Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo (4615 Views)

2015: Jonathan Will Win Across Board – PDP / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) / 2015, Jonathan's Posters Hit Abuja (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by ruggedboy01: 8:48am On Sep 29, 2014
BY GEOFFREY ANYANWU, AWKA ON SEPTEMBER 29,
· NATIONAL
• Okorie, Ohaneze disagree over adoption
A war of words broke out at the weekend in Awka,
Anambra State, during the Igbo Lecture Series
organized by Ohaneze Ndigbo to mark the 2014 Igbo
Day celebration. The National Chairman of United
Peoples Party (UPP), Chief Chekwas Okorie and the
acting President of the Ijaw National Congress,
Charles Ambaiowei, disagreed over Igbo’s support
for President Goodluck Jonathan’s presumed second
term ambition.
At the lecture which held at the Women Development
Centre, Awka, Chief Okorie had in his address which
received a loud ovation from the audience, resented
the unsolicited endorsement of Jonathan’s re-election
bid by the Igbo, stating that endorsing the President
without any negotiation or concrete promise to the
people of the South-East amounts to sycophancy.
Okorie wondered when and why Ndigbo suddenly
lost their bite, to the extent of following members of
other ethnic nationalities sheepishly without asking
questions or seeking to know what was in a game for
them. He said: “When I look around me, I see 1,000
Igbo men who are more qualified than Jonathan,
when I look again, I see more than 2,000 Igbo men
that are more qualified than Buhari and Atiku put
together. So, what are they telling us?
“My problem is not just that the Igbo have no good
leaders to negotiate for them, my main problem is
that they do not even have the teeth to bite any
longer.
The UPP boss, however, distanced himself from any
endorsement or adoption that President Jonathan
might have received from some Igbo leaders,
including Ohanaeze Ndigbo, stressing that his party
would field an Igbo presidential candidate next year.
He said, “I have nothing against Jonathan, but I
believe that we should negotiate before we adopt,
and not adopt before we negotiate. I don’t know
when Igbo grew this cold.”
But reacting to Okorie’s speech, Ambaiowei, who is a
former commissioner in Bayelsa State under
Jonathan as governor, said the UPP’s boss claims
were very far from the truth.
He said there was an existing partnership between
the Igbo and the Ijaw nation, urging Okorie and his
likes to rather think of how to utilize the said
relationship to consolidate their stay around the
corridors of power, with the hope of taking over from
Jonathan after 2019.
He said, “I was on my way coming here (Awka) when I
got a news alert on my phone that ‘Chekwas Okorie
blasts Jonathan,’ and later I was told that Chekwas
will be here and I said it will be good for me to see
him.
“What I am saying is that with the partnership we
already have between the Ijaw and the Igbo, we are
asking our brothers here to support Goodluck
Jonathan to complete his second term, and after
then, we will now ensure that Jonathan hands over to
the Igbo.”
However, President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo,
Gary Igariwey, reiterated the Ohaneze stand on the
matter, stating that though it was the turn of the Igbo
to produce the president, they would shelve their
aspiration if Jonathan declares interest.
He said he would not join issues with Okorie as he
(Okorie) is a respected Igbo son, and had spoken as a
politician he is. Igariwey said there was the need to
call on Igbo at home and in the Diaspora to join in
the collective struggle to build Igboland and make it
the pride of the Igbo.
Speaking to newsmen on the Igbo Day celebration
today, the President-General of World Igbo Congress
(WIC), Chief Nwachukwu Anakwenze, said it would
focus on calling on Igbo in the Diaspora to return.
home and help build up the Igbo nation

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=83844
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by naturally: 8:51am On Sep 29, 2014
How?
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 29, 2014
Chekwas Okorie is only seeking for attention and he's no different from other asslickers and sycophants who has gone to Aso Rock and didn't come back the same. Only one visit to the Presidential Villa, he and his party will endorse Jonathan with immediate effect.

Na today?

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Abagworo(m): 9:06am On Sep 29, 2014
Me and Chekwas Okorie have so much in common. This has been my view and will always be my view not only about Igbo but every group or nationality. I will forever love Rochas Okorocha for coming out bold to contest ans say no to Igbos being 4th class citizens in Nigeria. Let Theodore Orji, Iwuanyanwu, Chris Uba and Peter Obi continue with their bottom licking. Let them continue stripping middle aged Igbo independence activist to make ridicule of their own people in order to appease others. Let them keep lying against and blackmailing Okorocha for being upright and refusing to join the band wagon. Finally let them attack me for saying the truth.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Abagworo(m): 9:08am On Sep 29, 2014
berem: Chekwas Okorie is only seeking for attention and he's no different from other asslickers and sycophants who has gone to Aso Rock and didn't come back the same. Only one visit to the Presidential Villa, he and his party will endorse Jonathan with immediate effect.

