Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,941 members, 7,838,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Berti Vogts Must Go - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Berti Vogts Must Go (12160 Views)

Poll: Should Berti Vogts be sacked?

Yes: 74% (182 votes)
No: 25% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Ex-Germany Boss Berti Vogts Tells Why Gareth Bale Won't Make It / Berti Vogts Pelted With Toilet Paper In Azerbajan. / Berti Vogts Drags Nff To Fifa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 10:33pm On Jan 27, 2008
Now South Africa and Perreira are almost out just like Nigeria that neans Perreira a former world cup winner with Brazil is bad.

A coach is 70% of the time as good as the players he has Nigeria and South Africa have crappy players but Vogts and Perreira are still world class coaches
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 10:43pm On Jan 27, 2008
Look at the quality of the players Vogts has in Nigeria and i still hear some people that he should be given the chance to build a team. South Africa is a couuntry that's not supposed to blame their coach instead giving a chance to build a team not Nigeria.
Nigeria ahve the players, the only thing needed is a good coach to utilse the players. So if a coach can't score a goal from 2 matches against teams like Mali & Ivory Coast then he should just be buying his plane ticket back to is Country

Can you name and compare our players based on current form to Malians and Ivorians be fore we can come to your conclusion.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Uche2nna(m): 11:38pm On Jan 27, 2008
On Current form it is very obvious that the malians and the Ivorians have the upper hand.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 12:01am On Jan 28, 2008
Excellent post from Uche2nna
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by McOmo(m): 12:24am On Jan 28, 2008
Berti should be sacked !!!  cool

of what good is a coach that can't better the records of indigenous coaches ?  shocked

SIASIA PERFORMED cool

AMODU PERFORMED  cool

CHUKWU PERFORMED  cool

ONIGBINDE PERFORMED   cool

EGUAVOEN PERFORMED  cool

BABA YEMI TELLA  . . . .GOD BLESS You EVEN AS You SLEEP ON !!!  cry

BERTI VOGTS-WAGEN FAILEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD !!!  angry
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Cougar: 1:50am On Jan 28, 2008
berti vogts should be retained. he is a world class manager. the nfa should work with him and ensure adequate preparation next time.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by DualCore1: 3:26am On Jan 28, 2008
Cougar:

berti vogts should be retained. he is a world class manager. the nfa should work with him and ensure adequate preparation next time.

grin grin

dayokanu:

Vogts still world class coach
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by McOmo(m): 3:32am On Jan 28, 2008
@Jackal

