Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure (36906 Views)

Gospel Singer Sinach Is PREGNANT! (Photos) / 'Abuja Pastor Sent Prostitute To My Hotel Room' Says Gospel Singer / Romance With Female Gospel Singer, Sinach Crashed Oyakhilome’s Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by omicron(m): 11:06am On Oct 28, 2012
RIP!
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by gudmind: 11:39am On Oct 28, 2012
OMG !! May ur gentle soul RIP Patty Obasi .
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nightshift(m): 11:50am On Oct 28, 2012
Patty Obasi's songs were often requested for on Sunday mornings during the famous pan-Igbo programme 'Ozi Ekene' with Linda Menakaya on Radio Nigeria Enugu. He prepared the path Okwey(ihe emebiwo),Obi Igwe and Chika Okpara later followed. May Patty's soul rest in peace!
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Donkonyon: 12:16pm On Oct 28, 2012
May his soul rest in peace, I remember today then in 1999 or 2000 as a student in ABSU d man came for one christain programme nd did wonders with his guilter nd voice, it was really wonderful, may his soul rip.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by juman(m): 12:22pm On Oct 28, 2012
People should be checking their blood pressure regularly.

Condolence to the family and fans.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by cbjonstage(m): 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2012
Unfortunately we are still backward when it comes to scientific /medical knowledge. where are those fresh dead bodies as a result of bomb...or untimely death of criminals in our land ? their organs ought to have removed to save the lives of models, heros, stars, God-gifted persons living in our time...
R.I.P Patto, your tapes are source of inspiration to me and those around me cry

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by hbrednic: 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
Lord have mercy,Pati obasi is gone?
RIP bros.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by ayobase(m): 1:41pm On Oct 28, 2012
Rooneyboy:

Point of correction pls.

A "HE" and not she .

Dont blame him!
He didnt take his time to read through the content, just like sexkillz did yesterday, but its one thing to show unambiguous concern!
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by freecocoa(f): 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
Gboliwe:
So young? I saw Patty Obasi for the first and now last in February last year. He was pretty old. Why are his children that young?
He doesn't have 2 wives by my understanding, he married the first one and didn't have children with her, his first marriage was a very traumatic one as he even narrated in one of his songs, the woman was sent from the dark kingdom to torment his life according to the story, it was not a small matter but he was eventually saved by God and he picked up his life and moved on, till he met and married his now wife, his song Ezi nwanyi di uko was dedicated to her.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by ogokam: 2:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
WOAW!!! PATTY OBASI DEAD?!!!!! ITS SO UNFORTUNATE. HE WAS IN A CLASS OF HIS OWN AND HIS SONGS WILL REMAIN EVERGREEN. I WAS AT THE COMBINED SERVICE OF HOUSE ON THE ROCK TODAY, WHERE CHAZ B OF INSPIRATION FM TESTIFIED ABOUT HOW GOD USED MTN TO OFFSET HIS N20MILLION HOSPITAL BILL FOR HE WENT FOR A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT IN INDIA AFTER HIS KIDNEYS PACKED UP. TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOR THE TESTIMONY AND FOR MTN BUT A TREASURE LIKE PATTY OBASI? ENUGU STATE GOVERNMENT IS VERY CAPABLE OF PAYING THE BILLS. N10MILLION IS LIKE TISSUE PAPER MONEY FOR MANY POLITICIANS IN NAIJA. I NEVER HEARD THAT HE EVER SOLICITED FOR FUNDS. MAY HE REST IN PEACE. AMEN!!!!

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by buchibabe: 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
RIP Sir

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Igwe9(m): 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2012
Rest in peace patty,

Can't describe how sweet your songs sound in my car any time I'm on a long distance journey with a car. I wish somebody had brought the attention of your sickness to the people on here.

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Zet72(m): 5:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
what a great lost, may his humble soul rest in the bosom of the LORD. I will miss him,
one of his track says, (onye kwereekwe anwuhi anwu onwugodi mgbe onuru opike ogaebinite) so there is hope for him, once again rest in the bosom of the Lord evangelists obasi.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by mimi13: 6:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
freecocoa: Ah no no, not my patty please.
Chei this one pain me.
*crying while singing*

Onye kwere ekwe anwugi anwu o
Ohiga ura mgbe onuru opi ike oga ebilite
Oga ebili na enweghi ure obula
Onye ekwere ekwe anwughi anwu.
Ma ogbabiru nwuo ma oriariara nwuo
O doro anya na onye kwere nwere olile anya ila ni igwe
Jesus nke noo ni ime'm ya bu olile anya
Olile anya mbilite na onwu na ebube
Hicha anya mmiri onwu abughi ogwugwu
Mkpuru oka na ereghi ure adighi efulite
Onwu bu ihe ona mee
Onye kere ndu ya kere onwu
Onye si na obu ya kariri onwu?
Oburu go di onye tara amosu oga nwuriri
Onyiri onwu adighi na uwa
Ma onye kwere ekwe nwere olile anya.
Well may his soul rest in perfect peace and his loved once take solace in the song above, he said it all there.

