Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (116986 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 10:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
You are saying one thing-and then saying another?
Catholic's believe building images-statues, it helps the public to see Mary exist, am I right.
Did you know-bowing down, or kissing the feet of one of these statues, believing they are watching over you-means you are doing, what God had commanded you not to do.
And you can't deny the fact Catholic's do bow down and nod their heads at these statues while entering the Church, you even do it at home, I have been in many religious countries around the world, and every house I had walked into carry statues of Mary-and baby Jesus, or Jesus still on the cross, Just like the Church.
I believe you also have statues at home-that you believe is watching over you.
Dahustler007:

Bro. Don't get me wrong, hope you read the part of my post that says we don't worship Idols, we worship the person of GOD the statue or picture we're bowing to portrays... But since you keep insisting it's idols we worship fine, got nothing to say no more.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2017
Do you tithe?
gabe:
lol, they are so hard to convert to tithe paying, seed sowing christians abi?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
News is flying in all directions about the Pope-he believes just by works doing good-can take someone to heaven, he believes we don't have to be a believer to go into heaven-he also believes Jesus is a sinner and a lie, he also claims having a relationship with Jesus is very dangerous and harmful-Pope Francis also say's who am I to judge a homosexual, he also believes you don't need Jesus to go into heaven.
Question do you believe in the bible-that everything the bible has to offer is true and correct, then ask yourselves, what does the bible say?
The problem is, Pope Francis is deceiving the world-and everything in it-everything you have been taught-everything you have studied, and the hardship you had gone through for just believing Jesus exist-one Pope comes into power-just to take everything you have learnt and hoped for, and all you do is allow one man who calls himself god on earth-take everything you had learnt and believed from you.
Don't believe me, read the bibles-it holds all truth-and the truth will set you free. {John 8:32}

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:07am On Aug 13, 2017
I am just listening to one of the Pope's messages-The Pope reflected on the Sunday reading on the gospel of Luke, in which a young Jesus stayed in Jerusalem in the temple, causing great distress to Mary and Joseph when they could not find Him.
'For this little escapade {Jesus would have begged forgiveness of His parents} the Pope suggested.
"The Pope also said: the gospel doesn't say this, but I guess we can consume it?
Talk about a wild guess, but if the Pope believes it-so do you Catholic's.
The pope said: that Mary's question to Jesus "why have you treated us like this? Pope Francis believes it contains a certain approach, revealing the concern and anguish which she and Joseph felt.
Pope Francis have a completely different view who Jesus is-As we all know, to ask forgiveness-means we have committed a sin.
{1 John 3:5}You know that He appeared in order to take away sins, and in Him there is No Sin.
{Luke 2:48-49} Jesus didn't do anything wrong-He was doing His Fathers business.
It was Mary and Joseph who didn't understand, it took them both 3 day's to even realize Jesus was missing-{maybe Mary and Joseph were to busy with friends and family} so if anyone who needed to repent, then it would be Mary and Joseph repenting! So Pope Francis can say as much as he desires, because, he has you, and everybody that would accept his maybe's.
This is called twisting the bible verse around to suit man kind, we can see, not even the Pope believes in the true gospel of Christ.
On Oct 19th 2015 the Pope said:the bible is a highly dangerous book, and Oct 2 Charisma News say's Pope Francis said: Jesus's life was a failure, while attending St Patrick Church in New York city.
Pope Francis wants all religions to join together, and those who believe in the bible-are called terrorist.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:30am On Aug 13, 2017
Dahustler007:

Bro. Don't get me wrong, hope you read the part of my post that says we don't worship Idols, we worship the person of GOD the statue or picture we're bowing to portrays... But since you keep insisting it's idols we worship fine, got nothing to say no more.

u r blind, God said not to make images of anything on earth or in heaven, and rcc make images of people on earth, people in heaven,
and rc's also pray before them, all u have is lying excuses:
(Exo 20:4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
(Exo 20:5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:43am On Aug 13, 2017
Dahustler007:

Like you said Rosaries, Praying to Mary, Praying to Saints to meditate before GOD on Our Behalf aren't in the Bible true talk, Our Mother Mary appeared to many Saints and places telling them about the benefits of praying the Rosary which I stated in my Post. She also appeared in Nigeria too sure you heard that.