thats all u can say abi ?  undecided

for all the brains u claim u possess  shocked

shame on u  tongue

world class manager ko . . .local school manager ni  angry
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by adconline(m): 9:06am On Jan 28, 2008
its for people of complex who think that a white man can perform miralces even when the odds are against him. I also find it very difficult that Nigerians believe in too much miracle instead of hard work. I could not recall a Nigerian player who is in top scoring table in his league, yet we still want to win.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by iykedee: 9:29am On Jan 28, 2008
We need to sack this money-hungry bastard that has no love for the country he is coaching. He wldnt live in Nigeria and complains about our food while other bigger coaches live in countries like Rwanda, Angola and other less developed countries. He must be sacked and no money should be wasted on buying paper and posting his sack letter. HE MUST BE SACKED BY SMS.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by owolowo(m): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2008
Is it the problem of the coach or the players? Many people are blaming the coach but have we ever thought of the players playing like pregnant women on the field. These players are professionals but refused to be committed to their fatherland. Have you watched them in their club levels playing? They always playing their hearts out but playing for their country does not need much strength. Why is Mike given more red cards in premiership not that he is hard but commitment. The problem is the players and if we are not careful Benin might wipe us which I don't pray because I want Nigeria to move ahead.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by slavia(m): 10:24am On Jan 28, 2008
Hello all, i just joined nairaland and saw this topic. i feel i have something to say.
i dont mean to be cruel but i honestly think we dont need the likes of Vogts as Nigeria's head coach. we are talking about super eagles not eaglets or flying eagles (who i must admit have made Nigerian's prouder). we shouldnt forget that Nigeria is seen as a giant in African football, it was because of Naija's 94 world cup feat that FIFA increased its slot for Africa.  Nigeria parades the most no of stars in foregin land doing so well in their respective clubs. Not minding the fact that most of these players are more devoted to their clubs than to their fatherland which is stupid i must say but i is the job of the coach to know who is serious and who is not, after all there are many nigerian players praying for a chance to play for nigeria.
its such a pity that things have turned out this way. its strictly the coaches fault, he lacks technicality and for the record he did equally poorly in scotland before we engaged him.
it is unfair, cos the super eagles just make their fans look stupid. can u believe that a team like naija has not scored even a mistake goal in two games.
HE SHOULD BE FIRED, WE HAVE SEEN BETTER you should have heard westerhof speaking after the match. he spoke so much sense about the defaults he saw in the team . well na God be our only hope now
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by mamalaj(f): 10:31am On Jan 28, 2008
U guys saying its not his fault just want to be different,we all know that the IDIOT is as good as gone,even if he is not sacked he will resign on his own volition cos he knows he is a failure.How can some one who claims to be a technical adviser not know how to be technical?me sef that is not a coach would not make the useless changes he did,the most annoying was when he removed Osaze,when it was obvious that he was the only one trying on the field,can u imagine wat the BIG FOOL said?he said he is not afraid of beign sacked,atleast thank God he has not failed in realising that,am sure his name VOGTS MEANS FAILURE IN GERMAN.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 28, 2008
sad as it is, those nigerian players are the best the country can offer. and none of them can boast of regular first team even in their second rated european teams. on paper nigeria comes third. so why the hype about berti vogts. fact is as big a nation as nigeria is we are simple not good enough. we just believe in ourselves and in past glory.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by harios: 10:42am On Jan 28, 2008
ys oh, he needs to go home
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by slavia(m): 10:53am On Jan 28, 2008
mamalah, pls dont mind that shameless man. HE SAID HE WONT RESIGN OH!! but ofcourse u need need to know his fat salary, then u will understand. i just think that his type is not what nigeria needs. i also think nigeria needs times like the last (not qualifying for world cup) and now (losing out in the group stages) to take things seriously
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Emperoh(m): 11:08am On Jan 28, 2008
PLEASE WHEN IS CLEMENCE WESTERHOFF COMING BACk. THE GUY WAS ALMOST CRYING ON SUPER SPORTS ON THE DAY OF THE MATCH AS A GUEST ANALYST. I think he's the only one who understands the Nigerian Football Politricks nd Local Football very well. He also runs Kwara state;s Football College of Excellence in Offa. Thats the Only foreign Coah that will make sense to me if can;t hire the types of Arsene Wenger Juande Ramos Jose Mourinho or My UNCLE grin Sir ALEX FERGUSON.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Maxidoe(m): 11:36am On Jan 28, 2008
It is a shame and disgrace,i cant understand.Before the nations cup i told my friends we did not have a creative midfield,which every body including coconut,instead of that stupid German Animal to concentrate on looking and seraching for one,he instaed remained in his country and only comes to Nigeria month end to sign papers and collect his millions.He has indeed proven to be the a coconut of the highest order.If not in our match against CIV why replace an injured Kanu with a useless mamal called Okonkwo,and Martins for makinwa.And then second match the only reasonable Osaze was replaced,Imagine,do i need to be a Coach to know that was a dumb move?As for the players, Osaze,Taiwo,and Shitu have vindicated themselves,Yobo has aqlso tried,but for others i just wonder.So sad we care administered by a group of Clowns called NFA,National sport Commision,and a daft coach,fucking IMBECILES.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by viee(f): 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2008
when i read this article some months back, i laughed because though it was thought provoking, it was also funny
now 6 months later, d ;laughter has vanished from my face, make una read too, it was written on June 6, 2007

