Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Quit Lying, intimate Past Does Matter - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Quit Lying, intimate Past Does Matter (1535 Views)

TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using / Size Does Matter, At Least In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Lying, intimate Past Does Matter by Subtext: 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2012
For those who still lie to themselves and to others saying one's (sexual behavioural) past doesn't matter, please read the story on this link and ALL the comments that follow. I've taken the liberty to post just a few here. It should clear your misconceptions unless ofcourse you remain bent on lying to urself and burying your head in the sand.

http://www.dearcupid.org/question/my-threesomes-have-come-back-to-haunt-me.html

The full story goes:
My threesomes have come back to haunt me

A United States female age 26-29, *aka* ItBetterGirl writes:

I am really in a bind and I don't know what to do.

A little over a year ago I met my now fiancé. When we met we clicked instantly and became an item right away. He is charming, intelligent, attractive, educated and an all around great guy. About four months ago, we moved in together and it's been great - we have similar interests and just really enjoy the time we spend together. I knew he was serious about me when he started talking about the future as "our future together." I can honestly say that I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

A couple of months into our relationship, we had a talk about our past boyfriends / girlfriends. He's 31 (I'm 28) and has had a few girlfriends; some serious, some not so serious but never just casual. I had absolutely no problem with any of that. I realized, however, that his "number" was lower than mine and that he has never tried any crazy stuff. Sooo... I didn't go into full details about my own past. In particular, I did not mention anything about my boyfriend before him. That boyfriend and I did not last long but right from the beginning, it was "anything goes." When we broke up romantically we remained friends and I've since introduced him to my fiance as my "good friend."

My fiance was accepting of what information I did divulge. I remember him asking me if there was anything in my past that could be an embarrassment in the future. I answered "no." Life together continued great and we got engaged last January.

When we first started dating, it was different with my fiance because it took a while for us to become lovers. When we did, I discovered that he is great between the sheets! Even so, I have been a bit hesitant to let loose completely in the bedroom. He has suggested on numerous occasions that since he has found in me his true love, he would like for us to be more adventurous in bed. He wants to try stuff he has never tried with another woman. I have so far resisted even though what my fiance wants is not really new to me - I had those experiences with my ex.

Fast forward to last week. We were at a party where many of our friends were present. Everyone had plenty to drink and loud conversations were everywhere. At one point we were talking with a couple, when my ex approached us. With him was a woman who was beyond drunk. When my ex introduced her to me, she responded, "oh he's (her guy, my ex) told me all about you. You're the chick he and his buddy had threesomes with."

I was stunned and my fiancé caught it. It took a few seconds before anyone said anything. Finally my ex said something like "don't be ridiculous "and guided her away. The other couple that was with us also moved away. My fiancé just looked at me and said let's go. In the car and at home there was no conversation.

The next day he asked me if it was true. I stammered and didn't really say anything coherent. In fact, it was true. With my ex had an enjoyable bunch of threesomes.

My fiancé says that I have deceived him and humiliated him. He feels terrible and he's says it's worse since he figures all our friends now know as well. In the last week he has said that he wants to reconsider "us." Even though I told him all that was in the past and that I love him with all my heart, he still feels like he's been duped. He's also extremely angry that I hadn't wanted to experiment with him while I had "no problem" experimenting with the other guy.

When I asked him what I could do, he said he wants a way more complete discussion about past sex partners because he figures (correctly - ouch!)that I wasn't completely truthful the first time. He also wants to know who the second guy in the threesomes was.

What do I do? He really is the real deal. I have dated enough losers and jerks in the past to recognize this. I don't want to lose him. He is the only man I have ever wanted to marry. I'm incredibly sorry that he was humiliated. I don't know what to do. Any advice would be so appreciated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpts from some comments:

''This thread did an excellent job of articulating why the past DOES matter. People are free to have consensual sex with whomever they choose, but those choices have consequences. Be an adult take some responsibility for yourself!''

''A woman's wealth is between her legs. Feminism didn't change that, it just demanded that she enjoy no accountability for how she "spends" her wealth.''

''Haha... I live in a small town. Literally every time I've been to the STI clinic to get myself checked out there has been another guy talking about one of the same girls I've banged.''

N.B: Please note that this is really not another female bashing thread. I decided to post this cos I recently lost a relationship cos of something very similar.
Re: Quit Lying, intimate Past Does Matter by stolenstone: 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
ok, we don hear na.
Re: Quit Lying, intimate Past Does Matter by Subtext: 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2012
No let am pain you o, its just the truth, though I no say you no even read am (my bad, I should have posted it in pidgin for your type)
Re: Quit Lying, intimate Past Does Matter by Mynd44: 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2012
Too long jorh
Re: Quit Lying, intimate Past Does Matter by Subtext: 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
Mynd_44: Too long jorh

Its quite interesting, trust me, just take the time to read it through.
Re: Quit Lying, intimate Past Does Matter by rodeo0070(m): 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
Abeg wetin be Triple Sin?
Re: Quit Lying, intimate Past Does Matter by eledalo: 10:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
rodeo0070: Abeg wetin be Triple Sin?

Ask your pastor or imam grin
Re: Quit Lying, intimate Past Does Matter by 190: 10:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
for once its not a NIGERIAN GIRL MATTER cheesy cheesy
Re: Quit Lying, intimate Past Does Matter by Mynd44: 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
rodeo0070: Abeg wetin be Triple Sin?

That one is reserved for 18+

(1) (Reply)

How To Tell If He Really Loves You / Why Are Guys Quick to Suggest Abortion? / 13 Weird Fact About Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.