Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

Great Things About Your Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Great Things About Your Marriage (8845 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! / Tell Us About Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
Wat will I say dan to thanks God for givin a wondafu, friend,dearest womam as my wife.I ask God to bless me as a good husband.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2012
Very lovely thread. My marriage is made in heaven. My husband aka Obim is God sent I must say. He is a man and a woman all together. Its almost 2 yrs since we got married but I can count how many times I have done the laundry. Sometimes, I don't even know its done until I look outside. With o much joy and smile while the music is playing, he would mop as I sweep, he would cut the flowers, baby sit our son, fuels,cleans nd fix my car( me that have a car no Sani anything) ns believe it or not, he goes to the market when he notice that I am tired. He would just say, Usom, let me go to the market while you do the cooking. He buys things or me even when I don't ask and I lack nothing. He is so close to our son that when i am even around, my son prefers to be with him and i love that soooo much. We are best of friends, gist buddies and sure knows how to make me feel like a woman. In my next world, I want him to be my husband and father of my children.

2 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by EfemenaXY: 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2012
Cool thread, I must say! cheesy smiley
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2012
My wife makes me wish I never never never never never married. The ONLY good/great thing in the marriage are the two boys. I am tempted to upload there pics. The are cute boys

1 Like

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by DukeNija(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
Efemena and Co pls pls pls don't patronise peeps.
All these anti-marriage Crooners.
Leading the Movement for hate and Woman Emancipation.
Pastor don preach for Una 2day Abi??
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by DukeNija(m): 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hotstepper: Very lovely thread. My marriage is made in heaven. My husband aka Obim is God sent I must say. He is a man and a woman all together. Its almost 2 yrs since we got married but I can count how many times I have done the laundry. Sometimes, I don't even know its done until I look outside. With o much joy and smile while the music is playing, he would mop as I sweep, he would cut the flowers, baby sit our son, fuels,cleans nd fix my car( me that have a car no Sani anything) ns believe it or not, he goes to the market when he notice that I am tired. He would just say, Usom, let me go to the market while you do the cooking. He buys things or me even when I don't ask and I lack nothing. He is so close to our son that when i am even around, my son prefers to be with him and i love that soooo much. We are best of friends, gist buddies and sure knows how to make me feel like a woman. In my next world, I want him to be my husband and father of my children.

Will you Still be this Happy if he stops being your Part-time Houseboy?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2012
Yes I will 100 percent and he is not my houseboy. He's a hardworking man that value his family and doesn't think men should not help around the house.

4 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Busybody2(f): 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2012
His thoughtfulness, his silliness, his vulnerability, his quick wit and razor sharp humour and his conflict resolution skills.

His perservering and unconditional love for me and my imperfection and my idiosyncrasies.

1 Like

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
debrief - can we talk about fiances tongue
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2012
cotton101: debrief - can we talk about fiances tongue
Yes oh, we can talk about any spouse who is doing it right
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by adaemetu(f): 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hotstepper: Very lovely thread. My marriage is made in heaven. My husband aka Obim is God sent I must say. He is a man and a woman all together. Its almost 2 yrs since we got married but I can count how many times I have done the laundry. Sometimes, I don't even know its done until I look outside. With o much joy and smile while the music is playing, he would mop as I sweep, he would cut the flowers, baby sit our son, fuels,cleans nd fix my car( me that have a car no Sani anything) ns believe it or not, he goes to the market when he notice that I am tired. He would just say, Usom, let me go to the market while you do the cooking. He buys things or me even when I don't ask and I lack nothing. He is so close to our son that when i am even around, my son prefers to be with him and i love that soooo much. We are best of friends, gist buddies and sure knows how to make me feel like a woman. In my next world, I want him to be my husband and father of my children.
Awwwwww sooo cool
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
Busy_body:
His thoughtfulness, his silliness, his vulnerability, his quick wit and razor sharp humour and his conflict resolution skills.

His perservering and unconditional love for me and my imperfection and my idiosyncrasies.
Lol at Razor sharp humour, my Ogas own is crude and wicked, too blunt, most people dont get it, we go out and I am pinching him or if I am sitting across, looking and begging with my eyes, Him own na bad mouth. Imagine saying to someone " I hope you didn't pay for that hair oh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin"
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by EfemenaXY: 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hmmm....my own different o!

Me, na basic animal instinct and attraction be my own. That man fine nor be small thing! As soon as I saw him, the first that entered my mind was: Yea, lord! This man is going to be the father of my children o! tongue tongue

Yes, I'm an absolute sucker for handsome men. Tall (and I mean over 6ft), dark and handsome. Kai!! Yes, Efe is sooooooooooo vain - who nor wan born fine-fine pikin?? And yes our kids are testament to that jor. See as handsomeness dey flow for that man side of the family eh!

I hold my own equally in that area, but won't blow my trumpet sha. Now what else do I love about that man sef, apart from his great physic and model looks? Ah yes,

~ 14 years on in married life and the nookie is no joke! Seriously.

