. It's about how church funds are utilised or in oyedepo's case abused.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by smemud(m): 6:56am On Dec 03, 2012
pastor my foot...all xtains are dense

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by smemud(m): 6:57am On Dec 03, 2012
pastor na 419,419 na pastor

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Olumikedos(m): 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
[quote author=mckayne]A church
run by a controversial multi-millionaire African preacher has been
accused of ‘cynical exploitation’ after its British branch received
£16.7 million in donations from followers who were told that God would
give them riches in return.

Followers are ferried in double-decker shuttle buses to the church,
handed slips inviting them to make debit card payments, and are even
told obeying the ministry’s teachings will make them immune from
illness.

Today’s Mail on Sunday revelations about the Winners’ Chapel movement
have prompted the Charity Commission to review the charitable status of
the church – one of the fastest-growing in the UK.

Winners’ Chapel is part of a worldwide empire of evangelical ministries
run by Nigeria’s wealthiest preacher David Oyedepo, who has an estimated
£93 million fortune, a fleet of private jets and a Rolls-Royce Phantom.

Revelations about the Winners¿ Chapel movement have prompted the Charity
Commission to review the charitable status of the church ¿ one of the
fastest-growing in the UK.

Plenty
to smile about; Preacher David Oyedepo of the Winners Chapel movement
aboard one of his private jets. He also owns a Rolls Royce Phantom

Dubbed ‘The Pastorpreneur’, he was accused earlier this year of slapping
the face of a young woman he said was a witch. The assault case was
struck out but is being appealed.

Branches of the church have sprung up in major UK cities in a huge
recruitment drive centred on Mr Oyedepo’s ‘prosperity gospel’. This
claims that congregants who make regular donations and pay tithes – a
ten per cent levy on their income – will be rewarded financially by God.

Followers are urged to target vulnerable people such as the lonely, the
sick, the homeless and the suicidal as potential candidates for
conversion.

Last night, Labour MP Paul Flynn said Winners’ Chapel was cynically
exploiting supporters. ‘They [Winners’ Chapel] are making clearly
spurious claims and it seems to be a cynical exploitation of the
gullible,’ he said.

Referring to the slapping incident, Mr Flynn added: ‘What is also
alarming is the reported violence and the lack of respect for the status
of women. It’s taking us back to a previous age of ignorance and
prejudice that we all thought the church had escaped.’

Caught
on camera: Video of Mr Oyedepo striking a young 'witch' across the face
in front of a congregation

This newspaper’s investigation can further disclose:

Congregants are handed a payment slip requesting payments using
cheque, cash or debit card when they enter London’s Winners’ Chapel.

Donations to the ministry in England almost doubled from
£2.21 million to £4.37 million between 2006 and 2010.

Mr Oyedepo’s superchurch in Nigeria received £794,000 or 73 per cent of
the charitable donations paid out by the British Winners’ Chapel between
2007 and 2010. This was despite claims in Africa that he is enriching
himself at the expense of his devotees.

The registered charity has spent £6.81 million on evangelism and
‘praise, worship and fellowship’.

The church

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Olumikedos(m): 9:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
THE WORD OF CROSS IS FOOLISHNESS TO THEM THAT PERISH.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by paajay(m): 1:24am On Sep 14, 2013
mitwitdot:

what perplex me most is that you people don't even know this man you just make conclusions based on hearsay and media jargons! I don't think I can correct the wrong perspective you have because it seems like it has been stencilled in your subconscious. but jus for argument sake, are you telling you know better than the over 2 million followers on cable tv and congregation if they don't get any benefits from his teaching, why are they still listening to him or going to his church. please don't let your ignorance be debated here, because it's obvious you know little about his person.
mitwitdot:

what perplex me most is that you people don't even know this man you just make conclusions based on hearsay and media jargons! I don't think I can correct the wrong perspective you have because it seems like it has been stencilled in your subconscious. but jus for argument sake, are you telling you know better than the over 2 million followers on cable tv and congregation if they don't get any benefits from his teaching, why are they still listening to him or going to his church. please don't let your ignorance be debated here, because it's obvious you know little about his person.
mitwitdot:

