Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos (14585 Views)

Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / MFM Fires 50 Pastors For Stealing Church Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by SELFWORTH: 8:55am On Oct 22, 2012
albacete:
[size=15pt]
+20
[/size] [/color

[color=#000099] [size=15pt]
LOL @ d bolded. I can't figure out how a criminal should be a brother to God's true children. If truly he is one of them, then he would have been assisted long ago.
@red font: When did d church become a law court to be sending people to jail?
If i hand over a criminal to d authorities and he gets a jail term, am i d one (or even d judge) that jailed him?
He was caught on d wrong side of the law, simple! He jailed himself.
Again, Did ur Bible not tell u to obey the laws of the land?
[/size]
thank u for this response

1 Like

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by SELFWORTH: 9:07am On Oct 22, 2012
lastpage: Every day for the Thief!

One day for the Owner!

But when caught on that "one day", "its always their FIRST TIME"! grin grin

In the "spirit of Christ", l would have expected that the church plead for leniency on his behalf (like a reduced sentence) if he can show that he is truly repented.

But why cant he just go to the Pastor or members of that church and "first" ask to be assisted?
If they refuse, then he might have a "little" justification ..... even before God who said we should help the needy!
HE might even just steal a small amount that would solve his immediate problem (like #500! grin ), just to show that he is not a "real thief" but just trying to "survive".
Awww, he thought he was smart and would not be caught!
I read that some years back in the "West", you could not be charged to court for stealing, "If" you took say some Groceries from the stall and walked up to the Till and showed the cashier that You want this stuff but wont pay for it because you had no money and you (or your kids) are hungry!
That is how "humanity" should operate.

Lastpage!
This is absolute madness . Next time an armed robber visits you and maim your family. I expect you to forgive them.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 22, 2012
redsun: So can a church send somebody to jail for stealing?Where is the forgiveness they are preaching? Hypocrites.

The lawcourt and the police sent him to jail. At least, there wasnt jungle justice.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by OmoTier1(m): 9:15am On Oct 22, 2012
redsun: So can a church send somebody to jail for stealing?Where is the forgiveness they are preaching? Hypocrites.
Maybe when a man claims to be a Christian, then goes about to ALUU you, such a man should also be set free
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by albacete(m): 9:18am On Oct 22, 2012
victorD3: Caught trying to rob monies already robed
arism0902: Whoa! Are thieves supposed to steal from other thieves?[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/pc.gif[/img]
[size=15pt]
Stop d generalisation. Nobody forced u to give offerings in church.
What are ur explanations for calling all pastors thieves? Have u been robbed by ALL d pastors in this country to come to such conclusions?
[/size]
kachy: Coming to think of it, offerings belong to God. I believe God is more than capable to fight his own war. He does not need us to do that in His place. They could have prayed and counselled the young man to repent and turn a new leaf. Sending him to jail would rather worsen his personality to a full blown armed robber.
If he has been going to church and applying THE word of God in his life, there wouldn't have been need for counselling. So i don't even think he is a church member.
Sending him to jail would rather worsen his personality to a full blown armed robber.

So we should amend d constitution and counsel criminals instead? Whatever happened to Reward and Punishment?
Whatever a man sows, that he shall reap. So says the Bible.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by fpeter(f): 9:21am On Oct 22, 2012
[@Horus]The robber was sent by Jesus himself because there is a financial crisis in heaven....... I feel sorry for folks like you that think Jesus is you grand father's agemate...be reminded that you must account for every idle word spoken in ignorance..may God forgive you.[center][/center]
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2012
The pastor could have collected the money quietly and let him go. "GO AND SIN NO MORE COULD HAVE WELL BEEN PRACTICED IN THAT SITUATION"
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by sunkoye: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2012
Jesus says" give unto ceaser wat is ceaser and God, wat is God." in this case, the suspect offends both man and God.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by CLIQBOY(m): 9:25am On Oct 22, 2012
Theben:
If na muslim, them go don follow Sharia law murder the guy or chop off his hands.
hmmm..but una dey preach forgiveness na..why dont you guys forgive the guy and open a shop for him since yhu want to show the world that you are generous
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by fm7070: 9:34am On Oct 22, 2012
Let's react with open mind.
Matt 6:14 - For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you
Matt 6:15 - But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive you trespasses

I'm sure the senior pastor is fully aware of this.
After arresting the guy with police. He must have stayed there for at least 2days before being charged to court.
He could still end the case there and use that opportunity to preach the word of God to the criminal. Maybe that will change him.

On the other side, if God should judge us (especially the men of God and even Christians as a whole) the way we judge others and even brethren, it will be too bad for us all. God is love, Jesus preached love. Do we truly show love?

Jesus' preaching is so clear on this and this situation has not gone beyong normal. Afterall, he didn't make away with any of the property.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by jude33084(m): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2012
fm7070: Let's react with open mind.
Matt 6:14 - For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you
Matt 6:15 - But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive you trespasses

I'm sure the senior pastor is fully aware of this.
After arresting the guy with police. He must have stayed there for at least 2days before being charged to court.
He could still end the case there and use that opportunity to preach the word of God to the criminal. Maybe that will change him.

On the other side, if God should judge us (especially the men of God and even Christians as a whole) the way we judge others and even brethren, it will be too bad for us all. God is love, Jesus preached love. Do we truly show love?

