Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? (3423 Views)

Message For The Mods: Nairaland's Names Of Tribal Bigots. / Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode / Tribal Politics Cost Awolowo Nigerian Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
I no longer want to hear Nigerians complain about corruption. It is impossible to take you lot serious anymore. Even the supposedly intelligent, awoken, Pan-Africanist posters like Rossikk have shown their hand now and I've seen what is really at the heart of Nigeria's problem.

I have a Yoruba father and a Calabar mother but I have never thought once about condoning theft and injustices because the perpetrators are "from my place".

Despite being a proud Yoruba man, I have always had nothing but the utmost respect for the history and culture of others in Nigeria. I'm the one busy campaigning for African Americans and other Africans to purchase vehicles made by Innoson. I have made my entire family promise never to buy an imported vehicle if Innoson has an alternative, even if it costs more. Despite being very much a fan of Tunde Fashola the governor of my home state, I was deeply unhappy that the contract for Lagos metro buses did not go to Innocent Chukwuma. Because what I am after is the progress of NIGERIA, not "my place" and I am smart enough to understand that "my place" can only become great if the rest of Nigeria and Africa is too. I would never support an injustice against an Igbo or Hausa or Idoma or Ijaw person because the perpetrator is Yoruba - that is nonsense to me.

I wonder, the God you people here are so vocal about worshipping amidst shows of ridiculous piety - do you really believe in that God? Does that bible you swear on actually mean anything to you? If that God came and met you now, would you be approved?

I cannot express how disappointing and depressing it is that so many Nigerians are still falling for this old mugu trick of petty tribalism. Do you know that at the top, the people stealing your children's destinies don't care about tribe? That they are all eating your money together whether Bini, Yoruba, Igbo or Isoko?

The british who introduced this divide and conquer thing would be amazed that 200 years later, we're still falling for the same mugu trick. No wonder they can look down on us and make us pay £3000 bond to visit London.

Listen Nigeria: The world is moving at a fast pace. The dollar is failing. New energy sources will render oil obsolete. Other African countries are doing great things with what they have. Nobody, I repeat nobody is going to wait for Nigerians to grow up and stop playing fufu-and-stockfish ethnic politics. The world out there is far more complex and bigger than Nigeria and no one has time for Nigeria's childish issues. If Nigeria still wants to be the giant of Africa which still regularly soils its 53 year-old nappies, then please leave those of us from all ethnicities of this country that want to work together in peace and make progress. Give us a patch of barren land in the desert and see what we do with it while the rest of you can fight to the death over your federal allocation oyel moni.

Please those of us - Igbo or Yoruba or whoever that are interested in progress should find a way to come together. Let's leave this gathering of mad men.

13 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by FreeGlobe(f): 12:03am On Oct 25, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Goodluck. Perhaps you are different because of your mixed parentage
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by 1radioguru1: 12:09am On Oct 25, 2013
FreeGlobe: grin grin grin grin

Blockhead you need help.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 25, 2013
I identify myself as a proud Yoruba man and my mum was born in Lagos and is more fluent in Yoruba than Ibibio. So my parentage has little to do with it. Progress is a state of mind.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:25am On Oct 25, 2013
@op its a nice idea but I'm afraid u are fighting a lost battle, fighting tribalism on nairaland is like fighting corruption in nigeria u cant eliminate it rather u minimize it with the help of the authority.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 25, 2013
Ucheosefoh: @op its a nice idea but I'm afraid u are fighting a lost battle, fighting tribalism on nairaland is like fighting corruption in nigeria u cant eliminate it rather u minimize it with the help of the authority.
The whole thing is beyond ridiculous now and if Seun was not such a useless forum owner, he would have done something about it. Nairaland is where public sphere discourse in Nigeria takes place. It is unthinkable that the largest Black forum on the internet has discourses framed in tribal casts.

This is such a joke.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by dejijohns(m): 12:58am On Oct 25, 2013
I'm with you on this bruh..
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by eye4eye: 1:22am On Oct 25, 2013
@op, I was once like you until the ibos on nairaland turned me to a biggot. I am now a biggot for life. I am now against anything ibos except few honorable ones.

I advise you to type "yorubas are" in google and see what ibo are deliberately writing on the internet. You must change your mind reading the lies ibos are putting on the internet. I will continue to hate ibos on nairaland, except berem, obiageli, cleverly, and few lovely ibos.

You can hate me now
Coz I won't stop now
Coz I can't stop now
You can hate me nowwwwww

11 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by AnOlAd: 2:31am On Oct 25, 2013
it soooo sad..
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 25, 2013
You are on your own ....OY O
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Tuntheycr7: 3:08am On Oct 25, 2013
[Quote]Please those of us - Igbo or Yoruba or whoever that are interested in progress should find a way to come together. Let's leave this gathering of mad men[/quote]
May God help us.
I say NO to e-tribal fight
But seriously its gettin outta hand on nairaland

ONE NATION, GOOD PEOPLE

God bess Naija

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Ngwakwe: 3:16am On Oct 25, 2013
Most Nigerians will always be tribal/ethnocentric including you until "Charity begins at home" is abolished and fairness, equity and merit become the unit of "who gets what"

Try advising recipients of tribal-based favour in admission in schools of higher learning, employment, promotion in the work place etc to start rejecting those favours then you will see how the cheated (less favoured) will respond.

