Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,299 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? (7537 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by sylve11: 11:10am On Nov 11, 2012
Are they not the children of God? Or were they created by baa'l? Of course they can tithe! grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 11, 2012
IMHO, i think all sinners are not suppose to pay tithe. be it LovePeddler, robbers, etc. Any money gotten in a wrong way is unacceptable to God as tithe. They might pay it but God wil not accept it

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by bakila: 11:20am On Nov 11, 2012
Pastor Kun:

So you have screened all the women that patronise CEC and you were able to determine there are no sex workers amongst them.
LOL at patronise.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 11, 2012
Joagbaje: Tithe Is acceptable From those Who serve God. A sexworker is Not serving God.

With reference to your quote are military men actually serving God? Just wondering!

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by stagger: 11:29am On Nov 11, 2012
BedLam: Someone closed to me asked me this question on sunday when the pastor was hammering on TITHE. i couldnt give an answer because no one had never brought to my intention. considering that the the job itself is a sin, can he/she pay tithe?

Have you not seen where God rejected offerings? Cain, Saul, etc. Your tithe only works when you are in God's will. Of course paying tithes from ill-gotten money will definitely bring a curse and not a blessing.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by sugardaddy1(m): 11:35am On Nov 11, 2012
It is this "tithe" thing that is driving a lot of criminal-minded individuals to claim "God's calling" and own churches these days. To such category of preachers, the source of the tithe is immaterial.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 11, 2012
Upright750: Please where is this tithe going to. Is it to the pastor or to the G.O . I really need u guys advise on this for me to made up my mind to pay or not for me to use the money to the right please than to give tithe to private jet owner.

We all have different understanding of this issue of tithe ma brother. But what I will say here is, you obey and pay according to what your bible says, cos not until your own righteousness has been fulfilled the blessings behind tithe paying can never be yours.

The reason why most people don't pay tithe is simply because they think and belief it's meant for the Pastors(wrong motive).

And as for where the tithes are going to... First of all let me re-paint the picture of what tithe look like;

-A tithe may be in form of physical cash, or any other material things. Tithe isn't limited to Money alone as most of us may think.

Most churches also pay tithes. How? To charity homes. They also use it for church growth & development and the rest of it may be saved to the church account for unforeseen circumstances .

Mind you, God will never come down an ask any Pastor to bring physical cash to offer him praise. Can you imagine the CEO of 'coca-cola' begging for a bottle of Coke? No! In the same vein, God is never in need of anything from us, but we humans will always depend on Him for everything.

My conclusion; The tithes we pay in church are been used for the Glory of God and if any Pastor tampers with it... Only God can judge that. You do your own part. Only then you can be assure of the blessings behind tithe paying.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by sugardaddy1(m): 11:42am On Nov 11, 2012
Deuteronomy 14:22-29
New International Version (NIV)
Tithes

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26  Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by acidtalk: 11:42am On Nov 11, 2012
Why Not?
All these Pastors no get shame and fear of God.

Afterall they take tithe from armed robbers, fraudtars, ritualist, corrupt polical office holders so why can't they take from love peddlers?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 11, 2012
acidtalk: Why Not?
All these Pastors no get shame and fear of God.

Afterall they take tithe from armed robbers, fraudtars, ritualist, corrupt polical office holders so why can't they take from love peddlers?

Not all! Remember God actually called some people, some called themselves while some their 'Belly'(Hunger) called them.

I think your point belong to those who called themselves and those called by their 'Belly'.
smiley
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by jhydebaba(m): 12:09pm On Nov 11, 2012
Its tithe time in my place of worship, can I still pay it
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by dimcee(f): 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
Imanuelle: Make she keep her money!

She won't get to 'heaven' so what's the need?
does tithe make someone to get to heaven?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Amazondepth(m): 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
Is it because they are labelled?wat of all those girls wey dey sleep around then come form holy on sundays?what of the men themselves who patronise these girls?the sin of d flesh is d identity of mankind,whether u get paid for sex or u r d payer or u just self service,any so-called pastor wey come form holier than thou here and claim the gurls shldnt tithe are just hypocrites with big logs in their eyes tryn to remove a tiny spec in someone elses eyes.if na by sin of flesh,less than 2% of humanity will pay tithes and pastors go die of hungriness.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by sugardaddy1(m): 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
If lovepeddlers don't pay tithe, how will the fund for private jets be realized?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2012
kunletiwoo:
My conclusion; The tithes we pay in church are been used for the Glory of God and if any Pastor tampers with it... Only God can judge that. You do your own part. Only then you can be assure of the blessings behind tithe paying. [/color]

When the politicians steal and misuse your taxes, do you not raise questions?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
kunletiwoo:

Not all! Remember God actually called some people, some called themselves while some their 'Belly'(Hunger) called them.

