Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety (10756 Views)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / El-Rufai Arrives Bauchi In A Jet For Progressives Govs Forum..photos / Amaechi Bought Forms For The 16 Aspirants, I Will Ignore Them-Nyesom Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Okijajuju1(m): 10:17am On Oct 30, 2012
Profidada: Gov amaechi did relatively well in his first tenure. We thought he could do better. We were dead wrong. This man has continued to loot the state to its knees. He is reported to be the richest gov in the country. He did not stop there, he went and borrowed over three hundred billion naira so as to inflict maximum damage to subsequent administration. He went further to embark on mono rail project that have little or no economic value to the states with billions of naira, yet this project appeared not to have any headway.

The bolded in your comment just made you look like a federal grade lipsrsealed
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Demdem(m): 10:18am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

I think the difference for me is that I dont see the big deal..

The plane does not belong to the Man but to the State.. 5 More of these Jets and we can start a State owned Airline..

He has really worked in Rivers State and I am proud of his achievements in the last 6 years.

If this is the worst thing he does as a governor, then I am fine with it.. Odili who did nothing for Rivers State and yet bought three aircrafts nko?! Even the flyover he managed to build has collapsed..

Again, I dont see this as such a bad thing.. Just my opinion..

For his first 4years, he was a star. Infact i voted for his re-election. So far he is fast becoming a piece of shit.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Moukafoam(f): 10:22am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

I beg to disagree...

Amaechi dey try.. He sold two jets bought by Odili to get the new bombadier 5000 Global..

The jet belongs to the state, not Amaechi..

And its not like he isnt working in the state..

I see no big deal in this news jor..

[s]Tell me say you sef no wan fly inside this kind plane..[/s]

Sarcastic statement in the highest order wink
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Okijajuju1(m): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2012
Demdem:

Odili built it when Ameachi was the house speaker. he is still part of the rot. besides, before the collapse its only that bridge that had sizeable potholes in the whole federation (IMO). What did Ameachi do during these time? Why wait for the imminent collapse before doing something? He prefers to use that money to buy jet for his safety than repairing a bridge that was a nuisance to public safety. Thank God no life was lost when it collaspe, it would have been a different story entirely by now.

Dont forget that he was already working on the road leading up to that bridge starting from the boundary of Rivers State with Owerri, through Elele Alimini down to Airforce..

He met the 'Odili Bridge' at Eliozu uncompleted and tried to expand it from the one lane it was planned for to two lanes.. He only managed a two lane tight squeeze bridge there.

Now that Airforce flyover collapsing was a blessing. They had been patching that bridge for yonkers. and while you are blaming the non patching of the bridge, dont forget that the struct is what collapsed not the 'tarred portion'.. That Flyover needs to be taken down entirely and redone. First adjusted from the 1 lane it presently is to a wide dual carriage bridge..

Indeed Thank God no life was lost..

However, I dont think that this Aircraft is such a terrible investment.. It can be leased to a company to manage.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Reference(m): 10:24am On Oct 30, 2012
ihebrooke: Bought for safety. Hmmh?

Please someone should explain to me. Safe from what?
Road hazards?, air hazards?, sea hazards? Or enemies hazards?
Our leaders and the silly excuses they use in justifying corruption and their selfish decisions.

Don't mind him. So when he leaves office he returns to danger. These people are so thoughtless. Never circumspect. That's why they have to grow from one level of crime to the next and yet they wonder why people dislike them so much. Just making governance difficult for themselves.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Okijajuju1(m): 10:25am On Oct 30, 2012
Demdem:

For his first 4years, he was a star. Infact i voted for his re-election. So far he is fast becoming a piece of shit.

Why is everyone saying this?!

I really dont think he has slowed down at all o!!

Infact, i think the second tenure is all about consolidating the projects started during the first.. Every trip I make to the airport, all I see is progress.. That road expansion is something I pray can be achieved before he leaves.. That and the Monorail..
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by bowee4u: 10:28am On Oct 30, 2012
What an extravagant and senseless gov
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by chrisxxx(m): 10:35am On Oct 30, 2012
Please dont blame my governor. The roads are very bad; virtually impassable to pedestrians let alone cars. Remember there is also paucity of funds to get this roads constructed. Soonest ,remember also, there will be wild rush to Abuja for the next political dispensation a private jet will make movement faster.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Moukafoam(f): 10:38am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

WHY?!

undecided

I was opprtuned to meet a former mayor( an elderly ♏ãn in his 80s) of one of the American state in Chevron last year December through my elder bro who works with Chevron, Lekki. I was asking him about America that i will like to relocate to his country one ƉăŸ. He asked ♍e why will i want to leave a country with untaped natural aŋԂ human resources to a place already saturated? That was when I heard from him that if Nigeria where to be in Europe; she will be one of the richest that it's time we begin to hold our leaders accountable for missusing public funds. You need to see τhis papa talking passionately as if Nigeria is his country cheesy

Why do we celebrate corruption he ask? I told him corruption is everywhere even in US. He said Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ but you do it at your risk because once you are caught that will be it. He said corruption is suppose to be dealt with like murder case aŋԂ nothing less.

