Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,087 members, 7,842,122 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Berti Vogts Must Go - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Berti Vogts Must Go (12166 Views)

Poll: Should Berti Vogts be sacked?

Yes: 74% (182 votes)
No: 25% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Ex-Germany Boss Berti Vogts Tells Why Gareth Bale Won't Make It / Berti Vogts Pelted With Toilet Paper In Azerbajan. / Berti Vogts Drags Nff To Fifa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by sley4life(m): 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2008
Vogt should go back to Germany. He is a failure. His coaching certificate should be seized becos it is a fake one. He should be flogged with horsewhip and must explain where he got his coaching certificate
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dee02(m): 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2008
dat fu*king clueless dimwit must be showered in acid
the only good thing to come out of Germany is a mercedes!
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by nigeria1: 11:46pm On Feb 04, 2008
Yobe killed nigeria. All goal at the nation cup came mostly because of him. check the video. Yobe fail to defend. I said so before the match. do not play Yobe, or use him as a middle fielder,
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by McKren(m): 11:53pm On Feb 04, 2008
nigeria1:

Yobe killed nigeria. All goal at the nation cup came mostly because of him. check the video. Yobe fail to defend. I said so before the match. do not play Yobe, or use him as a middle fielder,

With all due respect u might be watching a different game, our defenders and Goal keeper were the most dedicated.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by nigeria1: 11:59pm On Feb 04, 2008
Yobe killed us, here is the video, watch the first goal, Yobe again essien,

and Watch the second goal again, Yobe again, Watch all other goal during the nation cup. It was alway Yobe not doing his job,

http://.COM/smf/index.php/topic,8437.0.html
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by DoubleN(m): 9:03am On Feb 05, 2008
blah blah blah! Same old story.Anytime Nigeria f***s up,we blame it on the coach. If you knew the coach was messed up why did you hire him in the first place?The blame should go to the Players who where not motivated and showed no signs of passion to lift the trophy and our confused German.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Abdullah87: 10:33am On Feb 05, 2008
BREAKING NEWS!!!

NORBIT BETTY HERBERT HANS YOGHURT VOLKSWAGEN HAS BEEN SACKED!!!!!

ITS OFFICIAL!!!!!!
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Abdullah87: 10:38am On Feb 05, 2008
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=102375

NO MORE VOLKSWAGEN!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OLISEH, AMOKACHI, OKOCHA, KESHI, SIASIA LETS GO!
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Pamperme: 10:41am On Feb 05, 2008
Abdullah87:

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=102375

NO MORE VOLKSWAGEN!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OLISEH, AMOKACHI, OKOCHA, KESHI, SIASIA LETS GO!

i knew it will get to this
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by wy2000(m): 11:41am On Feb 05, 2008
Berti goat should have been sacked afterthe Mali match. It was obvious then that if u had qaulified for quater final , that if was not because of his input.
The coach should take the responsibility for the failure, before others because, he assembled the team, coached them and chooses the players on the pitch at any time. If the players fielded on the pitch were not playing with passion, then "he choose and fielded them". Berti goat's team were not palying with any passion, he also lost the tactical battle most of the time.

Next is the NFA that employed him, and also the team of "experts" that spent our time and money travelling to europe to look for a coach, and ended up with a scotland reject. These people are OUR MAIN PROBLEM!!!!

Next if the team themselves, most of them were not playing with passion, like they wanted to win. even is the coach was a GOAT ( of which Berti more than qualified), the players were the people on the pitch, they should have the will to win. Only Osaze, shittu and uche played like they wanted to win. Yakubu is a matterfor another day.

We dont need a foriegn coach to succed, we have more than enough choices from Siasia, Keshi, Oliseh, Iroha and Equavon to choose from. But after Berti we should also sack the NFA, only them will Nigerian football get a fresh lease of life
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by seguno2: 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2008
Super(?) Eagles, Patriotism & Miracle seekers
================================

I find our comments about the Eagle's failure very surprising but not unusual, rather typical Naija.
1. SUPER Eagles - The super is just like when we refer to our country as the Giant of Africa, even though we are only giant in population that has not translated into socio-economic benefits. Did we not perform consitently better when we were plain GREEN Eagles
Nowadays, we are too engrossed in unjustified self-aggrandisement both at the personal and collective levels.
2. PATRIOTISM - It seems patriotism is only meant for the "labourers" or ordinary citizens not for those who break the laws & loot the treasury blind and by so doing encourage others including football administrators to do likewise. Na everybody dey smart, abi no be so
Why should the players perform impressively and play their hearts out if their welfare is not adequately catered for or guaranteed despite the billions allocated to sports?
When was the last time our country featured on any top medal list in a global athletic event?
3. MIRACLE - I guess we were expecting that we will again "wobble & fumble" through to winning the cup, especially after defeating our tiny neighbours, Benin that fielded a number of Nigeria-born players. Well our exit just shows that work & pray is what wins the race NOT pray only.
Hopefully we will, individually, reflect on our sordid societal situation that manifests in all aspects of our national life and take small steps of positive change
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by nigeria1: 6:15pm On Feb 05, 2008
It was not his fault. It was YOBE WHO KILLED NIGERIA. and check the picture of the team. Do this team look like super eagles or under 16,  They were too young. Check mali or Cameroon team. All of them be grand pa,

check yobe ,  In the first goal,  and check also the picture of Yobe in the second goal. Yobe killed NIGERIA.

