Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 (16492 Views)

Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship For Undergraduate Students 2016 / David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Programme 2015/2016 Registration Begins / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2012
papaejima1: dnt mind dem. My brother who was in unibuja performed badly due to d poor standard edu and habitation. He ws den transferred to landmark uni, at d end of d semester txt msgs are sent to parents/wards dat d sch has closed, date of resumption is also sent. Even his result was sent via txtmsg. Of recent a field trip was scheduled and parents were also alreted abt it. How many schs can do dat or is doing dat? U nid to hear frm students of d sch bfor u castigate d sch.
You have just displayed your stark ignorance and paucity of reasoning.
Have you been to Covenant university or landmark University campuses?
SMH.. undecided undecided make I talk because others don talk abi?....SMH again undecided undecided
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by swoosh(m): 8:40am On Oct 24, 2012
The churches should establish scholarships for children of their less previledged members to be able to attend these schools. It just makes sense
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by matrixme(m): 8:42am On Oct 24, 2012
What's the point of trying to change the world anyway, by equipping only the elitist few. What guarantee is there that the noble action will be spread round equally and eventually? I recently learned that even in the church's nursery school, of which we have a ward there, you're mandated to pay your fees in full, i.e no half payments. I should expect a kinder approach from a secular institution. If this is a good representation of God, then He must be so distant from the reality of things!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 24, 2012
[quote author=swoosh]The churches should establish scholarships for children of their less previledged members to be able to attend these schools. It just makes sense[/quotet]they do eh, the faclty of agric in LU is FOC frm 100- final year.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by ubong560(m): 9:02am On Oct 24, 2012
Oyedepo, more tithes 2 ur elbow. Vry soon, u shal bcom d 1st enterpreneur who wil b bringing in Private Jets in commercial quantity in2 dis poverty victimized country 4 sale, distributn and more profits. A pastor turn enterprenuer! If i may ask, wen last did u giv succour 2 d less privige? Wen last did u offset a medical bill 4 a poor citizen? How many poor citizens do u enroll in ur so call "MISSIONARY UNIVERSITIES on scholarship? Y buying mor private jets 4 urself wen most of ur members get slummed on d road in an attempt 2 trek down 2 ur church? Is dis how Jesus preached his own gospel? D judgment day shal tell who truly served God and who didn't irrespctv of one's biblical/religious positn.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 24, 2012
acidtalk: And some people who are still struggling to buy JAMB form for their children are still paying tithe.

I was troubled and aexcited at the same time so I had to put a call through to speak to the man of god.

Acidtalk - Congratulations sir on your new University project in Calabar.

MOG - Thank you Acidtalk. God is good.

Acidtalk - Sir, it seems you have lots of interest in the Education Sector and Aviation.

MOG - Well, those are very lucrative businesses which will forever blossom no matter the Economy situation of a country.

Acidtalk - Sir, how affordable would the school be considering the present economy situation in the country.

MOG - Well, Affordable enough for the Elite and Politicians to pay for their children.

Acidtalk - What about the average and below average Nigerians who want quality education in the country?

MOG - Well, God will make a way for them, let them keep praying and fasting.

Acidtalk - But sir, most of these children's parents contributed in paying tithe and offering but can't afford to pay the exhorbitant fees charged in your schools.

MOG - Young man, Bricks, cement and sand weren't given free in the market.

Acidtalk - Sir, can you do the school free for the less priviledged as Jesus would have done during his time?

MOG - Shut up there. One more word from you and I will give you a "Holy Slap"

The people that are still paying tithe, are they not working? Malachi 3:8-10?
Goat
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by HVILLE: 9:10am On Oct 24, 2012
gbrown:

nice one, the federal universities in this country how many are well equipped and meet international standard? If lecturers decide to go on strike the govt is less perturbed cos their kids dont school in Nigeria, i commend oyedepo for his efforts to sanitise the educational sector, my only stress with these missionary universities springing up everywhere is the exorbitant fees, i know the cost of building materials has skyrocket, coupled with payment of lecturers and utilities, i pray they cut down the fees so it,s affordable to church members who are not so rich, since it,s a public institution other nigerians would also want their children to attend such schools, i thank all the pastors for their tireless efforts to clean the rot in our educational sector, pls covenant university,babcock university and redeemers university, reduce ur fees, i know it,s not easy to maintain a university but make it affordable
seconded, my only problem with all this unversity is the high school fees and the way student treated like babies some of this unversity dont allow student use to phone
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by maxproxl: 9:12am On Oct 24, 2012
acidosis™:

buhahahaha grin grin grin

This is a universal principle..! Givers never lack. They keep flourishing..

