Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Female Circumcision Part 2 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Female Circumcision Part 2 (1302 Views)

Understanding Female Circumcision And Its Effect On The Girl Child / Female Circumcision Still Pratice In Nigeria!!! / Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Circumcision Part 2 by Dreloaded(f): 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2008
Since Shapy's marriage thread was going off topic, I figured I'd continue my arguement in regards to this matter here.

I asked RichyBlack for the advantages of FC and here's what was presented

The arguments used to justify FGC vary; they range from health-related to social benefits:[34]

* maintenance of cleanliness
* maintenance of good health
* preservation of virginity
* enhancement of fertility
* prevention of promiscuity
* increase of matrimonial opportunities
* pursuance of aesthetics
* improvement of male sexual performance and pleasure
* promotion of social and political cohesion

[/quote]maintainance of cleanliness[quote]

Hogwash.

Good health

Lol good joke there. Never heard of FC helping with the immune system.

Preservation of Virginity

Biggest myth ever. Just because these women cant enjoy sex doesnt mean they wont have it. Do you people think most prostitutues actually ENJOY their "job"? They do it for what they can GAIN from it. If a circumsized woman thinks having sex will help her gain something from the other, she will still have it so thinking that hacking up a woman's body will stop her from sleeping around is sheer idiocy.

Enchancement of Fertility

Lmao. Im sure the Hispanics and the Irish owe FC for their 10-12 children families. I think you should give that credit to the Catholic Church.

prevention of promiscuity

Same explanation as "perserving virginity", if she will gain something from having sex, she will still have it, no matter how much you try to deprive her from enjoying it.

increasing matromonial opportunities

What the hell does this even mean?

pursuance of aesthetics

Yes because you know Vaginas are known as being on the front covers of Time/People magazine. *rolls eyes*

Improvement of male sexual performance and pleasure

I think you are confusing female circumsion with male circumcison here.

Either way here's a quote from the first theard by a man with a circumcised wife
My wife is a beautiful African woman with a mutilated clit, And with a mutilated sexuality thanks to people like JoshJosh, Who think that sex is just a men pleasure and as fast and furious as better,

He doesnt sound that happy to me and not once have I even heard this as an "advantage" unless of course this so called "improvement of male sexual performance" is due to teh fact that guy can fumble all he wants and the woman cant complain anyway since she's not even enjoying it in the first place.

promotion of social and political cohesion

Imcomprehensible hogwash. Anyone care to explain this to me.

Can anyone tell me how any SANE person can sincerely see FC as being a good thing for WOMEN?
Re: Female Circumcision Part 2 by omoge(f): 3:36pm On Jan 25, 2008
Any man that supports cutting/mutilating the seed of the cunt is SELFISH.
Re: Female Circumcision Part 2 by Dreloaded(f): 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2008
Are you sure about that? apparently it's for our benefit so it could look nice, cute and shiny. *rolls eyes*
Re: Female Circumcision Part 2 by amsky(m): 4:58pm On Jan 25, 2008
you again!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

relax okay.it's all good cool

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Nigerian Cute Baby Outfits. / Can You Marry A Lady Without Culture? / Olubadan Of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji Visits Former Head Of State Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.