Nigeria is a cesspit, the have and have not, the favoured and the cheated, the ugly and the beautiful where help and forgiveness based on preference for tribesmen will always be unacceptable.

Competition between Ethnic groups is not tribalism rather envy and jealousy against other Ethnic groups based on inability to compete is.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by badmeat(m): 3:19am On Oct 25, 2013
Interesting!just watching hw dis plays out
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 25, 2013
I have learnt not to take people like the opp seriously.the opp comes to tell us he is yoruba,he writes all these long lines claiming he abhors tribal politics.but where was he when fani kayode,an ex minister of yoruba origin was busy insulting Igbos online and on the pages of newspapers?the op never came then to write against tribalism.
Where was the op when there were threads about fani kayodes corruption during his time as minister?
Where was the op when iyabo,obj,lagos speaker are busy looting the national and state treasuries,tinubus great ponzi scheme in respect to the lekki concession?
The op was nowhere to be found,he never came here to talk about justice for looters,nor write against corruption,yes we know why,because all the culprits involved are yorubas.
When one sees the number of yorubas who come on the net to applaud fani kayode while he insulted Igbos repeatedly,you begin to wonder what kind of human beings yorubas are.the op never came here to write against tribalism then,yes we know why,because fani kayode is a yoruba man like you so either you applaud him,defend him but to criticize or speak against his actions and his hateful tribal writeups is out of the question for you.there are numerous threads on nairaland of yoruba govt officials like ifukuruji,the lagos speaker and how they are looting their states dry,I know you never bothered to write against all that corruption in southwest because those involved are your yoruba tribesmen,if you can't write or fight against corruption when the culprits are your yoruba tribesmen,if you can't protest against govt officials accused of corruption because the are your fellow yoruba tribesmen,then shove it,keep your epistles to yourself,we are not fo0ls,you need the sermon more than we do.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Gboliwe: 4:08am On Oct 25, 2013
Most of you who come here condeming tribalism are the 'senior members' who have several handles. You create different handles stirring up rife among tribes and users. I used to think we were all genuine until I was priviledged to get a glimpse of the source of many handles causing trouble here. I was shocked!
Respected members, above 30yrs old folks, who should know better, condescend and create special handles to propagate hate. It shall never be well with those fellas both here and outside here!
Bunch of id io ts!

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 4:33am On Oct 25, 2013
I love THEORY!!
Everything works in theory.

*@OP, Utopia was bombed in 1914, its now a desolate place.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by kepsi123(m): 5:45am On Oct 25, 2013
@op. May God bless you. Tribal politicians are idiots and I have no apology for that.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by biafranqueen: 5:57am On Oct 25, 2013
Who needs those negative idiots I'm with you I respect all cultures I challenge anybody to ever find one negative thing I said about another tribe except When Pagan was calling all Nigerians outside his tribe whores and I pointed out stuff about how his people have high divorce rate and serious issues with alcoholism and he agreed, because it was not tribalistic but truth that was documented about his actual town, not the whole tribe, other then that I am pro Igbo but I respect all cultures and tribes and tribalism must end. The elite are using it to keep us divided so they can continue to share the wealth among themselves. But first the ban on tribalism must start with mods and super mods that are really fanning the flames, by allowing some hateful comments to continue while others are kept on the thread!

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by deeptesting(m): 6:02am On Oct 25, 2013
@ OP it is a lost battle, i have minimized my contribution on NL politics section because of this whole issue, i just stand on the fence and read through articles without making a comment.. Be the change you want to see.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 25, 2013
@op, get used to it bro. Tribalism is part of the nigerian fabric.
Everything in nigeria is based on tribalism ; federal appointments, marriage even judgements..they are all based on tribalism. Nairaland is just a typical nigerian forum participated by typical nigerians.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by gurnam: 6:20am On Oct 25, 2013

If you are an old person in your sixties, there is no problem, you will soon leave the scene....however am afraid if you are circa 30 yrs.

