Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 (16494 Views)

Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship For Undergraduate Students 2016 / David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Programme 2015/2016 Registration Begins / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2012
And You Pay N500,000,That's Absurd
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by dare2think: 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2012
sleekymag:

Well, when some supposedly enlightened minds are already prejudiced, they fail to see the great intentions of visionary leaders like Bishop Oyedepo. Hence you wonder who the real ignorant minds are. grin grin grin

Visionary leader in your world.

What are his intentions?

He is a fraud! Using religion as a tool in building an empire that he and his family controls!

That is what you call a visionary leader? (Your opinion anyway).

Having Buildings, jets and cars may entice you, but those are not the qualities that makes one a visionary leader.

Selflessness and love for a cause and your followers are one of the principles of a visionary leader.
Martin Luther King is a visionary leader, he put himself in harms way for his people. Can 'Papa' lay down his life for a member in his church?

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by solomon111(m): 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2012
I don't know what to say anymore.
I don't want to say anything against an anointed MOG,but when you compare and contrast his actions with Jesus,the difference is startling.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by martinkem(m): 1:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
Blinding ignorance doeth misleads the foolish multitude, O' wretched mortals open thine eyes...

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by harlos: 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
Instead of universities y not construct a company that will reduce the numbers if unemployment in ur country...
Instead if this to make me happy i'm rather sad
....rubbish I will call itembarassed

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by sleekymag(m): 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2012
dare2think:

Visionary leader in your world.

What are his intentions?

He is a fraud! Using religion as a tool in building an empire that he and his family controls!

That is what you call a visionary leader? (Your opinion anyway).

Having Buildings, jets and cars may entice you, but those are not the qualities that makes one a visionary leader.

Selflessness and love for a cause and your followers are one of the principles of a visionary leader.
Martin Luther King is a visionary leader, he put himself in harms way for his people. Can 'Papa' lay down his life for a member in his church?

Being a visionary leader doesn't mean dying for other people my friend. You can be a religious visionary leader, a business visionary leader, a social crusader with a vision for a preferred future, and what have you. If his having jets, and buildings and stuff is choking your sense of reason as to what the bigger picture may be, then i do not think it's the man's fault. What have you in your own little way contributed to humanity? What are you doing about it, if you haven't started? We all have the ability within our calling, to make a difference! And besides, its always easy to criticize.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by sleekymag(m): 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
harlos: Instead of universities y not construct a company that will reduce the numbers if unemployment in ur country...
Instead if this to make me happy i'm rather sad
....rubbish I will call itembarassed

Now that's funny. How many employees work in a university? 10, 20, hundreds? The man employs thousands of people, who directly shoulder the responsibilities of their immediate and extended families. So you can see the multiplied effect. Another one is, the people being educated are being empowered, so its not just about giving people fish but about empowering the future leaders of this country to also be fishermen.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by iyes(m): 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
@ sleekymag:

So, as far as you are concerned; the end justifies the means!

No wonder our country has sunk into the lowest level imaginable because of marchiavellian mindset of the supposed elite.

This won't take us far, at all. We have seen where it has taken us.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by league11(m): 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2012
BISHOP we are very proud of u sir. U are showing Government d way to do it. U are one of the names that makes us proud outside Africa. U are building men with d word of faith, u have changed d lives of many positively. u have given me d confidence that d promises of God to a christian is a reality. God said we shall be the head and not d tail, a render not a borrower. That u should be ABOVE only and not beneath. That d path of a righteous man shines more and more unto d perfect. That d Will of God is for u to proper and be in good health. All these are d WILL of God for u and that's what u are manifesting. I am living outside Nigeria but I listen to www.domimedia.org (WINNERS ONLINE RADIO)everyday and I'm blessed. The CHURCH is matching on and dominating in every sector and the gate of hell can not prevail. I am so happy to be identified with a properous ministry. if you are criticizing d man of God, note that u are indirectly working for d gate of hell, but I can assure u that d gate of hell can never prevail, rather d church will keep matching on.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by sleekymag(m): 1:26pm On Oct 24, 2012
iyes: @ sleekymag:

So, as far as you are concerned; the end justifies the means!

No wonder our country has sunk into the lowest level imaginable because of marchiavellian mindset of the supposed elite.