u shd try d illuminati who hav mor dan 30million faithfuls around d world...does it make them heaven bound...u r jst anoda brainwashed cell...same with pastor chris....why wud u amass so mch wealth wen ders so much hunger?u hv a fleet of private jets n evn use escorts? A man of God?children of winners member cnt aford 2 go 2 d church's university.wats dat? We r supposed 2 b Christ-like...help d poor n needy,d motherless,widows etc nt bringin mony 2 d church in d name of tithes...if Oyedepo wer in d days of old...probably he would b riding in a chariot of gold n preaching...JESUS fed 5000 twice with wat he had... wit d little they gav 2 him...Jesus had nufn! Bt he still gave...5000 pple wit jst 2loaves n 5 fish n there were 12 baskets left afta they had eaten to their fill. Bishop Oyebaba,stp milking d flock u do not protect or provide for.allow Jesus to com n reap wer He sowed. He can find u smth 4 ur hardwork. OLÉ
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Emperor4God(m): 4:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
Winners Chapel Aka Living Faith Glorify Satan, Illuminati And Freemasonry

Many people do not know that Winners Chapel aka Living Faith have buildings designed to glorify Satan and promote the Illuminati

Many know that Convenant University is full of Occult symbols, but most ignore the fact that ever proposed built Winners Chapel aka Living Faith is a celebration of the occult.

FOR EXAMPLE WINNERS CHAPEL OTA IS CALLED CANAANLAND AND THE BIBLE SAY'S CURSED IS CANAAN.

Genesis 9:25
And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

Now think about it why call your church Canaanland unless you have satanic ideas.

THE NAME CANAAN IS SO CURSED THAT A MAN WROTE ABOUT IT.
SO TO CALL YOUR CHURCH CANAAN LAND SHOWS EVIL INTENTIONS

WE WILL SHOW THAT THE FOLLOWING ARE ALL ILLUMINATI & FREEMASON BUILDINGS

1 WINNERS CHAPEL NAIROBI KENYA
2 WINNERS CHAPEL INTERNATIONAL TOGO
3 WINNERS CHAPEL KADUNA
4 WINNERS CHAPEL PORT HARCOURT
5 WINNERS CHAPEL ILORIN
6 WINNERS CHAPEL OWERRI
7 WINNERS CHAPEL IBADAN
8 WINNER CHAPEL BOTSWANA
9 WINNERS CHAPEL GOSHEN CITY, ABUJA
10 WINNERS CHAPEL CANAANLAND OTA

Have you wondered why WINNERS CHAPEL GOSHEN CITY, ABUJA has this funny shaped roof?

WE EVEN GO FUTHER TO SHOW THAT THE PASTORS ARE FREEMASONS & MEMBERS OF THE ILLUMINATI
Notice the Pyramid Oyedepo flashes while preaching

THERE IS SO MUCH WELL DOCUMENTED INFORMATION FOR MORE READING

http://emperorundertheking..co.uk/2015/01/winners-chapel-satan-illuminati-and.html

PLEASE LEAVE WINNERS CHAPEL
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by eddy4lyf: 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
mitwitdot:
its funny how one man can generate so much media frenzy. why can't the media leave this man alone and stop using him as a standard for wayward pastors?? Oyedepo sells books, tapes running into million copies every year. he impacts lives through messages of hope, and get rewarded for it...is that not enough for the man to be rich?? the guy has a private jet...SO? do you know about is traveling itinerary? if he has to be in Togo today and South Africa tomorrow do you expect him to be booking commercial flights every time. if there is no misconduct whatsoever on his part then let the man be left alone. The worshippers giving out thier money never complained of being hypnotised or deceived and a lot are educated and gainfully employed. if the want to follow the biblical instruction of "giving" then let them give, since we all have different beliefs

BUT PLS, LET'S LEAVE THIS MAN ALONE, HIS PROSPERITY SHOULD NOT BE ENVIED FOR HE HAS COMMITTED NO CRIME UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE.
I am not envying him and I can't leave him when he's misleading many from focusing on the heavenly things by making them focus on money. This is a crime b4 the heavens!.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by eddy4lyf: 12:07am On Oct 06, 2015
T

The guy is in denial because he's blind to the truth right b4 his eyes!. One thing I know 4 sure is Oyedepo is fraud!.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Authur Blessitt Broke Guinness Record While Carrying A Cross Around The World / Adeboye Fixes Abandoned Road In Osun State (Photos) / Johnson Suleman: "Stephanie Otobo Is A Blackmailer, Has Link With Boko Haram"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.