Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? (3742 Views)

Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Johndoe100(m): 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
It is a taboo where I am from for a man to enter the kitchen to cook, when a woman is there. What are the men of today becoming? Tufiakwa!!!!! Abomination of the highest order.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by greatgod2012(f): 3:30am On Oct 24, 2012
Sometimes, it baffles me when i read some posts on dis forum,e.g Johndoe's, i just shake my head when some pple take women as slaves. Imagine, u have ur work and i have mine, after a hectic work in office, and we are back home, somebody will sit down and be watching tv, while d other person will start d 2nd round job of cooking,cleaning d house, taking care of d kids,etc, while d other person is siting down, in d name of being a man, heeee, its barbaric, its wickedness,its inhuman, haba!men be more responsible,its no crime and will never be a crime. Afterall, u will want ur wives to assist financially in d running of d house and at d same time u wont want to be denied of intimacy, so, if women assist financially, i think d man should also assist in d kitchen and at home.Anyway,thank God im not married to such a wicked man or else..............
NOTE: im not talking about a full housewives o, but for working-class wife. Let some men change, let them be more loving,it pay off.

Women, if ur men are assisting u in d kitchen/home, always remember dt its not their duties, traditionally, so, appreciate it and never u abuse d privilege. I am so lucky 4 having my hubby, and 4 close to 8yrs of marriage now,i've not abused it, i treat my hubby like d king he is and he treats me also like d queen i am.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by dayokanu(m): 3:35am On Oct 24, 2012
WHy should it be a crime? Maybe it might be a crime for him to eat also

I see no big deal in it. Helping out makes the job faster
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by greatgod2012(f): 6:03am On Oct 24, 2012
dayokanu: WHy should it be a crime? Maybe it might be a crime for him to eat also

thanks, my man!
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by omotola1(m): 6:28am On Oct 24, 2012
Johndoe100: It is a taboo where I am from for a man to enter the kitchen to cook, when a woman is there. What are the men of today becoming? Tufiakwa!!!!! Abomination of the highest order.
Nonsense!
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by omotola1(m): 6:34am On Oct 24, 2012
Johndoe100: It is a taboo where I am from for a man to enter the kitchen to cook, when a woman is there. What are the men of today becoming? Tufiakwa!!!!! Abomination of the highest order.
So u intend to be held bound by ur useless taboo huh?
Even if ur village encourages slavery, can‘t you use ur own common sense and be a good husband?
After u finish using ur wife,she will now look as old as ur grandmother. Then u will marry another slave (wife) again.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Johndoe100(m): 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
I usually don't respond to posts by women, as most times they lack the requisite acumen to engage in an intelligent discourse. I will in this case because you exhibit the classic confusion of many women on this board. I stated the cultural viewpoint of my people and what did you do? You immediately started the usual internet fantasy that "we Nigerians" just are so backward. We should immediately drop our culture and follow you? Women in my place and from my place are slaves? Do you know how insulting that is?

In real life young lady aside from the possession of a V. agina what can you point to as something to be proud of? Look I am not a fool if you and that wimp you married have been married for 8 years and he is still sharing the cooking with you, then you both are failures. Even my steward (that's what we call senior houseboys ) has younger family members living with him and his wife who help out with things like that. 8 years , kids, and, the fool is still cooking?

Young and unmarried men like dayokanu can say what they like , in the future when they actually have a wife and kids, they will sing a different song.

greatgod2012: Sometimes, it baffles me when i read some posts on dis forum,e.g Johndoe's, i just shake my head when some pple take women as slaves. Imagine, u have ur work and i have mine, after a hectic work in office, and we are back home, somebody will sit down and be watching tv, while d other person will start d 2nd round job of cooking,cleaning d house, taking care of d kids,etc, while d other person is siting down, in d name of being a man, heeee, its barbaric, its wickedness,its inhuman, haba!men be more responsible,its no crime and will never be a crime. Afterall, u will want ur wives to assist financially in d running of d house and at d same time u wont want to be denied of intimacy, so, if women assist financially, i think d man should also assist in d kitchen and at home.Anyway,thank God im not married to such a wicked man or else..............
NOTE: im not talking about a full housewives o, but for working-class wife. Let some men change, let them be more loving,it pay off.

Women, if ur men are assisting u in d kitchen/home, always remember dt its not their duties, traditionally, so, appreciate it and never u abuse d privilege. I am so lucky 4 having my hubby, and 4 close to 8yrs of marriage now,i've not abused it, i treat my hubby like d king he is and he treats me also like d queen i am.
May God help us all.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Johndoe100(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
My traditions = useless
My people = bad husbands
From your screen name you should be Yoruba. Do you want me to give you a brief overview of your culture?
I will only counsel you to keep quiet, sometimes talking just makes you look foolish.

omotola1:
So u intend to be held bound by ur useless taboo huh?
Even if ur village encourages slavery, can‘t you use ur own common sense and be a good husband?
After u finish using ur wife,she will now look as old as ur grandmother. Then u will marry another slave (wife) again.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by omotola1(m): 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
Johndoe100: My traditions = useless
My people = bad husbands
From your screen name you should be Yoruba. Do you want me to give you a brief overview of your culture?
I will only counsel you to keep quiet, sometimes talking just makes you look foolish.

