Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko (4662 Views)

PDP Gov. Candidate Umar Nasko Conceeds Defeat, Congratulates Bello, The Winner / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat / JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by Itoroetti(m): 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ondo Guber: PDP accepts defeat, congratulates Mimiko 1

ABUJA- THE National Leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has accepted defeat and congratulated the Governor-elect in the Saturday Ondo State gubernatorial election, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko.

The PDP also commended the people of Ondo State for what it termed their emphatic rejection of tribalism and narrow political adventurism which it stressed were the hallmark of the campaign of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN in the just concluded gubernatorial election.

The PDP in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary on Sunday, Chief Olisa Metuh, however hailed its candidate, Chief Olusola Oke for his courage,determination and doggedness, adding, ‘’though the PDP was not declared the winner of the election, the Party was happy with the performance of its candidate “who obviously joined the race late.”

‘’ How better do Nigerians say no to the drumbeats of tribalism and political narrowness than what the people of Ondo have just done with their votes? It is a quantum forward leap for those who understand the dangers of undue manipulation of national diversity for narrow political whims and a huge set back, utter rejection for the champions of ethnic politics.

‘’While we commend, Chief OlusolaOke, his running mate, members and supporters of our party, we wish to also congratulate Chief Olusegun Mimiko on his victory. In spite, another lesson is here for the nation, especially the opposition political parties to draw from the commitment of ourgreat Party to the full entrenchment of the legacy of free, fair and credible polls.

“ Ostensible is the manifest unwavering devotion of President Goodluck Jonathan to the cause of democracy. He led the campaign of our Party to Ondo and promised free and fair election. Free and fair election hehas once more delivered.”

Also hailing the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC and the security agencies for the peaceful conduct of the polls, the PDP however urged ‘’them to learn from any observed loopholes so as to continue improving in future elections.’’
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/ondo-guber-pdp-accepts-defeat-congratulates-mimiko/

tank God PDP don accept defeat.
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by mike404(m): 9:29pm On Oct 21, 2012
WELL SAID
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by asala1: 10:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
Nice
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by Itoroetti(m): 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
Am happy for him,though am not from there,but i believe Tinubu should not kidnapped the entire south west.
Am of the opinion that fashola and osho baba are not performing because they are in ACN,but rather,the perform because of their personalities and credibilities.
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by easyfem(m): 6:15am On Oct 22, 2012
I don't knw diz ACN problem, 2nd position accept defeat , y 3rd D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ cry say e no go gree.. Do we need to scream b4 ACN knw dat we hate dem in ondo state huh

2 Likes

Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by Maxymilliano(m): 6:25am On Oct 22, 2012
What an apt definition of ACN as symbolized by Tinubu...
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by GentleNaaz(m): 6:38am On Oct 22, 2012
I notice 3 tnz
1. Election in naija is @ verge of free n fairness
2. PDP elites hv no oda option
3. Dat electn ws free, fair n credible
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by highlandre(m): 6:43am On Oct 22, 2012
It's becoming clearer that PDP is re-oriented. One, by presenting a very sound and credible candidate in form of Olusola Oke, and two, this display of sportsmanship by accepting defeat and congratulating LP's candidate, Gov Mimiko with whom they had keenly competed. I'm, however, surprised that A.C.N still feels there's something to be reviewed despite the purported free and fair nature of the election.

Tinubu should forget the personal vendetta against Mimiko and tell other party leaders to congratulate the LP candidate, who clearly and convincingly won the very competitive election. I'm sure Asiwaju, who went all the way to America for the Democratic party's National Convention learnt that in every election, there is a loser and a victor. It is in this spirit tha his party should accept this defeat in good faith and restrategize for the future. You win some, lose some: life says.

Congratulations to Mimiko

2 Likes

Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 22, 2012
PDP is gradually becoming a political paradigm for other parties to emulate. Accepting defeat when necessary and sharing manifestos to the winner in other to carry out the desires of the people of electorates. After all, I assume its not for personal enrichment, if ACN was in the election for the people of Ondo, I only assume its necessary for them to communicate their need for change and prospective manifestos to the Mimiko of a guy so he can implement them for the people of Ondo, unless it is another snare by the Asiwaju Company of Nigeria (ACN) to enrich the pocket of the greedy Lion of Bourdillon- the Awolowo wannabe.
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by rasputinn(m): 6:53am On Oct 22, 2012
Way to go
At least,our candidate performed well and trounced the noise makers from ACN to the second position.
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by robert2051(m): 7:14am On Oct 22, 2012
And for anyone that appreciates the realities of contemporary politics in 'print media', wait & read all the noise that 'THE NATION NEWSPAPER' will insist we swallow, where as 'online' i've not come across any claim of unfairness in the ondo electoral process!
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by Elueme: 8:01am On Oct 22, 2012
As I will always say. Time shall tell what ACN really are.. Nigerians will begin to see through to understand that PDP is better than them in a deeper sense now that a third party( LP) are involved. In the past people have become so resentful that they just didn't want to hear anything about PDP as such are biased with events sorrounding them, which however is not the way to go in a just society.
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by gandkiss: 8:03am On Oct 22, 2012
;DACN is a tribalistic party led by a greedy leader(TINUBU) who thinks he is AWOLOWO re-incarnate-azzhole
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 22, 2012
Congratulationz Iroko. Ur a pace seter, a jinx breaker. U av made history courtsy of yr connect wt dah people.
To Olusola Oke, eventhou i voted Labour Party, some of us believ in u. If only aketi wx yr opponent, u sure would av won. Ur very sound, mature and u also av d connect wt yr people bt MiMiKo deservz a second term. Contest in 2016 and victory wil be yourz. We voted MiMiKo, nt Labour Party.. We wil vote 4 u in 2016 and nt PDP.
To Akeredolu d political salez boy of Asiwajus Company of Nigeria, u av seen dt xternal forces cannot be compared to personal impact.of Oke & Mimiko. I love d fact dt u didnt come second.bt third. Accept d defeat and come back in 2020. stop being a salezboy, be a man. Atleast u av learnt some lessonz frm ds political tutelage. Go back home. Thank yr people 4 standing by u. Concede defeat and be a man. Dont let Tinubu dangle u around like hs Manhood. Oshiomole got a second term. Tinubu did 8 yearz. Fashola got a second term. Y wont u guyz allow Mimiko who is also doin well? God has allowed him.
Moral is: notwitstanding d oddz againzt u, if u depend on God d Father & not some GoDfaTher, u sure will get there..

