Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 (16486 Views)

Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship For Undergraduate Students 2016 / David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Programme 2015/2016 Registration Begins / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by MAYOWAAK: 12:13am On Oct 24, 2012
The Chancellor of Covenant University (CU), Ota, Ogun State and the Bishop of Living Faith Worldwide, Dr. David Oyedepo, has said that the foundation for the third of the planned seven universities of the church will be laid in January, next year.

Bishop Oyedepo spoke yesterday during a media briefing to mark the 10th anniversary of Covenant University.

He said his intervention in education sector was to prove that sanity could still return to the much troubled sector in the country.

He said the plan to establish four universities in Nigeria and three others to be spread in West, Central and East African nations was part of the church’s resolve to reclaim the lost glories in the continent.

The cleric said the third ivory tower, which will be named Crown University, would be sited in Calabar, Cross Rivers State. The university will primarily focus on Maritime studies.

Bishop Oyedepo blamed the rot in the nation’s education system on what he described as ill-advised decision of the government to take over schools from the missionaries. He said the foundation of education in the country cannot be discussed without the influence of the missionaries, who he said established the first school in Badagry in 1843.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/news/we-ll-lay-our-third-varsity-foundation-in-january-oyedepo/

6 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by acidtalk: 12:35am On Oct 24, 2012
And some people who are still struggling to buy JAMB form for their children are still paying tithe.

I was troubled and aexcited at the same time so I had to put a call through to speak to the man of god.

Acidtalk - Congratulations sir on your new University project in Calabar.

MOG - Thank you Acidtalk. God is good.

Acidtalk - Sir, it seems you have lots of interest in the Education Sector and Aviation.

MOG - Well, those are very lucrative businesses which will forever blossom no matter the Economy situation of a country.

Acidtalk - Sir, how affordable would the school be considering the present economy situation in the country.

MOG - Well, Affordable enough for the Elite and Politicians to pay for their children.

Acidtalk - What about the average and below average Nigerians who want quality education in the country?

MOG - Well, God will make a way for them, let them keep praying and fasting.

Acidtalk - But sir, most of these children's parents contributed in paying tithe and offering but can't afford to pay the exhorbitant fees charged in your schools.

MOG - Young man, Bricks, cement and sand weren't given free in the market.

Acidtalk - Sir, can you do the school free for the less priviledged as Jesus would have done during his time?

MOG - Shut up there. One more word from you and I will give you a "Holy Slap"

50 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by ebamma(m): 12:36am On Oct 24, 2012
More universities established by oyedepo equals to more tithes which is equal to more private jets for him

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by batiatus(m): 12:40am On Oct 24, 2012
he needs to come and lay a foundation in the north as well in other revive the educational sector in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by peterowode: 12:42am On Oct 24, 2012
why is this pastor getting all the money to build this multi-billion naira universities.
this one pass tithe and offering
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by owen4u(m): 12:43am On Oct 24, 2012
smiley Good vision from a great Man. I think He should βε̲̣̣̣̥ applauded for his giant strides i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ the education sector... God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ Sir

18 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by webfocus(m): 12:47am On Oct 24, 2012
The man is really tryin for d education sector....don't knw why all u guyz blame him...hw many of u guyz pays tithe in church... u come to NL and start lashin out names

6 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by hunkydory(m): 12:50am On Oct 24, 2012
More universities are actually needed in Nigeria but its important to make it of international standard.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Techwriter: 12:54am On Oct 24, 2012
Why are so many Nairalanders offended with tithing? Those paying there tithes are building schools to help improve the standard of education, and buying jets to aid evangelical exploits while some jobless people spend all their time on Nairaland criticizing them. Those paying are not complaining and nobody forced you to pay.

The next thing people will say now is that the schools are expensive. Go build your own, make it cheap and maintain the standards maintained by these 'expensive' Christian universities. Many of you prefer to hear that pastors are paupers but musicians are money bags. That's why pastors brought up by such congregational mindset keep looking for help from corrupt politicians and musicians and prophesying lies in the process in other to survive. I am not in Winners, but I don't advocate poverty-it is not a virtue. Jesus was not poor-stop decieving yrself

33 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Built2last: 12:56am On Oct 24, 2012
His action is better than keeping the money in Swiss accounts.He is an employer of Labour which your government couldn't do.He has admitted students that probably would have been on the street causing pain to the society...how I wish our politicians were doing so.Think before you condemn him. Admit it he is meeting needs

21 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 24, 2012
Why doesn't he use the money and other resources for the seven 'universities' to create a world-class university? It would be better than having seven manageable universities. He needs to stop establishing more universities and face one with standard campuses!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by acidtalk: 1:05am On Oct 24, 2012
all4naija: Why doesn't he use the money and other resources for the seven 'universities' to create a world-class university? It would be better than having seven manageable universities. He needs to stop establishing more universities and face one with standard campuses!