I think your point belong to those who called themselves and those called by their 'Belly'.
smiley

Ok. would you kindly give us the name of one pastor in nigeria who collects tithes that God called?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
Imanuelle: Make she keep her money!

She won't get to 'heaven' so what's the need?
some pros.titute would make heaven while some pastors would be condemned. It's not for you to judge.

Remember the story of the harlot with the alabaster box, what money do you think was used in buying the ointment.

44 And he turned to the
woman, and said unto Simon: Seest thou this
woman? I entered into thine house, thou
gavest me no water for my feet, but she
hath washed my feet with tears, and
wiped them with the hairs of her head. 45
Thou gavest me no kiss, but this woman
since the time I came in hath not ceased
to kiss my feet. 46 My head with oil thou
didst not anoint, but this woman hath
anointed my feet with ointment.
47 Wherefore I say unto thee: Her sins,
which are many, are forgiven; for she loved
much, but to whom little is forgiven, the same
loveth little. 48 And he said unto her: Thy sins
are forgiven.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by iykak47: 1:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
Julesbloom: IMHO, i think all sinners are not suppose to pay tithe. be it LovePeddler, robbers, etc. Any money gotten in a wrong way is unacceptable to God as tithe. They might pay it but God wil not accept it
Are you God spokesman?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2012
uhonmora:

Ok. please give me the name of one pastor in nigeria that God called so that I can pay my tithes to his church..

I'm sorry! I'm not here to mention names neither am I here to argue. Happy Sunday bro!!! smiley
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
Upright750: Please where is this tithe going to. Is it to the pastor or to the G.O . I really need u guys advise on this for me to made up my mind to pay or not for me to use the money to the right please than to give tithe to private jet owner.
What kind of questions is this, why you know ask your pastor. Atleast, you have a right to know.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by dnawah(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
Abel and Cain tight were not d same.GOD rejected 1 and took 1(and blessed the owner)now if people like that pay tight is it 4 God to bless them with more customers and protect them 4rm HIV or what?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
uhonmora:

When the politicians steal and misuse your taxes, do you not raise questions?
If truly you read meaning to my comment, you'll understand that I'm NOT against the question.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
saxywale:
What kind of questions is this, why you know ask your pastor. Atleast, you have a right to know.
1, 000 000 likes.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
kunletiwoo:

I'm sorry! I'm not here to mention names neither am I here to argue. Happy Sunday bro!!! smiley

Lol. Take care.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2012
uhonmora:

Lol.
wink wink wink
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2012
@iykak47, am God's representative on earth....
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
Joagbaje:

There's no sex worker in CEC. Its only from your mouth such dirty talk is vomited .
?
...why r u bin so defensive? If truth be told,there is a sex worker in practically every church; any man or woman who exchanges sex for cash is a sex worker (irrespective of wether full-time or part-time).
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by iykak47: 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2012
dnawah: Abel and Cain tight were not d same.GOD rejected 1 and took 1(and blessed the owner)now if people like that pay tight is it 4 God to bless them with more customers and protect them 4rm HIV or what?
God is not man his ways is different from yours, he forgives whoever he wishes to forgive.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by Joagbaje(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2012
kunletiwoo:

Yes, we all are serving the same God, buh the source of what you are serve God with must be clean cos our God is Holy.

Deuteronomy 23:18
You must not bring the earnings of a female prostitute or of a male prostitute into the house of the Lord your God to pay any vow, because the Lord your God detests them both..
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by onyxo76(m): 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
This is quite straight forward,are you living right before God? If you are love pedler, robber or involved in some shaddy lifestyle, you are not glorifing God hence your offering or tithe is not acceptable. Even the scripture tells us to mend fences with those we have issues with before bringing any gift to the altar. The pastor may not know what you do outside and may accept the offering but before God your offering will bring nothing.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by onyxo76(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
Joagbaje:

Deuteronomy 23:18
You must not bring the earnings of a female prostitute or of a male prostitute into the house of the Lord your God to pay any vow, because the Lord your God detests them both..
thanks for the scriture I was actually looking for the verse to back up my earlier post.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe? by honestivo(m): 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2012
zangiff: The prayer of a sinner or sex addict is likea filthy rag in his eyes
christ died for sinners so if u no ur tithe is d most righteous stone d tithe of d lovpedler let c

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

@speech #speech Speech* Hindi Diwas Speech For School / Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. / When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.