Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode (4406 Views)

I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? / ACN:Yoruba Tribal Politics? / Tribal Politics Cost Awolowo Nigerian Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by helpee(m): 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
Femi Fani-Kayode
THE GREAT DEBATE- WHO INTRODUCED TRIBALISM INTO THE POLITICS OF THE SOUTH, THE IGBO OR THE YORUBA?

''Igbo domination of Nigeria is only a matter of time''- Charles Onyeama, a prominent igbo lawyer and member of the Central Legislative Council, 1945. (Pg. 204 ''Ethnic Politics In Kenya and Nigeria'' by Godfrey Mwakikagile).

''It would appear that the God of Africa has created the Igbo nation to lead the children of Africa from the bondage of ages ....'' - Dr Azikiwe, President of the Pan-Igbo Federal Union. (The West African Pilot of July 8, 1949).

The first statement from Charles Onyeama, which was made in 1945, was the first overtly tribal and divisive comment that was made and recorded in the politics of southern Nigeria in our history. That is where and when tribalism in the south actually started. After that comment and as a direct reaction to it, the yoruba established the ''Egbe Omo Oduduwa'' to further and protect yoruba interests and after that came the formation of the Action Group in 1948.

The second statement from Zik, which was made in 1949 (and which clearly shows that the great Zik of Africa had forgotten that the NCNC was not an igbo party at the beginning and that it had in fact been established by an upper class and very well educated yoruba man by the name of Sir Herbert Macauly, one of the famous ''Black Victorians'' from the Lagos Colony, and who, at his death bed, was gracious enough to hand over the leadership of the party to him even though he was igbo) confirmed that tribalism was here to stay in the south and that ever since that time the igbo had an agenda to dominate others. This sentiment and this unfortunate igbocentric attitude is what cost Zik the Premiership of the Western Region in 1953 when the NCNC narrowly lost to the Action Group.

It is clear from this that if you want to know who started tribalism in southern politics and the politics of the southern protectorate of Nigeria it was not the yoruba or the southern minorities but the igbo. The excesses of the Igbo State Union and their treatment of the southern minorities and the yoruba from 1943 till 1967 was completely unacceptable. The rest of the south were prepared to accept the igbo as equals with open arms but they were not prepared to be politically dominated or conquered by them.

Worst still the first coup in the history of Nigeria, which was the Jan 15th 1966 coup d'etat led by Major Ifejuana and Major Kaduna Nzeogwu, was essentially an igbo coup and an igbo grab for power. I say this because 95 per cent of those that took part in it were igbo and 99 per cent of the political and military leaders that were brutally murdered during it's execution were non-igbo. It was this coup and it's sheer brutality that led to the even more brutal northern officers counter-coup of July 1966 (in which 300 igbo officers were killed in one night including the igbo Head of State, Gen. Aguiyi-Ironsi, and his yoruba host, the Military Governor of the Western Region, Gen. Adekunle Fajuyi who sought to protect him), the pogrom of igbos in the north (in which over 100,000 igbo civilians were killed in a few weeks) and the Nigerian civil war (in which 2 million Nigerians and Biafrans died).

These are the facts of our history. Live and learn. If you want to know who introduced tribalism into southern politics, it was the igbo. If you want to know who carried out the first coup in our country it was the igbo. Having done the painstaking research over a numberof years these are my findings and this is my conclusion.