Most of our leaders(politicians or religious leaders) have all gotten it wrong. They dont [size=15pt] NEED[/size] private Jet. They are just showing off what they have or have stollen angry

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Soundmind(m): 10:38am On Oct 30, 2012
Pls, how much have he given to flood victims
What happen to the monorail project?
Amechi, we dey see o
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Demdem(m): 10:39am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

Dont forget that he was already working on the road leading up to that bridge starting from the boundary of Rivers State with Owerri, through Elele Alimini down to Airforce..

he started from Rupokwu junction that goes straight to Airforce enroute Eliozu.

He met the 'Odili Bridge' at Eliozu uncompleted and tried to expand it from the one lane it was planned for to two lanes.. He only managed a two lane tight squeeze bridge there.

Correct

Now that Airforce flyover collapsing was a blessing. They had been patching that bridge for yonkers. and while you are blaming the non patching of the bridge, dont forget that the struct is what collapsed not the 'tarred portion'.. That Flyover needs to be taken down entirely and redone. First adjusted from the 1 lane it presently is to a wide dual carriage bridge..

Indeed Thank God no life was lost..

On this i disagree. I dont think its a blessing. That bridge was destined to collapse and we all knew it was a matter of time. While wait for this eventuality. yes he did (re-construct) adjacent roads to these bridge but this bridge in question was much more dangerous than the roads he was re-constructing. One would have thought this bridge would take much more priority instead of the constant patching he kept doing. Odili built the evil bridge but it will be on record that it collapse when Amaechi was on seat. That to me is not a good report and a dent to his admin. This was preventable

However, I dont think that this Aircraft is such a terrible investment.. It can be leased to a company to manage.

The other crafts that were purchased and later sold for penauts, which company except the RSGV was managing it? why are u now certain that it will be given to them this time around?
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Demdem(m): 10:43am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

Why is everyone saying this?!

I really dont think he has slowed down at all o!!

Infact, i think the second tenure is all about consolidating the projects started during the first.. Every trip I make to the airport, all I see is progress.. That road expansion is something I pray can be achieved before he leaves.. That and the Monorail..

everyone is saying this because the intensity has obviously slowed down when compared to his first tenure. that's a fact.
if u are referring to the road that leads to omagwa airport, that has since been done since his first tenure. Why should we continue to talk about it when Rivers income hasnt seized since then. Even the Eliozu Axis we all are referring to has since been paid for.
What new projects is he embarking on now with new funds coming in. that should be of outmost concern to us now and not dwelling more on past projects we have since appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Kirinwa: 10:46am On Oct 30, 2012
The acquisition passed through Democratic process.Let him be.Moreover the man is working.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by ghettodreamz(m): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2012
Bunch of thieves and looters in sheeps clothing. My heart bleeds for the future of a nation called NIGERIA
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Demdem(m): 10:50am On Oct 30, 2012
Kirinwa: The acquisition passed through Democratic process.Let him be.Moreover the man is working.

Likewise his stupendous pension and allowance scheme for past governors of the state like Odili went through the same process. Was a gun placed on his head before he signed it? Abegii leave tori, for Rivers politics, Amaechi na Alpha and Omega.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Okijajuju1(m): 10:54am On Oct 30, 2012
Demdem:

everyone is saying this because the intensity has obviously slowed down when compared to his first tenure. that's a fact.
if u are referring to the road that leads to omagwa airport, that has since been done since his first tenure. Why should we continue to talk about it when Rivers income hasnt seized since then. Even the Eliozu Axis we all are referring to has since been paid for.
What new projects is he embarking on now with new funds coming in. that should be of outmost concern to us now and not dwelling more on past projects we have since appreciated.

I dont think that these projects were paid lumpsum o!!

I believe that Amaechis methodology for paying contractors in Rivers State was by milestones.. The Monorail, the Roads within the Airport axis of greater Port harcourt, the Rivers State Electricity Project (which by the way is very actively going on), the School Projects and alot more..

