Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety (10749 Views)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / El-Rufai Arrives Bauchi In A Jet For Progressives Govs Forum..photos / Amaechi Bought Forms For The 16 Aspirants, I Will Ignore Them-Nyesom Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by LailaIkeji1: 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2012
The Rivers State Government has confirmed the purchase of a brand new Bombardier Jet for Governor Chibuike Amaechi at a cost of $45million.

Mrs. Ibim Semenitari,the Commissioner for Information in reaction to inquiries by P.M.NEWS said “It was paid for two years ago. The reason is for safety. The new aircraft is a much safer one.”

She said the old aircraft will be sold.

According to a report, Amaechi acquired the brand new Bombardier Global 5000 (N565RS) for his exclusive use.

The report criticised Amaechi for going for such luxury ” at time hundreds of thousands of residents in his state are displaced by the worst flooding crisis in the state’s history”.

However,Semenitari pointed out that the purchase was made two years ago based on expert advice that the new one is safer.

She argued that the Governor duly consulted the Rivers state House of Assembly and the purchase was approved.

She said that the state government has not neglected the flood victims.

According to the Saharareporters, however,the newly purchased jet left Montreal-Trudeau Airport in Montreal, Quebec to Dakar Yoff International Airport.

And then it was delivered to the state government on 7 October 2012.

The jet was primarily purchased from Bombardier in Canada for $45.7 million through the Bank of Utah Trustee account.

“This is an ungodly act,” said a Port Harcourt-based human rights campaigner.

Amaechi was said to have traded off the state’s current Embraer Legacy 600 claiming it was too expensive to maintain.

There were also unconfirmed claims that the jet was struck by lightning”.

P.M.NEWS recalls that the sale of Rivers’ Dash 8-Q200 aircraft to Cross River State for $6 million.

Cross River State government decision to lease the plane to Aero Contractors to undertake commercial flights to and from Obudu airstrip was a source of media war between the State Action Congress of Nigeria,A C N,the State government.

The state claimed it sold the plane at 6Million US Dollars,while the Cross Rivers state goverment claimed it bought it at 9Million Dollars.

The ACN spokesman,Jerry Needam, asked the state government to come out clean about the actual amount it sold the aircraft.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/27/amaechi-confirms-buying-45-million-bombardier-jet/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by otokx(m): 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
Thank you Laila
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by MrGlobe(m): 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2012
Amaechi is holding Rivers state to ransome. There is so much corruption in rivers syate, the house of assembly there are executive tools who are both toothless and mouthless. Why does a Governor in one of the poorest nations in the world need a private jet, where is he travelling to, what is he travelling for? Why is Amaechi still the chiarman of Governors/Corruption forum. Port Harcourt is a mess!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by acidtalk: 9:48am On Oct 30, 2012

According to a report, Amaechi acquired the brand new Bombardier Global 5000 (N565RS) for his exclusive use.

She argued that the Governor duly consulted the Rivers state House of Assembly and the purchase was approved.

The jet was primarily purchased from Bombardier in Canada for $45.7 million through the Bank of Utah Trustee account.

*Exclusive us Kwanu? If Ameachi has been a business man, will he have the guts to buy such Aircraft? Even if a took money from bank. REAL LEADERS in developed countries who genuinely reaLly came into power to serve will NEVER think of even dreaming of such inhuman behavior.

* ONE THIEF is contact group of ROGUES. What's the difference between Ameachi and the criminals in the state legislative house?

* The act is more than ungodly, it is SATANIC

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Abujafood: 9:49am On Oct 30, 2012
If a private Jet can guarantee safety, this would make sense! I think he meant to say Comfort and convenience!
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2012
Laila Ikeji: The Rivers State Government has confirmed the purchase of a brand new Bombardier Jet for Governor Chibuike Amaechi at a cost of $45million.

Lol. Yeah, Right.