I will open my wall for a robust discussion and debate on this issue and I will accomodate contributions from even those that are not my fb friends just for this debate. I will accomodate all shades of opinion and contributions from anyone that cares to join in the fray and I want to encourage those that disagree with my findings to state their case. We are all still learning but please take not that any rude or insulting comments will be deleted. This is a historical debate and I would encourage all those that seek to qoute anyone or make any assertions to mention their sources so that we can cross check the facts. Thanks.
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by helpee(m): 6:00pm On Oct 27, 2012
Dada Solomon
@ chief, thanking you for reminding me that i was born yesterday. However, the present volatile situation of our state of nation dos not call for this history at this present time rather to me i would say you are repeating the same thing pa Achebe did in his book except you are telling me that is a payback to him and the igbo nation, having said these i think the problem of tribalism is as same as racism in the world so far we are human the issue of class as seen in the capitalist world will continue to appear in any form or watever disquise cos is part of every human being as rightly describe by george orwell in Animal farm
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by helpee(m): 6:03pm On Oct 27, 2012
Femi Fani-Kayode
@Uche, Isaac Boro fought against the igbo during the civil war as did most of those from the mid-west and south south. Nzeogwu was not the real person behind the Jan 1966 coup. He was just it's acceptable face that they presented after it failed. The real people behind it were Ifejuana (Zik's cousin), Okafor and Anuforo. They were the inner circle and they were all pure igbo. Sanusi's comments have no place here and I have responded to him on many occassions both publically and privately. The discussion about the role of the fulani and his forefathers in Nigeria are not for today but for another day. We have discussed the north and it's excesses on this wall in the past on many occassions. We have even discussed the yoruba, the mistakes they made and their v complex history here manyt times. I have been accused of being anti-north and anti-yoruba on many occassions simply because I have spoken the truth which no-one in Nigeria wants to hear so ur attempting to label me anti-igbo too is neither here nor there and it does not move me. Today it is the igbo and the advent of southern tribalism that we are discussing on this wall and nothing else matters to me. Sanusi and his ilk can say what they want. It is what you say that is more interesting to me than Sanusi's words. And if you think that he is your friend or a friend of your people then I feel sorry for you. I have tremendous respect for your position and your contributions but I also feel that your inability to indulge in self-criticism of your own people sometimes weakens you and does not do justice to ur intellectual vigour. You are far brighter than that. And by the way I dont doubtr the fact that the igbo have done well in Nigeria. I just believe that had it not been for the civil war and for the longstretch of military rule that followed it both they and Nigeria would have done far better.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by PointB: 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2012
I won't be surprised if this mindless rant by the discredited Fani Kayode is connected to Prof Achebe's memoir - There was a country.

This garrulous clown, Fani Kayode, should perhaps just shut up!
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by helpee(m): 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2012
Femi Fani-Kayode
@Uche, we in the south west dont need the oil to develop. We never did and we never will. That is the difference between us and you. You can laugh as much as you like but that is the reality. Even after the igbo were killed in their hundreds of thousands by the northereners for their intransigence and their bloody and violent grab for power in Jan 1966 and after the rest of us tried to make them see good reason and accept the terms of Aburi they still said ''no'' and attacked the mid-west and yorubaland. Sadly for them they were worsted for it, driven back and defeated and ever since then they have been broken. Biafra died then and will only rise again when the yoruba and others allow it to. This is bitter but true. Live with it and learn the importance of appreciating truth in history and the generosity and compassion of your friends. Stop seeing other southerners and other Nigerians as your mortal enemies and stop blaming your collective igbo woes on everyone else but yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by helpee(m): 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2012
Femi Fani-Kayode
Uche, I give you my word that the yoruba fear no-one, least of all the igbo. Find out what 3rd Marine Commando (a yoruba unit) did to the Biafrans during the war.
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by paulitical: 6:15pm On Oct 27, 2012
helpee: Femi Fani-Kayode
THE GREAT DEBATE- WHO INTRODUCED TRIBALISM INTO THE POLITICS OF THE SOUTH, THE IGBO OR THE YORUBA?

''Igbo domination of Nigeria is only a matter of time''- Charles Onyeama, a prominent igbo lawyer and member of the Central Legislative Council, 1945. (Pg. 204 ''Ethnic Politics In Kenya and Nigeria'' by Godfrey Mwakikagile).

''It would appear that the God of Africa has created the Igbo nation to lead the children of Africa from the bondage of ages ....'' - Dr Azikiwe, President of the Pan-Igbo Federal Union. (The West African Pilot of July 8, 1949).

The first statement from Charles Onyeama, which was made in 1945, was the first overtly tribal and divisive comment that was made and recorded in the politics of southern Nigeria in our history. That is where and when tribalism in the south actually started. After that comment and as a direct reaction to it, the yoruba established the ''Egbe Omo Oduduwa'' to further and protect yoruba interests and after that came the formation of the Action Group in 1948.

The second statement from Zik, which was made in 1949 (and which clearly shows that the great Zik of Africa had forgotten that the NCNC was not an igbo party at the beginning and that it had in fact been established by an upper class and very well educated yoruba man by the name of Sir Herbert Macauly, one of the famous ''Black Victorians'' from the Lagos Colony, and who, at his death bed, was gracious enough to hand over the leadership of the party to him even though he was igbo) confirmed that tribalism was here to stay in the south and that ever since that time the igbo had an agenda to dominate others. This sentiment and this unfortunate igbocentric attitude is what cost Zik the Premiership of the Western Region in 1953 when the NCNC narrowly lost to the Action Group.

It is clear from this that if you want to know who started tribalism in southern politics and the politics of the southern protectorate of Nigeria it was not the yoruba or the southern minorities but the igbo. The excesses of the Igbo State Union and their treatment of the southern minorities and the yoruba from 1943 till 1967 was completely unacceptable. The rest of the south were prepared to accept the igbo as equals with open arms but they were not prepared to be politically dominated or conquered by them.

