Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,845 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri (22553 Views)

Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / STOWAWAY: Teenage Boy Found In Arik Aircraft Wheel (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Femzy24: 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2012
The wave of terror attacks in Nigeria on Tuesday took a new turn as a suicide bomber attempted to blow up an Arik Air plane flying from Maiduguri to Abuja.

A suspected member of the Boko Haram sect who had boarded in Maiduguri, Borno State got up midair and told all the passengers to say their last prayers. As he brought out the explosive device, he disclosed that his main targets were the white people in the aircraft.

The explosive device however failed to detonate before the plane landed in Abuja. Police bomb experts moved in and the terrorist was arrested when the plane touched down in Abuja.

The attempt on the airline has shown the dynamism of the dreaded Islamist sect. Meanwhile, the Joint Task Force had earlier hinted that the sect has plans to launch attacks on Sallah day.

http://news.naij.com/12561.html

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by MurphyT1: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
shocked shocked we need to improve security in the airport o...thank God for his grace...
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by ITbomb(m): 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
Where else do we run for safety . O my country , now we would be mourning
But this story get as e be, do white men still go to Borno state, where even Jonathan fear to go

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by bubadaniel13: 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
Thank God the danger is averted,we should all be security conscious to defeat this enemy called Boko Haram,we must watch each other's back..

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by SkyBlue1: 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
Abeg any other source? This is not funny. Did the passengers at least touch him up a little? Because if that was me in that plane I don't know if I wouldn't have joined in. Can you imagine? This is a very dangerous precedence o

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
Just another Muttalab failed mission! Did he also put the bomb in his panties? God don catch am for this one! Awon Oloriburuku! angry

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by GARRIx7(m): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
A suspected member of the Boko Haram sect who had boarded in Maiduguri, Borno State got up midair and told all the passengers to say their last prayers. As he brought out the explosive device, he disclosed that his main targets were the white people in the aircraft.

grin grin grin grin grin

Are Terrorists so FOOLISH??

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Sijo01(f): 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
When will all these scavengers repent ?
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by SkyBlue1: 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
Honestly speaking, Maiduguri he was flying from practises sharia. If they decide to do public flogging I wouldn't mind watching him flogged properly, I mean can you imagine? I am just putting myself in the shoes of the people on that plane and I am quite outraged to be frank! What did innocent passengers do to boko haram? NASS should summon the executive and demand updates to this so called 'war on terror' because honestly speaking the idea that we have even started considering bombing internal flights is very worrying. What has happened with all the people that have or were meant to have been arrested? Does governors and so called senators that were reported to be entangled in the whole brouhaha. . .

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Femzy24: 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
it so sad dat despite the efforts recorded and level of success achieved by security agencies, other agencies are not doing same atleast to do contribute their little quota..if the airport security and authority carried out their duties judiciously, this wud hav bin averted...may God continue to help us.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by mike404(m): 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2012
Number 72

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Pamperme: 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
Heard from someone who was on that flight that the 'aboki' decided to pray on board and started chanting... So of course, people felt he wanted to blow the plane off...
The crew alerted security and the man was arrested after landing in Abuja... He didnt have any bomb on him.

What amuses me really is the fact that passengers on board were shouting Jesus, Jesus... and didnt bother to overpower the so called 'terrorist'

8 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Omen100(m): 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
mike404: Number 72

what about number 72? undecided
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Stallion77(f): 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
[size=14pt]Na only failed attacks we go dey hear about from BH henceforth! Say an Amen to that![/size]

18 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Born2beRich1(m): 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
Is this not SHAMEFULL...See how these people are disgracing everyone in this country..If they attack on salah day then i know that this people dont even respect their own religious believes becos that day suppose to be peaceful... embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by crowaddy(m): 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
Pamperme: Heard from someone who was on that flight that the 'aboki' decided to pray on board and started chanting... So of course, people felt he wanted to blow the plane off...
The crew alerted security and the man was arrested after landing in Abuja... He didnt have any bomb on him.