I doubt he knew the purchase was made two years ago.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Amaechi is holding Rivers state to ransome. There is so much corruption in rivers syate, the house of assembly there are executive tools who are both toothless and mouthless. Why does a Governor in one of the poorest nations in the world need a private jet, where is he travelling to, what is he travelling for? Why is Amaechi still the chiarman of Governors/Corruption forum. Port Harcourt is a mess!

I beg to disagree...

Amaechi dey try.. He sold two jets bought by Odili to get the new bombadier 5000 Global..

The jet belongs to the state, not Amaechi..

And its not like he isnt working in the state..

I see no big deal in this news jor..

Tell me say you sef no wan fly inside this kind plane..
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by mercenaryx(m): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2012
Tears! Tears! What a shame! What a blow to sanity! Amaechi! Woe awaits us if we keep on allowing such bunkums. Flood here, terrorism there, and jet here! More tears!
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by fittty(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2012
Congrats
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Built2last: 9:54am On Oct 30, 2012
Thats about 7.2 billion naira...into the air for safety...someone should please divide that figure by 5million Rivers Indigenes and see how much it would have alleviated poverty in that state. its a pity indeed

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by mercenaryx(m): 9:55am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

I beg to disagree...

Amaechi dey try.. He sold two jets bought by Odili to get the new bombadier 5000 Global..

I am aghast and ashame! Tears!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Okijajuju1(m): 9:56am On Oct 30, 2012
mercenaryx:
I am aghast and ashame! Tears!

WHY?!

undecided
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:

^^^I guess it's true what they say that 'power corrupts'. He seems to have forgotten where he's coming from and has allowed power to get to his head.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Demdem(m): 9:59am On Oct 30, 2012
$45Million dollars for the comfort of the governor and yet we have bridges like this in PH angry angry angry
SMH

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by acidtalk: 10:02am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

I beg to disagree...

That's why Nigeria will never move forward.
Mention one governor in the entire USA even with the smallest states bigger than the entire South-South region and far RICHER that will dare embark on such WASTE and CALLOUSE act.

Working or no working, it is his duty, that is why he begged the people to vote him in so that he can serve them so acquiring Private Jet because he is working doesn't make the small iota of sence.

We always make the mistake of permitting our leaders to loot once we think they are performing.

Do you know what development $45.7 million dollars will do in the lives of the Rivers people?

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by ihebrooke(m): 10:03am On Oct 30, 2012
Bought for safety. Hmmh?

Please someone should explain to me. Safe from what?
Road hazards?, air hazards?, sea hazards? Or enemies hazards?
Our leaders and the silly excuses they use in justifying corruption and their selfish decisions.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by vislabraye(m): 10:03am On Oct 30, 2012
But was it necessary? Those planes he replaced were said to be too old and not safe but were sold.

Tot they should be confiscated for safety issues.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by mercenaryx(m): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

WHY?!

undecided
For someone to say that For a governor to buy a jet of his own while in office and his people suffer is an hocus pocus. More tears!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by misterh(m): 10:06am On Oct 30, 2012
IMO, i think he should have delayed the delivery (if it was possible) as the act would have been misunderstood by the people. That said, why will a state govt purchase a private bird in a country where millions live in poverty? Misplacement of priority, i guess.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Okijajuju1(m): 10:09am On Oct 30, 2012
acidtalk:

That's why Nigeria will ever move forward.
Mention one governor in the entire USA even with the smallest states bigger than the entire South-South region and far RICHER that will dare embark on such WASTE and CALLOUSE act.

Working or no working, it is his duty, that is why he begged the people to vote him in so that he can serve them so acquiring Private Jet because he is working doesn't make the small iota of sence.

We always make the mistake of permitting our leaders to loot once we think they are performing.

Do you know what development $45.7 million dollars will do in the lives of the Rivers people?

I think the difference for me is that I dont see the big deal..

The plane does not belong to the Man but to the State.. 5 More of these Jets and we can start a State owned Airline..

He has really worked in Rivers State and I am proud of his achievements in the last 6 years.