There is something called ARAB MONEY.

He Needs Oduduwa Money (Ogun)
Oil Money (calabar)
National Cake Money (Abuja)

The money must to flow from all quarters.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Maxymilliano(m): 1:09am On Oct 24, 2012
Okay, the rot in the education sector was a product of government decisions in taking over missionary schools, is he now trying to replicate the missionaries idea?

Building schools for the elitist few is a sharp contrast to what the missionaries had in mind when they came to Nigeria.

This man is just a bloated capitalist.

7 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by papaejima1: 1:16am On Oct 24, 2012
all4naija: Why doesn't he use the money and other resources for the seven 'universities' to create a world-class university? It would be better than having seven manageable universities. He needs to stop establishing more universities and face one with standard campuses!
You have just displayed your stark ignorance and paucity of reasoning.
Have you been to Covenant university or landmark University campuses?
SMH.. undecided undecided make I talk because others don talk abi?....SMH again undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Nobody: 1:21am On Oct 24, 2012
papaejima1:
You have just displayed your stark ignorance and paucity of reasoning.
Have you been to Covenant university or landmark University campuses?
SMH.. undecided undecided make I talk because others don talk abi?....SMH again undecided undecided
I don't really understand what you are trying to pass across. It's clear Convenant University could be better. Harvard university upgrade the education system and standard every now and then.

Please, spare me this over-exaggeration of the CU standard. I don't think it is in the first 1000 best universities of the world.

7 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by YungG(m): 1:25am On Oct 24, 2012
MAYOWAAK: The Chancellor of Covenant University (CU), Ota, Ogun State and the Bishop of Living Faith Worldwide, Dr. David Oyedepo, has said that the foundation for the third of the planned seven universities of the church will be laid in January, next year.

Bishop Oyedepo spoke yesterday during a media briefing to mark the 10th anniversary of Covenant University.

He said his intervention in education sector was to prove that sanity could still return to the much troubled sector in the country.

He said the plan to establish four universities in Nigeria and three others to be spread in West, Central and East African nations was part of the church’s resolve to reclaim the lost glories in the continent.

The cleric said the third ivory tower, which will be named Crown University, would be sited in Calabar, Cross Rivers State. The university will primarily focus on Maritime studies.

Bishop Oyedepo blamed the rot in the nation’s education system on what he described as ill-advised decision of the government to take over schools from the missionaries. He said the foundation of education in the country cannot be discussed without the influence of the missionaries, who he said established the first school in Badagry in 1843.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/news/we-ll-lay-our-third-varsity-foundation-in-january-oyedepo/

A thousand shall become a Nation
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by ektbear: 1:30am On Oct 24, 2012
batiatus: he needs to come and lay a foundation in the north as well in other revive the educational sector in the north.

Why? Let northerners revive their own educational sector.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by ektbear: 1:31am On Oct 24, 2012
owen4u: smiley Good vision from a great Man. I think He should βε̲̣̣̣̥ applauded for his giant strides i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ the education sector... God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ Sir

Well said, minus the strange symbols in your post
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by SisiKill1: 2:08am On Oct 24, 2012
Say what you will about Papa Oyedepo but don't say the man is not smart. He truly understands how to work his congregation. He knows what makes them tick.

So after subtly and not so subtly embedding in them the idea that the more you suffer, the more blessed you will be. He turns the suffering notch up a little bit.

Just recently we heard that the free transportation the church provides is gonna be eliminated which means Mama Praise and her 6 kids....Praise, Godwin, Godbless, Faith, Faithful and Godsown will have to find their own way to church.

While they are still grappling with that, the church announces the foundation for a third university knowing the sheeples will see this as a sign that the Church is blessed.

Being the brain washed commission member they are, Mama Praise and her battalion will take the fact that they have suffer to get to this "Blessed Commission" as a sign that they are in the right Church and their own blessing will soon land, so forget doing the prudent thing and looking for a church closer to home....whaaaa and miss out on their own blessing? You must be joking! Winners Chapel here they come.

The fact that over the years they've had to drive longer distances in dangerous conditions as the church moves further and further into the bush because it is gotten bigger while they remain stagnant is totally lost on them. Oh, on the contrary the more danger and hardship they encounter in their quest to get to church, the more convinced they are that's where they should be (That's why they give testimony about how the devil did not want them to come to church to hear the message that was specifically for them, so he caused them to have an accident on the way. It's not the bad road that caused the accident oh or the fact that they are driving in raggedy azz cars, at night on roads with no light...no it is the devil)

Anyway, next Sunday Mama Praise will wake her children up at 2am in order to start their trek to church for the 8am service where they go into convulsive fits as they shout hallelujah and scream blessed be at the top of their lungs because the church is laying the foundation for a new University Praise and Godwin have no chance in hell....or heaven of attending.

