Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? (16758 Views)

Inspector Held For ‘forging’ Colleagues’ Promotion Signals (photo) / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Annoying Habits Of Co-workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by jephiano: 10:30am On Oct 26, 2012
OP additionally, search NL for the dude with this handle (dopejemi), check out his signature and apply it in ur life.....that should work big time!
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by tanimola22: 10:43am On Oct 26, 2012
Jarus: I joined a company and in less than 4 months, sent on foreign training, my colleague(who reports to same boss as me) and others who had been in the system before me, but had not been sent on training, started gossiping. They must have talked about it while I was away but one of them stylishly mentioned it when I came back.

My approach is to ignore and pretend as if you don't know. Relate with them normally, don't try to outshine them.

Congrats man. The highlighted is my strategy, but I tend to prove a point once in a blue moon so as to call people back to order...You know, we need to be overly assertive once in a long while. This does not mean pride, nor does it mean that one is trying to rubbish one's colleagues.

T22.
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Joyland(m): 10:48am On Oct 26, 2012
Get closer to GOD and they'll fall into their own pit.
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2012
Its really pains when someone for no reasons hurts you by word of mouth for a mere feeling of inferiority or untold competition.

Its a past tense for me because i work for myself now and employ people. So I will advice you to work towards financial independence.

Chikeena!
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by kodewrita(m): 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
Not really bothered about the envy but I think it might be related to the age difference and employee status. Cant say too much but sometimes you have companies with two categories of staff with some permanent and some non-permanent. Many of them fall into the latter category and they are quite advanced in years( read significant age difference with me younger and sometimes required to administer group tasks).

As for the former friend, he stayed in my flat and i had to kick him out once I discovered my life and times had become a twitter trend in the office. Plus he had no respect for his host, coming in and out at all hours and bringing home strangers. He had to go. Quite bitter about the quit notice I guess but very skilled at hiding it.

Part of it is blowback for me in the sense that i still havent completely gotten used to ordering/administering older people. I am quite concerned (a bit too much) about how they feel but I must get the job done.

Thanks for all the tips.

As for the reply about objective self assessment, all I can say is life is easy to assess in hindsight. I probably got a bit too close and was a bit less guarded about how ok I was. Not advertising anything or boasting stupidly in the office (actually I dont talk in the office if possible, too busy working to resolve issues/monitor tasks or surfing the web during downtime) but just taking it for granted that people would be ok seeing you living life exactly the way you want it.

But its nice to see that its a very common issue for many people. (not sure if thats a twisted thought).
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
jst ignore them

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2012
lareine: @ OP,you haven't said how you got yourself in this situation. Are you sure you d're not a schemer? People who rise to the top thru hardwork cannot have all his colleagues envying him or talking at his back.

Are you also sure you do not backstab in order to get favoured? Cos if you do, perhaps the person you claim is spearheading may have found out and told the others.

About your former friend, why is he or she "former?" What have you done to win your friendship back?

You need to check yourself first! Goodluck!

You may not have worked in the type of environment he described so i dont blame your doubts.
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
K,k:
I give them the middle finger every morning n after work. Works like magic, you should try it

Funny, sometimes you get pissed and react rashless so they know you got teeth.
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by NET1(m): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ignore them, but keep a low-profile.
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Pain(m): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2012
From the posts and responses it appears everyone here is a victim. My question is : " Who then are the culprits?" Could it be that there is an envious pie in everyone? God help you all!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by ukachimo: 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
If you can sell property on 5% commission as well as 22k basic and 25k rated according to the %age of ur target met, and all logistics provided, place of work: Opebi. U cash out ur commision every friday of the week, and collect ur salary every 2nd of the new month. Call Daniel 08094684524 for further enquiries. Or apply through our web site: www.Meritabode.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UPDATE: Npower Sent Out Acknowledgment Of Application / MTN Call Center -mayfair Garden By Cnssl/ison Bpo / HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.