Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

What's Love Got To Do With It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Love Got To Do With It? (801 Views)

This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. / GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? / What Love Can Do----the True Test Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Love Got To Do With It? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
“Until we love people more than we love being right, we’ll continue to be part of the problem.” Jon Cheatwood.

Defending the Faith.

When people are backed into a corner, told that what they believe is wrong, kicked out of churches, disfellowshiped and dished by their Christian friends, made to believe they are insane from going against the majority, and basically isolated and ostracized by mainstream Christianity for interpreting the Bible one way, when the majority are taught to see it another way… they tend to come out of the ring fighting. If not fighting, then they are the walking wounded. Hurt. Sometimes stunned. Maybe insecure enough to start to doubt that maybe what they read in Scripture and believed, that Yahweh is a singular “He” instead of a “they”…is wrong. Maybe God IS a “Triune Godhead” after all, made up of multiple persons into one substance… or they don’t want to fight, so they just keep silent, and go with the masses, because, if they didn’t…they would find themselves alone, without a Body of Christ to connect with. And that’s not a fun alternative. So, they just keep quiet and don’t stir anything up. They quietly believe what they believe, so they don’t make a ruckus…because if someone found out, they know they’ll be asked to leave, or at the minimum, given a little talk by the pastor.

So, rather than remain silent, some people come out of the Church, kicking and screaming. They have to holler a little louder, because there is only one or two of their voices barely being heard above the roar of the millions of the Majority, who control the Christian radio airwaves, the Christian television shows, and the Christian publishing. If the Christian media finds out that you don’t teach the Trinity, they will quickly close you down. I suppose that’s better than being burned at the stake, but the issue certainly doesn’t go away, and it’s a huge problem in modern Christianity that is almost like the Elephant in the room. No one wants to speak about it. They want to pretend the conflicts in Scripture aren’t there. If it doesn’t make sense to people, well, it’s because God’s thoughts and ways aren’t ours, so we aren’t supposed to understand the Trinity. If we have trouble believing it, it’s because we don’t have enough faith and we should pray that the Spirit will help us see the light. It doesn’t matter, that the Bible states clearly that “God is not a man.” Instead, they argue, that if Jesus, the man, is not God, then you are not even a Christian, despite what Scripture teaches. It’s really amazing. It’s an argument that you can’t seem to win with some people, and most have given up trying.

Most have decided that it’s not worth the battle. We’re supposed to put aside our differences and just love God and love people, and if their God is a triune one, and ours is one single God named Yahweh….then so be it. That’s love. Our arguing about it is pointless. Let’s just get along and be united in one, in Christ….except the fact that they don’t want to unite with us.

So where does that leave us? Up a stream without a paddle?

I think not.

I’ve done a lot of soul searching on this topic. Is it really that important? Should we really care whether God is one or a three-in-one God? Does it really matter for our salvation? Our relationship with God? Once we decide what the Scriptures tell us regarding who God is, then should we keep it to ourselves? Should we tell others, and risk being rejected or should we remain silent, and let them just believe what they want to believe?

Source
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
I believe Cheatwood’s quote above has a very good point. Sometimes, people just want to argue for the sake of arguing, and they want to win, at all costs. That is wrong. I’ve seen them doggedly push their doctrines on people, without love. Only with harshness, already preparing for a battle.

At the same time, I think to truly love someone is to tell them the truth. To remain silent, and hold back the truth, is a type of deception. It is more of a selfish way to treat this person, because deep down, you’re only thinking about yourself; how they will treat you afterwards; how they will think of you; and not for their own understanding. You seek their approval, more than God’s.

But, I admit. It’s tricky. It takes a balance, of speaking truth in love, that I believe, only the Spirit of God can provide us. God’s Spirit, dwelling in us, can help us not only love a person, but love them enough to speak up and tell them the truth. We can pray that God will provide us the boldness and confidence to speak to them, while delivering our message in gentleness, kindness, respect, and true regard for that person’s understanding of Scripture, and perhaps even, their relationship with their Heavenly Father. It isn’t to prove that we are right and they are wrong. It isn’t to make our study and intellect look superior, while demeaning theirs. That is arrogance and pride. Those are horrible sins that God detests!! No, we need to be able to speak truth, only because we love that person and we love God.