Worst still the first coup in the history of Nigeria, which was the Jan 15th 1966 coup d'etat led by Major Ifejuana and Major Kaduna Nzeogwu, was essentially an igbo coup and an igbo grab for power. I say this because 95 per cent of those that took part in it were igbo and 99 per cent of the political and military leaders that were brutally murdered during it's execution were non-igbo. It was this coup and it's sheer brutality that led to the even more brutal northern officers counter-coup of July 1966 (in which 300 igbo officers were killed in one night including the igbo Head of State, Gen. Aguiyi-Ironsi, and his yoruba host, the Military Governor of the Western Region, Gen. Adekunle Fajuyi who sought to protect him), the pogrom of igbos in the north (in which over 100,000 igbo civilians were killed in a few weeks) and the Nigerian civil war (in which 2 million Nigerians and Biafrans died).

These are the facts of our history. Live and learn. If you want to know who introduced tribalism into southern politics, it was the igbo. If you want to know who carried out the first coup in our country it was the igbo. Having done the painstaking research over a numberof years these are my findings and this is my conclusion.

I will open my wall for a robust discussion and debate on this issue and I will accomodate contributions from even those that are not my fb friends just for this debate. I will accomodate all shades of opinion and contributions from anyone that cares to join in the fray and I want to encourage those that disagree with my findings to state their case. We are all still learning but please take not that any rude or insulting comments will be deleted. This is a historical debate and I would encourage all those that seek to qoute anyone or make any assertions to mention their sources so that we can cross check the facts. Thanks.
this research is completely unneccesary because it wouldn't help ur kids. They don't need this deadly sentiments. U r sowing seed of discords. Ur research doesn't make u better than pple u claim started tribalism, it makes u worse. No insult meant. respect 4rm paulitical

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by SOHKAHTOA: 6:23pm On Oct 27, 2012
Since the Femi guy left govt, his most priced activity is the sponsoring of tribal articles. This is not necessary and it's so unbecoming of a man of his status.
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by aljharem(m): 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2012
It is a fact. Igbos are one of the biggest tribalist in Nigeria. The truth hurts my brother but it is the truth

1 Like

Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by Abagworo(m): 7:12pm On Oct 27, 2012
''Igbo domination of Nigeria is only a matter of
time''- Charles Onyeama

''It would appear that the God of Africa has
created the Igbo nation to lead the children of
Africa from the bondage of ages ....'' - Dr Azikiwe,
President of the Pan-Igbo Federal Union. (The
West African Pilot of July 8, 1949).

I still believe that in a level playing field devoid of allocation and the National character, what those great men stated is the reality.
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by Dede1(m): 7:14pm On Oct 27, 2012
The silly antics of Femi Fani-Kayode is regenerating the troubling behaviors of his old man. Nobody switched political parties in the history of Nigeria like late Chief Fani-Kayode. The father of Femi was a consummate political love peddler. The above article allegedly accredited to Femi Fani-Kayode is riddled with innuendos and no fathomable or logical point. For example, there was nothing known as Nigeria from 1900 to 1960.

During the indicated times in the article, the people of the protectorates were socio-politically identified through their ethnicity or provinces and rightfully so because there was no country named Nigeria. Of course, Zik was perfect in his choice of words in the phrase alluded by Femi. Did Femi expect Zik to say that God of Africa has created the Yoruba nation to lead the children of Africa from the bondage of ages ....'' in July 8, 1949?

It is unfortunate Femi Fani-Kayode could not correctly spot the important dates in the history of Yoruba as it relates to the formation of ''Egbe Omo Oduduwa'' and the inauguration of Action Group as a political party in the protectorates later known as Nigeria talk less of deciphering who started tribal politics in the south.

I urge someone to inform moronic Femi Fani-Kayode that Francis Adekunle Fajuiyi never made the rank of Colonel talk less of a General. In addition, it is asinine to insinuate that a soldier could not defend him\herself was capable of protecting another soldier. What a fool.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by Charlesnerd: 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
To think Femi Fani-kayode was once a minister of the federal republic?.I would give it to him,quite articulate,but after i read a comment where he said witches and wizards were to be blame for plane crashes in Nigeria,i totally lost any little hope I had.Little wonder Wole Soyinka said he knew where the intelligence in the family stopped.

Tell us something new Femi,we've heard that line before. wink
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by helpee(m): 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2012
[quote author=Ded. For example, there was nothing known as Nigeria from 1900 to 1960. False! Nigeria did not come into existence after independence. nigeria came in2 existence since almagamation in 1913. Lack of independence has nothing to do with existence.