Silly response makes u look stu.pid!
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by greatgod2012(f): 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2012
Johndoe100: I usually don't respond to posts by women, as most times they lack the requisite acumen to engage in an intelligent discourse. I will in this case because you exhibit the classic confusion of many women on this board. I stated the cultural viewpoint of my people and what did you do? You immediately started the usual internet fantasy that "we Nigerians" just are so backward. We should immediately drop our culture and follow you? Women in my place and from my place are slaves? Do you know how insulting that is?

In real life young lady aside from the possession of a V. agina what can you point to as something to be proud of? Look I am not a fool if you and that wimp you married have been married for 8 years and he is still sharing the cooking with you, then you both are failures. Even my steward (that's what we call senior houseboys ) has younger family members living with him and his wife who help out with things like that. 8 years , kids, and, the fool is still cooking?

Young and unmarried men like dayokanu can say what they like , in the future when they actually have a wife and kids, they will sing a different song.

did u just typed d above, in this civilised age, chai! And u will tell me u are exposed,civilised and educated. Waoh! Its a pity! I only pity 2 sets of pple in ur life:
1. Ur parents; 4 wasting money on u in form of ur education. U are a waste!
2. Ur wife/wife-to-be; 4 agreeing to marry a beast like u.

N.B. I have never being sarcastic like this on dis forum, but u deserve to be answered like this.
FOOL!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by vanbonattel: 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2012
If I am president, any man found cooking except the wife is on sick bed should be flogged and locked up!
One day women will be demanding to stay on top of you every love making session!
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by vanbonattel: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2012
dayokanu: WHy should it be a crime? Maybe it might be a crime for him to eat also

woman wrapper!
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by omotola1(m): 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2012
van bonattel: If I am president, any man found cooking except the wife is on sick bed should be flogged and locked up!
One day women will be demanding to stay on top of you every love making session!
Na ur type dey beg women to stay on top sef.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by vanbonattel: 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2012
omotola1:
Na ur type dey beg women to stay on top sef.

its good once in a while, but one day women will be protesting online that the men are oppressing them by staying on top of them during love making.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
Johndoe100:
I usually don't respond to posts by women, as most times they lack the requisite acumen to engage in an intelligent discourse.

Do you know how insulting that is?

In real life young lady aside from the possession of a V. agina what can you point to as something to be proud of?

then you both are failures.

It's simply spectacular how much sheer hilarity (however dubious) you can cram in one post. I literally was laughing out loud at the quoted parts of your post. So thanks for that I suppose.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Johndoe100(m): 8:33pm On Oct 24, 2012
You see what I mean about puzzy and discourse? Once you start to talk to them they just go and start to insult people. Really sad.

greatgod2012:

did u just typed d above, in this civilised age, chai! And u will tell me u are exposed,civilised and educated. Waoh! Its a pity! I only pity 2 sets of pple in ur life:
1. Ur parents; 4 wasting money on u in form of ur education. U are a waste!
2. Ur wife/wife-to-be; 4 agreeing to marry a beast like u.

N.B. I have never being sarcastic like this on dis forum, but u deserve to be answered like this.
FOOL!
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Marcela04: 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2012
It is nt a crime because i ve in-laws (men) who cook & wash dishes. 1 of dem prefers washin his clothes.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by greatgod2012(f): 3:06am On Oct 25, 2012
Johndoe100: You see what I mean about puzzy and discourse? Once you start to talk to them they just go and start to insult people. Really sad.

look at urself, u coward! Are u not d one dt started d insult, when u insulted me and my hubby,because i made use of our marriage as example, so u expected me not to reply u,......u got it all wrong, men like u are supposed to be flogged in public for being a disgrace to manhood.
Chai! What a moronic,uncivilised, dumb and selfish man u are.
Nevertheless, im not angry with u, i have seen d way u react to women's posts, so, u are used to it, im sure dt is how u will be rude to ur mama, oh! May God not give us a son dt will bring shame to us.