I have to admit….I’m still working on this. It’s sort of like a little yippy dog surrounded by Great Danes. The little dog is not going to feel confident, nor is it going to win. However, I strongly believe that when our faith is placed in our God, we don’t have to be the majority to share our truth and be heard. We don’t have to be the big bully and push our beliefs on anyone. In fact, if we truly believe Yahweh is one Lord, then He will be on our side, when our hearts are right. When we’ve humbled ourselves before His Almighty Throne, and gotten down on our knees, so that we can get our priorities in line with His. His is to love people and to let them know that He is their God. When we love His people, with His Divine love, we will be able to deliver His truth of who He is and what His plan of the Kingdom is for His people, with such tenderness and love, that their hearts will soften, and they will be receptive to hear and listen. We won’t have to convince anyone! God will do all that hard work for us, with His Spirit working within that person. All we have to do is be obedient and open our mouths when He says to say the words He gives us. All we have to do is LOVE that person like He wants us to love them, as though we were Jesus Christ in the flesh to them.

So, I think Cheatwood’s quote is right…but at the same time, it doesn’t mean we muzzle ourselves to get along. It means, we stand up for our faith, share our faith, and be confident in our faith, but all in the name of love. I think the Apostle Paul says it best in I Corinthians 13:2:

” If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. ”

This is my goal - to love people, more than being right - but at the same time, to seek my Father’s approval, more than people’s. I pray that others will know that we belong to Christ’s by the amazing love we show ALL people, even to those who disagree with us; to those who persecute us; to those who are rude to us and unloving, calling us names. Paul said that he would be "scum" for the sake of Christ…can't we too be strong enough to take Christ’s insults for His sake? It is time that Christians rise up and be silent no more….not because we are ready for a fight, to argue for the mere sake of a good argument or debate, but because we love God and His people too much, to remain silent.

Love.
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by pastormustwac: 1:45am On Oct 27, 2012
MY FIRST RESPONSE WAS HIDDEN
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by pastormustwac: 1:45am On Oct 27, 2012
*PLEASE SUMMARIZE*
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Nobody: 1:47am On Oct 27, 2012
undecided
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by pastormustwac: 1:51am On Oct 27, 2012
frosbela: undecided
You don come again. Those frosbel babes go soon come catch you now.
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by kokolet007(f): 9:11am On Oct 27, 2012
Bro frosbel u are doing well nd I pray that God wil continue to make the light get brighter in your life and strengthened U IJN ....bt I have a question. Apart frm nairaland and odas site are u telling ur neighbors nd friends around u that don't have asset to internet about the Gospel
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Boomark(m): 11:58am On Oct 27, 2012
I hope they will learn that true Christians don't call people fools.
That is one of the attributes of pagans and those that are not in Christ.

It took them decades to know that His name 'Yahweh' should be in the bible and used in praising God. Thanks to Jehovah's witnesses.

I hope it wount take them years to know that the only true God is one and that He sent His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to bring us back to Him. Christ is the only way to the Father, no longer the earthly levites and priests.

2 Likes

Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by ogoamaka99(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2012
kokolet007: Bro frosbel u are doing well nd I pray that God wil continue to make the light get brighter in your life and strengthened U IJN ....bt I have a question. Apart frm nairaland and odas site are u telling ur neighbors nd friends around u that don't have asset to internet about the Gospel
Bro Kokoket007, so bro frosbel is doing well by posting for us articles from other web cites. frosbel is not the original author of this article but Angela More of 21st Century Reformation where he copied the article from.
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by kokolet007(f): 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2012
ogoamaka99:
Bro Kokoket007, so bro frosbel is doing well by posting for us articles from other web cites. frosbel is not the original author of this article but Angela More of 21st Century Reformation where he copied the article from.
Am nt a bro am a young lady,am just appreciating his effort nt to condemn him,he's still learning likewise me and I hope he wil not b misled
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by ogoamaka99(m): 1:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
@ kokolet,
Sorry i called you bro as i didn't look well and mistook you for a brother. Nobody is condemning that post nor frosbel but what is WRONG IS CLAIMING ANOTHER PERSONS ARTICLE and that is what frosbel is fond of doing. He is not the original author of that article. Anyone who is not informed may take frosbel to be a good writer while as he copies other peoples posts from other web cite.
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2012
ogoamaka99: @ kokolet,
Sorry i called you bro as i didn't look well and mistook you for a brother. Nobody is condemning that post nor frosbel but what is WRONG IS CLAIMING ANOTHER PERSONS ARTICLE and that is what frosbel is fond of doing. He is not the original author of that article. Anyone who is not informed may take frosbel to be a good writer while as he copies other peoples posts from other web cite.

