Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity (4607 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Aminu Tambuwal And Other Northern Governors Pose For A Shot At Sokoto Airport / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 26, 2012
ALMOST all governors in the northern part of the country are now in Saudi Arabia to seek divine intervention to the persistent security challenges facing the region, just as they were there to seek support for their future political ambitions.

According to a source who spoke with the Nigerian Tribune on condition of anonymity, governors who could not travel equally sent their deputies for the same mission.

The source said while some of the governors travelled last week, others left the country on Wednesday, on the premise that they would observe Eid-el-Kabir in the holy land.

Nigerian Tribune further learnt that the governors were disturbed that attacks by gunmen on innocent citizens in the states continued despite security presence.

The source said the governors were of the belief that only divine intervention could solve the problem, since the security forces could not tame activities of the gunmen in the states.

“Our governors resolved to seek for prayers during the sallah in Saudi Arabia, believing that whatever they begged Allah for during the festival would receive God’s blessing and answers,” the source said.

He also revealed that the governors were also in the holy land for their future political ambitions.

Most of the governors, the source disclosed, would complete their second term in office by 2015, a reason they resorted to seeking Allah’s guidance on their next political step.

The source also added that most of the governors were also disturbed that former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, had thrown his weight behind the Jigawa State governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido, for 2015 presidency.

Source
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 26, 2012
The source said the governors were of the belief that only divine intervention could solve the problem, since the security forces could not tame activities of the gunmen in the states.

This is what happens when we put governance in the hands of nincompoops. Even if you really want to "pray", must you use public funds to travel out of the country? Isn't Allah capable of answering your "prayers" in Nigeria? Is he now limited by space?

What's the fixation with prayers anyway? Did Colombia use prayers to defeat the FARC rebels? Is India using prayers to tackle the Tamil Tigers and Mujahideen rebels? How will prayer address the root problems that gave birth to Boko Haram? Will prayer bring quality education, attract investment, give idle youths good jobs or tackle corruption?

Anyway like I have always maintained, we deserve the leaders we get.

What a country.

10 Likes

Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 26, 2012
He also revealed that the governors were also in the holy land for their future political ambitions.

Most of the governors, the source disclosed, would complete their second term in office by 2015, a reason they resorted to seeking Allah’s guidance on their next political step.

Ok o. Una go wait tire.
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by ozalogbo: 9:09am On Oct 26, 2012
Their meeting is not only for prayers. it is also for political strategizing
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by deols(f): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2012
Can you please change the title. Thwy are praying against and not for insecurity.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 26, 2012
deols: Can you please change the title. Thwy are praying against and not for insecurity.

It's the mods o. I don't know why they renamed it.
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by deols(f): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2012
May Allah answer the prayers.

I hope it includes praying against corruption and that no corrupt one gets access to power ever again.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by BrutusOj(m): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2012
Hypocrite lipsrsealed
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by lolaluv1(f): 9:51am On Oct 26, 2012
The title on NL frontpage is misleading....

When I saw it, I was like WTF!?

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by yuzedo: 9:56am On Oct 26, 2012
Misleading title... I thought thery were praying for a state of insecurity to exist! grin undecided

Meanwhile, saying these politicians are selfish and clueless is cliche! They travelled for their own selfish strategizing, cos if they went "to pray" for things to be better instead of working towards it, then they are dumber than I thought!
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by ichanyi77(m): 10:04am On Oct 26, 2012
[quote author=HNosegbe]

they are the problems of nigeria,they to change their atitude of governance and self esteem.
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by dridowu: 10:05am On Oct 26, 2012
2015 strategy already started
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by mallorca(m): 10:09am On Oct 26, 2012
deols: May Allah answer the prayers.

I hope it includes praying against corruption and that no corrupt one gets access to power ever again.
for where?
dem no go eva prayer reach dat side.what a country
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Kslib(m): 10:10am On Oct 26, 2012
Mods,make una chage the title nah. Why una dey mislead people with that kind of sensitive grammer "NORTHERN GOVERNORS PRAY FOR INSECURITY IN THE COUNTRY"..I was like WTF!!! I con even begin pray make all of them crash for plane,and the only survivor should come out without both legs and hands and ears...

