Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? (6427 Views)

Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by sooperrescue(m): 4:59am On Sep 26, 2016
erico2k2:

Bro there is nothing like Nigerian Spec, erase that thought, we account to nothing when it comes to buying cars from producers.Hope you are not delving into this weather Engine relationship again as it affects Engine.
on this fuel issue, i went to ppmc in abuja and sat down with their top engineers with just this poser: what is the fuel type that we are using in Nigeria? They stated that Nigeria is using regular unleaded and that anyone whose vehicle is not being run on that fuel is on its own that the cars, honda and toyotas are nigerian spec especially for that fuel type. If range rover states that you should use premium or octane 95 as minimum and that if its not available, use unleaded 98, what is the solution or is range rover confused? The momentum fuel is it at all stations or only at tescos? Because all information about the fuel is restricted on the internet because i learnt that shell has its own premium fuel too. But like the economist wrote in that first article that i pasted, using regular will not kill your car but it will make you spend more to overcome poor fuel economy and lower engine performance.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by erico2k2(m): 11:02am On Sep 26, 2016
sooperrescue:
on this fuel issue, i went to ppmc in abuja and sat down with their top engineers with just this poser: what is the fuel type that we are using in Nigeria? They stated that Nigeria is using regular unleaded and that anyone whose vehicle is not being run on that fuel is on its own that the cars, honda and toyotas are nigerian spec especially for that fuel type. If range rover states that you should use premium or octane 95 as minimum and that if its not available, use unleaded 98, what is the solution or is range rover confused? The momentum fuel is it at all stations or only at tescos? Because all information about the fuel is restricted on the internet because i learnt that shell has its own premium fuel too. But like the economist wrote in that first article that i pasted, using regular will not kill your car but it will make you spend more to overcome poor fuel economy and lower engine performance.
Ok I think we are using different terms here .
The term Regular is RON 95 which in the EU has green in its pump head . Now Momentum is yes TESCOs brand of Premium . Hence it's Moore expensive
As for she V power that's thier own version of premium . They claim that thier own fuel has more additives to it they have added stuff to clean ur Engine amongst other things . U see in the EU every petrol station has the right to sell fuel at thier own pricing system . So Shell and BP and elf might be neighbours but have didifferent prices for fuels .
Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by sooperrescue(m): 11:49am On Sep 26, 2016
So all you need to do is to use Premium. This is what the Economist said again because of you...But his biggest reason for sticking with premium, though, is that he was well aware that the car needed 91 octane to work properly when he bought it. And having paid upfront for the higher performance, he is reluctant now to throw that benefit away[i][/i]. Please when the RRS eventually enter my zone, bring it make I see am. Are you bringing the diesel or fuel. Dangote refinery will soon be completed. They are laying the foundation now, then we dont need boosters, Golf cars will be performing, BMW will be doing formula 1 on third mainlandbridge and our Range Rovers will roar endlessly looking for where to go. Until then....
Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by erico2k2(m): 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2016
sooperrescue:
So all you need to do is to use Premium. This is what the Economist said again because of you...But his biggest reason for sticking with premium, though, is that he was well aware that the car needed 91 octane to work properly when he bought it. And having paid upfront for the higher performance, he is reluctant now to throw that benefit away[i][/i]. Please when the RRS eventually enter my zone, bring it make I see am. Are you bringing the diesel or fuel. Dangote refinery will soon be completed. They are laying the foundation now, then we dont need boosters, Golf cars will be performing, BMW will be doing formula 1 on third mainlandbridge and our Range Rovers will roar endlessly looking for where to go. Until then....
If I'm going by what we understand RON 95 has a higher octane rating than RON 91
yes I'm bringing the RRAS . It Diesel which is good as they can cope with dirty fuel grin grin
the cost of clearing I'm hearing is out of this world so I got a little trick up sleeve .
I realy hope all the refinery do work cos it's such a shame we have to import petrol etc .

1 Like

Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by Mozillafire: 6:15am On Jan 06, 2023
sooperrescue:

How about using an octane booster?
Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by 9icetoo(m): 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2023
Mozillafire:

What's your car make, model and year?

Or better still, does your car "require" premium fuel?
Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by sooperrescue(m): 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
Mozillafire:

The way to go
Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by Mozillafire: 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2023
9icetoo:

What's your car make, model and year?

Or better still, does your car "require" premium fuel?
Yes, it does require
Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by 9icetoo(m): 8:09am On Jan 07, 2023
Mozillafire:

Yes, it does require
Use sparingly. Keep rpms low if you can. The effects of low octane pms are felt during harsh acceleration, climbing hills with vehicle loaded etc.
Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by Mozillafire: 10:49am On Jan 07, 2023
9icetoo:

Use sparingly. Keep rpms low if you can. The effects of low octane pms are felt during harsh acceleration, climbing hills with vehicle loaded etc.
Can you suggest the octane booster to use
Re: Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel? by 9icetoo(m): 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2023
Mozillafire:

Can you suggest the octane booster to use
K&n octane booster.
STP octane booster.
Contact radautoworks. I bought one brand from her sometime ago and it was okay.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On / Rust : 5 Tips To Help Prevent It In Your Car / Toyota Corolla Sport 2012 Vs Muscle Camry 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.