This won't take us far, at all. We have seen where it has taken us.

How did i imply the end justifies the means? What won't take us far at all? What would you rather have him do? To not have a vision? To not empower hundreds of thousands and possibly, millions of Africans who have been products of neglected governments since time immemorial? To not collect offerings and tithes in the church abi? To be synonymous with the "as poor as a church rat" mantra? We all know God's will for us is to prosper and be in good health, even as our soul prospers!
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by dare2think: 1:30pm On Oct 24, 2012
sleekymag:

Being a visionary leader doesn't mean dying for other people my friend. You can be a religious visionary leader, a business visionary leader, a social crusader with a vision for a preferred future, and what have you. If his having jets, and buildings and stuff is choking your sense of reason as to what the bigger picture may be, then i do not think it's the man's fault. What have you in your own little way contributed to humanity? What are you doing about it, if you haven't started? We all have the ability within our calling, to make a difference! And besides, its always easy to criticize.

Well, I was waiting for the typical 'what have you done' that always seem to follow when a criticism have been lodged at this demi-god. Very Typical.

What I have done to Humanity is best known to me and those it may have affected. And when done right, my contribution should not be afraid to undergo scrutiny!
Your comprehension skills seem to be lacking and your reasoning has been choked by his aura and personality. This is nothing new. I never said being a visionary leader means dying for other people.

Perhaps, you should read the post again and take note of the qualities I mentioned. You may clamour on the big, bigger, and biggest picture all you want. The most important picture , to me, is that of Morality, honesty and transparency. He is a fraud that emphasises on people to give money to God in order to receive blessings. That is Fraudulent. The only person the congregation are giving money to is his church. And the church is Oyedepo.

You have the right to believe what you want to believe, its your choice. He may be a visionary leader to you. To me, he is a charlatan and he exhibits all the characteristics of one.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Shine1177: 1:35pm On Oct 24, 2012
all4naija: Why doesn't he use the money and other resources for the seven 'universities' to create a world-class university? It would be better than having seven manageable universities. He needs to stop establishing more universities and face one with standard campuses!

have you been to any of the universities he presently chair as the Chancellor (Covenant University and Landmark University) they are world standard school and Crown University will not be anything less. Please verify information before you post misguided statement here.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by sleekymag(m): 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2012
dare2think:

Well, I was waiting for the typical 'what have you done' that always seem to follow when a criticism have been lodged at this demi-god. Very Typical.

What I have done to Humanity is best known to me and those it may have affected. And when done right, my contribution should not be afraid to undergo scrutiny!
Your comprehension skills seem to be lacking and your reasoning has been choked by his aura and personality. This is nothing new. I never said being a visionary leader means dying for other people.

Perhaps, you should read the post again and take note of the qualities I mentioned. You may clamour on the big, bigger, and biggest picture all you want. The most important picture , to me, is that of Morality, honesty and transparency. He is a fraud that emphasises on people to give money to God in order to receive blessings. That is Fraudulent. The only person the congregation are giving money to is his church. And the church is Oyedepo.

You have the right to believe what you want to believe, its your choice. He may be a visionary leader to you. To me, he is a charlatan and he exhibits all the characteristics of one.

I won't bang words with you. Satisfy yourself with your opinions of him. There's no need to cry more than the bereaved, you are not a member of hsi church, neither do you pay your offerings to him. His members are not complaining.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Shine1177: 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2012
omenziate: Almost like the biblical David, this man keeps giving his foes and enemies heartburn and heart attack.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Shine1177: 1:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
Balkan:

I am very sure you are one of those congregation that have sold their heart and soul to a pastor.
You the raw material that is used in making money for those pastors. Without your money, most of
them would have taken to robbery.

Wake up salvation is not in the church, it's in the heart.
Have you bordered to ask why pastors don't open churches in the village?
Cos the are not variable .