Sorry, but I beg to differ that this government is wasteful..

On the issue of the bridge.. I think we can all simply sit back and watch him redo that death trap..

Now I will search for the pictures of the Woji/Slaughter bridge that I took from Inside the Zoo.. MY BROTHER>>> That Bridge will soon collapse.. The sturcture from beneath looks scary to behold..
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Mekanze: 11:04am On Oct 30, 2012
my prayer 4 him is to learn from taraba state governor experience.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Demdem(m): 11:06am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

I dont think that these projects were paid lumpsum o!!

I believe that Amaechis methodology for paying contractors in Rivers State was by milestones.. The Monorail, the Roads within the Airport axis of greater Port harcourt, the Rivers State Electricity Project (which by the way is very actively going on), the School Projects and alot more..

Sorry, but I beg to differ that this government is wasteful..

Never referred to Monorail, schools and what u mentioned above but just critical about this bridge in question and adjacent roads. yes i dont think he pays lump sum for projects but at least when one sees a project from afar , one should be able to tell if job is almost done or not. Rivers has the money, this i am sure of but when one compares the so called works to the income coming in, one begins to wonder if we arent being shortchanged. Am still watching though. However for his second term, av not been impressed so far.

On the issue of the bridge.. I think we can all simply sit back and watch him redo that death trap..

Now I will search for the pictures of the Woji/Slaughter bridge that I took from Inside the Zoo.. MY BROTHER>>> That Bridge will soon collapse.. The sturcture from beneath looks scary to behold..

i expect him to be proactive about this. We may not be lucky this time around if it collapse. That place is busier than airforce bridge. Lives are at stake.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by chamber2(m): 11:09am On Oct 30, 2012
This Okija Juju will never fail to disgrace himself! Imagine a sensible human, living in a third world country where access to BASIC things of life is non-existent, approving such frivolous spending by a mere governor of a state, just because to him Amaechi is ''trying''. He is trying because he constructed roads, built bridges and shared money to his fellow political thieves! This is the height of mediocrity.

This same Okija Juju will be quick to condemn Gov. Rochas Okorocha who built a new University, offered free education, free feeding for school pupils, constructed new roads, offered free medical facilities etc just within one year in office.

So, Amaechi wants to turn bird while the people of Rivers state live on flood? This is irresponsibility of the highest order! Spending $45.7 million to acquire an aircraft built in another man's country, through deep commitment of funds to research and development by their leaders. If the leaders of Canada had squandered the wealth of their country on frivolities would the likes of Amaechi had seen ''birds'' to fly on?

Nigeria will remain like this if we keep celebrating mediocrity!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Okijajuju1(m): 11:11am On Oct 30, 2012
Mekanze: my prayer 4 him is to learn from taraba state governor experience.

Taraba State Governor was flying a Cessana 208..

Compare that with a Bombadier Global 5000

If I become governor tomorrow, I will upgrade it to a Gulfstream IV

[img]http://1.bp..com/_0Zk1HimzjyQ/TUAU-ZDIS5I/AAAAAAAAAEg/xMYckyiqB2M/s1600/g650_aerial02_1024x768.jpg[/img]

or a Bombardier Global 7000

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Rooneyboy(m): 11:17am On Oct 30, 2012
ALLLLL our politicians are full of sh..it , that's all I can say

Shame on all of them .
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by duality(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2012
Most of the comments here are hypocritical.

Even if the governor fly commercial with them, they'll still not be pleased. they'll say he should use a car as other Nigerians do. IF he uses a car, they'll say the car is too expensive he should use a made in Nigeria car. If he uses a made in Nigeria car, they'll not be satisfied. the'll say the governor should use public transport or walk on foot. what a crazy set of people. And when its convenient they'll bring up the "suffering masses" card as if they really care for the "suffering masses"