**spits**
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Johndoe100(m): 4:10am On Oct 25, 2012
I did not insult you. I just pointed out the truth. Not my fault really. I would though, suggest that you try and tone down the insults as they do not take the place of civilized discourse. After 8 years your husband still has to come home from work to cook. I would suggest some self improvement courses. I don;r know what you and your husband do for a living, but if you are in Nigeria I know that people who either did not go to or did not complete high school can get adult education classes to make up.

greatgod2012:

look at urself, u coward! Are u not d one dt started d insult, when u insulted me and my hubby,because i made use of our marriage as example, so u expected me not to reply u,......u got it all wrong, men like u are supposed to be flogged in public for being a disgrace to manhood.
Chai! What a moronic,uncivilised, dumb and selfish man u are.
Nevertheless, im not angry with u, i have seen d way u react to women's posts, so, u are used to it, im sure dt is how u will be rude to ur mama, oh! May God not give us a son dt will bring shame to us.

**spits**
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2012
claremont:
What would she be doing then?! grin
I prefer to be a lazy cnut who sits in the living room drinking beer and watching football while the lady does ALL the work in the kitchen. Call me a chauvinistic bastard if you may.
and you want your woman to be financially independent?
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by tonym1(m): 11:45am On Oct 25, 2012
ITS NOT A CRIME, SOME MEN ENJOYING COOKING AND LIKE HELPING OUT IN THE KITCHEN SO WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Chimezie198(m): 2:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mbaaaa.... It is not a crime.

Its not also a crime to go to d market and buy water leaf + okro + vegetable = Egusi soup

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by abiL(f): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2012
Nope! If he needs to eat, then he must learn how to cook.

If it's a crime to be hungry, then it must be a crime for a man to cook.

I hate it when men thinks it's the job of women to be in the kitchen. This is 2012 mate, not 1865.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Chimezie198(m): 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
abiL: Nope! If he needs to eat, then he must learn how to cook.

If it's a crime to be hungry, then it must be a crime for a man to cook.

I hate it when men thinks it's the job of women to be in the kitchen. This is 2012 mate, not 1865.

Oga madam we don hear oo!

NEXT..
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by abiL(f): 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
Chimezie198: Oga madam we don hear oo!

NEXT..

Do I know you?

Keep to your lane! I was giving my opinion on a thread, must you quote me or interfere?

Don't let me descend on you o!

I'm in the process of dishing out asś-whopping, don't let that number go up to 3.

So please keep to your lane.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Chimezie198(m): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
abiL:

Do I know you?

Keep to your lane! I was giving my opinion on a thread, must you quote me or interfere?

Don't let me descend on you o!

I'm in the process of dishing out asś-whopping, don't let that number go up to 3.

So please keep to your lane.
NEXT!!!
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by abiL(f): 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2012
Chimezie198: NEXT!!!

Good boy smiley
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Chimezie198(m): 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2012
abiL:

Good boy smiley
embarassed
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by bjcole(m): 11:43am On Oct 27, 2012
there is no crime in helping one's wife @ home, but d man must choose to do it, it must not be seen that u force him to do, like some ladies r making it look here. I dont think there are rules on this, u cant report this 2 anybody, some of us enjoy doing & some dont like it, it does not make him less an husband. D thing is a man is a good husband when wife is having her & soon as d man stands his ground, he is bad. I dnt knw women r just unavoidable wahala.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
I swear, i get tired of the way some Nigerians reason, so when a man gets married he automatically becomes incapable of feeding himself, same way a woman automatically becomes incapable of financially taking care of herself. na wa oh.
Is it a crime for a Man to eat?
I will stop commenting on so many things, The mentality is scary
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by djeezy(m): 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2012
There's nothing wrong in a man helping his wife out. It all depends on the kind of chore or activities. There are various chores a man finds demeaning to his status. It is predominant in Nigeria where men sits απϑ read newspapers or watch tv απϑ his wife multi-tasks. But in America, it is not so. You find the man απϑ woman in the kitchen helping out each other as a couple. There's this mentality Africans have, that wives are to be submissive απϑ work their a** out. Nigerian men fears that the moment they start helping out it will become a norm, like the status quo of the house.lol
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by inuyasha01(m): 6:13am On Dec 05, 2012
fairygeh: Whats the big deal if the husband helps the wife out in the kichen,serzly i see nothing bad in it,just dat some guys are so rigid n prove so difficult and believe once they marry,dey ve utmost control over their wives like dey dictate n evrything. Its so pathetic that the average nigerian man thinks it is a taboo if he helps his wife in the kitchen they just sit down like bag of cement n expect the wife to cook,do tthe dishes,clean the house and take care of the babies,and later at night,they would want to do again.God help my husband if he tries this with me,ehn,infact m angry. lipsrsealed
so your father helps your mther cook abi? So if your husband does not help u in d kitchen does that means he does not perform his duties xpecially if he is 100% responsible for the family bills. And mind u, the kitchen your sole responsibility and if he wants to help,he may chip in but that doesn't mean it's is a duty of his::/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help To Wish My Lovely Boy Happy Birthday / 21 Ways That Will Make Your Husband/keep Loving You More And More / How One Small Girl Take Play Me Yesterday Afternoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.