Mister! For your information Winner Chapel International has her branches in villages and towns. My father was surprise when he saw the church signboard in my village. It not all about city thing please verify information so that you dont mislead the public. Tanx.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Shine1177: 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2012
ubong560: Oyedepo, more tithes 2 ur elbow. Vry soon, u shal bcom d 1st enterpreneur who wil b bringing in Private Jets in commercial quantity in2 dis poverty victimized country 4 sale, distributn and more profits. A pastor turn enterprenuer! If i may ask, wen last did u giv succour 2 d less privige? Wen last did u offset a medical bill 4 a poor citizen? How many poor citizens do u enroll in ur so call "MISSIONARY UNIVERSITIES on scholarship? Y buying mor private jets 4 urself wen most of ur members get slummed on d road in an attempt 2 trek down 2 ur church? Is dis how Jesus preached his own gospel? D judgment day shal tell who truly served God and who didn't irrespctv of one's biblical/religious positn.

Friend you need to do a thorough research to know that the answers to the questions you raise here are in affirmative {YES} he do all of that and much more. In your mind you know you never want your ward to attend school like UNIABUJA where student don't know their fate studying certain course e.g Veterinary medicine etc. schools that NUC will always issues with that has never happen in any of the university that Bishop Oyedepo run. Thank you.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by dare2think: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
sleekymag:

I won't bang words with you. Satisfy yourself with your opinions of him. There's no need to cry more than the bereaved, you are not a member of hsi church, neither do you pay your offerings to him. His members are not complaining.

Another typical lazy rhetoric!

'As long as it does not affect you, what is your own' syndrome that is stagnating the growth of the nation.

Under-developed nation in all aspect.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Shine1177: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
maxpro-xl:

3gbosa for you sir. Well said. Tithes and offering is a choice and not by force oo. Abeg tell them and educate the bunch of naïve nairalanders. People give "project offering" willingly without complaining. 3 universities, 4 more to go. More jobs for sacked lecturers, more employment for unskilled and skilled individuals, more options for undergraduates to gain admission. More work for plumbers, electricians, bricklayers, engineers, doctors, nurses etc.

to all u haters, if u need admission and u can't afford it, please apply for the "scholarship" package. Tell me what better incentive can they offer than that. No private university can ever be cheap and that depends on what u term as expensive.

Some secondary schools in lagos charge per term what these universities charge per session and some of u are here complaining of high fees. I say it with all boldness and l stand to be challenged. Covenant university is the cheapest and best private university when u compare its facilities as related with other universities in its class.

True talk pal. these people are just shout hoax where there is non. I know of private school in Lagos and Abuja that their students pay N3 miilion per session. I've worked as a Network Engineer at Covenant University and i know what am saying Architecture which is a six-year course carries the highest fee per session which is just N650,000 per session and there are course that is as low as N450,000. Now compare and contrast, N3 million for 5 years for a primary school pupil and N450,000 for 4-years for a university student, which one is on the high side? Nairalander are not complaining about the expensive private Nursery/Primary which are own by politicians/moneybags whose source of income you cannot even pin-point. Why shout about tithe and offering money? May the good Lord grant you understanding!
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by dare2think: 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2012
Shine1177:

True talk pal. these people are just shout hoax where there is non. I know of private school in Lagos and Abuja that their students pay N3 miilion per session. I've worked as a Network Engineer at Covenant University and i know what am saying Architecture which is a six-year course carries the highest fee per session which is just N650,000 per session and there are course that is as low as N450,000. Now compare and contrast, N3 million for 5 years for a primary school pupil and N450,000 for 4-years for a university student, which one is on the high side? [b]Nairalander are not complaining about the expensive private Nursery/Primary which are own by politicians/moneybags whose source of income you cannot even pin-point. [/b]Why shout about tithe and offering money? May the good Lord grant you understanding!

Are you sure they are not complaining? So the fact politicians are getting away with it, why should't the pastors, right?

By the way what is the source of income of Oyedepo?
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by sleekymag(m): 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2012
dare2think:

Another typical lazy rhetoric!

'As long as it does not affect you, what is your own' syndrome that is stagnating the growth of the nation.

Under-developed nation in all aspect.

I know your type! In the bid not to be outdone you just think you have to say something. If it affects you that much, do something about it rather than rant on here.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by sleekymag(m): 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
dare2think:

Are you sure they are not complaining? So the fact politicians are getting away with it, why should't the pastors, right?

By the way what is the source of income of Oyedepo?

This is becoming like a broken record. Maybe you can go and ask the man himself!
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by dare2think: 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2012
sleekymag:

I know your type! In the bid not to be outdone you just think you have to say something. If it affects you that much, do something about it rather than rant on here.