If most of the self righteous Niralanders really care, Nigeria will not need the government to prosper. Its a shame Nigerians don't know their problem. They think its the government but its not the government; its Nigerians.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by ijigbamigb(m): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2012
This is priority mis-placement and misappropriation at the highest level.
This governor is just not different from a common thief caught in a market. Fine, he got it for the state govt and not just his personal use but this is a state that is still not totally developed. 7 billion naira can create more than 30,000 jobs for the uneducated and skilled youths roaming the streets. Just a micro-finance loan of 100,000 naira each can serve as a catalyst for SMEs. A carpenter with a loan of 100,000 can afford to get a shop and tools to get self-employed. A fashion designer can start from somewhere. A glass cutter can get tools to start working. A laundry business can get started. Well, our leaders have proved that truly, they are disconnected from us. They have no clue about our pains.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by MrGlobe(m): 11:23am On Oct 30, 2012
THE PORTHARCOURT MONORAIL IS THE BIGGEST ELEPHANT PROJECT SINCE THE HISTORY OF MAN!! IT SILL BE COMPLETED IN THE YEAR .2100.
I DONT BLAME AMAECHI, EVERY DIVERS MAN EATS DIRECTLY FROM RIVERS STATE GOVT PURSE, THEY ARE ALL LAZY, THATS WHY NOBODY IS TALKING. IF YOU TALK, YOU ARE CUT OFF. EVERY GOVERNOR THERE IS AN EMPEROR.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by MrGlobe(m): 11:23am On Oct 30, 2012
THE PORTHARCOURT MONORAIL IS THE BIGGEST ELEPHANT PROJECT SINCE THE HISTORY OF MAN!! IT WILL BE COMPLETED IN THE YEAR .2100.
I DONT BLAME AMAECHI, EVERY RIVERS MAN EATS DIRECTLY FROM RIVERS STATE GOVT PURSE, THEY ARE ALL LAZY, THATS WHY NOBODY IS TALKING. IF YOU TALK, YOU ARE CUT OFF. EVERY GOVERNOR THERE IS AN EMPEROR.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Okijajuju1(m): 11:25am On Oct 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:
THE PORTHARCOURT MONORAIL IS THE BIGGEST ELEPHANT PROJECT SINCE THE HISTORY OF MAN!! IT SILL BE COMPLETED IN THE YEAR .2100.
I DONT BLAME AMAECHI, EVERY DIVERS MAN EATS DIRECTLY FROM RIVERS STATE GOVT PURSE, THEY ARE ALL LAZY, THATS WHY NOBODY IS TALKING. IF YOU TALK, YOU ARE CUT OFF. EVERY GOVERNOR THERE IS AN EMPEROR.

You shall eat your words on this Monorail..

I am certain that if he manages to complete this axis, the next governor that comes in would want to take it atleast as far a artillery..
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by MrGlobe(m): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2012
duality: Most of the comments here are hypocritical.

Even if the governor fly commercial with them, they'll still not be pleased. they'll say he should use a car as other Nigerians do. IF he uses a car, they'll say the car is too expensive he should use a made in Nigeria car. If he uses a made in Nigeria car, they'll not be satisfied. the'll say the governor should use public transport or walk on foot. what a crazy set of people. And when its convenient they'll bring up the "suffering masses" card as if they really care for the "suffering masses"

If most of the self righteous Niralanders really care, Nigeria will not need the government to prosper. Its a shame Nigerians don't know their problem. They think its the government but its not the government; its Nigerians.
you are talking brainlessly, you can never justify a governor from a third world country owning and maintaining a private jet, when there is so much poverty in rivers state, people still live in bamboo, plank and zinc houses inside portharcourt main town.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by naso101: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2012
This is Rubbish.....Nigeria Govt re rubbish...GEJ said in january govt official travelling will be cut down but it was after than all this governors re buying jet....Or is the jet not met for international travelling or is it free of charge where they pack the plane?that is another expenses and how many time re they travelling with plane.....Stupid people....My people never expect anything good from this bastards...
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by MrGlobe(m): 11:31am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

You shall eat your words on this Monorail..

I am certain that if he manages to complete this axis, the next governor that comes in would want to take it atleast as far a artillery..
lol, if you believe that mono rail scam, you can believe anything.
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by Okijajuju1(m): 11:31am On Oct 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lol, if you believe that mono rail scam, you can believe anything.

We shall see...
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by dabrake(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2012
very good Gov. that's a good step in the right trajectory. with this, we are 98% sure the flood won't overtake you as you can easily relocate 50000ft above sea level
Re: Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety by duality(m): 11:44am On Oct 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:

you are talking brainlessly, you can never justify a governor from a third world country owning and maintaining a private jet, when there is so much poverty in rivers state, people still live in bamboo, plank and zinc houses inside portharcourt main town.

No, I think you are the one talking brainlessly.

Do you have a car? what kind of car do you have? do you really need the car? don't you think the cost of purchasing the car and that of maintenance could be used for other benefit? why should you own a car when members of you family still have needs to be met. aren't you your brothers keeper? dont you think the luxury of owning a car could be irritating to other members of your extended family? answer these questions and tell me if you are not hypocritical.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Udom Emmanuel At The 2018 International Students Day Celebration (Photos) / Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku / Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.