Na today?

I don't think so. He is the founder of APGA before it was hijacked. Even if he finally adopts Jonathan, he has aired the view of the wise ones.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 29, 2014
Abagworo: Me and Chekwas Okorie have so much in common. This has been my view and will always be my view not only about Igbo but every group or nationality. I will forever love Rochas Okorocha for coming out bold to contest ans say no to Igbos being 4th class citizens in Nigeria. Let Theodore Orji, Iwuanyanwu, Chris Uba and Peter Obi continue with their bottom licking. Let them continue stripping middle aged Igbo independence activist to make ridicule of their own people in order to appease others. Let them keep lying against and blackmailing Okorocha for being upright and refusing to join the band wagon. Finally let them attack me for saying the truth.
Naa! You don't have anything in common with him. Wait till he is summoned in Aso Rock before you make any comparison. We have seen his likes make such comments and later they turn around and endorse Jonathan. He's only seeking for attention and he will be compensated for it.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Orunto: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2014
Chekwas Okorie is evil, a common witch and one of the remaining bokoharam is the South wherever. Igbos should ignore his ranting to be relevant. His ancestors incited satan against Jesus.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by revenge001: 9:22am On Sep 29, 2014
Chekwa shld go and die, he is an eediot
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by 2cato: 9:27am On Sep 29, 2014
Mention any igbo man that will be acceptable to the Yoruba and hawusa and edo people?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by revenge001: 9:34am On Sep 29, 2014
2cato: Mention any igbo man that will be acceptable to the Yoruba and hawusa and edo people?
and ur point is?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:37am On Sep 29, 2014
What was an Ijaw man doing in an Igbo gathering, to the extent of disputing the position of the lecturer, to push Jonathan's 2015 dream?
I must say this, even though I do e-bashing against them, I pity Igbo people on their being sidelined. Where did they, one of the three major groups get it wrong to the extent that a minority will be dictating for them?

14 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by revenge001: 9:37am On Sep 29, 2014
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by revenge001: 9:39am On Sep 29, 2014
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 29, 2014
Split Igbo on the pages of newspaper

90% of Igbos will vote Jonathan

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Pangea: 9:49am On Sep 29, 2014
Orunto: Chekwas Okorie is evil, a common witch and one of the remaining bokoharam is the South wherever. Igbos should ignore his ranting to be relevant. His ancestors incited satan against Jesus.

shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 29, 2014
IGBOS ARE FOR JONATHAN 100%.

IGBOS VOTED JONATHAN AND WILL VOTE HIM OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by thwarrior72: 10:40am On Sep 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: What was an Ijaw man doing in an Igbo gathering, to the extent of disputing the position of the lecturer, to push Jonathan's 2015 dream?
I must say this, even though I do e-bashing against them, I pity Igbo people on their being sidelined. Where did they, one of the three major groups get it wrong to the extent that a minority will be dictating for them?
If I hear igbo from ur mouth again, u will be sorry for ur tribe undecided undecided

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:46am On Sep 29, 2014
thwarrior72: If I hear igbo from ur mouth again, u will be sorry for ur tribe undecided undecided
I ma onye Orlando wu?
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Yeske2(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2014
I wonder why Ndigbo can't find someone capable to be President amongst themselves instead they are busy cowering behind the Ijaws and thinking GEJ would hand over the presidency to them and other Nigerians will siddon look. Continue your GEJ till 2050 and let's see who'll cry last. No wonder people say Ndigbo should leave politics for those who know how to play it and face making money which is what they know best.

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2014
mikeansy: Split Igbo on the pages of newspaper