Let me rant, at least i'm not using your bandwidth!

You can rant about my post, but you want to deny me the right to do the same! That you choose to idolize a fraudulent charlatan is your business, infact it is you fundamental human right!

Just don't expect everyone to follow suit!
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by dare2think: 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2012
sleekymag:

This is becoming like a broken record. Maybe you can go and ask the man himself!

Dude, the question was not directed to you!

I must be touching a nerve right? Broken record or not, it is a legitimate question!
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by sleekymag(m): 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2012
dare2think:

Dude, the question was not directed to you!

I must be touching a nerve right? Broken record or not, it is a legitimate question!

Touch what nerve? In your dreams my friend. What i find appalling however is that you call him a charlatan and a fraud and all that. So why asking what his source of income is, since you've already defined him with your myopic sense of reasoning?

dare2think:

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by maxproxl: 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2012
tpapi: ow many of ur siblings or children r goin 2 CU

So from the tone of my voice, u can't decode that am a CU graduate. We're proud eagles oga. We even raise school fees in class for less priviledged friends.

Havin gone through unilag and lautech and graduatn at CU, l know how undergraduates and graduates from federal, state and private universities think. Stop the hate and spread the word. 4-more universities to go. Like l said earlier, its not for everyone and you can apply for the schorlarship package.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by odumdesmond: 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2012
This Nigerians writing rubbish here are not informed! How much is school fees in Covenant university? How much do Nigerians schooling in Ghana Government universities pay? I know how much my cousins studying in US and UK are currently paying, non pays less than 5 million per year and Covenant charges less than 600 k and pple are making noise!! Do you know that Federal Govt subsidies each undergraduate school fees per year to the tune of about 3500 k per year? That is what goes to universities on monthly basis for salaries and over head yet these schools stil generate revenue and it is stil not enough! Now how do you want Living Faith to fund its universities? Do you know that with the amount that is paid as fees in that school, the church still supports the universities with the offering and tithes of members just to provide qualitative education at a relatively cheap amount! I know Loyola Jesuit college a catholic owned secondary school is currently charging 1.2million per annum and people are not complaining yet same ppple are complaining that Covenant and Landmark University owned by Living Faith is charging little over 500k, why are Nigerians so stupid and hypocritical in their analysis? These same pple who are critizi Oyedepo for charging 5 to 600k per annum pay 3 to 4 million per annum in Ghana universities with less facilities and human resources than Covenant and LandMark. I am happy with Oyedepo, he's too busy to have time to listen to criticise, let People talk and let him continue conquering any venture he goes into! Soon Dominion Air is coming and those of you who see having four jets as greed will understand better! So just talk and write rubbish as usual, it doesn't change a thing!!
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by sleekymag(m): 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2012
maxpro-xl:

So from the tone of my voice, u can't decode that am a CU graduate. We're proud eagles oga. We even raise school fees in class for less priviledged friends.

Havin gone through unilag and lautech and graduatn at CU, l know how undergraduates and graduates from federal, state and private universities think. Stop the hate and spread the word. 4-more universities to go. Like l said earlier, its not for everyone and you can apply for the schorlarship package.

I have a friend, who was on full scholarship at CU, from 100level to final year. and she made a first class. today she's doing her masters degree in Europe, and on scholarship too. Tell me what the fate of this girl would have been, an orphan for that matter.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by dare2think: 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2012
sleekymag:

Touch what nerve? In your dreams my friend. What i find appalling however is that you call him a charlatan and a fraud and all that. So why asking what his source of income is, since you've already defined him with your myopic sense of reasoning?

Remember what I said about your comprehension skills, in your hurry to ascertain your gullibility, you fail to see the reason the question was asked in that particular post. You need to read posts more to be able to grasp the concept of discourse. Like I said previously, perhaps you should read the post again and the context of the quoted post to understand why the question was asked. Not my fault you find it difficult!
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by crackhouse(m): 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2012
Hmm, that's a good one anyway. But the money can't be from tithe. . . . . .no no no it can't be.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by sleekymag(m): 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2012
dare2think:

Remember what I said about your comprehension skills, in your hurry to ascertain your gullibility, you fail to see the reason the question was asked in that particular post. You need to read posts more to be able to grasp the concept of discourse. Like I said previously, perhaps you should read the post again and the context of the quoted post to understand why the question was asked. Not my fault you find it difficult!