With what you've been spewing here, your future is bleak.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by gurnam: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2013
chima12: I have learnt not to take people like the opp seriously.the opp comes to tell us he is yoruba,he writes all these long lines claiming he abhors tribal politics.but where was he when fani kayode,an ex minister of yoruba origin was busy insulting Igbos online and on the pages of newspapers?the op never came then to write against tribalism.
Where was the op when there were threads about fani kayodes corruption during his time as minister?
Where was the op when iyabo,obj,lagos speaker are busy looting the national and state treasuries,tinubus great ponzi scheme in respect to the lekki concession?
The op was nowhere to be found,he never came here to talk about justice for looters,nor write against corruption,yes we know why,because all the culprits involved are yorubas.
When one sees the number of yorubas who come on the net to applaud fani kayode while he insulted Igbos repeatedly,you begin to wonder what kind of human beings yorubas are.the op never came here to write against tribalism then,yes we know why,because fani kayode is a yoruba man like you so either you applaud him,defend him but to criticize or speak against his actions and his hateful tribal writeups is out of the question for you.there are numerous threads on nairaland of yoruba govt officials like ifukuruji,the lagos speaker and how they are looting their states dry,I know you never bothered to write against all that corruption in southwest because those involved are your yoruba tribesmen,if you can't write or fight against corruption when the culprits are your yoruba tribesmen,if you can't protest against govt officials accused of corruption because the are your fellow yoruba tribesmen,then shove it,keep your epistles to yourself,we are not fo0ls,you need the sermon more than we do.

Shut up your putrid and rotten gutter-water filled mouth...you have no ounce of shame!

Point to an article or any comment on NL here that suggest where Yorubas have been defending a crook with all the blood in their veins the way you ethnic jingoist have been doing in the last two years.

What you people have succeeded in doing unwittingly is telling everyone that going forward....everyone should defend his or her ethnic person accused of corruption...no matter the evidence on the table.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by holyvirgin: 6:43am On Oct 25, 2013
I use to be like you until I read Dayokanu's post one day about another tribe and I told myself that Tribalism has come to stay. Hate it or like it nothing can be done.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Aedesmuskeeto: 6:52am On Oct 25, 2013
I'm with you on this o.p.
But i'm afraid this task begins with the mods. The days of tribal politics are numbered. Good luck bro..
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by fkaz(m): 7:01am On Oct 25, 2013
daz_york:
The whole thing is beyond ridiculous now and if Seun was not such a useless forum owner, he would have done something about it. Nairaland is where public sphere discourse in Nigeria takes place. It is unthinkable that the largest Black forum on the internet has discourses framed in tribal casts.

This is such a joke.

@bold, you see your hatred for the yoruba man, calling seun a uselessman. You are claiming to be a yoruba man, due to inferiority complex, you better buried your flat head in shame.

You and your ibo brothers can leave the gathering of mad men in lagos and go to your barren land or better still borno and make it there.
Nigeria was build on greed, the earlier we go our different the better we will be. Let stop pretending
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by juman(m): 7:06am On Oct 25, 2013
One nigeria is the root of nigerian problems.

To hell with one nigeria.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by cashkid419(m): 7:10am On Oct 25, 2013
d op is already fightin a lost battle cuz tribalism has cum to stay in nig..as long as d different ethnic groups wia forced into dis unholy marriage,tribalism wl stil b at his peak.d beta u get use to it n stp campaignin against it d beta for u cuz tribalism has cum to stay in nig..
d only way out is to break up nig
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:19am On Oct 25, 2013
daz_york:

This is such a joke.
Tribalism bring traffic and traffic brings money to Seun's account so dont expect it to end cus its a war without end.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:25am On Oct 25, 2013
fkaz:

@bold, you see your hatred for the yoruba man, calling seun a useless. You are claiming to be a yoruba man, due to inferiority complex, you better buried your flat head in shame.

You and your ibo brothers can leave the gathering of mad men in lagos and go to your barren land or better still borno and make it there.
Nigeria was build on greed, the earlier we go our different the better we will be. Let stop pretending
U dont stay in ur father's house and be condeming another mans house kindly pay a visit before u judge please for the sake of ur parents that waste money to send u to skul stop behaving like a ret@rded
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 25, 2013
fkaz:

@bold, you see your hatred for the yoruba man, calling seun a useless. You are claiming to be a yoruba man, due to inferiority complex, you better buried your flat head in shame.

So I'm now an Igbo man pretending to be Yoruba because I'm speaking out against childish politics?
Ok then. I have actually seen it all now.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by PointB: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2013
@Op,
Just one correction to your initial post,

It is not called 'fufu and stock-fish' politics, the right term is 'amala and ewedu' politics. The one who come to equity owns it a duty to at the very least come with clean hands! I bet 10 Naira you have never seen let alone eat stock-fish in your life; you probably grew up with Ewedu, gbegiri, and amala.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by FreeGlobe(f): 7:42am On Oct 25, 2013
daz_york:
So I'm now an Igbo man pretending to be Yoruba because I'm speaking out against childish politics?
Ok then. I have actually seen it all now.
I guess its now evident to you that your people are the cause of tribalism in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan And Head Of State Of Burkina Faso, Lt. Col Isaac Zida (pictures) / Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi / Gov. Obiano Weeps As Petrol Tanker Burns 69 In Otsha (graphic Pic).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.