Jesus Christ revealed himself to Saint. Maria Faustina, which he told her about his Great Mercy and his forever Ready to pour out his Mercy on those who are truly sorry for their sins. Catholics do have the 3'O Clock prayer of Divine mercy asking GOD to forgive our sins and that of the whole world.

satan can appear in disguise, it's to keep u roman catholics fooled,
it works:

2Co 11:14  And no wonder, even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

2Co 11:3  However, I'm afraid that as the snake deceived Eve by its tricks, so your minds may somehow be lured away from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 

2Co 2:11  I don't want Satan to outwit us. After all, we are not ignorant about Satan's scheming

satan fooled eve, and has been fooling people ever since

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 1:00am On Aug 13, 2017
johnw74:

Catholicism teaches purgatory.

The Trentine Creed, of Pius IV, A.D. 1564 – “I constantly hold that there is a Purgatory, and that the souls therein detained are helped by the suffrages of the faithful.”

CCC 1031 – “The tradition of the Church, by reference to certain texts of Scripture, speaks of a cleansing fire: As for certain lesser faults, we must believe that, before the Final Judgment, there is a purifying fire.”

Purgatory is a place of temporary punishment that believers go to for the cleansing of sin. It is basically an extremely painful purifying fire before Heaven. Some teach that you have to spend 1000 years in purgatory. Is that biblical? This is heresy and it angers me!

This is a seriously wicked doctrine that denies the sufficiency of the atonement. Romans 8 says, “there is no condemnation for those in Christ.” 1 John 1:7 says, “the blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin.” Are these passages false? If you believe in purgatory that means that you are saying that Jesus Christ is not enough to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We need something else.

If you say that we need something extra you are not Christian. The Catholic Church teaches that you can do works to shorten your time in purgatory. You can do penance for sins already forgiven and you can even do good works for others who are in purgatory.

This is blasphemy. Jesus paid our debt in full and to say otherwise is of the devil. Some Catholics teach that you can buy your way out of purgatory with money. A Catholic author even raised two million dollars to get souls out of purgatory.

Some Catholics are going to bring up 1 Corinthians 3:15 as proof text for purgatory which says, “if anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.” Once again one passage is not going to contradict the entire Bible.

1 Corinthians 3:15 is clearly not referring to purgatory when we read it in context. 1 Cor. 3:12-15 is talking about a believers works being judged. Notice it does not say a believer will be passed through the fire.

Paul says that it is the work that is being tested here. So what is 1 Corinthians 3:15 really talking about? It has nothing to do with salvation. It is talking about the Judgment Seat of Christ. It’s talking about rewards in Heaven. Good works will survive the fire. False works will be consumed. 2 Corinthians 5 tells us what is to come for believers. 2 Corinthians 5:6–8 “So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.“

11. John 5:24 I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

12. John 19:30 Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.

Penance / Confession to the priest

CCC 980 – “It is through the sacrament of Penance that the baptized can be reconciled with God and with the Church: Penance has rightly been called by the holy Fathers “a laborious kind of baptism.” This sacrament of Penance is necessary for salvation for those who have fallen after Baptism, just as Baptism is necessary for salvation for those who have not yet been reborn.”

CCC 1446 – “Christ instituted the sacrament of Penance for all sinful members of his Church: above all for those who, since Baptism, have fallen into grave sin, and have thus lost their baptismal grace and wounded ecclesial communion. It is to them that the sacrament of Penance offers a new possibility to convert and to recover the grace of justification. The Fathers of the Church present this sacrament as “the second plank [of salvation] after the shipwreck which is the loss of grace.”

Many Catholics run to James 5:16 which says to confess your sins to each other. Where does James 5:16 refer to the forgiveness of sins? Where does it say to confess your sins to priests? It doesn’t! It tells us to confess our faults to others. To say anything else is adding to the text.

To teach that the RCC has had the apostles’ authority to forgive sins many Catholics jump to John 20:23, “If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.” The problem is that their interpretation is faulty. Nowhere does it mention confession of sin. Was Jesus lying when He said only God can forgive sins?

