Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark (16803 Views)

Elombah.com Claims That Senator David Mark Lost His Seat / Senator David Mark Receiving Ash On His Forehead Today From A Priest (Photo) / Borno State Senator Ali Ndume Is A Boko Haram Sponsor - Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by nduchucks: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
Desola:

You are dim! OGD, a shagamu son marginalising his own people? Ode paraku ni iwo bobo yi. Must you open your gob and comment on every issue that you know nought about?

You are obviously ignorant of how corrupt your leaders are. Your assumption that because OGD is from Shagamu means that he'd favor the Ijebus is narrow minded. Try to identify the major development activities which took place in Ijebuland versus the rest of the state and enlighten yourself.

The Elders and fathers of Ijebu people would rather have their own state than be used by agents of PDP or Ojuyobo.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Sagamite(m): 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
staaari: @Desola,

you are not helping @Sagamite.

I will not join in your abusive nature. It is only a sign of weakness.

I have spoken, if any group fought for the INVADERS hard, it was Ijebus. That historical fact is clear and I have shown why Abeokua was made capital of Ogun state and also why it was called Ogun State just because Mr Obasanjo is Egba son.

And your fucktardic nature is a sign of what?

Lets say it together: "Product of a failed education system".
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
afam4eva:
No, they're not. It's just a stereotype.

They are, I school in a typical IJABU LAND and the ppl even know that themselves. They will tell you its their nature
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by staaari: 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2012
@ndu_chuks

The Elders and fathers of Ijebu people would rather have their own state than be used by agents of PDP or Ojuyobo.

absolutely correct.

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by addictiv(m): 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
All these state creation crap. because they want to partake in the sharing of national cake. the government should start practicing fiscal federalism where each state would invest in its self and pay taxes as revenues to government and not taking everything to Abuja and sharing. then we will see if some states wont beg to merge with others.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You are obviously ignorant of how corrupt your leaders are. Your assumption that because OGD is from Shagamu means that he'd favor the Ijebus is narrow minded. Try to identify the major development activities which took place in Ijebuland versus the rest of the state and enlighten yourself.

See contradiction! I dey bow gan ni for you today
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by nduchucks: 4:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
naijababe:

See contradiction! I dey bow gan ni for you today

Please point out the contradiction. The common bond which your politicians have is theft and looting of state funds, not tribe or place of origin as you may wish. Ole ni gbogbo won.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by nduchucks: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
I am uncomfortable flogging babes on this thread, so I will no longer respond to My dear naijababe and Desola. I also hope that the fact that I used the phrase "my dear" will pain dem gan ni. cheesy
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Please point out the contradiction. The common bond which your politicians have is theft and looting of state funds, not tribe or place of origin as you may wish. Ole ni gbogbo won.

On that premise, you'd agree that Ijebu State if created will be governed by the same politicians and not the so called fathers and elders you keep harping on.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by nduchucks: 4:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
naijababe:

On that premise, you'd agree that Ijebu State if created will be governed by the same politicians and not the so called fathers and elders you keep harping on.

You twisted my arm. I expect a new crop of politicians like Mimiko of LP to make Ijebu a model. Even if what you deemed a contradiction in my statement is correct, at least any infrastructural development will be done in Ijebuland, under Ijebu state. That condition is better than belonging to Ogun state.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by nenepea(f): 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
Desola: awon omo Igbo ati complex wan yii sa. Won tun ti debi lati wa da discussion yii ru.
MumuDesola
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You twisted my arm. I expect a new crop of politicians like Mimiko of LP to make Ijebu a model. Even if what you deemed a contradiction in my statement is correct, at least any infrastructural development will be done in Ijebuland, under Ijebu state. That condition is better than belonging to Ogun state.

Now, I will stop flogging you. You seem to be a tad slow today grin

2 Likes

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mr mark,its better you surpport it in your mind and dnt make it official as to sign the bill.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by SOHKAHTOA: 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
It is only the south east that deserve a state from the current structure but in the event of any other state being created, they should equally do so in every other regions..by the way what will be the land mass of the ijebu state? Let me in laugh in ika language , hahahahahahaaa!!!
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by bankyblue(m): 5:07pm On Oct 29, 2012
Pls not just taken ijebu out of ogun state, pls I want ado/odo-ota
Lga to be marge with lagos state. David mark pls take note!
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by staaari: 5:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
by the way what will be the land mass of the ijebu state? Let me in laugh in ika language

actually, it is better to be small and efficient rather than big and useless.

Lagos is the most productive state in Nigeria yet it has relatively small landmass!!

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by sunkoye: 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
eduson55: [size=18pt]DID THEY SPRAY MADNESS INTO THE AIR FOR NIGERIAN LEADERS?[/size]
they actually did!
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by sneak3(m): 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
Kabba state too o
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by specco(m): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
Sen. Mark is just being smart. I am yet to see any of the 'new state' agitators that he did not commend. He is just being a nice guy.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
addictiv: All these state creation crap. because they want to partake in the sharing of national cake. the government should start practicing fiscal federalism where each state would invest in its self and pay taxes as revenues to government and not taking everything to Abuja and sharing. then we will see if some states wont beg to merge with others.

You are right but true federalism will cause disunity. One thing to realise is that politicians are very selfish and greedy, they are fighting for their pockets not really the people and the state as we think
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Sagamite(m): 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
staaari:
actually, it is better to be small and efficient rather than big and useless.

Lagos is the most productive state in Nigeria yet it has relatively small landmass!!

