Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 (6470 Views)

Harry Potter And The Sorcerers Stone / Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! / Best Harry Potter Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by Seun(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2005
Hello,

Are you a muggle? Someone who doesn't know anything about the wizard world.
Or perhaps you're a s[b]quib[/b]? You know about and believe in magic but can't perform it!
Or maybe you're a wizard or witch? Someone who has magical powers? shocked

Anyway, if you're a fan of the J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series of books you're probably closest to being a squib, but that's only if the magic really exists. In does Harry Potter encourage witchcraft some people where of the opinion that it's hard for children to differentiate between the fantasy world of Harry Potter and the real world. Well, I disagree.

Half Blood Prince is the sixth book in the series, and I've been fortunate to read through it. All that I'll tell you about the book is that it's little more than a roller-coaster setup for Book 7 (like the SpiderMan 1 movie.) If Harry Potter 7 is not extremely good, J. K. Rowlings is going to be seen as a villian by people like me!

Anyway, here's an excerpt from the book:

[center]HARRY POTTER & THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE
Chapter 1: The Other Minister[/center]
<snip>
“To the Prime Minister of Muggles. Urgent we meet. Kindly respond
immediately. Sincerely, Fudge.”

The man in the painting looked inquiringly at the Prime Minister.

“Er,” said the Prime Minister, “listen... Its not a very good time for me ... I’m waiting for a telephone call, you see... from the President of —”

“That can be rearranged,” said the portrait at once. The Prime Minister’s heart sank. He had been afraid of that.

“But I really was rather hoping to speak —”

“We shall arrange for the President to forget to call. He will telephone tomorrow night instead,” said the little man. “Kindly respond immediately to Mr. Fudge.”

“I... oh ... very well,” said the Prime Minister weakly. “Yes, I’ll see Fudge.”

He hurried back to his desk, straightening his tie as he went. He had barely resumed his seat, and arranged his face into what he hoped was a relaxed and unfazed expression, when bright green flames burst into life in the empty grate beneath his marble mantelpiece. He watched, trying not to betray a flicker of surprise or alarm, as a portly man appeared within the flames, spinning as fast as a top. Seconds later, he had climbed out onto a rather fine antique rug, brushing ash from the sleeves of his long pin-striped cloak, a lime-green bowler hat in his hand.

“Ah... Prime Minister,” said Cornelius Fudge, striding forward with his hand outstretched. "Good to see you again."

Hurry up and buy the book from Amazon.com!. If you're living in Nigeria, contact me privately and I'll tell you how to get a copy wink.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by Motee(f): 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2005
could you believe that book 6 was sent online to a friend in a pdf format i think. Do not ask me how you can get it please!!!
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by hotangel2(f): 4:00am On Aug 06, 2005
not a potter fan. I have gotten so many offers from people to buy me the book...but i hate potter.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by emmlaura(m): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2005
i would like to read the book if given the oppotuinity... we only have local book shop around here,.

1 Like

Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by Latoya(f): 6:07am On Aug 09, 2005
I wuld rather see the movie than read the book
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by chairman: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2005
Emmlaura, I suggest you go to Book worms if you are in lagos, its at Ajose Adeogun street, in the shopping Complex before Oando. its actually the first structure on the street, i.e, if your'e coming from Eko Hotel. Was there last week, they got the book!
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by tcherokee(m): 12:40am On Aug 11, 2005
he he have the book, the e book in pdf format, don't ask me how i got it o. Anyway it is better to read the book than watch the film
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by ltaylor(f): 1:23pm On Oct 28, 2005
I love the Harry Potter books and films i think that they are super!
The Harry Potter book is 100 times better then the films but i still love them both and i play the compter games. which by the way are really good. Yes it is true i am mad. Harry Potter is just so good i am a Harry Potter fan as you may have guessed!* smiley[/color][color=#990000]

1 Like

Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by Scorpio(f): 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2005
i luv the Harry Potter books n movies, just don't have the time to read.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by pie1ect(m): 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2005
@Seun,
Everything is well set up for a terrific Book 7. And I won't find it funny if it is anything less than that.
What I find slightly odd is: 1). Dumbledore begged for his life when Snape was about to kill him ( note: Dumbledore will never do that under normal circumstances). And remember, there was no threat to Harry. Another thing is: who got to the Horcux(Salazar Slytherin's locket) before Harry and Dumbledore and placed the potion there?
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by HPGirl: 1:16am On Jan 10, 2006
cheesy Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is one of the best books that i have read. grin Who can hate Harry Potter?
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by WesleyanA(f): 1:32am On Jan 10, 2006
HP Girl:

Who can hate Harry Potter?

i can. . . . actually, i do.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by Todd(m): 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2006
Harry potter 7 is gonna be amazing. grin grin

Too bad it is 7 I kinda want more HP undecided

Ps emma watson=beautiful
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by Todd(m): 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2006
@pie1ect

pie1ect:

And remember, there was no threat to Harry. Another thing is: who got to the Horcux(Salazar Slytherin's locket) before Harry and Dumbledore and placed the potion there?