If man could forgive sins, then how is Christ the only way and why did Jesus die? We are saved by faith in Christ. Where in the New Testament did the apostles forgive anyone’s sins or act like they could forgive sins? What Jesus was teaching in this passage was that the apostles could declare that those who genuinely repent and believe the Good News will have their sins forgiven by God. Those who do not repent and believe the Good News will not be forgiven and are already condemned.

If Jesus forgives you for all of your sins, then why confess your sins to priests? Nowhere are we told to confess our sins to priests. Nowhere do we see that people are confessing their sins to priests in Scripture. We are told in Hebrews 4 to approach God’s throne with confidence. 1 John 1:9 teaches us to confess our sins to God.

Penance teaches that for all sins committed after baptism you have to confess your sins to a priest and then perform a bunch of works for the removal of sins. This is heresy and this false teaching is bringing people to Hell. This is clearly a works-based doctrine. You have to do something. You have to perform these works to be in right standing with God.

What does the Bible say? Hebrews 9:14 “How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?“

13. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

14. 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Babacele: 1:45am On Aug 13, 2017
johnw74:

u r blind, God said not to make images of anything on earth or in heaven, and rcc make images of people on earth, people in heaven,
(Exo 20:4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
(Exo 20:5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

until you explain this :

Numbers 21. 7-9
The people came to
Moses and said,
“We sinned when
we spoke against
the LORD and
against you. Pray
that the LORD will
take the snakes
away from us.” So
Moses prayed for
the people.
8 The LORD said to
Moses, “Make a
snake and put it up
on a pole; anyone
who is bitten can
look at it and live.”
9 So Moses made a
bronze snake and
put it up on a pole.
Then when anyone
was bitten by a
snake and looked at
the bronze snake,
they lived.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Babacele: 2:25am On Aug 13, 2017
You can attack the purgatory all you want but explain to me from where did Jesus raise Lazarus after being dead for 4 days since after death ,it is judgement?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 7:18am On Aug 13, 2017
Babacele:
until you explain this :

Numbers 21. 7-9
The people came to
Moses and said,
“We sinned when
we spoke against
the LORD and
against you. Pray
that the LORD will
take the snakes
away from us.” So
Moses prayed for
the people.
8 The LORD said to
Moses, “Make a
snake and put it up
on a pole; anyone
who is bitten can
look at it and live.”
9 So Moses made a
bronze snake and
put it up on a pole.
Then when anyone
was bitten by a
snake and looked at
the bronze snake,
they lived.

i have already told u but of course u have been blinded:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

God told moses to make a snake and put it on a pole

God can tell us to do whatever He wants to, but u roman catholic God haters
wouldn't do what He said

God told u not to make images of anything, but u roman catholic God haters
make them and u pray before them

so what God told moses to do, u roman catholic God haters wouldn't do
and what God told u not to make, u roman catholic God haters do make:

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 7:25am On Aug 13, 2017
Babacele:
You can attack the purgatory all you want but explain to me from where did Jesus raise Lazarus after being dead for 4 days since after death ,it is judgement?

oh duh again, Jesus at first said lazaruth sleeps which means his body has died and his spirit has gone back to God
Jesus called lazareth to come forth, and lazareth spirit again returned to him from God and he rose back to life

Joh_11:11  These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

Ecc_12:7  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

lazarus was a believer and so his judgment will come after his resurrection on the last day
when he will receive his rewards-crowns, that is his judgment, no fiery purgatory for lazarus or anyone,
but hell and Lake Of Fire for many including roman catholic God haters of course

lazarus sister martha said to Jesus:
Joh_11:24  Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Joh_6:39  And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

believers get rewards after resurrection, that is their judgment
u didn't understand the post at all, but then,
u don't have God's Holy Spirit in you, u pray to people who have died to pray to God for u cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 7:41am On Aug 13, 2017
Most of all Satan has been fooling the Catholic's.
johnw74:

it works:

2Co 11:3  However, I'm afraid that as the snake deceived Eve by its tricks, so your minds may somehow be lured away from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 

2Co 2:11  I don't want Satan to outwit us. After all, we are not ignorant about Satan's scheming