You are a person!

Why do you think Lagos is the most productive state?
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Kennykenty(m): 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
All taking so far, Which of of d major town will be d capital?. I believed Remo will not do away with d choice, while Ijebu will want to play a fast one. I predict Ijebu's vs Remo's war. God bless Ijebu/Remo state.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by aribisala0(m): 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
naijababe:

Sometimes, I wonder why our elders can't see beyond their noses and the pittance they stand to gain. If this really happens, then we'd have Akarigbo and Awijare tearing at each other to be Chairman of Ogun State Council of Obas, why that is important I'd never know. I agree with you that Awujale's hands written all over this, that man has become really senile in his old age and to think that he used to be one most respected monarchs in Yoruba land if not Nigeria.

@ Aribisala, I'd agree with you if we are interested in more of the same i.e. ' ka fi iyan taa ni sile nle nile kama lo d'oka laamu l'Abuja'. The development we seek in Yorubaland can only happen with integration rather than fragmentation. The excuse for additional state(s) is so lame and tired that I'd be surprised if anybody still pays any mind to it. The best period in Nigeria's history was when we had regional government. I am tired of going to Abuja with begging bowls when we have so much that can be harnessed.

Yes but the President is elected based on a fraction of votes cast on a proportion of states.States also determine constitutional changing powere which include the power to create LGAs or even cede territory to Bakassi.
So think about it like this do we share rights on the principle of "ori o j'ori or idigi" The fundamental issue is to what extent do different parts of the country have a say in vetoing constitutional change or choosing the President.

In 1966 it was 6 in the North 6 in the South 3 in the East and 3 in the West
In 1979 10 in the North(50 senators) and 9 in the south 5 in the West(Old Western Region including Bendel)(25 senators)and 4 in the East(20 senators)
1n 1999 19 in the North(54 senators) and 17 in the South 8 in the West (24 senators) and 9 in the East(27 senators)

So it is naive to say do not create states when others are doing so look at the trend of senator numbers and see how that has disadvantaged the old Western and MidWestern Regions. The issue is not just resource allocation from the centre but also about the WEIGHT of your voice. That issue can be resolved separately and DECOUPLED from state creation so that a permanent status quo in that regard is agreed and states do no gain more senators when created. Until that happens give me my Mushin State
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Desola(f): 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
nenepea: MumuDesola

ibo niwo ti ja wa t'olokun lorun? Ti o ba so ara e, maa mu e paleya. Omo okoro osi!
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Desola(f): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2012
ndu_chucks: I am uncomfortable flogging babes on this thread, so I will no longer respond to My dear naijababe and Desola. I also hope that the fact that I used the phrase "my dear" will pain dem gan ni. cheesy

in your own limited thought processor, you have flogged women - how st.upid is that? Thank you lucky stars that I have been busy with other productive things today hence my inconsistent replies on this thread. I haven't even started with you so bask in your supposed glory until my undivided attention. Mofo!
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Katsumoto: 6:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nigeria with retrogressive politicians, people, and policies. Instead of returning Nigeria to 1963 regions or present 6 regions, they are balkanizing states further. Any state that can't generate its revenue should be added to a better state.

If only the Ijaw boys can stop the flow of oil or win secession. This nonsense will never stop. Nigerians are getting dafter by the minute.
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Sagamite(m): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto: Nigeria with retrogressive politicians, people, and policies. Instead of returning Nigeria to 1963 regions or present 6 regions, they are balkanizing states further. Any state that can't generate its revenue should be added to a better state.

If only the Ijaw boys can stop the flow of oil or win secession. This nonsense will never stop. Nigerians are getting dafter by the minute.

So you don't think we should create states based on each region that had warriors back in the day? shocked

You don't think we should reward "gallantry" by giving any arbitrary tribe with an instance of war victory a state? angry

What has revenue got to do with anything, why not lets create states, balloon the civil service and push more public funds into worthless states that produce nothing and civil servants with low productivity?

You are a product of an education that is not Nigerian! angry

Traitor! grin

1 Like

Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by nduchucks: 6:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
Katsumoto: Nigeria with retrogressive politicians, people, and policies. Instead of returning Nigeria to 1963 regions or present 6 regions, they are balkanizing states further. Any state that can't generate its revenue should be added to a better state.

^^^^^+1000%

@Sagamite cheesy
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
^ Aboki, you're really slow today, isn't katz position the exact opposite of yours?
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by aljharem(m): 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
franchizy: I wonder why people just comment witout reasoning. Creation of states is a good move because it will give many Nigerians the opportunity to have access to development and growth rather than live in poverty. It will also help to fight insecurity. If you don't know wat to comment, why not shut up your dirty mouths rather than say foolish comment.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked du.mb lipsrsealed read people's comment again
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by shegsrules(m): 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
What nonsense, so that a fat belle senator wld become a governor. we need no more states
Re: I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark by Sagamite(m): 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
franchizy: I wonder why people just comment witout reasoning. Creation of states is a good move because it will give many Nigerians the opportunity to have access to development and growth rather than live in poverty. It will also help to fight insecurity. If you don't know wat to comment, why not shut up your dirty mouths rather than say foolish comment.

I missed this. undecided

Where is this person?

franchizy, please come here. Saga wants to speak to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Foils Suicide Attack In Adamawa By Woman With Explosives In Handbag / COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout / Buhari: Nigeria-Benin Border Closed Due To Smuggling Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.