1 Like

Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by tessyade: 8:36am On Oct 22, 2012
If this is actually from PDP then there are better days ahead of Nigeria. The days of do or die election is gone for good.
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by Fairgodwin(m): 8:56am On Oct 22, 2012
I am happy people are beginning to see and take ACN for what it is. That party (ACN) is NOT made up of saints; and before we criticise and condemn PDP (all the time), we should always have it at the back of our mind: that the party, ACN, is (50%) made up of former (aggrieved) PDP members.

We would soon see and realise that ACN is never the alternative we seek - as long as it's more or less a one man party. NB: we are all carried away by/with 'our' hatred for PDP thereby giving in to so much of ACN manipulation, of which the result(s) has been glaringly disappointing! While the ACN is becoming (or has become) a party of noise makers, the PDP is busy putting it's house in order and fielding credible candidates. The party, PDP, is really going through orientation and re-orientation (right now) - and believe me when I say, that party is going to overtake/overcome ACN, soon!
I love the way they behave and take things, I mean the way they accept defeat(s) and even congratulate their opponents this days - so sportsmanlike.
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by patrickmuf(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2012
Pdp were not in it to win, all they wanted was to make sure acn did not triumph...Pdp are still thesame just that in this case, victory for pdp was to see acn fail rather than themselve(pdp) winning...Don't be fooled
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by arm4u: 9:12am On Oct 22, 2012
Deleted
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by LordElNou: 9:27am On Oct 22, 2012
Thumbs up PDP!
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by LordElNou: 9:30am On Oct 22, 2012
Congratulations Mimiko. Thumbs up PDP! That's the spirit of sportsmanship we crave for in situations like the in the country.
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by tonymariao(m): 9:38am On Oct 22, 2012
l tink he should be addressed as mallam tinubu
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by takedat(m): 10:35am On Oct 22, 2012
Though I appreciate the rebellion displayed by the people of Ondo. If I happened to reside in Ondo I would have voted Mimiko. Its good that PDP conceded defeat and I feel ACN should follow suit cos the people of Ondo has spoken.

Why should the PDP bring the issue of tribalism because the last time I checked Oshiomhole won the Edo election on the platform of ACN and the people of Edo are not Yorubas.

Lastly, Olusola Oke has not conceded defeat. The last we heard from him was he's trying to appraise the election though that might be against the wish of his party just like the Edo PDP candidate.
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by takedat(m): 10:37am On Oct 22, 2012
Though I appreciate the rebellion displayed by the people of Ondo. If I happened to reside in Ondo I would have voted Mimiko. Its good that PDP conceded defeat and I feel ACN should follow suit cos the people of Ondo has spoken.

Why should the PDP bring the issue of tribalism because the last time I checked Oshiomhole won the Edo election on the platform of ACN and the people of Edo are not Yorubas. Till date Oshiomhole hasn't denounced his membership of ACN

Lastly, Olusola Oke has not conceded defeat. The last we heard from him was he's trying to appraise the election though that might be against the wish of his party just like the Edo PDP candidate.
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by femiseun1: 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
If u contest in a gubernatorial election and u can't win ur street or the polling booth where u voted. Then I think you should accept defeat and congratulate the winner grin
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
4.LP is an appendage of PDP.
Gentle Naaz: I notice 3 tnz
1. Election in naija is @ verge of free n fairness
2. PDP elites hv no oda option
3. Dat electn ws free, fair n credible
Re: PDP Accepts Defeat & Congratulates Mimiko by Vogue50: 9:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
We have improved tremendously in our electioneering processes. INEC is now being commended by political parties and unsuccessful candidates for conducting credible elections.
The ACN party should emulate the PDP by accepting defeat , extend spirit of comradeship and embrace credibility on the part of INEC.

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Picture Meme That No Jonathanian/pdp Delegates Can Answer. / NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing / Dr. Ben Carson Endorse Trump His Former Rival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.