Those were the days, weren’t they, Berti?
Former Scotland manager Berti Vogts is having one seriously bad week. First, he gets pelted with rocks after his current team, Nigeria, lost to Uganda in a qualifying match. He had apparently been considering leaving the post for some time, and the prospect of dodging more stones probably didn’t do anything to discourage this idea. Now, to add insult to (the threat of) injury, Vogts’ bosses in the Nigerian FA claim he can leave if he wants … they really don’t care.
“Are we worried over Vogts’ resignation? Nobody is worried here,” said FA spokesman Ademala Olajire. “He is a common employee who wants to leave. If he leaves, we will employ another person. We cannot lose sleep over his reported resignation. But he should make it formal.”
Feel the love, Berti? Maybe they’re starting to realize what the Scots learned in 2004 … no matter if you’re coaching Nigeria, Scotland, Germany, Kuwait, or whatever down-on-their-luck nation hires you next, you’re just not that good of a coach. Don’t get me wrong … I hope he doesn’t get hit by a rock … although his results over the years clearly indicate that a knock on the head might not be the worst thing.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by sexlover: 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2008
Even after Berti vogts is sacked, will that change our FIFA rating?

We went to london to play friendlies with Ghana & lost d match. Our rating fell like crazy.

Who can guess what our rating will be at the end of the nations cups? That's more damage than can be imagined.

Berti vogts, NFA, NSC should be sacked.

Also, some of the players should be banned from playing for the national team
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by davidif: 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2008
All of you opening your mouth to say that they should fire Berti Vogts, do you know how much it will cost to buy out his contract i thought so, let me just put it this way, it will cost you your yearly salary for 10 years to do that, so you guys should just keep quiet jare.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by youngharry: 2:49pm On Jan 28, 2008
VOGT BERTI MUST GO UNFALLINGLY OR ELSE
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by sexlover: 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2008
Mr Davidif, u better keep ur opinion to urself and walk out of here before i descend on u angry
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by davidif: 2:53pm On Jan 28, 2008
@mrsexlover
What are you going to do?? why not go take out money from your bank account and buy out his contract instead of crying by a computer. Nonsense, you guys bitching here all need a life. angry angry angry
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by sexlover: 3:10pm On Jan 28, 2008
I no blame u
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by software(m): 3:33pm On Jan 28, 2008
the guy must go ooooooooooooooooo
am tired and sick of him and his killer squad
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by toluwalomo(m): 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2008
Baboon Vogts, I know where you stay anytime you are in the Federal Captital Territory.

Let's hope for both our sakes, you don't show up there for the next 2 weeks.

Me and my people have put a stake-out on your white ass!
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by hilli666(m): 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2008
Wow, there are a lot of things you nitwits dont understand. Its amazing how we can simplify the most complex of situations while on the other hand, complicate the most simple things. Beign a coach, is not so simple! Its not just about putting the right player at the right spot. its a lot more perverse than that. First of all there are the special interest groups, that demand certain players (those who are either affiliated to them by tribe or affinity) play while other forfeit. Now these special interest group, are also responsible for sponsorhip of the teams. so for a coach to ignore their request might be an unwise choice. This is just a vague example, it gets a whole lot more complicated. Trust me.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Prince22(m): 5:13pm On Jan 28, 2008
Vogts did not understand this guys and this is not the time to start practicalised.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by tkb417(m): 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2008
Before you sack vogts, please make sure you shoot the players o cos if not if you employ Fabio capello with these set of bastards,they will lose to Sudan in Lagos!!!!

Vogts ko fatai atere ni. whether na him say make una no sabi put ball inside net.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by OpeLovely(f): 7:08pm On Jan 28, 2008
If the Late Yemi Tella who was a Naija coach could do it, i see nothing wrong in employing a local coach.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by tkb417(m): 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2008
If the Late Yemi Tella who was a Naija coach could do it, i see nothing wrong in employing a local coach.
very true. . he did it with the Under 17. Thats even if those guys aint 28. Some of them are even married. So why wont he do it. May his soul rest in peace.

Sebastin bodericks too did it, go and call him to coach Nigeria.
Ure doomed!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Interested in playing abroad? (footballers & basketballers) / Everton 1-0 Newcastle: Alex Iwobi Comes To Lampard’s Rescue With A Late Goal / Nigeria’s 21-player List For Women Cup Of Nations Released By CAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.