Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi (1087 Views)

What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? / Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by ednut1(m): 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2012
wats ur take on some church goer gals who say dey cant hav abortion cos of religion, yet forgeting dat fornication is a sin too, smh
Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by ITbomb(m): 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2012
Just like those catholic girls would say pls don't use condom it is against our doctrine , just enter like that.
Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 23, 2012
ITbomb: Just like those catholic girls would say pls don't use condom it is against our doctrine , just enter like that.
kai... or ____ers will say 'pls, i'll pay you later, i've not paid my tithes'...
Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by God4moi: 12:48am On Oct 24, 2012
ITbomb: Just like those catholic girls would say pls don't use condom it is against our doctrine , just enter like that.

Hmm wahala wa o! As a catholic I know the Pope has corrected this notion a while ago that the use of condom as birth control is not forbiden provided its used between husband and wife. So me I don't know where you find your own catholic gurls o.

N.B: The church also stands with bible against pre and extra marital sex.
Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by eddy1977(m): 12:52am On Oct 24, 2012
Before you commit abortion,please ask the baby if it's ok to kill it.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by Dazl(f): 7:42am On Oct 24, 2012
D bible is against pri marital nd extra marital sex.....hence,abortion aint alowed coz its murder
NP;any form of contraceptiv aint alowed.d son of judah was punished by death coz he used witdrawal method...d pope made dat statement to suit d changin world,bt its nt bibilical
b4 u crucify me,am a catholic
Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by ednut1(m): 11:39am On Oct 26, 2012
Dazl: D bible is against pri marital nd extra marital sex.....hence,abortion aint alowed coz its murder
NP;any form of contraceptiv aint alowed.d son of judah was punished by death coz he used witdrawal method...d pope made dat statement to suit d changin world,bt its nt bibilical
hmmmmmm
Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by advocate666: 11:51am On Oct 26, 2012
eddy1977: Before you commit abortion,please ask the baby if it's ok to kill it.

Maybe women should start laying eggs. That will solve a lot of these problems.
Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by italo: 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
God4moi:

Hmm wahala wa o! As a catholic I know the Pope has corrected this notion a while ago that the use of condom as birth control is not forbiden provided its used between husband and wife. So me I don't know where you find your own catholic gurls o.

N.B: The church also stands with bible against pre and extra marital sex.

Dazl: D bible is against pri marital nd extra marital sex.....hence,abortion aint alowed coz its murder

Please let me beg both of you in the name of the Father and of The Son and of The Holy Spirit. If you are unsure of something, it is better to be quiet about it. The Pope did not make the above statement and The Catholic Church will never change its view on such an important doctrinal issue ever, not even to suit a changing world.

The Church has always maintained that sex outside of marriage is wrong. That abortion, the use of condoms and contraceptives are all wrong.

What the world is looking for is anything that can be used to criticize the Catholic Church (including inconsistencies) because it is the only institution that stands firmly against the world as they try to portray all these evils as 'okay.' So we should be careful about what we say and should educate ourselves about Church doctrine.

I mean no harm. I'm just horrified about the harm that your statements can possibly cause the Church.
Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by God4moi: 6:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
italo:

Please let me beg both of you in the name of the Father and of The Son and of The Holy Spirit. If you are unsure of something, it is better to be quiet about it. The Pope did not make the above statement and The Catholic Church will never change its view on such an important doctrinal issue ever, not even to suit a changing world.

The Church has always maintained that sex outside of marriage is wrong. That abortion, the use of condoms and contraceptives are all wrong.

What the world is looking for is anything that can be used to criticize the Catholic Church (including inconsistencies) because it is the only institution that stands firmly against the world as they try to portray all these evils as 'okay.' So we should be careful about what we say and should educate ourselves about Church doctrine.

I mean no harm. I'm just horrified about the harm that your statements can possibly cause the Church.

Please! When you're making antagonistic statements and condeming others for their ignorance be sure you're saying the right and correct things.

You obviously need to update ur cathcesis# I hope these links would help.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/8148899/Pope-approves-use-of-condoms-in-fight-against-Aids.html

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/jan-june11/vatican_05-30.html&sa=U&ei=6ceKUOusJ9ORhQfJ4IGACQ&ved=0CCkQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNGfGTNsWUG3VU9fllkh6HdKMXxhHw
Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by italo: 9:40am On Oct 27, 2012
God4moi:

Please! When you're making antagonistic statements and condeming others for their ignorance be sure you're saying the right and correct things.

You obviously need to update ur cathcesis# I hope these links would help.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/8148899/Pope-approves-use-of-condoms-in-fight-against-Aids.html

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/jan-june11/vatican_05-30.html&sa=U&ei=6ceKUOusJ9ORhQfJ4IGACQ&ved=0CCkQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNGfGTNsWUG3VU9fllkh6HdKMXxhHw

Firstly let me ask forgiveness. Perhaps I was too harsh in my statement. The way I sounded, perhaps one would think that you were carelessly spreading a false teaching. But perhaps you just misunderstand some of the news you heard or read... Or I misunderstood your post.

You initial post seems to be saying it is NOT wrong for a husband and wife to use condoms for birth control. If that is what you are saying, you are wrong, and even the two links you gave say nothing like that. But if you were saying that it is wrong to use a condom, then you are right and I don't need any link to know that. I only need your pardon.

Now for those who don't know:

The Pope cannot and did not approve the use of condoms, he only meant that in the case of certain people like homosexual men, it could be better to use condoms and it might be the 1st step to moralization, teaching them that NOT everything should be done. Homosexual acts are evil already, with or without condoms. But in the case of a married couple, sex is not evil when done in charity, but using condoms make it evil. For those of us who are not married but want to have sex with the opposite sex, the Pope says 'sex outside of marriage is evil, with or without condoms', 'practise abstinence'. So condoms CANNOT be approved.
Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by God4moi: 11:05am On Oct 27, 2012
italo:

Firstly let me ask forgiveness. Perhaps I was too harsh in my statement. The way I sounded, perhaps one would think that you were carelessly spreading a false teaching. But perhaps you just misunderstand some of the news you heard or read... Or I misunderstood your post.

You initial post seems to be saying it is NOT wrong for a husband and wife to use condoms for birth control. If that is what you are saying, you are wrong, and even the two links you gave say nothing like that. But if you were saying that it is wrong to use a condom, then you are right and I don't need any link to know that. I only need your pardon.

Now for those who don't know:

The Pope cannot and did not approve the use of condoms, he only meant that in the case of certain people like homosexual men, it could be better to use condoms and it might be the 1st step to moralization, teaching them that NOT everything should be done. Homosexual acts are evil already, with or without condoms. But in the case of a married couple, sex is not evil when done in charity, but using condoms make it evil. For those of us who are not married but want to have sex with the opposite sex, the Pope says 'sex outside of marriage is evil, with or without condoms', 'practise abstinence'. So condoms CANNOT be approved.

i must say my statement about married couples was outa misunderstanding of d condition surrounding d use of condom.

billings method is the only recognised method of family planning approved by d church and taught during the pre marriage course.
Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by italo: 11:31am On Oct 27, 2012
Its alright then.

We all learn everyday.
Re: Abortion Is A Sin, But Sex Is Not Abi by umra8901(f): 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2012
They're being silly. Both are wrong according to the Bible.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Force Their Religion On People ? / The Truth! Is Christianity A Religion?? / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.