Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Coping With Marital Finances - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Coping With Marital Finances (9353 Views)

Hello / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / Coping With A Beautiful, Loving, Helpful But A Nagging-Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coping With Marital Finances by inuyasha01(m): 9:36pm On Oct 22, 2012
Evening nairalanders,
there is a question bothering me all along,in the modern age which women are given ample opportunities in working and earning large sum of money,and those same women will depend soley on the husband(though literary the men must always which should always be so),but due to the modern world in which women to can work and earn money wouldn't it be nice to relieve the husband of some major burdens so as to foster their relationship.

Though its not a must for the woman to contribute but its selfish to keep up to 80000-120000 for your self and still demand from the husband even though she may be earning more than he does.

(Please Matured comments only)
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by 234GT(m): 7:36am On Oct 23, 2012
This is an issue that must be discussed thoroughly before marriage. If a working lady wants her husband to achieve reasonable things in life, she must not put all the financial burden on him.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 23, 2012
^^^^ IF THE LADY IS EMPLOYED THEN SHE MUST CONTRIBUTE FINANCIALLY TO THE FAMILY WELFARE, the question is how much?

1 Like

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 23, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ IF THE LADY IS EMPLOYED THEN SHE MUST CONTRIBUTE FINANCIALLY TO THE FAMILY WELFARE, the question is how much?

IMO It depends on how much the lady makes, calculate the household expenses for example say in a month everything is $10k then the couple will share it 50/50 or 40/60, like I said it depends, and sometimes when the woman makes more she will carry the most expenses,

everybody has a plan or goal in life they'd like to accomplish as an individual(I think)besides having a family

and what I will not take (for my own brothers), I will not do for another person's son.

Also it depends on the type of lifestyle they choose to live, I think there is a thread familiar to this topic but different approach tho, all the same nice writeup.

2 Likes

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 23, 2012
^^^^ what the wife makes is irrelevant as she STILL must contribute financially to the family, imho.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by AzaMontana(f): 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
if both parties are employed i do not see the reason why they should not assist each other in running the household financial matters. otherwise why are the others emplo angryyed
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by slimming: 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2012
Both parties supplement one another is for the best.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2012
Shared responsibilities, Shared benefits
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ IF THE LADY IS EMPLOYED THEN SHE MUST CONTRIBUTE FINANCIALLY TO THE FAMILY WELFARE, the question is how much?

I totally agree with you but it all depends on how much each spouse makes that'll determine how much to contribute .
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 25, 2012
jidegirl12: I totally agree with you but it all depends on how much each spouse makes that'll determine how much to contribute .

but she SHOULD contribute financially, regardless of the amount she makes.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 25, 2012
inuyasha01: Evening nairalanders, there is a question bothering me all along,in the modern age which women are given ample opportunities in working and earning large sum of money,and those same women will depend soley on the husband(though literary the men must always which should always be so),but due to the modern world in which women to can work and earn money wouldn't it be 9ce to relieve the husband of some major burdens so as to foster their relationship,though its not a must for the woman to contribute but its selfish to keep up to 8000 for your self and still demand from the husband even though she may be earning more than he does. (Please Matured comments only)
dont forget its a mordern world where men still feel cooking and child-rearing is only for the woman. you cannot expect a woman to go all out for you whn u dont know the meaning of gender equality. its very stupid for a man to think that a woman can work a 12-hour day, come back home feed the whole family, make sure the kids do their school work, bath and go to bed, go to her room give her husband the best performance he has ever seen in his life and wake up on time the next day to clean the house, cook for every one and go to work on time! maybe if you stop treating women like your father's slaves, they might treat you in a different way

14 Likes

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 25, 2012
I don't understand why we can't share finances 50/50. Why we can't have a joint account?? Why our money can't be our money and one??

Oh, same goes for house hold chores, 50/50. Work as a team to achieve the best both of u can.

5 Likes

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 25, 2012
Shollypopz: I don't understand why we can't share finances 50/50. Why we can't have a joint account?? Why our money can't be our money and one??

Oh, same goes for house hold chores, 50/50. Work as a team to achieve the best both of u can.
thanks
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 25, 2012
mondi_cheeks:
dont forget its a mordern world where men still feel cooking and child-rearing is only for the woman. you cannot expect a woman to go all out for you whn u dont know the meaning of gender equality. its very stupid for a man to think that a woman can work a 12-hour day, come back home feed the whole family, make sure the kids do their school work, bath and go to bed, go to her room give her husband the best performance he has ever seen in his life and wake up on time the next day to clean the house, cook for every one and go to work on time! maybe if you stop treating women like your father's slaves, they might treat you in a different way

the above in bold is not a woman, thats the definition of WONDER WOMAN!!!!