Jesus' preaching is so clear on this and this situation has not gone beyong normal. Afterall, he didn't make away with any of the property.

So because he couldn't excape aŋԂ was caught with τhe money makes him not guilty of stealing?
Mehnnn! We are all in trouble in Nigeria because of how our youth perceived issues cheesy
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by lastpage: 10:10am On Oct 22, 2012
SELFWORTH: This is absolute madness . Next time an armed robber visits you and maim your family. I expect you to forgive them.
You gat "comprehension problems"!

Read that post all over again... and you will agree that "l did not say he should be allowed to go scot-free".

"Leniency" and "Pardon" dont mean the same thing, Bro.

Lastpage!
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Horus(m): 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
There is a lot of hypocrisy on this forum: What is the difference between a pastor and a thief?
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by MrChris1(m): 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2012
Its best we leave it to GOD to judge. But what i don't understand is the fact that anything that has to do with crime from Drugs, Stealing, Rituals, Kidnapping & many others has to do with a particular region! I didn't mention any tribe before people label me as a tribalist! Sincerely, its not funny!
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by OluwadamilareO(m): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
redsun:

"God" works through man,just like devil work through man too.And what better way to spread the word of god than to forgive a hapless thief?

Or is it not the same bible that says somebody can be forgiven times without number you guys are following? And same bible that says thou shall not judge?
[/color][color=#000099]U are on point man
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by AkosaEmeka(m): 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2012
easy there tiger.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by pheyikemi: 1:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
gzib: The pastor could have collected the money quietly and let him go. "GO AND SIN NO MORE COULD HAVE WELL BEEN PRACTICED IN THAT SITUATION"
. Talk is cheap, as if u wud do dat if u were in d pastor's shoes.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by mamagee3(f): 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
Stealing from a church

Now that's someone that needs prayers
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by TippyTop(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
pheyikemi: . Talk is cheap, as if u wud do dat if u were in d pastor's shoes.

He would not do that because he is not a pastor.

1 Does the money belong to Pastor or God?

2 Are you saying offerings are for Pastors?

3 If the said money belongs to God why not let God be the judge?
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by albacete(m): 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mr. Chris:
Its best we leave it to GOD to judge. But what i don't understand is the fact that anything that has to do with crime from Drugs, Stealing, Rituals, Kidnapping & many others has to do with a particular region! I didn't mention any tribe before people label me as a tribalist! Sincerely, its not funny!
Tribalist! @ d bolded
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by ElijahAmah: 2:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
shymexx: Why should a guy be jailed for stealing in the church??

Till pastors show me proofs that tithes and offering actually go to heaven to God, they have no right to accuse any church member of stealing...

Pastors are the biggest thieves in the church!!

Quote me!!
nah u sabi
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by odohemma(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
SELFWORTH: This is absolute madness . Next time an armed robber visits you and maim your family. I expect you to forgive them.

And what is mad about that? Pope John Paul II forgave his attempted murderer and also pleaded for his release after he, Ali Agca was handed a lifetime behind bars.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by johndavid1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2012
funni enough...LoL
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Secondson: 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
D pastor didn't make a mistake bt i tink d judge wud ave reduce it 2 three mnths considering d guy's pleading n confesion
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by PosCaricature: 5:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
Incidence that happened Sept16, judgement has been passed in the court of law within one month. Whereas there are cases of embezzlement of billions of naira by some politicians still pending in courts for years. What a country!
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by ChideraFavour(m): 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
Yes I'm so hppy now 2 see d vry first time d nairalanders fully comment on a thread lik ds without been sentimental n tribalist,may God continue 2 enlighten us n foster unity in our heart
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by kemoolala: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2012

U sound like a thief too. He is not going to die in jail he would rather go there to suffer for d crime he committed if it were to be other religion na stone to death be d penalty.isn't God merciful enuf?
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by kemoolala: 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
redsun:

Who is the money main for?Jesus abi jet flying pastor?

The concepts that shape your belief as a christian are forgiveness and sacrifice and what better to prove it than forgive a hapless thief that didnt even succeed in actually stealing your ill gotten money,in a country where even the magistrate that sentenced him is an authority thief.

U must be an armed robber urself don't worry nemesis will soon catch up wit u too. Stealing is stealing, where and whom u stole from is not relevant here and every offence under law attract a certain punishment and stealing from church does not exempt u from such punishment.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by kemoolala: 7:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
mama-gee:
Stealing from a church

Now that's someone that needs prayers

There is a unit dat takes care of dat prayer aspect right in d prison infact they will visit him from time to time for excessive prayer session for him.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by JerrySho(m): 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
He dont need to be jailed but help him change his ways..judgement is not allow from human but from heven when its time....
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by homealone2(m): 7:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
Will a man rob God ?
Malachi 3 v 8
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by SELFWORTH: 8:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
lastpage:
You gat "comprehension problems"!Read that post all over again... and you will agree that "l did not say he should be allowed to go scot-free"b]"Leniency" and "Pardon" dont mean the same thing,[/b] Bro.
Lastpage!
I still think what u said does not make sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Jay Israel Calls Out Proff Ex & Ruth Matthew Over Alleged Missing Child / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. / Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.