Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:29 AM

Questions About Islamic Schools and Education - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions About Islamic Schools and Education (1335 Views)

Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About Islamic Schools and Education by exu(m): 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2006
Who funds the religious schools?

What is taught there besides the Koran?

Approximately how much time is given to teaching the Koran in relation to any other subjects?

Is there anything that isn't taught to girls but is taught to boys (and vice versa)?
Re: Questions About Islamic Schools and Education by charlisco(m): 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2006
Who found the religious school?
Are you talking of the first islamic school in the world, in your country (england) or in Nigeria?
Re: Questions About Islamic Schools and Education by exu(m): 7:27pm On Apr 18, 2006
Apologies, the question is about the Islamic schools in Nigeria.
Re: Questions About Islamic Schools and Education by baabolight(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2006
Writing directly to the schools will supply you with full information rather than half-truths you are likely to get from this forum. Don't know how to contacts the schools, ask YAHOO or GOOGLE!
Re: Questions About Islamic Schools and Education by zarah(f): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2006
Ok this may not answer your question in full. so i am giving you an example from the one's i have seen.

The schools are usually funded by individuals.
Every other subject you know is taught. i mean ALL of English, Math, Physics, Chem, Bio, Econs, Foods & nutr, Intro-tech, literature in eng, Further math etc.

Quar'an is taught at the same unit, and the same timing as other subjects like hadith, tafsir, fiqh etc.

the purpose is not solely to teach the qur'an but to raise you in the way of islam by instilling it's disciplines, it's teachings and ways in you. and still give you formal education.

i hope this helps, but i can call one of the schools and get the answers for you, if you so desire.
Re: Questions About Islamic Schools and Education by olabowale(m): 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2006
The first revealed verse of the Qur'an is IQRA. This means read. Islam, therefore encourages and commands educating yourself. An authentic adith, the messenger of the Almighty Allah, Muhammad ibn Abdallah (SAW) said that one should seek knowledge even it has to be that you go to China for it. Please take your time to think about this. China to the Arabian land at this time must have been very remote considering that camel or a mule or a horse was the means of travelling. The route in the desert was very treacherous, even today. Lack of water and limited supply was the order of the day, yet it was important to seek knowledge. After the first war between the young Islamic nation of madina and the Idol worshippers of makka, the Muslims who were victorious captured many from the Makkans. The makkans were to obtain their freedom by teaching/educating the Muslims. Finally, if you were ever in the same class with any one who had been taught Qur'an and sunnah, you will realize that you have to work hard to evenbegin to compete with them in knowledge. These persons who have had a thorough islamic education are always at the top of their classes.
In Qur'an, you will find the best journalisic piece, for exaple Chapter on Joseph and all chapters. In Qur'an, you will find all aspects of Enginnering, I happened to have studied Civil in America and then later on in life began to teach myselfby Allah's permission the Qur'an. You will see where buildings and lofty structures that even the engineers of today mavels at. in Qur'an you will find out about space explorations in Chapter of the merciful, Al Rahman. In Qur'an you will find matters of all aspects of business, marketing, Sociology, mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology; botany and zoology, Agriculture, horticulture, Medicine,; reproduction, gestation, lactation, didetion, analysis of pain and pleasure. For example it is in Qur'an that the knowledge of pain is descibed and clearly associated with the skin. So when the skin is damaged by fire and there is no more feeling in it because all the capillaries are dead, God Almighty said He will change it with a new skin so taht the person can feel the pain from the newly obtained skin. It is the Qur'an that described the heart chambers and the circulation of blood, excretions and many aspect of living to numerous to mention. If only the Muslim apply the Qur'an to the life in the truest intensions, then you will see that Islam is not only good for religious life but for your day to day living, secularly of otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

Joseph Or David: Whats Your View? / Famous Muslim Converts / Oluwa Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.