90% of Igbos will vote Jonathan
Which useless 90% will vote for Jonathan. Nwokem speak for your household and not Igbo in general. Let me tell You: the day any major party fields an Igboman for Presidency then you will be shocked to see your paymaster GEJ lose the S/E. Afterall has he - Goodluck - not tasted power? Have the Ijaws nay Niger-Delta minorities not tasted power? What else do they want. Apart from the so called ministerial positon, what else have we gained from GEJ's government. Even in that sector, all we've received are embarrassments from the presidency. The sacking of people like the former minister of Power, Stella Oduah and Festus Odumegwu of the NPC just because some Yoruba's and Kwankwaso wanted them out. Even in the military and paramillitary do we currently have any serving Head of even a division after the unjust sack of Ihejirika. In the economic aspect what have we gained? The Enugu Int'I Airport is not even 50 percent completed. Do we have good Federal roads in the S/E. The Enugu - Onitsha road is the worst in the federation. The Enugu - P/H road which was only given a patch work is now filled with holes as big as a mine field, just as it were before. The Owerri/Aba road - which was part of the original Onitsha - Owerri - Aba road awarded by Obasanjo - was long abandoned, before Rochas started the Owerri section of that road. The Oguta sea port project has been abandoned while the Onitsha port is no better than a glorified warehouse. Even when the FG was siting state for the construction of refineries the S/E was ridiculously bypassed. Non oil states like Kogi and Lagos were chosen ahead of Imo and Abia. What have we gained? Nothing. The only think I think we have gained is being used as a sacrificial lamb for the Goodluck presidency by enemies of Ndigbo. Massacres and killings have been carried out on our people living in the north as revenge against Goodluck - Idiot's who should have channeled their onslaught on the President's kinsmen. Whenever GEJ fails to do anything meaningful, the Yoruba quickly blame us - as if Jonathan is an Igbo. For me, any Igboman that sell us for a pot of porridge is destined for a very big calamity and curse to his lineage. Haven't we supported Goodluck enough? We've supported him even when the chips were down. Despite not antagonistic during the fuel scarcity era, Ndigbo suffered more than other tribes during that period. How many tribe travel home in bulk during the festive period if not Igbos? Many of us who traveled home for the Christmas holiday couldn't return back to our base till February, those who did had to sell off valuable properties before they could leave the village. Have we not reciprocated him enough (at least for the burial of Eze gburu gburu Dim Ojukwu). If Goodluck means well for us, then he should shed his Political ambition and pick an Igboman - from Anioma to Obigbo, I don't care, as long as he has Igbo blood flowing in his vein - for Presidency in his place. Afterall all the civilian Presidents that have ruled this country from the days of Balewa have all been hand-picked. Even if fails to do so, then the ball is in our court to ensure that a someone of Igbo extraction emerges as President come 2015. Rochas, Utomi or Anybody that the cap fits.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by nduchucks: 11:02am On Sep 29, 2014
Chief Chekwas Okorie may be one of the few remaining sensible leaders of the Igbo extracion.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by vanbonattel: 11:04am On Sep 29, 2014
Abagworo: Me and Chekwas Okorie have so much in common. This has been my view and will always be my view not only about Igbo but every group or nationality. I will forever love Rochas Okorocha for coming out bold to contest ans say no to Igbos being 4th class citizens in Nigeria. Let Theodore Orji, Iwuanyanwu, Chris Uba and Peter Obi continue with their bottom licking. Let them continue stripping middle aged Igbo independence activist to make ridicule of their own people in order to appease others. Let them keep lying against and blackmailing Okorocha for being upright and refusing to join the band wagon. Finally let them attack me for saying the truth.

Rochas is only greedy and seeking his selfish interest, not helping the Igbos. Igbo might be worse if Mallam Okorocha rules, ask Imo people to tell you how he swindled us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by vanbonattel: 11:07am On Sep 29, 2014
Yeske2: I wonder why Ndigbo can't find someone capable to be President amongst themselves instead they are busy cowering behind the Ijaws and thinking GEJ would hand over the presidency to them and other Nigerians will siddon look. Continue your GEJ till 2050 and let's see who'll cry last. No wonder people say Ndigbo should leave politics for those who know how to play it and face making money which is what they know best.

