Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? (9639 Views)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
Lenny5000:

Nope if GOD wrote it himself, then he has the power to keep the message in tact that is how you should see it.. Europeans didnt write or own the Bible... Also study more about the Catholic Church.. Bless.

God didnt write the bible. It was men who did. Fallible men like you and me.
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

That is only one type of refrigeration

Non-cyclic refrigeration
In non-cyclic refrigeration, cooling is accomplished by melting ice or by subliming dry ice (frozen carbon dioxide). These methods are used for small-scale refrigeration such as in laboratories and workshops, or in portable coolers.
Ice owes its effectiveness as a cooling agent to its melting point of 0 °C (32 °F) at sea level. To melt, ice must absorb 333.55 kJ/kg (about 144 Btu/lb) of heat. Foodstuffs maintained near this temperature have an increased storage life.
Solid carbon dioxide has no liquid phase at normal atmospheric pressure, and sublimes directly from the solid to vapor phase at a temperature of -78.5 °C (-109.3 °F), and is effective for maintaining products at low temperatures during sublimation. Systems such as this where the refrigerant evaporates and is vented to the atmosphere are known as "total loss refrigeration".

Please do your homework you can't create cold or darkness
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
Lenny5000: Why should anything be taken out?
That a Priest doesn't believe in Miracles, should have no bearing on anyone whatsoever but himself. Salvation is Personal, it's that Simple! If a Miracle Happens in my Household, should I say "because a Priest I have never met says Miracles dont happen" so I should pretend the Miracle never happened even when I am living with it" What I see here is man trying to Make laws for GOD to live by instead of the other way around...

But have you witnessed a miracle that could be verified?

One should be skeptical of belief in the supernatural because there is hardly any evidence for such.

The priest is one among many who realise that miracles are not so important than love as the message of Christ
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Ucheiwu007(m): 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Lenny5000,are u a Catholic? And wat do u min by study mor about the catholic church? Anyway,God dint write it himself.
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
seyibrown:

Whatever figure you arrive at will still be mathematically correct because you can still count it. YOur calculator will only display the maximum it is programmed to calculate and display.

'One thousand years being like one day in God's eyes' is not meant to be transalted as '1000 years = 1 God day'. It is just a way of saying that God is outside the bounds of time!
Common. These Christians are just too myopic to understand argument before jumping to conclusion for religion sentimental reasons. Indeed, I don't think you quite understand how we arrived at those calculations.

The argument was on bible recorded timeline for the age of the earth. Which was well stated in the book to be about 6000 years, looking at the records of those different time in the written books. Now somebody in the name of Sadeiyare came up with a number of 1000 year to be a day for god as a fact to prove the validity of the book explanation for the age of the earth( we know the earth to be some billion years old).We accept this number and cross-examined his calculation with it based on what he told us as a Christian . But, we found out he failed woefully to prove it.

Now, you come up with another excuse to defend his failure and your imaginary god. If a day is one thousand years and one thousand years is a day in the eye of god as meaning limitless then, we are talking about infinity. Which in essence doesn't have any backing. I would be interested in the infinity to be explain to me as you very well understand what you are talking about.

Thank you!
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
sadeiyare:

Please do your homework you can't create cold or darkness

I never use the word "create". I never talked about "darkness".

It is a fact that you can generate a colder atmosphere with gases.
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Ucheiwu007(m): 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Sade Iyare I have to agree with you about not creating cold or darkness,@logic boy i tink u lost dat argument
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ucheiwu007: @Sade Iyare I have to agree with you about not creating cold or darkness,@logic boy i tink u lost dat argument

angry

Logicboy03:

I never use the word "create". I never talked about "darkness".

It is a fact that you can generate a colder atmosphere with gases.

Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Ucheiwu007(m): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Logic boy,generating cold by gasses is d same as removing heat from d foodstuffs...u grab?
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ucheiwu007: @Sade Iyare I have to agree with you about not creating cold or darkness,@logic boy i tink u lost dat argument
It also means they were not created and God never created them. It means they existed on their own and they were not God creation.
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
No.. circular argument..

Hw does one create light or heat?
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by ohioleh: 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
The wisdom of God is foolishness unto men...You did not create yourself,yet you think you know more than the father!i feel sorry for those arguing about the bible.Every word that has come out of God has never return void(without coming to pass).that is why the bible is the only book that can tell the future and will be so,even as old as it is...you talking about Paul!do you know his what jesus revealed to him,why jesus appeared to him ...please be careful of what you say about he bible,whatever you see in the bible whether some scriptures where lost or not..its a privilege/blessing.miracles are real,faith is the key,jesus is the saviour...its through faith that we are saved.believe!cheers
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Ucheiwu007(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
Electromagnetic waves@Muskeeto....the absence of light gives darkness,d absence of heat gives cold...also wer der is light der is heat...and @all4naija i dont see how dat argument relate with wat i said
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ucheiwu007: @Logic boy,generating cold by gasses is d same as removing heat from d foodstuffs...u grab?

Wrong.

Liquid nitrogen on your hand would freeze it. No heat needed
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
musKeeto: No.. circular argument..

Hw does one create light or heat?

Look to the fundamental particles to understand the condition of how these entities called particles are evident in these phenomena. I think people here don't have basic idea about Quantum Mechanics for the basic reason for the argument on darkness( composed of dark matters and energies) and cold(which are of differences exist at various degrees or conditions of a particle). They keep saying shiits and thing the fairy called god exist. Well, it exist only in your mind! Isn't that delusion?
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ucheiwu007: Electromagnetic waves@Muskeeto....the absence of light gives darkness,d absence of heat gives cold...also wer der is light der is heat...and @all4naija i dont see how dat argument relate with wat i said

The problem with your claims about cold is that it is only half true.