1 Like

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 25, 2012
I suggest financial obligations should be shared IF they are both employed,with man contributing more than the woman
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by obi123: 11:45am On Oct 25, 2012
you wonder what exactly is the role of men these days , boyfriend , husband all want you to treat them like kings, cook ,clean , take care of them,the kids,the house , sex, suck up to his family but when its time to discuss financial issues then the topic of equality comes up.

4 Likes

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 25, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

tell 'em oh! I wonder which woman in this age doz that when all i see is employment of nannies in addition to live-in househelps

1 Like

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 25, 2012
binger: I suggest financial obligations should be shared IF they are both employed,with man contributing more than the woman

may i ask WHY you believe that, if both are gainfully employed, the man should pay more than the woman?
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 25, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

wch is why men should stop thinking women r comic book superbeings...its common sense, if u want her to contribute jus as much financially, a man has to contribute jus as much with the cleaning and child-rearing
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Skipfr(m): 11:54am On Oct 25, 2012
For me o, if both of dem r workng I wil always advice that d man takes up d capital expenditure while d wman handles d recurrent
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 25, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

may i ask WHY you believe that, if both are gainfully employed, the man should pay more than the woman?
her doesnt push a 5 pound baby out of a va-gina, neither does he spends sleepless nights after tht child is born
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
2heads are better than one. If one head is taking all the finacial responsibility by earning salary then he or she go soon develop HBP that will take away his or her soul in few time. But if its good business that fetch him or her good and reasonable cash then there's nothing wrong in taking 70percent of the responsibility while the other party take care of the remaining 30. Thats why we are partners.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
kinessprolific: Secretly Check Your Partner's Phone And Email. Mobile phones. If you are an investigator looking to uncover the truth Or a concerned parent worried about cell phone activities of your children this cell phone monitoring software is ideal for you.

Uncover them in 5 minutes by reading everything on their cell phone

Watch Them
Read SMS
Read emails
Read IM
View Address Book

Track Them

Bug their room
Locations on a map
View their habits
Listen to phone calls
Record conversations
Generate Evidence
Search Keywords
Undetectable

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW
If your partner is sleeping with someone else.
This is an affordable way to get to the truth.

Supported Phones and Device
Nokia Phones
Android Phones
Black Berry
Windows Mobile
Galaxy Tab
iPhone

Contact us sales@kinessprolific.com
YOU DESERVED TO BE BAN
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by pecopeco: 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
inuyasha01: Evening nairalanders,
there is a question bothering me all along,in the modern age which women are given ample opportunities in working and earning large sum of money,and those same women will depend soley on the husband(though literary the men must always which should always be so),but due to the modern world in which women to can work and earn money wouldn't it be nice to relieve the husband of some major burdens so as to foster their relationship.

Though its not a must for the woman to contribute but its selfish to keep up to 8000 for your self and still demand from the husband even though she may be earning more than he does.

(Please Matured comments only)
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by DeGenius3(m): 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2012
the husband and wife should help each other at home financially.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
De-Genius:
the husband and wife should help each other at home financially.
and the house chores and child-rearing. who is that left for?

2 Likes

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by free2ryhme: 12:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
234GT: This is an issue that must be discussed thoroughly before marriage. If a working lady wants her husband to achieve reasonable things in life, she must not put all the financial burden on him.

well said!!
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by maureen44(f): 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
[quote author=mondi_cheeks]
dont forget its a mordern world where men still feel cooking and child-rearing is only for the woman. you cannot expect a woman to go all out for you whn u dont know the meaning of gender equality. its very stupid for a man to think that a woman can work a 12-hour day, come back home feed the whole family, make sure the kids do their school work, bath and go to bed, go to her room give her husband the best performance he has ever seen in his life and wake up on time the next day to clean the house, cook for every one and go to work on time! maybe if you stop treating women like your father's slaves, they might treat you in a different way.

My dear you are one in a billion. I wonder y men are lazy these days. Given excuses for their inability to live up to their responsibilities.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by free2ryhme: 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2012

the question is now how much but be realistic as the situation affects the family. she has to continually give her full support to her family(husband) in no small measure then best way she can even with her finances.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by obi123: 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
mondi_cheeks: and the house chores and child-rearing. who is that left for?
your way shall never be narrow mondi_cheeks IJN, very valid question indeed , men claim equality when it benefits them and this is not just fair .

1 Like

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by richfaxy: 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
It should have been thoroughly discussed before marriage.
If the lady is working, i feel that they should share the finances in a ratio, that ratio will be dependent on how much each party earns and any other project either party wants to embark on (house, car or business).
if the wife wants the family to have projects(house), dosnt want the man to grow old before his time, have hypertension, steal or do things frowned at by the society then she should be a HELPMATE (to the husband) as stated in the BIBLE
But the man also should assist the woman in some of the house chores esp where there is no house help.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Problems of Polygamous Families / Pls Help,my Maid Has Turned Into A Lesbian.how Do I Handle This? / He Practically Changed After I Got Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.