And did I also say, paying tithes & offerings isn't a must.. Either you pay or not, it changes nothing in his bank account.. paying is for your own good. (you're not helping anyone by paying tithes). If you say you won't pay, praise or serve God, hahaha God will just replace you with stones and grass.

Kingdom Principles & Law of prosperity is at work in the life of this Bishop..
I love him

3gbosa for you sir. Well said. Tithes and offering is a choice and not by force oo. Abeg tell them and educate the bunch of naïve nairalanders. People give "project offering" willingly without complaining. 3 universities, 4 more to go. More jobs for sacked lecturers, more employment for unskilled and skilled individuals, more options for undergraduates to gain admission. More work for plumbers, electricians, bricklayers, engineers, doctors, nurses etc.

to all u haters, if u need admission and u can't afford it, please apply for the "scholarship" package. Tell me what better incentive can they offer than that. No private university can ever be cheap and that depends on what u term as expensive.

Some secondary schools in lagos charge per term what these universities charge per session and some of u are here complaining of high fees. I say it with all boldness and l stand to be challenged. Covenant university is the cheapest and best private university when u compare its facilities as related with other universities in its class.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by lukaino(m): 9:13am On Oct 24, 2012
Instead of being happy that someone is taking bold steps at job creation to accommodate many of you Jobless guys who are ever so quick to criticise and call pastors names on NL you're blabbing clap trap. Go dust your CV and line up for an opportunity to get a Job; the lack of which inspires the hate for those doing well. THINK
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by tpapi: 9:19am On Oct 24, 2012
maxpro-xl:

3gbosa for you sir. Well said. Tithes and offering is a choice and not by force oo. Abeg tell them and educate the bunch of naïve nairalanders. People give "project offering" willingly without complaining. 3 universities, 4 more to go. More jobs for sacked lecturers, more employment for unskilled and skilled individuals, more options for undergraduates to gain admission. More work for plumbers, electricians, bricklayers, engineers, doctors, nurses etc.

to all u haters, if u need admission and u can't afford it, please apply for the "scholarship" package. Tell me what better incentive can they offer than that. No private university can ever be cheap and that depends on what u term as expensive.

Some secondary schools in lagos charge per term what this universities charge per session and some of u are here complaining of high fees. I say it with all boldness and l stand to be challenged. Covenant university is the cheapest private university when u compare its facilities as related with others in its class.
ow many of ur siblings or children r goin 2 CU
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by tellwisdom: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2012
Wonderful in the lord embarassed embarassed
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by OkwaIfugo(m): 9:39am On Oct 24, 2012
Looks, Turns Left and changes mind to right and then passes..... tongue
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by maxproxl: 9:40am On Oct 24, 2012
acidtalk: And some people who are still struggling to buy JAMB form for their children are still paying tithe.

I was troubled and aexcited at the same time so I had to put a call through to speak to the man of god.

Acidtalk - Sir, it seems you have lots of interest in the Education Sector and Aviation.

MOG - Well, those are very lucrative businesses which will forever blossom no matter the Economy situation of a country.

Acidtalk - Sir, how affordable would the school be considering the present economy situation in the country.

MOG - Well, Affordable enough for the Elite and Politicians to pay for their children.

Acidtalk - What about the average and below average Nigerians who want quality education in the country?

Acidtalk - But sir, most of these children's parents contributed in paying tithe and offering but can't afford to pay the exhorbitant fees charged in your schools.

Acidtalk - Sir, can you do the school free for the less priviledged as Jesus would have done during his time?

Answer to your dumb questions.
The less priviledged(if there is really anything like that) can apply to universities they can afford or apply for the scholarship package at covenant or landmark.