My friend, am afraid its your own comprehension skills that leaves much to be desired. Whilst i have been objective from the get-go since joining this conversation, you are the one who has stubbornly refused to accept other's points of view. You already have a brazen mindset of who Bishop Oyedepo is, and of course his having a 3rd university is filling you with more rage than u can stomach. Sorry about how you feel, but if you want us to discuss objectively, then probably we can each throw more light as to why we hold our different opinions. Till then, don't act like you're a professor, cos you don't know me.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by dare2think: 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2012
sleekymag:

My friend, am afraid its your own comprehension skills that leaves much to be desired. Whilst i have been objective from the get-go since joining this conversation, you are the one who has stubbornly refused to accept other's points of view. You already have a brazen mindset of who Bishop Oyedepo is, and of course his having a 3rd university is filling you with more rage than u can stomach. Sorry about how you feel, but if you want us to discuss objectively, then probably we can each throw more light as to why we hold our different opinions. Till then, don't act like you're a professor, cos you don't know me.

lol at the professor! You clearly have not been reading my post properly, comprehension inadequacy yet again. If you have, then you would note that I care less about buildings and material substances that much. It's the moral and ethical aspects that I find interests in. Yes, I already have a mindset based on his activities, but don't you too?

Nigeria is a country where religion is crippling its fabrics and Oyedepo is a part of the epidemic. You cripple the fundamental ethical backbone of a nation when you sell them false hope. Hope that instigates that 'you give to receive blessings'. People even go to the extent of stealing in order to please God? Just like some Muslims kill because they feel they are pleasing God. It is wrong to deceive people. (whatever you then use the money to do will not assuage the fact that the money is illicitly gained.

People are inevitably desperate in a country that is not working effectively nor do not tend to their needs. They feel secluded and weary, unfortunately they become vulnerable and susceptible to frauds like Oyedepo, who takes advantage of such desperation with promises of blessings. However there is a catch! 'Givers never lack', you must give to receive. But who are they giving too? God? Is there an escrow service to heaven?

No, they give their monies to MAN, who then uses the money, under the pretext of blessings, to build edifices which in turn pleases ignorant minds. These minds sees this as a sign that something is working. Classic fraudulent tactic.

I'm not here to dissuade you or persuade you, I'm merely stating my opinion just like you. ( Im down for objectivity, but only if you are ready to meet half-way)

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by sleekymag(m): 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
dare2think:

lol at the professor! You clearly have not been reading my post properly, comprehension inadequacy yet again. If you have, then you would note that I care less about buildings and material substances that much. It's the moral and ethical aspects that I find interests in. Yes, I already have a mindset based on his activities, but don't you too?

Nigeria is a country where religion is crippling its fabrics and Oyedepo is a part of the epidemic. You cripple the fundamental ethical backbone of a nation when you sell them false hope. Hope that instigates that 'you give to receive blessings'. People even go to the extent of stealing on order to please God? Just like some Muslims kill because they feel they are pleasing God. It is wrong to deceive people. (whatever you then use the money to do will not assuage the fact that the money is illicitly gained.

People are inevitable desperate in a country that is not working, or do not tend to their needs. They feel secluded and weary, unfortunately they become vulnerable and susceptible to frauds like Oyedepo, who takes advantage of such desperation with promises of blessings. However there is a catch! 'Givers never lack', you must give to receive. But who are they giving too? God? Is there an escrow service to heaven?

No, they give their monies to MAN, who then uses the money, under the pretext of blessings, to build edifices which in turn pleases ignorant minds. This minds sees this as a sign that something is working. Classic fraudulent tactic.

I'm not here to dissuade you or persuade you, I'm merely stating my opinion just like you. ( Im down for objectivity, but only if you are ready to meet half-way)

Ok, let's be objective here. I know where you are coming from, and i understand you. But first things first, i need to ask you a question. Are you a christian, and do you believe in the bible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teacher Brutalizes Nursery 1 Pupill Over Assignment / Uniport 2010/2011 Post Utme Cut-off Mark / On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.