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 7:45am On Aug 13, 2017
Since there is no purgatory-then Lazarus wasn't there.
Lazarus spirit was with the Lord-because he was a believer, His body was still in the tomb, if you had read the story-Jesus knew Lazarus was dying-Jesus came after he died-raising him, just to show the world-Jesus is the true living God.
Catholic's are all the same-when you can't find an argument-you make one up, there is no holding cell like Purgatory-between Heaven and Hell.
Babacele:

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 7:45am On Aug 13, 2017
roman catholic God haters, love their anti Bibical false doctrines of:

praying to mary and others who have died, and angels

worshipping mary by saying she is divinity

believing mary was free from sin nature

believing in a place called purgatory

calling priests father

salvation by faith plus works

praying before statues and paintings etc.

water baptism saves

priest-man forgives your sins

praying repetitive words and using rosary beads

not believing God's word, but believing evil men(rcc) who teach contary to God

believing that bread and wine during mass actually turns into the flesh and blood of Jesus

and on and on and on, far to many satanic beliefs to post here

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 7:53am On Aug 13, 2017
johnw74:

Penance / Confession to the priest

CCC 980 – “It is through the sacrament of Penance that the baptized can be reconciled with God and with the Church: Penance has rightly been called by the holy Fathers “a laborious kind of baptism.” This sacrament of Penance is necessary for salvation for those who have fallen after Baptism, just as Baptism is necessary for salvation for those who have not yet been reborn.”

CCC 1446 – “Christ instituted the sacrament of Penance for all sinful members of his Church: above all for those who, since Baptism, have fallen into grave sin, and have thus lost their baptismal grace and wounded ecclesial communion. It is to them that the sacrament of Penance offers a new possibility to convert and to recover the grace of justification. The Fathers of the Church present this sacrament as “the second plank [of salvation] after the shipwreck which is the loss of grace.”

Many Catholics run to James 5:16 which says to confess your sins to each other. Where does James 5:16 refer to the forgiveness of sins? Where does it say to confess your sins to priests? It doesn’t! It tells us to confess our faults to others. To say anything else is adding to the text.

To teach that the RCC has had the apostles’ authority to forgive sins many Catholics jump to John 20:23, “If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.” The problem is that their interpretation is faulty. Nowhere does it mention confession of sin. Was Jesus lying when He said only God can forgive sins?

If man could forgive sins, then how is Christ the only way and why did Jesus die? We are saved by faith in Christ. Where in the New Testament did the apostles forgive anyone’s sins or act like they could forgive sins? What Jesus was teaching in this passage was that the apostles could declare that those who genuinely repent and believe the Good News will have their sins forgiven by God. Those who do not repent and believe the Good News will not be forgiven and are already condemned.

If Jesus forgives you for all of your sins, then why confess your sins to priests? Nowhere are we told to confess our sins to priests. Nowhere do we see that people are confessing their sins to priests in Scripture. We are told in Hebrews 4 to approach God’s throne with confidence. 1 John 1:9 teaches us to confess our sins to God.

Penance teaches that for all sins committed after baptism you have to confess your sins to a priest and then perform a bunch of works for the removal of sins. This is heresy and this false teaching is bringing people to Hell. This is clearly a works-based doctrine. You have to do something. You have to perform these works to be in right standing with God.

What does the Bible say? Hebrews 9:14 “How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?“

13. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

14. 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

The world promotes Catholicism.

The world hates Christians. The world condemns Christians. When is the last time that you have seen a biblical Christian given a parade like he’s a god? Thousands gather to worship the pope. Currently, I am looking at images of people bowing down and kissing the pope’s ring.

When is the last time that you have seen a biblical Christian on Rolling Stone Magazine? You don’t! If the world loves you that is a bad sign. The pope is on Time and Rolling Stone Magazine. The media loves him.

The Bible says the unbelieving world will not accept a true man of God. Why is this ungodly world promoting Catholicism? The reason for this is that Satan is the god of the world and he loves false religions.