"Life is in phases and men are in sizes". That's one of oyedepos quotes. As Private primary and scondary schools are not for everyone, so also are private universities. Whether owned by an individual or a church. Go to ota and see how the area developed just because of covenant. Go to omuaran(a small village in kwara state) and see how the area is fast developing just because of landmark. The same trend happened in ogbomoso and ago-iwoye when lautech and OSU were established. Am sure u know these two state universities l mentioned are also quite expensive.

So If u don't have better things to say or do, l advice u to take your girlfriend out on a date. Mrbiggs or tantalizers will be okay for you since you beef high class people. Msheeeew

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by ollie86(m): 9:41am On Oct 24, 2012
MAYOWAAK: The Chancellor of Covenant University (CU), Ota, Ogun State and the Bishop of Living Faith Worldwide, Dr. David Oyedepo, has said that the foundation for the third of the planned seven universities of the church will be laid in January, next year.

Bishop Oyedepo spoke yesterday during a media briefing to mark the 10th anniversary of Covenant University.

He said his intervention in education sector was to prove that sanity could still return to the much troubled sector in the country.

He said the plan to establish four universities in Nigeria and three others to be spread in West, Central and East African nations was part of the church’s resolve to reclaim the lost glories in the continent.

The cleric said the third ivory tower, which will be named Crown University, would be sited in Calabar, Cross Rivers State. The university will primarily focus on Maritime studies.

Bishop Oyedepo blamed the rot in the nation’s education system on what he described as ill-advised decision of the government to take over schools from the missionaries. He said the foundation of education in the country cannot be discussed without the influence of the missionaries, who he said established the first school in Badagry in 1843.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/news/we-ll-lay-our-third-varsity-foundation-in-january-oyedepo/
Just passing
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by epmmiks: 10:12am On Oct 24, 2012
WHEN HE WAS FASTING FOR YEARS U WHERE EATING SINNING AND SLEEPING ! NOW THAT HE IS REAPING THE FRUIT OF THE HIGH PRICE HE PAID U SUDDENLY ARE JUST WAKING UP FROM UR SLUMBER LIKE A DRUNKARD. Its not too late give ur life to Christ and connect to the flow and streams of the heavenly abundance

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 24, 2012
dareyking: @acidtalk me love this guy die...Lmao @topic# so speechlez dun knw wat to say.

Another fa.g, I pity acid talk! Let the God of "papa" not punish you for ur senseless post!
Anyways whatever you do in this world people must complain, so *in GEJ's voice** "I don't give a damm!
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by iyes(m): 10:27am On Oct 24, 2012
Megalomania in motion!

Now that he has amassed much money, enough to build a 3rd university, will it not be more beneficial to concentrate on just one university, using the money to expand and upgrade facilities there, and make tuition and accommodation free, leaving feeding only to the students' parents to caterv for?

By so doing, will the indigent children of the poor and average members of the church, as well as non-members in the society not be better off for it? As is now, only children of looters and politricians, economic saboteurs, drug peddlers, ritualist, oil bunkerers, armed robbers, etc who are either members or non-members of his church can afford the gaddemn schools.

mtcheeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Emmy9ite(m): 10:37am On Oct 24, 2012
maxpro-xl:

Answer to your dumb questions.
The less priviledged(if there is really anything like that) can apply to universities they can afford or apply for the scholarship package at covenant or landmark.

"Life is in phases and men are in sizes". That's one of oyedepos quotes. As Private primary and scondary schools are not for everyone, so also are private universities. Whether owned by an individual or a church. Go to ota and see how the area developed just because of covenant. Go to omuaran(a small village in kwara state) and see how the area is fast developing just because of landmark. The same trend happened in ogbomoso and ago-iwoye when lautech and OSU were established. Am sure u know these two state universities l mentioned are also quite expensive.

So If u don't have better things to say or do, l advice u to take your girlfriend out on a date. Mrbiggs or tantalizers will be okay for you since you beef high class people. Msheeeew

Sir. Emmy9ite likes this! smiley
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by iyes(m): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2012
It is only in Nigerian brand of christianity that money and riches are taken as synonymous with God's blessings.

What Oyedepo and his type of prosperity preachers do is nothing spiritual or act of God. They are merely motivational speakers, and are poorer versions of those that litter western nations, especially USA, who have been at it for centuries. The difference is that they operate in an impoverished economy, and so can easily bamboozle people and get stupendous wealth out of it.