If this is the worst thing he does as a governor, then I am fine with it.. Odili who did nothing for Rivers State and yet bought three aircrafts nko?! Even the flyover he managed to build has collapsed..

Again, I dont see this as such a bad thing.. Just my opinion..
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by ektbear: 10:10am On Oct 30, 2012
Can't you just lease a jet from a private company? Or rent on a per-use basis?

Surely this has to be cheaper than buying outright, no?

How many times a year will he use this private yet?
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 30, 2012
$45mUSD. Thats some crazy expense. Does Amaechi travel that much that he requires a new toy ? Until I see reason why he should be flying, I call it wasteful spending. Cos the state can afford to hire a private jet for his itineraries.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Profidada: 10:10am On Oct 30, 2012
Gov amaechi did relatively well in his first tenure. We thought he could do better. We were dead wrong. This man has continued to loot the state to its knees. He is reported to be the richest gov in the country. He did not stop there, he went and borrowed over three hundred billion naira so as to inflict maximum damage to subsequent administration. He went further to embark on mono rail project that have little or no economic value to the states with billions of naira, yet this project appeared not to have any headway.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Okijajuju1(m): 10:11am On Oct 30, 2012
Demdem: $45Million dollars for the comfort of the and yet we have bridges like this in PH angry angry angry
SMH

Who built that rubbish bridge?!

And by the way, that bridge collapsing was a blessing in disguise.. Now the Governor can build a proper bridge across Aba road..
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Chidi4u(m): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2012
Priviledged information that i obtained suggests that the aircraft will greatly help him in pursueing his law programme in Uk.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Demdem(m): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2012
misterh: IMO, i think he should have delayed the delivery (if it was possible) as the act would have been misunderstood by the people. That said, why will a state govt purchase a private bird in a country where millions live in poverty? Misplacement of priority, i guess.

I agree with u. If true it was purchased years ago (This i doubt), having it delivered now shows insensitivity on his part.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Orikinla(m): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2012
Welcome to the hysteria in Nigeria.
Please, which of the ACN governors has such an expensive private jet?
The governor of the richest state in Nigeria, Baba Fash himself has not indulged in such nonsense.
These PDP governors and their Papa Deceive Pikin Party are responsible for the present deplorable state of Nigeria.
If they are not sponsoring Islamic terrorists in the north they would be sponsoring terrorists in the Niger Delta.

Any God fearing person in Nigeria does not need a Bombardier Global 5000 (N565RS)or any other private jet in a country where over 33 million people are jobless and the roads are among the worst in the world.
Every governor, minister or even the President must experience the same life the citizens are having for better or worse, because that is the only way they can know the state of the nation and know how bad it is to address the problems and not their escapist and defeatist resorts.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 30, 2012
!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by pato405(m): 10:13am On Oct 30, 2012
...so, between crossriver and rivers, $3m [over =N= 450m] got missing. SMH angry
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

I beg to disagree...

l in this news jor..

I KNOW YOUR BRAIN IS ALWAYS UP-SIDE-DOWN. YOU NEED TO FREE YOUR SELF FROM WEED
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Demdem(m): 10:16am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

Who built that rubbish bridge?!

And by the way, that bridge collapsing was a blessing in disguise.. Now the Governor can build a proper bridge across Aba road..

Odili built it when Ameachi was the house speaker. he is still part of the rot. besides, before the collapse its only that bridge that had sizeable potholes in the whole federation (IMO). What did Ameachi do during these time? Why wait for the imminent collapse before doing something? He prefers to use that money to buy jet for his safety than repairing a bridge that was a nuisance to public safety. Thank God no life was lost when it collaspe, it would have been a different story entirely by now.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by badesco(m): 10:16am On Oct 30, 2012
Is it the same Gov. Ameachi that is claiming to be fighting corruption? He is now lavishing in corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Sent Buhari To Save Nigeria From Collapse – Oyegun / Atiku Meets Ghanaian President, Akufo-addo / VP Osinbajo Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.