What amuses me really is the fact that passengers on board were shouting Jesus, Jesus... and didnt bother to overpower the so called 'terrorist'

Yes Mr Man.

Jesus came through for them that is why the so called passenger is living to make a mockery out of it

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by redsun(m): 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
Pamperme: Heard from someone who was on that flight that the 'aboki' decided to pray on board and started chanting... So of course, people felt he wanted to blow the plane off...

grin grin grin

Crazy people.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Okijajuju1(m): 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
WAT!!!!!

How did that guy land Abuja alife?! The bomb no explode and people just fasten their seatbelt like say them dey fly through turbulence..

You mean that they didnt ALUU that guy inside that plane?!

May God have mercy...

I am angry here.. Make una check well abeg.. So that guy no chop milehigh beating?! angry

Omo e be like this ALUU Boys matter don make Nigerians in general to humble o!!

I would have slit his throat.. Afterall, na die we wan die already..

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Paentera(m): 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
Femzy24: The wave of terror attacks in Nigeria on Tuesday took a new turn as a suicide bomber attempted to blow up an Arik Air plane flying from Maiduguri to Abuja.

The explosive device however failed to detonate before the plane landed in Abuja. Police bomb experts moved in and the terrorist was arrested when the plane touched down in Abuja.

The attempt on the airline has shown the dynamism of the dreaded Islamist sect. Meanwhile, the Joint Task Force had earlier hinted that the sect has plans to launch attacks on Sallah day.

http://news.naij.com/12561.html

More money for Airport security - won't mind aiming for some juicy contracts in that sector!
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by CuntDestroyer: 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
daft niggaz
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by mrjangola(m): 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
grin bokoo haram is d militant wing of islam in nigeria. bokoo haram is d militant wing of islam in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Omen100(m): 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
[quote author=Pamperme]Heard from someone who was on that flight that the 'aboki' decided to pray on board and started chanting... So of course, people felt he wanted to blow the plane off...

if na u urko?
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2012
That's someone they should have "ALUUed" right on the spot (the moment his explosives failed to go off). angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by tomakint: 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2012
Men, when will all these BS end?
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by omiobo: 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2012
Thank God!
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Omen100(m): 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
Okija_juju: WAT!!!!!

How did that guy land Abuja alife?! The bomb no explode and people just fasten their seatbelt like say them dey fly through turbulence..

You mean that they didnt ALUU that guy inside that plane?!

May God have mercy...

I am angry here.. Make una check well abeg.. So that guy no chop milehigh beating?! angry

Omo e be like this ALUU Boys matter don make Nigerians in general to humble o!!

I would have slit his throat.. Afterall, na die we wan die already..

ALUU BUGGER grin grin grin
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by CuntDestroyer: 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
its about time all airlines stop flying down there. let their elites(who are the only ones who could afford to fly in the first place) go by road.

shekina

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by ayee001: 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
I'll like to confirm this from another link. This is a big news, it should be all over by now.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
This is wrong on so many levels. This goes to show how poor our security level is. If the airport a working body and baggage scanner, the bomb would have been detected and the guy arrested before he even thought of boarding the plane.

I don't understand this Boko Haram? What do they hope to achieve out of all these terror? thank God the bastarrd was caught...oloriburuku omo ale...mschew
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Pamperme: 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
[quote author=Omen100][/quote]

After typing that, i told myself that as a 'normal nigerian' i would probably be shouting Jesus and saying "mogbe" at the same time too. grin grin grin lol
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Super1759: 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2012
I hate hearing such rubbish news. How did he get into the plane with the device?
The mumu was even introducing himself,mchewwwwww.
Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 23, 2012
Oh my Jesus! Isn't that Divine Intervention...God is good,this is miraculous,unprecedented,amazing...hw can this nt be the Finger of God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Loses Latest Attempt To Stop CCT Trial.... Pic Attached. / Adamma Okpara Visits Okezie Ikpeazu (pics) / CAN Reject El-Rufai's Suggestion Of Inviting Foreign Mechenaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.