19. Luke 6:26 Woe to you, when all people speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:00am On Aug 13, 2017
Had you noticed the people ask the living, Moses to pray, they didn't ask their dead to pray.
Jesus said: when 2 or 3 are gathered together in His name, he is in the mist of them.
Babacele:
until you explain this :

Numbers 21. 7-9
The people came to
Moses and said,
“We sinned when
we spoke against
the LORD and
against you. Pray
that the LORD will
take the snakes
away from us.” So
Moses prayed for
the people.
8 The LORD said to
Moses, “Make a
snake and put it up
on a pole; anyone
who is bitten can
look at it and live.”
9 So Moses made a
bronze snake and
put it up on a pole.
Then when anyone
was bitten by a
snake and looked at
the bronze snake,
they lived.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Babacele: 8:22am On Aug 13, 2017
brocab:
Had you noticed the people ask the living, Moses to pray, they didn't ask their dead to pray.
Jesus said: when 2 or 3 are gathered together in His name, he is in the mist of them.
explain the verses and not what you think. Besides, didn't Christ tell us that He is God of the living? God of Abraham, Jacob and Isaac? Moses created a snake image for the people to look up to just as the son God has been lifted up for our salvation. The mystery is not for any one who lsnt ready.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Babacele: 8:32am On Aug 13, 2017
johnw74:

oh duh again, Jesus at first said lazaruth sleeps which means his body has died and his spirit has gone back to God
Jesus called lazareth to come forth, and lazareth spirit again returned to him from God and he rose back to life

Joh_11:11  These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

Ecc_12:7  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

lazarus was a believer and so his judgment will come after his resurrection on the last day
when he will receive his rewards-crowns, that is his judgment, no fiery purgatory for lazarus or anyone,
but hell and Lake Of Fire for many including roman catholic God haters of course

lazarus sister martha said to Jesus:
Joh_11:24  Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Joh_6:39  And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

believers get rewards after resurrection, that is their judgment
u didn't understand the post at all, but then,
u don't have God's Holy Spirit in you, u pray to people who have died to pray to God for u cheesy
why did Jesus weep if Lazarus was in heaven or with God ? isn't heaven the ultimate of all ? you don't understand this religion.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by orisa37: 8:33am On Aug 13, 2017
Please hold your Pease.
Mother Eve and Father Adam have since reincarnated into Mother Mary and Brother Jesus and Father Christ.
Evil Serpent shattered The Word in Eve and Adam.
But The Holy Spirit refashioned The Word in Mary and Jesus, The Second Adam.
As God gave the STAFF to Moses, the SCARF to Elias, so He supported Pet-Rosary in the hands of Mary to keep her concentrated in the Purpose of God and consecrated for The Holy Spirit.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by orisa37: 8:45am On Aug 13, 2017
I am a Protestant 'cos I want to learn more about God. Glory be to The Holy Spirit for He's my Instructor, Director and Discernment.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 10:04am On Aug 13, 2017
Babacele:
explain the verses and not what you think. Besides, didn't Christ tell us that He is God of the living? God of Abraham, Jacob and Isaac? Moses created a snake image for the people to look up to just as the son God has been lifted up for our salvation. The mystery is not for any one who lsnt ready.

talk about a confused one, but u say anything to run away from your doctrines
of mary, and posting Bible verses that support your false doctrines
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 10:09am On Aug 13, 2017
Babacele:
why did Jesus weep if Lazarus was in heaven or with God ? isn't heaven the ultimate of all ? you don't understand this religion.

u don't understand anything, and worse than that roman catholic u don't believe the Bible verses i posted
and u hate God, He said so and of course i unlike u believe Him:
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 10:17am On Aug 13, 2017
orisa37:
Please hold your Pease.
Mother Eve and Father Adam have since reincarnated into Mother Mary and Brother Jesus and Father Christ.
Evil Serpent shattered The Word in Eve and Adam.
But The Holy Spirit refashioned The Word in Mary and Jesus, The Second Adam.
As God gave the STAFF to Moses, the SCARF to Elias, so He supported Pet-Rosary in the hands of Mary to keep her concentrated in the Purpose of God and consecrated for The Holy Spirit.

orisa37:
I am a Protestant 'cos I want to learn more about God.
Glory be to The Holy Spirit for He's my Instructor, Director and Discernment.

if u talk like a roman catholic
if you reason like a roman catholic
if u r confused like a roman catholic etc. etc.

then u r a Bible hating-God hating roman catholic.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 10:17am On Aug 13, 2017
johnw74:

The world promotes Catholicism.