During the indicated times in the article, the people of the protectorates were socio-politically identified through their ethnicity or provinces and rightfully so because there was no country named Nigeria. Of course, Zik was perfect in his choice of words in the phrase alluded by Femi. Did Femi expect Zik to say that God of Africa has created the Yoruba nation to lead the children of Africa from the bondage of ages ....'' in July 8, 1949?
to be honest, there was a country named Nigeria with constitution as far back as 1949. And what was the basis for ZIK saying the Igb o would lead. Zik was a nationalist not a tribalist. Are u saying Zik couldn't have said that the yoruba would lead simply because Zik was igbo? If that is your position then fani kayode is right that Zik was tribalist. I don't have to be igbo to say the igbo would lead if they have the attributes unless or otherwise I am a tribalist.

It is unfortunate Femi Fani-Kayode could not correctly spot the important dates in the history of Yoruba as it relates to the formation of ''Egbe Omo Oduduwa'' and the inauguration of Action Group as a political party in the protectorates later known as Nigeria talk less of deciphering who started tribal politics in the south.
[/quote] I leave that for historians
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2012
[size=20pt]Ahhhh....another attempt from my my yoruba brothers to re-write history abi ? Carry on. Nothing do una.[/size]
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by Dede1(m): 8:06pm On Oct 27, 2012
helpee:

[quote author=Ded. For example, there was nothing known as Nigeria from 1900 to 1960. False! Nigeria did not come into existence after independence. nigeria came in2 existence since almagamation in 1913. Lack of independence has nothing to do with existence.

to be honest, there was a country named Nigeria with constitution as far back as 1949. And what was the basis for ZIK saying the Igb o would lead. Zik was a nationalist not a tribalist. Are u saying Zik couldn't have said that the yoruba would lead simply because Zik was igbo? If that is your position then fani kayode is right that Zik was tribalist. I don't have to be igbo to say the igbo would lead if they have the attributes unless or otherwise I am a tribalist.

If the protectorates were a country or nation, why did you accept that Zik was a nationalist with respect to the era in discuss? Do you know the meaning of nationalist? I am saying that Femi was wrong in attempt to paint Zik with tribal brush. Again, there was no Nigeria when the comments were made. From your postulations, there is no doubt you were fed a different history of the Protectorates and Nigeria from the one given to me.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by MrGlobe(m): 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2012
grin
Another yorobbermam goes gaga. Ewedu na bastttard.

By the way my Yoruba compatroits on nairaland, which of you coward is femi kAYode. Femi is on Nairaland.

I cant even discuss the article because that will mean getting tricked into madness. Who doesnt know Awolowo invented tribalism in Nigeria.You accuse a people of tribalism and you bring very valid points from Zik and onyeama to support your warped claims.

HOW LONG WILL THE YORUBA MAN CONTINUE TO CONCIOUSLY LIVE ON LIES.....

SMH!
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by Noiseless2: 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2012
The same Fani Kayode, the same fool who just said the other day how he wish he was born an Igboman,now he is doing everything to become once again the Yoruba champion, honestly is this man for real or a case of shameless attention seeking?
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by MrGlobe(m): 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2012
Noiseless2: The same Fani Kayode, the same fool who just said the other day how he wish he was born an Igboman,now he is doing everything to become once again the Yoruba champion, honestly is this man for real or a case of shameless attention seeking?
I don't really blame him, ever since he said that and also that awolowo wanted to be president, Yoruba elders have set fire all over his azz, he is doing damage control and has gone mad about it.
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by cjrane: 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2012
helpee: Femi Fani-Kayode

Hehehe,
Before 1957, a Hausa man had been a Mayor in Enugu. Yoruba men had many positions and businesses in the eastern region.Everyone knows that in 1957, Eyo ITa was the Premier of the East and Nnamdi Azikiwe defeated Awolowo to become the Premier of western region. Awolowo then played his trumph card of tribalism to force the then "detribalised Yorubas" that had voted for Zik to cross carpet overnight. That singular act resounded across Nigeria that you cannot become a premier in a region other than your tribal area. A situation which has continued until date. It is tragic that Awolowo killed the chance of Nigeria ever being a true country out of his inordinate ambition to become premier in the western region.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by PaulJohn1: 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
At times, I wonder what some old Nigerians are up to.
Are these people thinking at all?! for goodness sake. Now because he has said "Igbo's started tribal politics", is that going to change anything? the best that can happen is more tribal bashing and advancement in hatred towards each other.
The same way the old prof some recent weeks brought up a baseless assertion from the pit of hell.
If we continue like this I wonder what the generation unborn would look like. Already, our generation has been compromised by the barbaric mind set of our elders who should have been the ones to set a solid foundation that would help us attain a greater height in the world at large.