In a well structured and lawful country, 5% of what the worshippers of Oyedepo (not worshippers of God) count as the guy's wealth will not be in his hands. He dares not come a mile near such monies. If you doubt me, ask Matthew Ashimolowo why he fled the UK

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by opeoluwa2(f): 10:55am On Oct 24, 2012
swoosh: The churches should establish scholarships for children of their less previledged members to be able to attend these schools. It just makes sense

For those of u who doesn't know abt the church and it programmes .u need proper information before spilling gibberish.
Landmark University is currently running on schoolarship from it first year.so long ur gradepoints doesn't drop,till your final year.two months ago,this scholarship was still announced and you don't need to bribe anyone to get the form it strictly on merit.
Secondly, these universities care ,provide security their student are not "aluurised" they dnt suffer from draught of lectures,no power failure during exams.
I remember my days in UI,we are always having water and electricity problem during exams period.
What about cultism?How many times have you heard that rival groups clashed in CU.
Ten years of CU, no evil report rather,the students are always soaring high in their various field of endeavour.
Haters try and admit the truth, CU and most privite university is a breath of fresh Air in our educational system.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by BrutusOj(m): 11:07am On Oct 24, 2012
all4naija: I don't really understand what you are trying to pass across. It's clear Convenant University could be better. Harvard university upgrade the education system and standard every now and then.

Please, spare me this over-exaggeration of the CU standard. I don't think it is in the first 1000 best universities of the world.
nice point there.I must say dis even dou I don't pay tithe or offering in his church o..if he has d money to build 7 standard universities,why can't he build just one sub-standard to help d less priviledge?at least he shud help d poor with one afordable university like our state university and we wu den aplaude him.Is his mission n vision for d educational sector for only d high class?kai...apostolic work is no longer like during Apostle Paul n d rest oo...
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by benzion72(m): 11:40am On Oct 24, 2012
I can see so many ranting of an ant here. Oyedepo is building schools from primary to the University and foolish and unlearned people are crying foul. Is he the only Pastor that take tithe in Nigeria where are others keeping there own. So many governors honourable, Ministers even president are missmanaging so many resources and nobody here is shouting foul. Nicholo Macheveli has said people don't appreciate there benefactor. Do you know what it take to build a University the number of lecturrer teaching and non teaching staff that will earn there livelihood there. If we have 100 Oyedepo in Nigeria she will better than the United State.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by miqos02(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2012
weldone done man of God
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 24, 2012
Nigeria is a strange place. Here you find the most intelligent cunning beings on earth and the dumbest. Oledepo's tithe brigade! continue in your foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by iyes(m): 11:48am On Oct 24, 2012
For all you rapping about the standards of Oyedepo's universities, scholarships, and all what not as justification for him to continue to amass personal wealth and blow his ego out of proportion on the platter of church members' contributions, answer this simple question:

Now that he has amassed much money, enough to build a 3rd university, will it not be more beneficial to concentrate on just one university, using the money to expand and upgrade facilities there, and make tuition and accommodation free, leaving feeding only to the students' parents to cater for?

By so doing, will the indigent children of the poor and average members of the church, as well as non-members in the society not be better off for it?

Check out what Catholic University in Europe is doing; free education for all (i.e. tuition and accommodation free, leaving feeding only to the students), non-citizens inclusive, as long as you pass the entrance grade. Let Oyedepo emulate this and we shall be first to clap for him.

The problem with the Blackman is simple; lack of ability to organize to benefit the weak on a corporate and government level. So if a few rich kids can enter Oyedepo's schools, and get schorlarships, the rest of his congregation are ok? What is wrong with our thinking in this part vof the world? Once we can afford something for ourselves, and settle our families, we believe all is well. How about that pepper seller, the vulcanizer, the bus conductor's children who may be the next greatest scientist or economist, but languishing out there because their parents, who are members of Oyedepo's empire, can't even afford to buy the admission forms?

Yet some are here praising the multi-trillionaire motivational speaker as a messiak man of God! While he hasn't scratched the surface of what he can potentially do to impact on the next generation?