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by size38: 10:14am On Oct 26, 2012
Does the governors include senator zanna khalifa who has been habouring his nephew who already is a member of Boko Haram?
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 26, 2012
What a man can do,God will never do it.they know the right thing to do,they just want to play to the gallery. So their leaving the country to Saudi,will solve the problem, instead of proffering solution,they are busy goinG on jamboree.na only Saudi,God dey abi,useless m0rons.

The problem with Blackman is that we assume that all our problems have spiritual intonation,

Saudi ko,Kano ni
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by GentleNaaz(m): 10:26am On Oct 26, 2012
Nonsens, hw cn u b prayn 4 wat u r intentionally doing 2 urself. Dy r d sponsors of all ds inceasant bokoharam attacks; herdsmen n gunmen attacks. Dia yash don dy open 1 by 1. Senator sanna follow? If d past tense of take is took, d past tense of attack is wat? Attoock
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by speeder(m): 10:38am On Oct 26, 2012
HNosegbe:

This is what happens when we put governance in the hands of nincompoops. Even if you really want to "pray", must you use public funds to travel out of the country? Isn't Allah capable of answering your "prayers" in Nigeria? Is he now limited by space?

What's the fixation with prayers anyway? Did Colombia use prayers to defeat the FARC rebels? Is India using prayers to tackle the Tamil Tigers and Mujahideen rebels? How will prayer address the root problems that gave birth to Boko Haram? Will prayer bring quality education, attract investment, give idle youths good jobs or tackle corruption?

Anyway like I have always maintained, we deserve the leaders we get.

What a country.

guy, i be Christian but u dey talk shit. U be mumu. Wetin prayer no fit change.
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Techwriter: 10:41am On Oct 26, 2012
What have they done since the advent of Boko Haram to show they are not involved except pray. How many have they handed over to security agencies? how many strategies have they evolved apart from what the Federal Govt is doing. If they really went to pray then they have put their Allah to test. We will know if he answers prayers by how many more of the governors and senators will be implicated after their prayers. Every Bose and Bola in this country knows Boko Haram is a creation of the northern political class
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 26, 2012
So the mods did this on purpose? For traffic?
Nigerians have problems everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 26, 2012
speeder:

Guy, read your bible and provide me with ONE instance where prayer ALONE, UNACCOMPANIED by a change of attitude and corresponding decisive action, changed anything. The least corrupt and most peaceful countries on earth don't go about "praying" and mouthing the name of God at every opportunity, but they instead use their God-given talents FOR THE WELL-BEING OF SOCIETY. We on the other hand are SO religious and yet SO ungodly.

I assume you have a business or are employed. Was it prayer ALONE that did it for you?

3 Likes

Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by ilenaira: 11:02am On Oct 26, 2012
HNosegbe:

Guy, read your bible and provide me with ONE instance where prayer ALONE, UNACCOMPANIED by a change of attitude and corresponding decisive action, changed anything. The least corrupt and most peaceful countries on earth don't go about "praying" and mouthing the name of God at every opportunity, but they instead use their God-given talents FOR THE WELL-BEING OF SOCIETY. We on the other hand are SO religious and yet SO ungodly.

I assume you have a business or are employed. Was it prayer ALONE that did it for you?

x 1000 smiley
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Alaafialoro(m): 11:03am On Oct 26, 2012
Only fo.ols pray when action is needed.. Nigerians(especially politicians) are hypocrites,they pretend to pray when what we actually need is action and patriotism. May God help this sinking ship called Nigeria.
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Profidada: 11:18am On Oct 26, 2012
Faith without work is dead. Let them continue to pray, if they like they should fast for fourty days and fourty nights, they are only deceiving themselves. They know what to do to bring the problem of insecurity to an abrupt end.
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Aladinn(m): 11:32am On Oct 26, 2012
speeder:

Prayer can't change a negro into a caucascian. Keep deluding yourself, Mr. Speeder.
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by dirahm: 11:42am On Oct 26, 2012
Mods, l tink the topic of this thread should be altered on the front page from 'Pray FOR lnsecurity' to 'Pray AGAINST lnsecurity'. It is misleading.
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by klax(m): 11:48am On Oct 26, 2012
Nortern Governor praying in Saudi against insecurity I guess they are mad for real. Praying when some of you are the sponsorer of Nigeria nightmare? Praying when some of you are the financier for Boko Idiots?? Praying when some of you know who Boko Idiots are and still keep quiet Praying when Boko idiots sposorer is well known to you You all must be stupid and crazy. You better pray for yourselves or pray about your swollen bank account in UAE to be more fatten silly goats who do they think they want to deceive?? Rubbish

Nothing will any one from the North will say or do as per the insecurity in Nigeria I wil ever buy simply because the North are nothing but a Virus, Cancer and Nigeria worst Nightmare. They better ssshhhhuuuuttttt a h e l l up their smelly kola ravages mouth..
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by chichiman: 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2012
Aladinn:

Prayer can't change a negro into a caucascian. Keep deluding yourself, Mr. Speeder.

[b]YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT, ALADINN. LET NIGERIANS KEEP DELUDING THEMSELVES. THESE POLITICIANS WOULD SQUANDER NIGERIA'S MONEY ON PRO$TITUTE$ AT HOME AND ABROAD (http:///forum/topics/picture-see-the-teenage-chinese-prostitutes-caught-sleeping-with) AND THEN GO ON PILGRIMAGES TO PRAY? OBASANJO ALLEGEDLY SLEPT WITH HIS DAUGHTER- IN-LAW (http://africanexaminer.com/blog2/2008/02/15/sex-scandal-obasanjo-blames-ex-wife-orji-kalu-even-as-nigerians-continue-to-condemn-the-mess/)AND YET RUNS A CHURCH - THE CHAPEL OF CHRIST THE GLORIOUS KING CCGK (http://naijamayor.com/olusegun-obasanjo-is-the-founder-of-ccgk-church/) WHERE ADHERENTS SUPPOSEDLY PRAY FOR NIGERIA. KEEP PRAYING AND DELUDING YOURSELVES. NIGERIA SINCE THE END OF THE CIVIL WAR HAS BEEN MONUMENTALLY DETERIORATING AND DECAYING. NO PRAYER HAS CHANGED AND WOULD CHANGE THE STATUS QUO. ONLY REORIENTATION OF NIGERIAN'S TWISTED MENTALITY WOULD CHANGE NIGERIA. PERIOD! LAPTOP CREW AND OTHER RELIGIOUS FANATICS, I HAVE NO TIME FOR YOU AND WOULDN'T REPLY ANY OF YOU[/b]
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by vanstanzy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
deols: Can you please change the title. Thwy are praying against and not for insecurity.

I WAS ALMOST MIS-LED.
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by klax(m): 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
Let them keep their prayer Nigerians dont need their prayer as a matter of fact their prayer is an abomination to Nigeria and an abomination to God in fact the more the North pray the more angrier is God so please for God sake keep your deceptive prayer is no longer relevant.
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by Sweetnecta: 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2012
is it now a no no for muslims to answer the call of his Lord when He calls him?
first duty of these men is obedience to God in this case.
i will say it is their love for nigeria that made them voice their praying for nigeria.
has anyone asked the christians who went to jerusalem if he prayed for the nation.

how any of you are sincerely praying for nigeria and do not want to steal from her and individuals?
not to many because what i read of ethnic divides on this board from this generation that will be the future is not a good picture.

Klax is already deciding for God. do you have an agreement from Him on anything and specifically on the above that their prayers will not be acepted?
Re: Northern Governors In Saudi Arabia To Pray Against Insecurity by marabout(m): 12:48pm On Oct 26, 2012
We are very a funny set of people in Naija.

The solution to our problem is not in Mecca or Jerusalem.
Pilgrimage to any destination of any religious description is fine but hoping to get solution to our man-made problems at home
is just admission that they don't have anything to offer.

If that's the case let our rulers just handover power to the imams and bishops. At least we assume they are "closer" to God. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) / How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) / Chief Olusegun Obasanjo Military/army Career (formal President Of Nigeria)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.