In a cold environment, you can generate more cold.

If you expose your body to liquid nitrogen, does that mean that you became cold due to a loss of heat or a chemical reaction from a cryogenic sunbstance?
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2012
all4naija:

Look to the fundamental particles to understand the condition of how these entities called particles are evident in these phenomena. I think people here don't have basic idea about Quantum Mechanics for the basic reason for the argument on darkness( composed of dark matters and energies) and cold(which are of differences exist at various degrees or conditions of a particle). They keep saying shiits and thing the fairy called god exist. Well, it exist only in your mind! Isn't that delusion?

Thank you bros!

Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Ucheiwu007(m): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
It freezes your hand by removing heat from it.@logic boy
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by wiegraf: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
Total amount of energy in the universe is constant. You can't create heat. You can generate heat, and by that extension you can generate cold.
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Ucheiwu007(m): 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Logic boy,you really wont want me entring into science...am seriously speakin. Dey are concepts you wont undastand..or shud i just say dem so we wud see if u undastand dem or not?
Besides dis thread is not a scientific thread..just open up a scientific thread and inform me so we can talk beta dere.
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ucheiwu007: @Logic boy,you really wont want me entring into science...am seriously speakin. Dey are concepts you wont undastand..or shud i just say dem so we wud see if u undastand dem or not?
Oga, you should visit the religion section more wink
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ucheiwu007: It freezes your hand by removing heat from it.@logic boy

Epic fail

At atmospheric pressure, liquid nitrogen boils at −196 °C (77 K; −321 °F) and is a cryogenic fluid which can cause rapid freezing on contact with living tissue. When appropriately insulated from ambient heat, liquid nitrogen can be stored and transported, for example in vacuum flasks. Here, the very low temperature is held constant at 77 K by slow boiling of the liquid, resulting in the evolution of nitrogen gas. Depending on the size and design, the holding time of vacuum flasks ranges from a few hours to a few weeks.
Liquid nitrogen can easily be converted to a solid by placing it in a vacuum chamber pumped by a rotary vacuum pump.[2] Liquid nitrogen freezes at 63 K (−210 °C; −346 °F). Despite its reputation, liquid nitrogen's efficiency as a coolant is limited by the fact that it boils immediately on contact with a warmer object, enveloping the object in insulating nitrogen gas. This effect, known as the Leidenfrost effect, applies to any liquid in contact with an object significantly hotter than its boiling point. More rapid cooling may be obtained by plunging an object into a slush of liquid and solid nitrogen rather than liquid nitrogen alone.
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
all4naija: Common. These Christians are just to myopic to understand argument before jumping to conclusion for religion sentimental reasons. Indeed, I don't think you quite understand how we arrive at those calculations.

The argument was on bible recorded timeline for the age of the earth. Which was well stated in the book to be about 6000 years, looking at the records of those different time in the written books. Now somebody in the name of Sadeiyare came up with a number of 1000 year to be a day of god as a valid fact to prove the validity of the book explanation for the age of the earth( we know the earth to be some billion years old).We accept this number and cross-examined his calculation with it based on what he told us as a Christian . But, we found out he failed woefully to prove it.

Now, you come up with another excuse to defend his failure and your imaginary god. If a day is one thousand years and one thousand years is a day in the eye of god as meaning limitless then, we are talking about infinity. Which in essence doesn't have any backing. I would be interested in the infinity to be explain to me as you very well understand what you are talking about.

Thank you!

If you don't know everything, then you don't have a basis for your scientific calculations. You still can't see that I am not arguing but just telling you that christains are only operating in faith which you will always conclude to be foolishness ( but GOD foolishness is wiser than the wisest of men)
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
wiegraf: Total amount of energy in the universe is constant. You can't create heat. You can generate heat, and by that extension you can generate cold.
Nyc...

Me no sabi plenty science.. good at physics in sec sch, dreadful @ chem...prob d teacher..
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ucheiwu007: @Logic boy,you really wont want me entring into science...am seriously speakin. Dey are concepts you wont undastand..or shud i just say dem so we wud see if u undastand dem or not?

After your epic fail above?
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Ucheiwu007(m): 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Sade Iyare,I understand wat ur sayin bout d faith stuff
@Logic boy,it wasnt an epic fail,it was no fail at all....btw,wat level in the Uni/college are you?
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Ucheiwu007(m): 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Logic boy,i lyk d way u ansa..its kinda logical,so it wont hurt havin some nyce scientific conversation wit you.
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ucheiwu007: @Sade Iyare,I understand wat ur sayin bout d faith stuff
@Logic boy,it wasnt an epic fail,it was no fail at all....btw,wat level in the Uni/college are you?

Finished my postgraduate years ago
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Ucheiwu007(m): 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Logicboy,dats nyce....so wat was ur major.....its bin long a had a scientific discussion,hope dis wud b worth a while cheesy
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ucheiwu007: @Logicboy,dats nyce....so wat was ur major.....its bin long a had a scientific discussion,hope dis wud b worth a while cheesy

Business related field
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Ucheiwu007(m): 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
So,u ar a business guy dat likes science......hmmmmmmm
Re: How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ucheiwu007: So,u ar a business guy dat likes science......hmmmmmmm

Just a business guy that puts science before religion. Adam and Eve useless before Evolution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Apostolic Church (LAWNA) 40th International Convention. / MFM (mountain Of Fire & Miracle Ministries) New Regulations!! / What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.