The world hates Christians. The world condemns Christians. When is the last time that you have seen a biblical Christian given a parade like he’s a god? Thousands gather to worship the pope. Currently, I am looking at images of people bowing down and kissing the pope’s ring.

When is the last time that you have seen a biblical Christian on Rolling Stone Magazine? You don’t! If the world loves you that is a bad sign. The pope is on Time and Rolling Stone Magazine. The media loves him.

The Bible says the unbelieving world will not accept a true man of God. Why is this ungodly world promoting Catholicism? The reason for this is that Satan is the god of the world and he loves false religions.

19. Luke 6:26 Woe to you, when all people speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets.

Holy Eucharist / Catholic Mass / Transubstantiation

Pope Pius XI, Encyclical on the Priesthood – “The priest is indeed another Christ, or in some way he is himself a continuation of Christ.”

The Lone Star Catholic, March 1, 1959 – “The priest is not just the cross, he is Christ Himself.”

CCC 1366 – “The Eucharist is thus a sacrifice because it re-presents (makes present) the sacrifice of the cross, because it is its memorial and because it applies its fruit.”

CCC – 1068 “For it is in the liturgy, especially in the divine sacrifice of the Eucharist, that “the work of our redemption is accomplished,” and it is through the liturgy especially that the faithful are enabled to express in their lives and manifest to others the mystery of Christ and the real nature of the true Church.”

The Faith of Millions, John O’Brien (priest) – “When the priest pronounces the tremendous words of consecration, he reaches up into the heavens, brings Christ down from His throne, and places Him upon our altar to be offered up again as the Victim for the sins of man……………. The priest brings Christ down from heaven, and renders Him present on our altar as the eternal Victim for the sins of man—not once but a thousand times! The priest speaks and lo! Christ, the eternal and omnipotent God, bows His head in humble obedience to the priest’s command.“

CCC 1327 – “In brief, the Eucharist is the sum and summary of our faith: “Our way of thinking is attuned to the Eucharist, and the Eucharist in turn confirms our way of thinking.”

Canon 8 – “If anyone says that Christ received in the Eucharist is received spiritually only and not also sacramentally and really, let him be anathema.“

The RCC teaches that attending Mass is necessary for salvation. In the Catholic Church priests repeat sacrifices that can never take away sin. Christ is being re-sacrificed over and over again. My Bible says Christ made one sacrifice once and for all never to be repeated, but only commemorated in the Lord’s Supper.

This is a contradiction to the Catholic Church. Some Catholics say that He is not being re-sacrificed, but various paragraphs in the Catechism refute that. CCC 1367 says, “the sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the Eucharist are one single sacrifice, this sacrifice is truly propitiatory, it is a divine sacrifice, the same Christ who offered himself once in a bloody manner on the altar of the cross is contained and is offered in an unbloody manner.”

Transubstantiation is the belief that during the Mass when the priest blesses the bread and wine and does routine rituals these items supernaturally transform into the body and blood of Jesus Christ even though they look the same, taste the same, etc. If you deny this doctrine you are damned according to the Catholic Church.

Where do we see this in the Bible? We don’t! Catholics like to go to John 6:53–57. Here are the problems. They take this passage literally. Jesus spoke in spiritual terms throughout the Bible. He said, “I am the door.” No one thinks He’s a door. If anyone has any doubts of what Jesus meant when we keep on reading to verse 63 we learn exactly what He meant. Jesus said, “it is the Spirit who gives life.” He was speaking spiritual truths. He said, “the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.” In verse 64 it talks about believing.

Another thing that I want to point out is, who was Jesus speaking to? Jesus was speaking to unbelievers. Communion is for Christians not unbelievers. Also, at the time communion had not yet been instituted.

Salvation is by faith in Christ alone. Was Jesus saying that salvation was partaking in communion? In Matthew 26:29 after the communion supper was instituted Jesus said I will not drink wine again. Why did He still refer to it as wine if it was His blood? The Gospel in John 20:31 and in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 does not include the Eucharist. Something as important as the Eucharist would have been found in these passages.