Something must be biting you grin

I quoted a source and even added quotes to the article. You are slandering my character wrongly.

Oh by the way ,I have written hundreds of personal articles on this forum in the past few years till now , and also posted hundreds of articles written by others.

It is not the initial article that is posted that matters but the ensuing comments.

You guys are on the retreat and I will make sure this continues until your false doctrines are exposed for what they are , an abject FRAUD !!!

1 Like

Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by ogoamaka99(m): 11:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
@ frosbel,
I mean no offence nor intention to slander your charater wrongly. So don't take it personal, however you will agree with me that more than 85% of the articles credited to your name are copied. Sit down and construct articles if you have knowldge of what you are saying. I strongly believe that when your eyes are opened you will realize all the falsehood you are posting.
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Boomark(m): 1:19am On Oct 30, 2012
ogoamaka99: @ frosbel,
I mean no offence nor intention to slander your charater wrongly. So don't take it personal, however you will agree with me that more than 85% of the articles credited to your name are copied. Sit down and construct articles if you have knowldge of what you are saying. I strongly believe that when your eyes are opened you will realize all the falsehood you are posting.

The article is a true live story of what is happening to many people today. I have my own share of it too. If you are in the category of 'O yes members' to the pastors you will not understand it.

Even if his articles are 99% copied, my dear i can't wait till he puts his own article together before i read what he has to say relating to the article above. You do Google search and read peoples articles. He does his and spread the info faster cos time no dey again. I read things am lazy to search on my own in this forum.

If you are to share peoples experiences or history, you wount tell us an abstract story from your own imagination. Even if you want to give a summary of it in your own words, you must get it from the original.

All the bible quotes you paste here and there are all copied. You are not the original author.

I smell envy here.

1 Like

Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by pastormustwacc: 4:14am On Oct 30, 2012
pastormustwac: MY FIRST RESPONSE WAS HIDDEN

pastormustwac: *PLEASE SUMMARIZE*
I have read it, interesting article. Well, MY RESPONSE IS A SWORD AND IS LIKELY TO DECAPITATE MANY CHRISTIANS, SO IT SHALL BE HIDDEN ONCE AGAIN.
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Boomark(m): 7:18am On Oct 30, 2012
pastormustwacc:

I have read it, interesting article. Well, MY RESPONSE IS A SWORD AND IS LIKELY TO DECAPITATE MANY CHRISTIANS, SO IT SHALL BE HIDDEN ONCE AGAIN.

This truth we share is bitter and a pain to their soul. But only the truth shall set them free.
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by ogoamaka99(m): 7:30am On Oct 30, 2012
Boomark:

The article is a true live story of what is happening to many people today. I have my own share of it too. If you are in the category of 'O yes members' to the pastors you will not understand it.

Even if his articles are 99% copied, my dear i can't wait till he puts his own article together before i read what he has to say relating to the article above. You do Google search and read peoples articles. He does his and spread the info faster cos time no dey again. I read things am lazy to search on my own in this forum.

If you are to share peoples experiences or history, you wount tell us an abstract story from your own imagination. Even if you want to give a summary of it in your own words, you must get it from the original.

All the bible quotes you paste here and there are all copied. You are not the original author.

I smell envy here.
Bless you, no offence, we are in the forum to interact and not to quarrel even if we are having opposing views. That is what forum is meant to be.
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 30, 2012
ogoamaka99: @ frosbel,

I am afraid , but no apologies can made for exposing false teachers and their false doctrines.

Appears this is now getting to you big time.

Repent from your evil ways !!
Re: What's Love Got To Do With It? by pastormustwacc: 9:52am On Oct 30, 2012
What is shocking me is the fact that many christians are not even following Jesus again - at least from my own point of view - they follow men blindly.

Na to start to dey carry bell remain o. Gbagaun! Gbagaun!! Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: What Is Speaking In Tongues? A Biblical Analysis. / Stop Calling Pastors Fraud! Truth Exposed / Who is a M-O-G ( Man Of God )?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.