Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos (14586 Views)

Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / MFM Fires 50 Pastors For Stealing Church Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Theben(m): 5:09am On Oct 22, 2012
CLIQBOY: I dey laff|if na muslim now..this thread go don enta page 50
If na muslim, them go don follow Sharia law murder the guy or chop off his hands.

6 Likes

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:15am On Oct 22, 2012
Theben:
If na muslim, them go don follow Sharia law murder the guy or chop off his hands.
EXACTLY! I wonder why these muslims no go just hide their shame and be quiet. Instead of allowing someone to remember them.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by gabriel212: 5:22am On Oct 22, 2012
Am not a member of the Church but let face realities. y did he go into the Church for stealing? thier is a law and it must be abide with.
In the days of Peter the Apostle what happen when Ananiah and Sapphirah lied b4 Peter? we should not be an hypocrite
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by BinghiNya(m): 5:43am On Oct 22, 2012
Asiwaju9ja: See Guys, Christianity is very open. Can't you see the way Christians are bashing Pastors here. You Muslim MUMUs will even follow a Maaad Imam,Mullah,Ayatolla to the death.Even BOKO HARAM una no fit condemn. Brainwashed Peadophiles.
muslims here never supported boko haram
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by femliany(m): 5:50am On Oct 22, 2012
redsun:

They are so money conscious.It must have really angered them to think that someone had attempted to steal their hard scammed money.Nigerians are heartless.
10/10 robber stole from robber
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by lastpage: 6:00am On Oct 22, 2012
Every day for the Thief!

One day for the Owner!

But when caught on that "one day", "its always their FIRST TIME"! grin grin

In the "spirit of Christ", l would have expected that the church plead for leniency on his behalf (like a reduced sentence) if he can show that he is truly repented.

But why cant he just go to the Pastor or members of that church and "first" ask to be assisted?
If they refuse, then he might have a "little" justification ..... even before God who said we should help the needy!
HE might even just steal a small amount that would solve his immediate problem (like #500! grin ), just to show that he is not a "real thief" but just trying to "survive".

Awww, he thought he was smart and would not be caught!

I read that some years back in the "West", you could not be charged to court for stealing, "If" you took say some Groceries from the stall and walked up to the Till and showed the cashier that You want this stuff but wont pay for it because you had no money and you (or your kids) are hungry!
That is how "humanity" should operate.

Lastpage!
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:02am On Oct 22, 2012
BinghiNya: muslims here never supported boko haram
Really??
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by nikkyshyne(f): 6:22am On Oct 22, 2012
acidtalk:

You sounded ret*arded typing the above. It wasn't a must to type.
Excuse me? Are you ok? It is not a must to quote me. I have noticed you ok.

Im.becile!
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by kunletech: 6:38am On Oct 22, 2012
acidosis™:

Is this a general madness or what? ?

A criminal stole money meant for a CHURCH and you all are asking why the church reacted? ? Is the money meant for you?? your relatives or your grandfathers??

d church is wrong by sending him to jail in accord to Holy Bible writen.
In d book of james, 'It said, brethren, if there is dispute among d brethren, they should settle it among themself.
But d action d church took is not a chritian pratice.
The bible sead forgive, but the church didn't follow.
It means the head or leaders of the church are false men of God.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by elbulk(m): 6:51am On Oct 22, 2012
NEROSKY:

me tire oh /.................

Even the bible says adhere to d laws of the land...he was duly punished...no part of d bible took discipline away...you are the ones dat r hypocrites
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by ektbear: 6:51am On Oct 22, 2012
Theben:

*Two Chainz voice* "truuuuu"
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by eduson55(m): 6:54am On Oct 22, 2012
what then do they want the members to learn?
not to forgive?
infact
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by spothot: 7:04am On Oct 22, 2012
Horus: The robber was sent by Jesus himself because there is a financial crisis in heaven.
...may God forgive you
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Lovine: 7:06am On Oct 22, 2012
Why should a guy be jailed for stealing in the church??

Till pastors show me proofs that tithes and offering actually go to heaven to God, they have no right to accuse any church member of stealing...

Pastors are the biggest thieves in the church!!

Quote me!!

So unless someone sure you the proof you will not believe? The Bible is the proof for you. No pastor will ever depend on you if you even have some. Because there are false pastors, that will not change God's standard.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by ezme(m): 7:16am On Oct 22, 2012
Once Again the devil has remained elusive.. Together, the Devil and Eze broke into a pentecostal church in Iba on Sunday night and stole the offering, but only Eze was caught.Poor Eze..
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Born2beRich1(m): 7:29am On Oct 22, 2012
redsun: So can a church send somebody to jail for stealing?Where is the forgiveness they are preaching? Hypocrites.

@redsun...kindly read the passage properly dat the op posted..the court sentenced him to jail for 6months and not the church...dont let ur criticism for the Church of the Lord hinder you from reading....