20. 1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.

21. Hebrews 7:27 He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 10:25am On Aug 13, 2017
Some Will Depart from the Faith

1Ti 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 
1Ti 4:2  Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 
1Ti 4:3  Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 
1Ti 4:4  For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 
1Ti 4:5  For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

^^^ clearly speaking off roman catholics
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 10:31am On Aug 13, 2017
johnw74:

Holy Eucharist / Catholic Mass / Transubstantiation

Pope Pius XI, Encyclical on the Priesthood – “The priest is indeed another Christ, or in some way he is himself a continuation of Christ.”

The Lone Star Catholic, March 1, 1959 – “The priest is not just the cross, he is Christ Himself.”

CCC 1366 – “The Eucharist is thus a sacrifice because it re-presents (makes present) the sacrifice of the cross, because it is its memorial and because it applies its fruit.”

CCC – 1068 “For it is in the liturgy, especially in the divine sacrifice of the Eucharist, that “the work of our redemption is accomplished,” and it is through the liturgy especially that the faithful are enabled to express in their lives and manifest to others the mystery of Christ and the real nature of the true Church.”

The Faith of Millions, John O’Brien (priest) – “When the priest pronounces the tremendous words of consecration, he reaches up into the heavens, brings Christ down from His throne, and places Him upon our altar to be offered up again as the Victim for the sins of man……………. The priest brings Christ down from heaven, and renders Him present on our altar as the eternal Victim for the sins of man—not once but a thousand times! The priest speaks and lo! Christ, the eternal and omnipotent God, bows His head in humble obedience to the priest’s command.“

CCC 1327 – “In brief, the Eucharist is the sum and summary of our faith: “Our way of thinking is attuned to the Eucharist, and the Eucharist in turn confirms our way of thinking.”

Canon 8 – “If anyone says that Christ received in the Eucharist is received spiritually only and not also sacramentally and really, let him be anathema.“

The RCC teaches that attending Mass is necessary for salvation. In the Catholic Church priests repeat sacrifices that can never take away sin. Christ is being re-sacrificed over and over again. My Bible says Christ made one sacrifice once and for all never to be repeated, but only commemorated in the Lord’s Supper.

This is a contradiction to the Catholic Church. Some Catholics say that He is not being re-sacrificed, but various paragraphs in the Catechism refute that. CCC 1367 says, “the sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the Eucharist are one single sacrifice, this sacrifice is truly propitiatory, it is a divine sacrifice, the same Christ who offered himself once in a bloody manner on the altar of the cross is contained and is offered in an unbloody manner.”

Transubstantiation is the belief that during the Mass when the priest blesses the bread and wine and does routine rituals these items supernaturally transform into the body and blood of Jesus Christ even though they look the same, taste the same, etc. If you deny this doctrine you are damned according to the Catholic Church.

Where do we see this in the Bible? We don’t! Catholics like to go to John 6:53–57. Here are the problems. They take this passage literally. Jesus spoke in spiritual terms throughout the Bible. He said, “I am the door.” No one thinks He’s a door. If anyone has any doubts of what Jesus meant when we keep on reading to verse 63 we learn exactly what He meant. Jesus said, “it is the Spirit who gives life.” He was speaking spiritual truths. He said, “the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.” In verse 64 it talks about believing.

Another thing that I want to point out is, who was Jesus speaking to? Jesus was speaking to unbelievers. Communion is for Christians not unbelievers. Also, at the time communion had not yet been instituted.

Salvation is by faith in Christ alone. Was Jesus saying that salvation was partaking in communion? In Matthew 26:29 after the communion supper was instituted Jesus said I will not drink wine again. Why did He still refer to it as wine if it was His blood? The Gospel in John 20:31 and in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 does not include the Eucharist. Something as important as the Eucharist would have been found in these passages.

20. 1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.

21. Hebrews 7:27 He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself.

The Catholic Church denies the sufficiency of Scripture.

CCC 82 “As a result the Church, to whom the transmission and interpretation of Revelation is entrusted, “does not derive her certainty about all revealed truths from the holy Scriptures alone. Both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal sentiments of devotion and reverence.“

“It was the Catholic Church and no other which selected and listed the inspired books of both the Old Testament and the New Testament…If you can accept the Bible or any part of it as inspired Word of God, you can do so only because the Catholic Church says it is.” (The Bible is a Catholic Book, p. 4).