The world is moving fast and we need to be at the same pace. Alas, we're still at logger head on who did this?, why was it done like that?.
The annoying part of it is that; we younger ones seem to be worse that those who passed this to us, just from the comments on this thread.
We can't continue like...
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by aljharem(m): 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2012
Paul John: At times, I wonder what some old Nigerians are up to.
Are these people thinking at all?! for goodness sake. Now because he has said "Igbo's started tribal politics", is that going to change anything? the best that can happen is more tribal bashing and advancement in hatred towards each other.
The same way the old prof some recent weeks brought up a baseless assertion from the pit of hell.
If we continue like this I wonder what the generation unborn would look like. Already, our generation has been compromised by the barbaric mind set of our elders who should have been the ones to set a solid foundation that would help us attain a greater height in the world at large.

The world is moving fast and we need to be at the same pace. Alas, we're still at logger head on who did this?, why was it done like that?.
The annoying part of it is that; we younger ones seem to be worse that those who passed this to us, just from the comments on this thread.

How old is Femi compare to Achebe. Is it not likes of Achebe that is meant to be calling likes of Femi to order ? But you are very correct I can't fault you

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by MrGlobe(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2012

The bolded renders your whole comment invalid Mr. Awoist. Next please
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by aljharem(m): 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2012
@ Paul John

You see how unreasonable these people are, Look at what a poster wrote after you comment on fostering unity.

Mr. Globe:

The bolded renders your whole comment invalid Mr. Awoist. Next please

Madness right ? grin grin grin This is why likes of fstranger, dayokaun and alj harem are formed. To break goats like this down. *just saying* ie if i have time and want to catch some fun cheesy smiley
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by Dede1(m): 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2012

One of the most important aspects of 100M dash is good start off the block. Now, please I want you to correlate this 100M statement with “The world is moving fast and we need to be at the same pace.” The only reasonable comment I picked out of the balderdash from above post is “We can't continue like... “
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by Jisunpack: 10:09pm On Oct 27, 2012
Explain what yo meant by level playing ground. Keep your delusions alive. What do you have other than empty chest beating?

Abagworo:

I still believe that in a level playing field devoid of allocation and the National character, what those great men stated is the reality.
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by MrGlobe(m): 10:15pm On Oct 27, 2012
Dede1:

One of the most important aspects of 100M dash is good start off the block. Now, please I want you to correlate this 100M statement with “The world is moving fast and we need to be at the same pace.” The only reasonable comment I picked out of the balderdash from above post is “We can't continue like... “
well said, please try to break down these riddles for dumbasses like Alh harem, I bet he will read everything you just wrote without understanding a single thing.

@Alh Harem am glad you have come out fully as the tribalist you are, you guys keep catching L's. Just yesterday one of you, shymexx was busted as bittyend. Am waiting for you to 'break the goat down', if you do that by trolling the forum or using all nairalands emoticons for a single post.... oh well
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by MrGlobe(m): 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: Explain what yo meant by level playing ground. Keep your delusions alive. What do you have other than empty chest beating?

in simple terms it means if an igbo guy and a Yoruba guy are sent to a forest to develop themselves afresh, the Yoruba man either dies of hunger or the igbo man employs him for some services in that forest. simple for your dull brain
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by Jisunpack: 10:23pm On Oct 27, 2012
^

Lemme help you out with this Hausa adage. . ."Kana mun kallon biri, ina maka kallon ayaba". . .roughly translated to as "The ibos always want to see other people as monkeys, while on the other hand, other people sees them as banana( easily munched) "

The only reason for you to think you are of a superior race is because you are deluded. You displayed your cards early enough in the game(1945).

No one is going to allow you AGAIN!.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by Noiseless2: 10:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
GET A LIFE,ALHJ_BOKO HAREM/JOHN PAUL MY AZZ!

Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by PaulJohn1: 10:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
Dede1:

I meant we have to close up the gap. We're left behind and the gap is wide.

You can read my present mood from that wrong construction
Thanks though.
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by PaulJohn1: 10:28pm On Oct 27, 2012
alj harem:

How old is Femi compare to Achebe. Is it not likes of Achebe that is meant to be calling likes of Femi to order ? But you are very correct I can't fault you

Bros, they're both old enough to have a grandchild.
Re: Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode by Abagworo(m): 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2012
Logically the examples given by Mr Falana do not in any way suggest tribal politics. Those statements sound more like self praise than tribalism.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / View The So Called Aba International Market. / Igbo Brothers let us decide, What do we Really Want?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.