1 Like

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by jude33084(m): 7:30am On Oct 22, 2012
Some guys here are saying Ŧħåϯ because τhe church handed τhe thief to τhe police makes τhe church to be heartless undecided

So τhe Pastor should have said to τhe thief; Go aŋԂ Sin No more aŋԂ sweep τhe case under τhe carpet?
angry
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 22, 2012
redsun: So can a church send somebody to jail for stealing?Where is the forgiveness they are preaching? Hypocrites.
Change you whacked mentality. Just because its a church doesnt preclude him from been jailed. What if he was on the street? He would have been dead by now! The church would forgive but its still a crime nonetheless
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by pastormustwacc: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2012
^^^Nay, it was not like that, the devil told him to go and steal from the church to alleviate his poverty.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by chucky234(m): 7:38am On Oct 22, 2012
acidosis™:

Is this a general madness or what? ?

A criminal stole money meant for a CHURCH and you all are asking why the church reacted? ? Is the money meant for you?? your relatives or your grandfathers??
Do you think a church with small auditorium as the Pentecostal church mentioned above can generate N1m from offerings and tithes on a single Sunday going by the location of the said church,if God can forgive a murderer why can't pastor forgive a thief who stole a pinch of money. Beside the boy couldn't make away with the money because of the senior pastor's intervention yet he was arrested and sentenced,its ridiculous and contradict the teachings of the bible that is suppose to guide our decisions.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by ifyalways(f): 7:40am On Oct 22, 2012
What would Jesus do?hand him over to the Pharisses or forgive, caution and help(if possible) him
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by NosaHenry(m): 7:49am On Oct 22, 2012
Everybody should be ready to face the consequent of his or her action. If the church conceal his crime and the man developed into a hardened criminal and start killing people will someone not blame the church
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by kachy: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2012
Coming to think of it, offerings belong to God. I believe God is more than capable to fight his own war. He does not need us to do that in His place. They could have prayed and counselled the young man to repent and turn a new leaf. Sending him to jail would rather worsen his personality to a full blown armed robber.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by victorD3: 8:15am On Oct 22, 2012
Caught trying to rob monies already robed
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by arism0902: 8:17am On Oct 22, 2012
Whoa! Are thieves supposed to steal from other thieves?[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/pc.gif[/img]
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Goldenheart(m): 8:17am On Oct 22, 2012
Hell is 4real !!! Accept Jesus as your
lord n saviour right now..........he loves you
so much more than u can
imagine, n he doesn't want u to
end up in that horrible place of
eternal torment... Please accept him. Hell is so mean n real.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by samkel(m): 8:18am On Oct 22, 2012
i love this, God proved himself mighty
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by albacete(m): 8:24am On Oct 22, 2012
Nosa-Henry:
Everybody should be ready to face the consequent of his or her action. If the church conceal his crime and the man developed into a hardened criminal and start killing people will someone not blame the church
[size=15pt]
+20
[/size]

kunletech:
d church is wrong by sending him to jail in accord to Holy Bible writen.
In d book of james, 'It said, brethren, if there is dispute among d brethren, they should settle it among themself.
But d action d church took is not a chritian pratice.
The bible sead forgive, but the church didn't follow.
It means the head or leaders of the church are false men of God.
[size=15pt]
LOL @ d bolded. I can't figure out how a criminal should be a brother to God's true children. If truly he is one of them, then he would have been assisted long ago.

@red font: When did d church become a law court to be sending people to jail?
If i hand over a criminal to d authorities and he gets a jail term, am i d one (or even d judge) that jailed him?
He was caught on d wrong side of the law, simple! He jailed himself.
Again, Did ur Bible not tell u to obey the laws of the land?
[/size]

1 Like

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by gbadexy(m): 8:28am On Oct 22, 2012
redsun:

Shut up,they can chose not to press charges.

Plus he could be a first and circumstantial offender that doesnt deserve jail term.
I believe they say there is prayer and counseling for such "demonic manipulation", they could have counseled him and try to reform him.
Where better could he have gotten help to reform if not the church according to their preaching.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 22, 2012
He's lucky that he didn't steal in an AlUU church

1 Like

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by SELFWORTH: 8:43am On Oct 22, 2012
redsun: So can a church send somebody to jail for stealing.forgiveness they are preaching? Hypocrites.
This is a stupid comment. Doesn't the bible say that the soul that sins shall die? He knew what he was doing. I take it many people here or their loved ones have never experienced any suffering at the hands of armed robbers in the middle of the night with a gun aimed at your mothers head. How could he not fear God? This is the kind of thing that ruined Nigeria. Citizens who break the law of the land should be forgiven without punishment and released back into society to commit more crimes. That is why your politicians keep going back to steal more money since they know they will be forgiven . I can't believe what I am reading. The wages of sin is death. .

1 Like

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by SELFWORTH: 8:54am On Oct 22, 2012
gbadexy:
I believe they say there is prayer and counseling for such "demonic manipulation", they could have counseled him and try to reform him.
Where better could he have gotten help to reform if not the church according to their preaching.
rubbish!!!! What is the deterrent for all other career criminals ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Jay Israel Calls Out Proff Ex & Ruth Matthew Over Alleged Missing Child / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. / Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.