Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Annoying Habits Of Co-workers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Annoying Habits Of Co-workers (5139 Views)

8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by babyme1(f): 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2010
What are those habits of your co-workers that piss you off? For me,i have this very nosy colleague that ask you what you're talking about even if you are on phone having a private talk. She also cuts into any discussion you're having with a client,as if she knows all and this seems so rude. She chews everything with her mouth open and it's driving me crazy.

I can go on and on,but the worst is the woman asking you the cost and where u bought any item she sees you with. Do you have some colleagues with annoying habits?
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by thweraja10: 2:07pm On Dec 17, 2010
I got a colleague who thinks he knows every thing and he likes bragging
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by babyme1(f): 2:35pm On Dec 17, 2010
How do you cope with that?
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by thweraja10: 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2010
I act as if he never existed that even get him annoyed the most. Just be silent whenever that kinda of person is talking and look at him with a tired look, He/she will just walk off
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by iice(f): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2010
I work with men.  It's like a pack thing not an individual thing. . .if you any of them a question, they'll answer you with something way out of point or in no relation to your question.  For them na joke ooo and it irritates me eh grin
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by AjanleKoko: 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2010
LOL@Topic,
How am I sure I'm not an annoying co-worker myself?

Anyways, I don't really have any colleague with annoying habits per se, but I generally detest 'senior management'. Always stuck-up, pretentious, cruel, and out of touch with the reality on ground.
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by babyme1(f): 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2010
iice:

I work with men. It's like a pack thing not an individual thing. . .if you any of them a question, they'll answer you with something way out of point or in no relation to your question. For them na joke ooo and it irritates me eh grin

Ive discovered that it's easier for a woman to get along better with male co-workers and vice versa. I believe you have a pleasant time working with them. BTW i now know why you such a tom-boy lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by iice(f): 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2010
Lol being around guys all my life, it follows i should be working with men. My dear, sometimes they can tease you mercilessly grin
Anytime i manage to wear a skirt to work. . .i get comments of when Ms. Universe pageant is starting? lol. Except for that out of point thing, i'm good.
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by babyme1(f): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2010
^^^^
Good for you my dear. I'm stuck here with a nosy mama cry
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by iice(f): 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2010
Ignore her sometimes. . .
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by babyme1(f): 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2010
iice:

Ignore her sometimes. . .

You don't know why i call the madam annoying. Ignore her now and she'll ask if you are ok,did u eat,is ur bf ok?etc angry
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by iice(f): 4:35pm On Dec 17, 2010
loool i know someone like that. I ignore the person ooo.
If silence doesn't work, resort of one word answers.
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 17, 2010
I work with some ladies who are always dashing out for one personal thing or the other. And all those ante natal, post natal, maternity leave, child immunization, etc. Who is going to do the work? Men are also parents.
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by babyme1(f): 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2010
I heard some coy grant paternal leave. Get someone pregnant so u'll be dashing out too,lol!
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2010
I am a father also and I never got any of those things.
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by cecegorz(m): 12:07pm On Dec 21, 2010
I used to have a colleague in my previous department who even though he was higher than us in grade and earns well ahead of us, but he will always like to know how much your bonus is, how much your housing allowance is, your leave allowance,  ah ah, it was too irritating, he will even want to know how much balance you have in your savings   
Honestly i felt like slapping him on one of those poke nosing missions.

Here, i am still studying them gradually, don't like to talk on people's opinion about others, which might be personal, you know?

AjanleKoko:

Anyways, I don't really have any colleague with annoying habits per se, but I generally detest 'senior management'. Always stuck-up, pretentious, cruel, and out of touch with the reality on ground.

Lol. The company politicians! How do you expect them to know the reality on ground when all their domestic staff are paid for by the company  grin

thweraja10:

I got a colleague who thinks he knows every thing and he likes bragging
I doubt if there's a department that lacks such people  grin
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by Gemma11: 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2010
I love my colleagues but there are three who really irk my nerves at times and although I try to be tolerant it is all I can do to tell them to shut the F up!

These three individuals are cat lovers and they love going on about the exploits of their cats. You wouldn't believe the amount of things their cats get up to. This ones cat is on cructches because it jumped out of the window, the other ones cat is diabetic etc, na waO! lol
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by Eveoeve(f): 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmm,
how many i'm i going to talk about! Well the major one is having colleagues who get upset when i perform better than them just because i'm female. They get angry and envious when i receive good remarks from superiors and when the superiors choose to use me as a standard for them (i dont like that either). But its annoying.