It's Brilliant!! cheesy cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by odehaj: 2:09am On Oct 24, 2012
peterowode: why is this pastor getting all the money to build this multi-billion naira universities.
this one pass tithe and offering
Ask yourselves again&again&again.and by the time you are finishing he would have established Universities all over Nigeria and beyond, most especially as some African countries are asking for same.Is God not great?!Hate him,envy him &go down while he rises.

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by pipeewa(m): 2:16am On Oct 24, 2012
Tithe for all christians is a must as long as they obey instructions of the bible.Tithes are paid to the Lord through His servants and the tither do not require an account of how his or her tithe was spent.The things of the spirit are difficult to understand cos we are terrestial being. Its even foolishness to those who are perishing.God is the most supreme being he judges all things. So refrain from judging others when they do things beyond what you can comprehend as long as they have not stolen from your pocket,house or public purse.The poor we would always have in our midst even Jesus said it but its for every man to know what he can do to bring him out of poverty. this is what Oyedepo preaches.I didn't know untill I listened to him,read his books, listened to his CDs and I was able to come out of poverty meanwhile I wasn't a member of his church.

10 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Egbagirl(f): 4:15am On Oct 24, 2012
Anyone know how much fees cost at CU?
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:22am On Oct 24, 2012
Out of Seven Planned Universities How many will be for the less priviledge?

In short Private free Education by Oyedepo

Its time to explore Calabar people and her environment.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by nelsonegware: 4:48am On Oct 24, 2012
I pity all those critics of Bishop Oyedepo, the more you criticize him the more he is doing wonders. Instead of you guys to thank God for all these development and pray to God for you to afford it for children and wards you guys are here criticizing the man of God. God will continue to use him to perform wonders to the chagrin and consternation of many of you.

8 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by j4sure(m): 4:49am On Oct 24, 2012
am not A member of his church but i know his a man with a Great and Good Vision.As for making the school fee FREE i dont see how realistic that statement is even Govt sch e.g.Lasu &odas are not free let alone PRIVATE.All we can only advocate for is the reduction in school fees betterstill pray God raise ur standard to be able to pay the money [b]am not A member of his church but i know his a man with a Great and Good Vision.As for making the school fee FREE i dont see how realistic that statement is even Govt sch e.g.Lasu &odas are not free let alone PRIVATE.All we can only advocate for is the reduction in school fees betterstill pray God raise ur standard to be able to pay the money [/b]am not A member of his church but i know his a man with a Great and Good Vision.As for making the school fee FREE i dont see how realistic that statement is even Govt sch e.g.Lasu &odas are not free let alone PRIVATE.All we can only advocate for is the reduction in school fees betterstill pray God raise ur standard to be able to pay the money

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by shags(m): 5:35am On Oct 24, 2012
owen4u: smiley Good vision from a great Man. I think He should βε̲̣̣̣̥ applauded for his giant strides i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ the education sector... God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ Sir
thank you sir.hw abt dat.this is an unfair treatment to his church members.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by igbojicollins: 5:37am On Oct 24, 2012
Techwriter: Why are so many Nairalanders offended with tithing? Those paying there tithes are building schools to help improve the standard of education, and buying jets to aid evangelical exploits while some jobless people spend all their time on Nairaland criticizing them. Those paying are not complaining and nobody forced you to pay.

The next thing people will say now is that the schools are expensive. Go build your own, make it cheap and maintain the standards maintained by these 'expensive' Christian universities. Many of you prefer to hear that pastors are paupers but musicians are money bags. That's why pastors brought up by such congregational mindset keep looking for help from corrupt politicians and musicians and prophesying lies in the process in other to survive. I am not in Winners, but I don't advocate poverty-it is not a virtue. Jesus was not poor-stop decieving yrself
I was contented with wat u said bt d last sentence dat Jesus wz nt poor is a complete falacy...remember he even borrowed d horse he used for his triumphant entry into jerusalem and wealthy people like pontius pilate,ceaser Augustus,Herod existed in his time yet our lord maintained his kingdom is not of d world.So FYI christianity is not a religion of comfort neither that its yardstick is PROSPERITY,so don't be decieved!!!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Pataki: 5:42am On Oct 24, 2012
No wonder churches do not pay taxes.

Let the exploitation continue.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by omenziate(m): 6:09am On Oct 24, 2012
Almost like the biblical David, this man keeps giving his foes and enemies heartburn and heart attack.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IMSU Medical Students Protest In Imo State / WAEC Releases 2021 Results, Withholds 10.9% Results / FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.