~ I love his intelligence. I'll never cease / tire of talking with him. His knowledge on many subjects is vast. Although we do have some differences though. Can't for the life of me understand what he enjoys watching Discovery "How it was made" stuff - you know Jet Engines, automobiles (arrgghhh!!), formulae 1, snooker (double arrggghhh there!). But yeah we do love real animal documentaries and a couple of entertainment / comedy programs. Love watching those with him - his comments are hilarious!

~ He's a fantastic cook in the kitchen. Well, he would be, afterall he gets that from his dad. Been teaching my boys how to cook too.

~ He's a friend, a confidant, someone to pour my bad and good day experiences on.

~ What else? Oh, I just love him for who he is. Miss him loads when he's got to work long hours. Was terrible when he travelled for a month. I cried my eyes out the night before he left, you go think say person die. Hmmmm funny now, but not then sha.

He's not perfect, but he's my perfect match. Yeah, that's what I love about him and our marriage. We've grown together. Understand each other a lot, lot better then we did during the early years of marriage.... cheesy smiley

4 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Busybody2(f): 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2012
debrief08:
Lol at Razor sharp humour, my Ogas own is crude and wicked, too blunt, most people dont get it, we go out and I am pinching him or if I am sitting across, looking and begging with my eyes, Him own na bad mouth. Imagine saying to someone " I hope you didn't pay for that hair oh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin"

Hahaha, in the same boat so i know the feeling, lolz.

I have lost count of the times its been so embarassing I wished the ground would open up and swallow me cheesy If I was oyinbo, my colour would have permanently turned red from blushing grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by EfemenaXY: 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2012
Duke_Nija: Efemena and Co pls pls pls don't patronise peeps.
All these anti-marriage Crooners.
Leading the Movement for hate and Woman Emancipation.
Pastor don preach for Una 2day Abi??

Awww - a bit of the green eyed monster here. cheesy
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
Efemena_xy: Hmmm....my own different o!

Me, na basic animal instinct and attraction be my own. That man fine nor be small thing! As soon as I saw him, the first that entered my mind was: Yea, lord! This man is going to be the father of my children o! tongue tongue

Yes, I'm an absolute sucker for handsome men. Tall (and I mean over 6ft), dark and handsome. Kai!! Yes, Efe is sooooooooooo vain - who nor wan born fine-fine pikin?? And yes our kids are testament to that jor. See as handsomeness dey flow for that man side of the family eh!

I hold my own equally in that area, but won't blow my trumpet sha. Now what else do I love about that man sef, apart from his great physic and model looks? Ah yes,

~ I love his intelligence. I'll never cease / tire of talking with him. His knowledge on many subjects is vast. Although we do have some differences though. Can't for the life of me understand what he enjoys watching Discovery "How it was made" stuff - you know Jet Engines, automobiles (arrgghhh!!), formulae 1, snooker (double arrggghhh there!). But yeah we do love real animal documentaries and a couple of entertainment / comedy programs. Love watching those with him - his comments are hilarious!

~ He's a fantastic cook in the kitchen. Well, he would be, afterall he gets that from his dad. Been teaching my boys how to cook too.

~ He's a friend, a confidant, someone to pour my bad and good day experiences on.

~ What else? Oh, I just love him for who he is. Miss him loads when he's got to work long hours. Was terrible when he travelled for a month. I cried my eyes out the night before he left, you go think say person die. Hmmmm funny now, but not then sha.

He's not perfect, but he's my perfect match. Yeah, that's what I love about him and our marriage. We've grown together. Understand each other a lot, lot better then we did during the early years of marriage.... cheesy smiley

this is how its supposed to be

LOL about wanting fine pickin - lol.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
Busy_body:

Hahaha, in the same boat so i know the feeling, lolz.

I have lost count of the times its been so embarassing I wished the ground would open up and swallow me cheesy If I was oyinbo, my colour would have permanently turned red from blushing grin cheesy cheesy
My Sister, just this weekend we had a get together with some other couples, I had begged him before we left, He has been away and I know he will have some "comments" about some friends, one in particular, I begged him, Oga, keep your unsolicited opinions to yourself, save it for gossip when we reach house. Hian, we got there, we entered, greeted and hugged others, just when I was about to give him a thumbs up one of our friends who had recently taking to "toning" aggressively, walked in and gave him a hug and a peck, I stepped on his feet, but I was too late Oga said "na wa oh A-----, which kain bleaching be this one na"?

2 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
Efemena_xy: Hmmm....my own different o!

awww, i wanna be like una when i grow up
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Ishilove: 8:41pm On Oct 28, 2012
debrief08: Too many depressing topics on marriage lets lighten it up AND Let us stop scaring the unmarried folks.
Abi o. U married folks have succeeded in scaring the beejeezus out of us, The Unmarried angry sad
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by EfemenaXY: 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
cotton101:

this is how its supposed to be

LOL about wanting fine pickin - lol. my own was making sure my kids were tall cos looks wise i knew any child coming out of my womb was going to be fine so was never worried about that. joke o joke

My sister na so now!

A bit of Jungle instinct was used in choosing my mate for life.