Make no mistake about it, check out history, the people who lead countries or peoples in all fields of human endeavour, and create greatness needed in every generations don't come from the homes of the rich, the aristocrats, or from palaces. They are raised from the squallours of life. This is because the experiences and wisdom required to breed a generation changer are found in the hardship of life of the less priviledged. If it were not so, even Oyedepo himself will not be where he is now, only the Children of Samuel Ajayi Crothwer should be the greatest church leaders of today - like the Winners Chapel.

Herein lies the danger for Nigeria that has neglected the poor and their children to rot, yet want to develop!!!

Mtcheeeeeeewwwwwwww!!!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by dare2think: 11:54am On Oct 24, 2012
The ignorance of the Majority of Nigerian Christians is nauseating. We have thousands of years to go before we attain the level of enlightenment needed to improve that nation as a whole.

A man is using religion to enrich himself and building edifices and structures for the elites and their siblings and people cant see the fundamental flawed ideology contained within. The love of money, the greed of people, the elevation of man to god-like status, the monetization of religion, everything the pioneer of the Christian faith , Jesus, gave his life for is used as the tool to propagate his name.

For a nation that claims to possess intelligent graduates and general population, we are one of the most foolish set of people. We have let religion take control, what is seen as corrupt practises is seen as blessings as long as religion is involved. We let big buildings and structures blind our honesty and integrity. Little wonder political injustice thrives in Nigeria.

It does not matter what an ill-gotten money is used for, building hospitals or universities, a time will come when it will come crushing down. Because you cant build a entity on the back deceit and lies. Vanity!

Ofcourse, I do not expect ignorant minds to understand my post.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by iyes(m): 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
@ dare2think:

GOD BLESS YOU!!!

We have too many educated illiterates in Nigeria to appreciate or perform simple reasoning, and not just follow bandwagons for the "feel good factor" effect.

In a saner country, Oyedepo will be behind bars for misappropriation and embezzlement of public funds to build his personal empire and acquire private jet. Now, "public funds" does not mean government funds as many Nigerians think.

If you don't understand it, ask Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo about his escape from UK because of church's funds.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by webbaba: 12:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
You cannot understand the secret neither do I grin grin grin

peterowode: why is this pastor getting all the money to build this multi-billion naira universities.
this one pass tithe and offering
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by SamAfrik(m): 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2012
I still believe the solution to the multi-dimensional problems Nigeria is facing lies with the CHURCH. Nigerian churches have so much wealth, power & influence.
Imagine what will happen if all our big 'indigenious' churches come together and decide to take up more social work in addition to thier spiritual responsibilities .... They can indeed make a huge difference in our contemporary world.
Kudos to those that are already working to reduce the unemployment level.
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by sleekymag(m): 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2012
dare2think: The ignorance of the Majority of Nigerian Christians is nauseating. We have thousands of years to go before we attain the level of enlightenment needed to improve that nation as a whole.

A man is using religion to enrich himself and building edifices and structures for the elites and their siblings and people cant see the fundamental flawed ideology contained within. The love of money, the greed of people, the elevation of man to god-like status, the monetization of religion, everything the pioneer of the Christian faith , Jesus, gave his life for is used as the tool to propagate his name.

For a nation that claims to possess intelligent graduates and general population, we are one of the most foolish set of people. We have let religion take control, what is seen as corrupt practises is seen as blessings as long as religion is involved. We let big buildings and structures blind our honesty and integrity. Little wonder political injustice thrives in Nigeria.

It does not matter what an ill-gotten money is used for, building hospitals or universities, a time will come when it will come crushing down. Because you cant build a entity on the back deceit and lies. Vanity!

Ofcourse, I do not expect ignorant minds to understand my post.

Well, when some supposedly enlightened minds are already prejudiced, they fail to see the great intentions of visionary leaders like Bishop Oyedepo. Hence you wonder who the real ignorant minds are. grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013 by sleekymag(m): 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
For the records, recently President Goodluck Jonathan announced a scholarship scheme for 100 first class graduates of Nigerian Universities to study in any of the top 25 universities in the world. So all first class graduates had to write the various aptitude tests. Of the 100 scholarships available, 12 of them were from Covenant University! That's like one in every eight students chosen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teacher Brutalizes Nursery 1 Pupill Over Assignment / Uniport 2010/2011 Post Utme Cut-off Mark / Mini Electric Sewing Machine For Student @ #9000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.