We are to always match other teachings with the Word. Scripture alone is our final authority and it says that we must not exceed what is written. Tradition exceeds what is written.

If you have been dealing with Catholics for a long time then you might have heard someone say, “the Catholic Church gave you the Bible.” This is laughable.

Why does Scripture contradict the teachings of the Catholic Church? Why does the RCC exceed what is written with non-biblical teachings such as penance, praying to saints, purgatory, etc. Are you claiming to have given us the Old Testament as well or was it the Jews?

2 Timothy 3:16 says, “All Scripture is inspired by God.” The Bible is God-breathed. 2 Peter 1:20-21 says, “No prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation. No prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”

After reading that, should we thank the RCC for the existence of Scripture or should we thank the Lord? Jesus said, “My sheep hear My voice.”

16. 1 Corinthians 4:6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, so that in us you may learn not to exceed what is written, so that no one of you will become arrogant in behalf of one against the other.

17. Mark 7:7-9 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men. And he said to them, You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!

18. 1 Timothy 4:1-3 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Dahustler007(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2017
johnw74:

it works:

Since we're fooled like you claimed
Please do us a favour
Keep praying to GOD on our behalf
It'll go a long way... Thank You and Remain Blessed Bro.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Dahustler007(m): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2017
johnw74:

We're just moving in a Circle, you said this same thing which I said we don't worship those images and we bow in the name of GOD not any Image for what it is... Bro. Let's just let this issue slide cause a lot of people have argued this even our Church leaders did same.

We just pray nobody is wrong and we'd make heaven.
But if you think what we're doing is wrong then do us a favour by Praying to GOD on our behalf please .. Remain Blessed!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Dahustler007(m): 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
brocab:
You are saying one thing-and then saying another?
Catholic's believe building images-statues, it helps the public to see Mary exist, am I right.
Did you know-bowing down, or kissing the feet of one of these statues, believing they are watching over you-means you are doing, what God had commanded you not to do.
And you can't deny the fact Catholic's do bow down and nod their heads at these statues while entering the Church, you even do it at home, I have been in many religious countries around the world, and every house I had walked into carry statues of Mary-and baby Jesus, or Jesus still on the cross, Just like the Church.
I believe you also have statues at home-that you believe is watching over you.

We Bow and Kiss those Images believing the people(SAINTS, MARTYRS etc) those images or Statue portray are watching over us and interceding for us in Heaven not those images but what the portray..
Understand this very fact not the image Or Statue but The person The portray!!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
Dahustler007:

Since we're fooled like you claimed
Please do us a favour
Keep praying to GOD on our behalf
It'll go a long way... Thank You and Remain Blessed Bro.

pity for u that u don't pray to God yourself
instead of praying to Him through mary and others who don't hear u,
hence God doesn't hear u either
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
Dahustler007:

We're just moving in a Circle, you said this same thing which I said we don't worship those images and we bow in the name of GOD not any Image for what it is... Bro. Let's just let this issue slide cause a lot of people have argued this even our Church leaders did same.

We just pray nobody is wrong and we'd make heaven.
But if you think what we're doing is wrong then do us a favour by Praying to GOD on our behalf please .. Remain Blessed!

u r going around in a circle, God said not to make images of things in earth and heaven and u roman catholics
God haters do make those things in disobedience to what God said
then u say we don't worship those images, i say u do, but thats not the point God said not to make them and your church does make them:

u keep going around in circles because u have been blinded and confused:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
Dahustler007:

We Bow and Kiss those Images believing the people(SAINTS, MARTYRS etc) those images or Statue portray are watching over us and interceding for us in Heaven not those images but what the portray..
Understand this very fact not the image Or Statue but The person The portray!!

people who have died watching over and interceding for u is not Bibical but from the doctrines of evil men who wrote contrary to God's word
u roman catholics believe men over God, and of course God was right when he said that u hate Him, of course u don't believe God there either:

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (83) (Reply)

MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain / Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.