Gosh, this song brings back memories with so much tears cos it was played at my Dad's lying-in-state over 10yrs ago.
I love his songs so so much, am shocked by this news...i never heard he was sick!

Anyi ekwerewo n'oge Chukwu
anyi gbacha nikanika, uche Chukwu g'eme
onye n'eri awo nya rikwa nke Chi goziri agozi,
rikwa nke Chi nyere, rikwa nke Chi kwuru!

Dika nwa ele n'acho mmiri,
k'obim n'acho gi Onyewem,
Nani gi ka obim na achó,
achoro m ikpere gi.

Kai, je nkeoma nnwanne mmadu, ka Chukwu nara ma nabata mkpuru obi gi na ndokwa... Amen!

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by johnkenty(m): 7:35pm On Oct 28, 2012
As a kid growing up in Owerri many years bac, I started hearing your songs. They were really so deep in meaning, I still have some of your album cds and often listen to them. I wld miss you so much nd so wld everyone that has had the opportunity of hearing your soul touching messages. Rest In Peace Rev. Patty Obassey(The Sower)!

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by CzarChris(m): 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
mimi13:

Gosh, this song brings back memories with so much tears cos it was played at my Dad's lying-in-state over 10yrs ago.
I love his songs so so much, am shocked by this news...i never heard he was sick!

Anyi ekwerewo n'oge Chukwu
anyi gbacha nikanika, uche Chukwu g'eme
onye n'eri awo nya rikwa nke Chi goziri agozi,
rikwa nke Chi nyere, rikwa nke Chi kwuru!

Dika nwa ele n'acho mmiri,
k'obim n'acho gi Onyewem,
Nani gi ka obim na achó,
achoro m ikpere gi.

Kai, je nkeoma nnwanne mmadu, ka Chukwu nara ma nabata mkpuru obi gi na ndokwa... Amen!
This lyrics brought tears to my eyes. Chei. A great iroko has fallen
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Rooneyboy(m): 12:49am On Oct 29, 2012
ayobase:

Dont blame him!
He didnt take his time to read through the content, just like sexkillz did yesterday, but its one thing to show unambiguous concern!

before quoting me didn't u see those I quoted , seun and co?

Its them that didn't read the article not me,
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by kenono(m): 1:58am On Oct 29, 2012
"The winner gets it all, na ulo uka ka okazi njo, when the winner gets it all it makes the looser stand so small."

You directly touched my life , great songs of reflection, the foundation of my youthful morality. I love him so much, such a pity I haven't made it yet.

REST in PEACE sir!!!!! You are truly a GENERAL, GOD's GENERAL
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by ayobase(m): 6:56am On Oct 29, 2012
Rooneyboy:

before quoting me didn't u see those I quoted , seun and co?

Its them that didn't read the article not me,

Common!
Dont tell me u didnt understand my post.
It wasnt about u!
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by amaechijay: 10:19am On Oct 29, 2012
So so sad! Never heard he was ill. His albums were so popular in those days and he says nothing but the truth.

It's a pity he got no help.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by oscarbongo: 10:09am On Oct 01, 2014
mr patty, true you are blessing to the world of evangelism, MAY GOD IN HIS INFINITE MERCIES, I KNOW YOU ARE IN HIS BLOSSOM, REST IN PEACE BROTHER. AMEN your songs are inspiration to me
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Splashy007(m): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2016
patostation:
My heart goes out to his family (his first wife and his second wife and her children). It suprises me that after releasing many popular albums, Patty still died poor thanks greedy record marketers. Adieu my namesake!
so he married two wives? Or was d first wife dead?
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Ayobami4u: 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2017
How re the mighty fallen and weapon of war perish. Rest in peace sir. It's unfortunate that good people don't last in life.
just as my elder brother the only brother I have who was a pastor in redeem too died August 2011.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by GGirll: 9:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
Rest on in the Bossom of the Lord. I miss you so much sir even though I never met you but met your wife once in Enugu Airport when I was working there. You have always blessed my soul with your songs especially Onaputa wom Nala apiti. God please rest your soul. I also lost my Dad in a similar manner but He's now in a better place. God help me and others especially my siblings and mum to make Heaven at d end of our sojourn on earth in Jesus Name Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Money The Root Of All Evil? / Pastor Samuel Akinbodunse: "Buhari Will Die Before 2019 Elections" / Demonic Convenant Associate With Attachment And Weavon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.