Man (homosapiens) is afterall, an animal... grin grin

debrief08:

awww, i wanna be like una when i grow up

Lol! Thanks Debrief cheesy
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by jephiano: 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
I've been married for just a year and three months so i dont really feel 'qualified' to talk about marriage. So far to be honest its been too easy. We just compliment each other so well that quarrels are basically non-existent. We r just so proud of eachother. She is so strong, worked real hard during her pregnancy. Infact her allround strength made me so calm and confident during her labour and delivery. I just knew if God protected her from uncertaintities she would deliver quite easily and she did. She has been my best friend, my confidant, an excellent cook and i pray we grow from strength to strength.

4 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by bjcole(m): 11:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
women & their funny comments, so if a man has not turn to houseboy, u wont luv him, d world is surely upside down, Someone drives 2 his wife shop everyday & stay there throughout D day & he is nt praying 4 it change. I rather be a femi otedola r mike Adenuga with little or no time 4 wify gossips, than a woman rapper.The more time u spend wit a woman in d house, d more insults u receive.Women olivertwists little wonders some f d commentators here r nt still satisfy even after all d so called treat.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by EfemenaXY: 12:27am On Oct 29, 2012
Ishilove:
Abi o. U married folks have succeeded in scaring the beejeezus out of us, The Unmarried angry sad

Awww! It's not all doom and gloom na! Besides, marriage does have it's perks... cheesy
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Ishilove: 4:02am On Oct 29, 2012
shagarri: We are complimentary entities, like garri and sugar.

She sabi craze, I sabi yarn.

She sabi cook, I sabi chop.

She sabi dance, I sabi do don jazzy for background.

She sabi movies, i sabi book.

She sabi dress, I sabi un.dress.

...to be continued.
Even though I know this poster is still unmarried and prolly waiting for his NYSC call up letter, I still find the post hilarious cheesy
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 29, 2012
bjcole: women & their funny comments, so if a man has not turn to houseboy, u wont luv him, d world is surely upside down, Someone drives 2 his wife shop everyday & stay there throughout D day & he is nt praying 4 it change. I rather be a femi otedola r mike Adenuga with little or no time 4 wify gossips, than a woman rapper.The more time u spend wit a woman in d house, d more insults u receive.Women olivertwists little wonders some f d commentators here r nt still satisfy even after all d so called treat.
[/quote[quote author=bjcole]women & their funny comments, so if a man has not turn to houseboy, u wont luv him, d world is surely upside down, Someone drives 2 his wife shop everyday & stay there throughout D day & he is nt praying 4 it change. I rather be a femi otedola r mike Adenuga with little or no time 4 wify gossips, than a woman rapper.The more time u spend wit a woman in d house, d more insults u receive.Women olivertwists little wonders some f d commentators here r nt still satisfy even after all d so called treat.
]
Not every woman wants a dangote or an Adenuga, Adenuga has multiple wives who may seem to have it all but may not be happy.
Dangote has been married 3 times and none of the wives stayed. SO we will gladly have a woman wrapper who knows that he must work but money is to take care of his family and not to replace family time. Our husbands may not be Dangotes but we value them more than the biggest diamonds, Why spend all the time away making money when you end up with a miserable wife and kids who you had no input in their lives?
Our wealth and happiness is not in things but in our loved ones. We like our woman wrappers like that, I hope Dangotes Ex wives can say the same

8 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by 5much(m): 5:35am On Oct 29, 2012
really nice and cheering comments.big up,guys.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 29, 2012
Ishilove:
Even though I know this poster is still unmarried and prolly waiting for his NYSC call up letter, I still find the post hilarious cheesy

Even though I know you are having a hard time nailing down a man and believe that till YOU get married, every other person on Nairaland is single...I still find this hilarious.

3 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by jephiano: 6:40am On Oct 29, 2012
Guy dont allow cynicism to blind you. The guys are not jobless; their 'crime' is wanting to spend more time with their families and helping out with chores. Some men are very good at that and even enjoy it. If the guy that drives to his wife shop everyday started a thread complaining that though his job provides for the family adequately, his wife is pushing him to go and hustle with his spare time, u would most likely come here and bash women (afterall u have already called them Oliver Twist).
Beyond that if money is so good and wonderful, how come the really poor are not commiting suicide in droves but sometimes even the rich do? Being rich should never be equated with being happy, fulfilled and content.
Nuff Said
madam Debrief, thanks for ur response on the matter.
bjcole: women & their funny comments, so if a man has not turn to houseboy, u wont luv him, d world is surely upside down, Someone drives 2 his wife shop everyday & stay there throughout D day & he is nt praying 4 it change. I rather be a femi otedola r mike Adenuga with little or no time 4 wify gossips, than a woman rapper.The more time u spend wit a woman in d house, d more insults u receive.Women olivertwists little wonders some f d commentators here r nt still satisfy even after all d so called treat.

2 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by phecs: 6:41am On Oct 29, 2012
I love dis thread!it makes me want to settle down fast!buh d agony of it all am stl searchin
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 29, 2012
@

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Cartoon Network Has Done To Our Kids! / Comical Reasons Why Kids Cry(pics) / Tired: Need Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.