[size=14pt]No threat to harry?[/size] What, do you mean other than Malfoy, Snape, Greyback, and all of the other deatheaters there? Had harry attacked malfoy, he would of been seen, and been killed by snape, or greyback, or any of the other deatheaters. remember the prophecy saying roughly that eather harry had to kill voldemort, or he would be killed by voldemort. Dumbeldore knowing that if harry attacked malfoy, the other deatheaters, (obviously there were more from the dark mark sign) would come up and kill him (harry). obviously sacrificed his life for Harry's, (sorta)

ps emma watson=beautiful
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by yomflo(m): 12:45am On Feb 13, 2006
To be serious to y'all instead me reading the book or even watching the movie, i preferable play the Game on My Ps3,2,1 or PSP, or even on my game boy. you know why? because it makes me feel i'm the one in the adventure myself. cool
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by monie0078(f): 9:23pm On Feb 13, 2006
yomflo:

To be serious to y'all instead me reading the book or even watching the movie, i preferable play the Game on My Ps3,2,1 or PSP, or even on my game boy. you know why? because it makes me feel i'm the one in the adventure myself. cool

Wow yomflo, you actually 'own' a PS3? doing big things huh? lol.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by Outkast(f): 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2006
I actually cried after reading that book, been hooked since the first one came out.Can you imagine one of the most important figures dying?
I wonder what will be next
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by Seun(m): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2006
Yeah, Dumbledore's death was sad and it took me by surprise. Why did J K Rowlings have to kill him like that? angry
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by kneeyi(m): 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2006
i've not even read the 5th book nd theres the sixth.
actually i've the 4th book so if there is any one who as not yet read it,contact me if you also have something good to offer.
smiley kiss cheesy
who knows how i can contact nwoke pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by Amakah(f): 6:31pm On Apr 29, 2006
Nwoke,pls how can i get the volumes 1 to 6. I want to have a collection of Harry Potter.
motee,please can i get a copy too'send it to my mail address too. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by donmayor(m): 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2006
i got the whole 6 volumes on pdf format, if u want it just send me an im on my yahoo msngr - buari2001, i am not a regular on nairaland so i may never come here again.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by HUSH2(m): 8:57am On May 01, 2006
I'm reading da book right now and i'm pissed off now that i know dumbledore died

I'm in "a sluggish memory" ch.17

The whole series is fantastic though. I'm still looking for yr 1 and 2.

Please any1 who can send me a pdf of those will be 4eva cherished
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by Todd(m): 12:41am On May 02, 2006
i have some ideas about what is going to happen in the 7th book.
A) harry is the 7th Horcrux, so in order to kill voldemort, he has to die. remember harry has LOTS of qualities of voldemort. volldemort was going to make the 7th horcurx from killing harry. possibly he accidently turned harry into one.
-If that is true it is going to be the most evil end to a childs book series ever.

B) harry has to kill siriuses cousin, Snape, and possibly lucas malfoy.
C) bill or charlie (who ever got bitten by greyback) has to help kill greyback with lupin
D) one of the weaslys has to kill a Malfoy.
E) Authur wesely may get promoted bigtime.
F) hagrid and gawp and buckbeak/weither wings need revenge on Mcnair.
G) ginny weasly or hermione, if "A" is true, will figure it out what harry has to do before anyone else, (Minus Harry)
H) Lupin, charlie, ron, hermione, ginny, weezly twins, and Tonks have to survive.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by sexynes(f): 7:21am On May 25, 2006
First of all, I absolutely love Harry Potter. My whole family is obssessed.
@hotangel - You sound just like Draco Malfoy and the other Slytherins. LOL.
Meanwhile, I heard that a major character is going to die in book 7. I can't wait to find out who. I am already depressed just thinking about it and I also cried in book 6. I was so sad the whole day.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by djcrucifix(m): 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2006
i have read the whole series and the book six is as good as i thought it would be.dumbledore is dead,harry potter has to find the hocrucxes of lord voldemort and destroy it before he has a chance of deafeating him, snape is a wanted man because he killed dumbledore with the avadakedavra curse, mcgonagald is the new head mistress of hogwarts, and SO many things are going to happen in the final book.
I LOVE THIS BOOK.and i cant wait for the final book
and as for hotangel, do you have the talent to write a whole page of this book, i ain't dissing you but don't abuse what someone took ten years to write OK?
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by pucho(m): 8:05pm On Jun 15, 2006
please where can i download these ebooks free please
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by Badman888(m): 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2006
I think this is one of the dryest harry potter books i have read, she is just using name to sell the books right now.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by kellorah: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2006
i so hate harry potter and daniel radcliff makes it worse!
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by Orikinla(m): 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2006
Harry Potter is child's play compared to the extraordinary novels of the late Nigerian Amos Tutuola and his six novels published by Faber and Faber.

If only Faber and Faber promoted Amos Tutuola's novels widely, he would have been more famous before he died poor.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by jill(f): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2006
i got the harry potter and the half blood prince dirt cheap in mumbai, india. its amazing how these indians have a copy of everything and so cheap too. Got it for 75 rupees thats about 400 naira grin
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by djrandom(f): 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2006
kissI think Harry is cool. Plus, he's cute
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 6 by tosdami(m): 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2006
Sorry guys, I have to spoil ur business. I have all 6 books - would paste link to them soon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

###script* Independence Day Anchoring Script In Hindi / A Letter From Trypa To Her E-family N Friends In Nairaland / Unexpected Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.