An ijaw betrayer is always better than an Hausa fulani and yoruba killer.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 29, 2014
Chiwude: Which useless 90% will vote for Jonathan. Nwokem speak for your household and not Igbo in general. Let me tell You: the day any major party fields an Igboman for Presidency then you will be shocked to see your paymaster GEJ lose the S/E. Afterall has he - Goodluck - not tasted power? Have the Ijaws nay Niger-Delta minorities not tasted power? What else do they want. Apart from the so called ministerial positon, what else have we gained from GEJ's government. Even in that sector we received insults from the presidency. The sacking of people like the former minister of Power, Stella Oduah and Festus Odumegwu of the NPC just because some Yoruba's and Kwankwaso wanted them out. Even in the military and paramillitary do we currently have any serving Head of even a division after the unjust sack of Ihejirika. [b] In the economic aspect what have we gained? The Enugu Int'I Airport is not even 50 percent completed. Do we have good Federal roads in the S/E. The Enugu - Onitsha road is the worst in the federation. The Enugu - P/H road which was only given a patch work is now filled with holes as big as a mine field, just as it were before. The Owerri/Aba road - which was part of the original Onitsha - Owerri - Aba road awarded by Obasanjo - was long abandoned, before Rochas started the Owerri section of that road. The Oguta sea port project has been abandoned while the Onitsha port is no better than a glorified warehouse. Even when the FG was siting state for the construction of refineries the S/E was ridiculously bypassed. Non oil states like Kogi and Lagos were chosen ahead of Imo and Abia. What have we gained? Nothing. The only think I think we have gained is being used as a sacrificial lamb for the Goodluck presidency by enemies of Ndigbo. Massacres and killings have been carried out on our people living in the north as revenge against Goodluck. [/b] Whenever GEJ fails to do anything meaningful, the Yoruba quickly blame us - as if Jonathan is an Igbo. For me, any Igboman that sell us for a pot of porridge is destined for a very big calamity and curse to his lineage. Haven't we supported Goodluck enough? We've supported him even when the chips were down. Despite not antagonistic during the fuel scarcity era, Ndigbo suffered more than other tribes during that period. How many tribe travel home in bulk during the festive period if not Igbos? Many of us who traveled home for the Christmas holiday couldn't return back to our base till February, some person had to sell off valuable properties before they could leave the village. Have we not reciprocated him enough (at least for the burial of Eze gburu gburu Dim Ojukwu). If Goodluck means well for us, then he should shed his Political ambition and pick an Igboman - from Anioma or Obigbo, I don't care, as long as he has Igbo blood flowing in his vein - for Presidency in his place. Afterall all the civilian Presidents that have ruled this country from the days of Balewa have all been hand-picked.
The bold comments are reasons Igbo must not vote for Jonathan again!

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Yeske2(m): 11:14am On Sep 29, 2014
Chiwude: Which useless 90% will vote for Jonathan. Nwokem speak for your household and not Igbo in general. Let me tell You: the day any major party fields an Igboman for Presidency then you will be shocked to see your paymaster GEJ lose the S/E. Afterall has he - Goodluck - not tasted power? Have the Ijaws nay Niger-Delta minorities not tasted power? What else do they want. Apart from the so called ministerial positon, what else have we gained from GEJ's government. Even in that sector we received insults from the presidency. The sacking of people like the former minister of Power, Stella Oduah and Festus Odumegwu of the NPC just because some Yoruba's and Kwankwaso wanted them out. Even in the military and paramillitary do we currently have any serving Head of even a division after the unjust sack of Ihejirika. In the economic aspect what have we gained? The Enugu Int'I Airport is not even 50 percent completed. Do we have good Federal roads in the S/E. The Enugu - Onitsha road is the worst in the federation. The Enugu - P/H road which was only given a patch work is now filled with holes as big as a mine field, just as it were before. The Owerri/Aba road - which was part of the original Onitsha - Owerri - Aba road awarded by Obasanjo - was long abandoned, before Rochas started the Owerri section of that road. The Oguta sea port project has been abandoned while the Onitsha port is no better than a glorified warehouse. Even when the FG was siting state for the construction of refineries the S/E was ridiculously bypassed. Non oil states like Kogi and Lagos were chosen ahead of Imo and Abia. What have we gained? Nothing. The only think I think we have gained is being used as a sacrificial lamb for the Goodluck presidency by enemies of Ndigbo. Massacres and killings have been carried out on our people living in the north as revenge against Goodluck. Whenever GEJ fails to do anything meaningful, the Yoruba quickly blame us - as if Jonathan is an Igbo. For me, any Igboman that sell us for a pot of porridge is destined for a very big calamity and curse to his lineage. Haven't we supported Goodluck enough? We've supported him even when the chips were down. Despite not antagonistic during the fuel scarcity era, Ndigbo suffered more than other tribes during that period. How many tribe travel home in bulk during the festive period if not Igbos? Many of us who traveled home for the Christmas holiday couldn't return back to our base till February, some person had to sell off valuable properties before they could leave the village. Have we not reciprocated him enough (at least for the burial of Eze gburu gburu Dim Ojukwu). If Goodluck means well for us, then he should shed his Political ambition and pick an Igboman - from Anioma or Obigbo, I don't care, as long as he has Igbo blood flowing in his vein - for Presidency in his place. Afterall all the civilian Presidents that have ruled this country from the days of Balewa have all been hand-picked.
Nna, you've said it all and nothing More to add. I see this silly GEJ till eternity slogan and you think the SE is a Paradise now, check out Onitsha-Enugu expressway or is it Enugu- PH express do we talk about? Thank God OBJ finished Onitsha-Owerri before he Left.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Yeske2(m): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2014
vanbonattel:

An ijaw betrayer is always better than an Hausa fulani and yoruba killer.
Don't bring the Yoruba or Hausa into this, what stops Ndigbo from picking amongst ourselves or are we telling other group of Nigerians that we are incapable of ruling this country?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators / See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result / Can We Still Say That All Terrorists Are Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.