Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Where Is Culture As A People? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Is Culture As A People? (644 Views)

How To Make African Culture As Appreciated As European, Asian, And American / Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? / What Is Culture To You? How Do You Define It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Culture As A People? by adahib: 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
look around you,what do you see? a society without culture,without values,without unity. I can recall vividly the unity,the love,the security I felt around me when I was a kid.all I had to do was walk into the house of a neighbour and surely,my stomach would not remain the same.a cousin or uncle has a problem and instantly,a family meeting is called,people are levied and a solution is sort.an elderly lady is seen struggling with a bag of grains and before you could say "mama",a young man or woman will be beside her offering to help.children respected their parents and parents in turn loved their wards.what happened? where did we lose it? indeed,where is our culture as a people.
Re: Where Is Culture As A People? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
adahib: look around you,what do you see? a society without culture,without values,without unity. I can recall vividly the unity,the love,the security I felt around me when I was a kid.all I had to do was walk into the house of a neighbour and surely,my stomach would not remain the same.a cousin or uncle has a problem and instantly,a family meeting is called,people are levied and a solution is sort.an elderly lady is seen struggling with a bag of grains and before you could say "mama",a young man or woman will be beside her offering to help.children respected their parents and parents in turn loved their wards.what happened? where did we lose it? indeed,where is our culture as a people.

damn that's deep man.

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria The Shame Of Africa / ICSN Dance School Starting Saturday 2nd February / Where Are The Powers Of Our Traditional Rulers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.