Yobe also gave the ball away to Ivory coast Kalou,  and fail to get it back for their goal,
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by camegirl(f): 11:34pm On Feb 05, 2008
grandpa cameroun qualify wetin happen to young and fres nigerians

see how ghana dey abouse una
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/artikel.php?ID=138682
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by hotfunmi(f): 8:53am On Feb 06, 2008
Former Eagles captain Sunday Oliseh rumored to repalce Berti Vogts

By Alistair Magowan

Former Nigeria captain Sunday Oliseh says he wants to help rebuild Nigeria's football reputation after Nigerian officials failed to back Berti Vogts.

Vogts's position will be reviewed later this week after the Super Eagles' worst Nations Cup display for 25 years.

Oliseh told BBC Sport: "I think it's time that those of us who have played at the highest level, it's time we took charge because it is heartbreaking."

Nigeria bowed out after they lost 2-1 to 10-man Ghana in the quarter-finals.

Oliseh, who won the Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria in 1994, added: "I have been asked if I would like the job and I think it is time that those of us who have the experience and have played a part in what Nigerian football is today, I think it's time - the solution is in our hands."

Following the Super Eagles exit from Ghana, Nigerian Football Association chairman Sanni Lulu told BBC Sport: "The players tried their best and we (the NFA) did all we could, so there must only be one thing wrong."

Nigeria's performance represents the worst showing at the Cup of Nations since 1982 when they went out at the group stage.

Since then, the two-time winners have reached the semi-finals each time they have played in the tournament, winning it in 1994 and contesting the final on four other occasions.

Oliseh is currently coaching in Belgium and will return to the UK to complete his Uefa A Licence later this year.

© 2008 BBC

want him or not?
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Epiphany(m): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2008
My people, if we are all singing the tune that Berty must go, let us also include, Yar'Adua, Some ministers and governors.

It is a waste of time trying to sanitize the Football (sports) sector, while other aspects of the economy are still in shambles. Our soccer can NEVER progress if the people running our affairs are not forward looking people.

Personally, i think countries that perform well are a product of a healthy economy!
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Blatant: 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2008
Clueless retired contractors run your football and you expect progress.

They always tell you that the white man can do better than yourselves. Why do the Nigerian coaches never get enough time to build their teams and someone says Berti should be given time. You don't need plenty of time as a National team manager. It's different from managing a club.

White rejects always come to manage our teams and we think we'll ever develop. We don't esteem ourselves highly enough to believe we are good. it manifests in everything we do in our lives: we believe the foreigner is always better than us. We will forever remain 2nd/3rd class in every aspect of life.

Berti was sacked and disgraced in Scotland and we started hailing him as messiah. Real radio in Scotland banned Berti's name from ever being mentioned on their station because of the way he ruined their football. Scotland has since been using indigenous coaches and Scotland has really moved up FIFA rankings, even beating France home and away in the process.

You all should examine yourselves and see if you are not like the NFA; always believing that the foreigner is better than Nigerians
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by cisse7575(m): 8:34pm On Feb 06, 2008
Common sense will tell us that Berti will not take the eagles to any where. I don't like criticizing, but I will like to say the fact here. The problem is wiht NFA, not the coach, after all they are the one that employed the amateur at best. Eagles needs a coach that is familiar wiht them. Imagine him saying Okocha is not fit for this tournament, even my daughter, age 8 years knows that we need okocha, plus this Yakubu is doing noting other than busy chewing his chew gum on the pitch without playing anything at all. Now we have lost that, the questions now is who do we need as a new coach? The world cup qualifying match start off this year, June or July and we are still deliberating on who should coach us, to me, I will say, Auguafon(sorry for the mispelt) is OK if given the type of support this Berti was given, the guy will bring home the 2010 Nation;s cup trophy and perform well in the 2010 world cup, that is if we even qualify.

We have good players, here are my line up

Ejide,
Shitu
Taye
Yobo
Mikel
Okocha
Kanu
Martins
Osaze
Uche
Utaka
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by samyyoung1(m): 12:44am On Feb 11, 2008
o ma lo ni oooo
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by deni28: 10:57pm On Feb 14, 2008
why not? that is not a question at all.was chukwu not sacked when he brought bronze? So why should someone who brought disgrace be left alone.Simple we dont need foreign coaches.
Agunbiade john

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Water SKI & Wakeboard Federation To Establish Facilities For Training / Obafemi Martins Seeks Nigeria Recall / Amuneke Expresses Interest In Super Eagles Coaching Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.