And then there are colleagues (mostly females) who act as if the office is their private bedrooms! Gisting on top of their voices, laughing out so loud even in the presence of clients, scattering things about, interupting discussions with clients just to say something thats not important, the least is just endless.

And the most annoying of them all is this girl who wants to know everything about ur personal life!

But somehow all that makes the place intersting in a way and we just have to learn to device a way to work amiably with everyone. smiley

www.naturekay..com
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by babyme1(f): 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2010
Gemma11:

I love my colleagues but there are three who really irk my nerves at times and although I try to be tolerant it is all I can do to tell them to shut the F up!

These three individuals are cat lovers and they love going on about the exploits of their cats. You wouldn't believe the amount of things their cats get up to. This ones cat is on cructches because it jumped out of the window, the other ones cat is diabetic etc, na waO! lol

You can't be serious grin Cat on crutches? Diabetic cat? shocked shocked
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by babyme1(f): 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2010
Eveoeve:

hmmmmmmmmmmm,
how many i'm i going to talk about! Well the major one is having colleagues who get upset when i perform better than them just because i'm female. They get angry and envious when i receive good remarks from superiors and when the superiors choose to use me as a standard for them (i dont like that either). But its annoying.

[b]And then there are colleagues (mostly females) who act as if the office is their private bedrooms! Gisting on top of their voices, laughing out so loud even in the presence of clients, scattering things about, interupting discussions with clients just to say something thats not important, the least is just endless.[/b]And the most annoying of them all is this girl who wants to know everything about your personal life!

But somehow all that makes the place intersting in a way and we just have to learn to device a way to work amiably with everyone. smiley

www.naturekay..com
I have a guy in my office who does this. He can laugh so annyingly loud in the presence of clients and he expect you to join him. But i guess this is part of the pay package cheesy cheesy
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by texazzpete(m): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2010
kITA TITA:

I work with some ladies who are always dashing out for one personal thing or the other. And all those ante natal, post natal, maternity leave, child immunization, etc. Who is going to do the work? Men are also parents.

I'm surprised you can be a father and still be so insensitive about such things. You need to grow up!
I've got a one month old baby girl and I know the stress my wife goes through.
Consider the topic we're discussing here. How the heck can you consider things like Ante-natal, post-natal and maternity leave 'annoying'?
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by saviola24: 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2010
Mine is so pathetic,i just started working with one the telco company as a youth corper but it happens that i met five other corpers in my own unit. The most senior corper among us is so annoying that he gets annoyed easily with any little clarifications u may want to get from him.Wen i started work there, the other corper told me to be careful about the guy that he is so annoying,but you know as per the senior among us, there are some things you must ask him because he started before us but he get easily annoyed that you want him to teach you evry thing that he knows so that at the end of the day wen the company wants to retain ,they will retain you and leave him. The one he did that made me comfirm that he is being insecured is that i asked him to give a device called GPS for calculating cordinate which is owned by the company but he refused,i also askd him to give me a software which the company use to calculate pathloss and he said to me that do i think he will ever give me the software,it was so painful and i told him that i will never botherhim agian that the sky is so bi to accomodate the whole birds in the world.it so annoyiiing my people.
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by PupetMasta(m): 2:14pm On Dec 24, 2010
1. The guy sitting opposite my desk has these annoying habit of asking foolish questions anyhow, like what is todays date? what is this officers' intercom number? what is this officers' email address? Please can you spell , ? the funniest thing is that he has the tools to check for all these things on his desk but he will prefer to disturb me.
2. Presently, I am the youngest in my office but not the only bachelor, My colleagues and sometime my boss have this habit of yabing the bachelors, asking when I am getting married. Even my parents have not started bothering me with this. This annoys me so much because in my former place of work in the UK, I never heard about marriage even though I was the youngest for some time but in this present place of work, it is an every day thing.
3. I have this colleague that is pregnant and is always wanting me to do her job for her, the most annoying thing is that she is forceful about it, and when I say no cos I am busy, she will say cant I see her condition. I was forced one day to ask her if I was the one that impregnated her.
4. I have these female colleagues that have the habit of asking for financial help, like paying for their meals etc and when I say no which is not often, they will snap back with a response like What do you use money to do since you are not married.
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by MeGaStReEt: 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2010
PupetMasta:

1. The guy sitting opposite my desk has these annoying habit of asking foolish questions anyhow, like what is todays date? what is this officers' intercom number? what is this officers' email address? Please can you spell , ? the funniest thing is that he has the tools to check for all these things on his desk but he will prefer to disturb me.
2. Presently, I am the youngest in my office but not the only bachelor, My colleagues and sometime my boss have this habit of yabing the bachelors, asking when I am getting married. Even my parents have not started bothering me with this. This annoys me so much because in my former place of work in the UK, I never heard about marriage even though I was the youngest for some time but in this present place of work, it is an every day thing.
3. I have this colleague that is pregnant and is always wanting me to do her job for her, the most annoying thing is that she is forceful about it, and when I say no cos I am busy, she will say cant I see her condition. I was forced one day to ask her if I was the one that impregnated her.
4. I have these female colleagues that have the habit of asking for financial help, like paying for their meals etc and when I say no which is not often, they will snap back with a response like What do you use money to do since you are not married.

lol
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by holydante(m): 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2010
AjanleKoko:

LOL@Topic,
How am I sure I'm not an annoying co-worker myself?

lol, my sentiments Sir, i was used to achieve a lot by my Mgt. and they never cared to ''up'' me in any way, it was heart rending and pathetic.

I was basically working with women and it was a MID NIGHTMARE, emotional issues, crying, quarrels,  mental imbalance, some unprofessional attitudes and conversations etc, amongst many experiences, one had the guts to tell me one day that she woke up on the wrong side and was not in a very good mood and that i should mind how i ask her about work-related thingy shocked shocked shocked shocked (i felt like strangling her, but if i had done so, she was my boss then and married, so the coy and her husbby wld have come after me  cheesy)

Anyway, I presently occupy a large office space ALL ALONE with reporting done online. I dont get to physically interface with my supposed superiors and line managers, we meet occasionally sha and its too short a time space to observe their queer attitudes if any. I lock and open my office door when i Like  cheesy cheesy

If it changes tomorrow, i will revert to this thread, sha but for now am balling cheesy wink
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by axeman85(m): 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2010
I have this collegue indian that likes amebo alot evedropping on my conversation all the time on the phone.  annonying guy but also a joker.

also this woman very very lousy laughing loudly all the time with her nose.

as for me them no dey near me for office as my face dey strong all the time.
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by holydante(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2010
PupetMasta:

Lol @ bolded parts, meanwhile you are trying ooo I swear. some ladies and free things grin
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by holydante(m): 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2010
axeman85:

I have this collegue indian that likes amebo alot evedropping on my conversation all the time on the phone.  annonying guy but also a joker.

also this woman very very lousy laughing loudly all the time with her nose.

For someone whose name is ''axeman85'', I dont expect the face to look like cheesy
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by yomsad(m): 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2010
have this guy in my office that drinks alot, sometimes bring bottle of star to the office
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by iice(f): 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2010
axeman85:

lol
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 24, 2010
speaking yoruba
Re: Annoying Habits Of Co-workers by pslm23(f): 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2010
I work with a Filipina and an Indian. The filipina is an older woman who looks like Michael Jackson after his transformation. She is as skinny as a toothpick and yet, she constantly thinks she's fat and always asking me if her butt is getting bigger. I'm like WTF?? which butt? she just has bones there and nothing. Her other annoying trait is her attitude of knowing EVERYTHING.  angry
The Indian is another case. She's nasty, angry dirty to an unimaginable degree.  angry she sneezes loudly with her mouth open and right on her computer screen, keyboard and mouse and then she calls me to help solve a problem on her computer. Of course i find an excuse not to help her because only God knows what kind of germs are breeding on her machines.  angry The other thing is she is a messy eater. she eats messy foods with her hands and then touches her mouse with those hands. one time i was trying to help her solve a problem on her puter, and when i touched her mouse, i had to jerk my hand away shocked. the mouse was crusted and caked with all kinds food.
The last thing she does that irks me is her constant brown nosing  angry and sucking up to the boss so she'll come out looking like the most hard working person in my department. Why r Indians like that? why do they always feel like they have to compete and brown nose? *hissing furiously*  angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Business Intelligence Career in Nigeria? / Quantity Surveying And Building Tech. Which Should I Go For? / Safety In Our Workplaces. How Do We Ensure That?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.