Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Marrying Outside One's Religion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marrying Outside One's Religion (5869 Views)

Did You Research More Than One Religion? / Question Of The Day:- Can You Convert From One Religion To Another Because Of A / Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by sheuzee: 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2007
i quite agree wit u guys.my ex girl nd i hapend 2 hav dated for 6 years.am a muslim while she's a xtian.we actualy broke wen she culd cope wit me nt going 2 church.wld say its dangerous 2 b in d game
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 21, 2007
olabowale:

@rianat: How good is your islam, if you are involved with a christain man? Its bad enough that you are involved, with any man. If there is sex, it is Zina. You must fear Allah.

For sure, Christians have no ruling about any moral compass/code. Am very concern and really think that you should rethink your position. If any man is interested in you, he should sincerely be a Muslim, who practices. If he is not, he should go and acquire the knowledge, first and then with true conviction, become a mustlim.

But for you to be unmarried and going about with a non muslim, is truly a double wammy. Two times the desaster. If he is never a muslim, then you will be the loser. You will be raising disbelieving children , plus the fact that you are sharing your life with a disbeliever.

This is against Allah's commandment in Islam. Are there no eligible Muslims in Nigeria? This is shameful. Connect to be by email and we can talk about this, more thoroughly. You will get my details from my profile. I pray that God Almighty guides your heart. Amiin.

The Lord rebuke you,satan!

Even your Koran tells you otherwise about Christians.
Stop the lies and deceit.
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by somze(f): 5:45am On Nov 21, 2007
olabowale:

@rianat: How good is your islam, if you are involved with a christain man? Its bad enough that you are involved, with any man. If there is sex, it is Zina. You must fear Allah.

For sure, Christians have no ruling about any moral compass/code. Am very concern and really think that you should rethink your position. If any man is interested in you, he should sincerely be a Muslim, who practices. If he is not, he should go and acquire the knowledge, first and then with true conviction, become a mustlim.

But for you to be unmarried and going about with a non muslim, is truly a double wammy. Two times the desaster. If he is never a muslim, then you will be the loser. You will be raising disbelieving children , plus the fact that you are sharing your life with a disbeliever.

This is against Allah's commandment in Islam. Are there no eligible Muslims in Nigeria? This is shameful. Connect to be by email and we can talk about this, more thoroughly. You will get my details from my profile. I pray that God Almighty guides your heart. Amiin.

Its either you are just a big fat liar aiming to deceive or you are totally ignorant of the way of God. Judging by your quotes of the bible I would take the first one.

Once again we see how you quote things to suit you while showing a ridiculous amount of blindness to other parts that do not help your laughable theories.
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by dafidixone(m): 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2007
Marrying outside our religion in myown view is not a strong rule in dealing with God. The main concern here is "who take the uppermost part in your heart". For A christian who married a Muslim girl may not really had problem with such relationship if he is in Christ. the wife together will have to join him in serving his God. But for a Christian girl, it might not really work out because man may find it difficult to change is religion.

My candid opinion on this issue is that there is a need to pray first before embarking on such journey. It is better to offend man than to offend God. Remeber the story of Samson and Compare it with that of Isaac and Rebbeca. What about Ruth and Naomi. The point here is who takes the center stage in your heart God or that Spouse?
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by jagunlabi(m): 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2007
True love will conquer all barriers,even the religious ones.
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by olabowale(m): 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2007
@Somze: Please tell me how do you deal with issues od adultery and or fornication, in Christianity? Then compare that with authentic jurisprudence of how Islam is coded about it. I know that you are in Nigeria. We are not talking about Nigerian's one sided and emotional version of it. I am asking you to check out Qur'an and hadith/sunnah to compare it with your Gospel.

Further, if she is your sister, will you be happy that she is having relationship with somebody, that may or may not marry her? Worse, he may malign her and destroy her reputation and chances for a good relationship of marriage with somebody else. While this guy is blocking the right guy, he is neither going out or truly coming in! Again, you prove my point; is either you are selfish, that you do not care what happen to her, since she is not your blood, or you have no shame, you will not care what happens to your sisters reputation anyhow.

@Nwando; I know plenty. You are just talking like putting up a front. You are me are good friends. how can you be a friend to Devil. Unless you are one?

How ya buddy any how?
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by Gamine(f): 3:38pm On Nov 21, 2007
it dosnt work
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by cgift(m): 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2007
Olabowale,

Your religion belongs to the cave men and that of jungle justice. You fool yourselves when you think that your sharia system holds any modicum of respect amongst enlightened muslim ladies. In northrn Nigeria, your sharia system is a fraud that is being used to put the weak and the poor perpetually under servitude.

I have never seen or heard that an influential man is being punished by the court. Moreover, the rules of engagement of the judge is so weak and debased that you wonder why people still subject themselves to what is worst than the colonisation of the white man!

First, the testimonies of women are taken with a pinch of salt since your quran says the testimonies of two women quals that of a single man. What happens when she is raped by a man. Who would bear witness. Its only an unexposed illiterate that will subject himself to such laws.

In some instance, you are told to swaer four times and when you do that your testimony is taken as true. You can imagine how many people would have lied under oath. Why fool yourselves.

I have read patiently the several times you have put forward that inane question as to what Christianity has as a rule for fornicators for instance and i smile while you revel in your ignorance.

Your penchant for jungle justice only shows how hypocritical and chequered your entire islamic law and moral fabric is. Furthrmore, it shows how hateful, vengeful, and debilitating the religion is. No doubt you hav no love in your religion because you would not amputate a man'd hands regardless of the number of times you catch him stealing. Where is love in your religion? Obviously, there was none in mohammad and would not expect any from his loins.

Chrsitianity is basd on love. We do not hav christain courts. Despite the fact that Jesus is life, He does not lord things over us against your will. He leaves you to do your will but warns you and shows you the way. For he said in[b] Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.[/b].

That is our Jesus for you. He craves more after your repentance and does not look for every opportunity for him to decimate your limbs. What corrective measures wold that bring. Those who wreck the most havoc on humanity do not need to use their hands or legs which you are prone to chopping off, they use their brains. Maybe your [b]beheading [/b]option will cure your worries for that anyway.

Let me tell you, Mohammad would fall falt under his own message cos he robbed, maimed, sex-attacked and did all sorts himslef, yt you rever him, one who had no morals and would always go back on his words.

Christ saved the thief on the cross and prayed for his enemies who crucified him by saying father, please forgive them for they know not what they do. What a great kind of love that no one can match.

So please continue wallowing in your jungle system. Probably America should have imposed theirs on you people and we would have seen whether you would have had the guts to go seek better live in the place you would want to blow up. You are almost destroying the land of he that accommodated you and you sit behind a PC calling for rules of conduct. Did your prophet have any iota of morals in him at all?
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by olabowale(m): 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2007
@Cgift: So its personal attack! O dara bee. Am still a pure 100% prime cut, Nigerian! That you can take away from me. Bo ko ba re Okun, ko re Osa, a pada bo se bute. My brother, I use Olabowale to identify myself, instead of my Islamic name, for just one simple reason, to let all know that i am from 9ja. Stop hating, bro. Calm down. InshaAllah, I will return and live in Obodo Nigeria, soon. Maybe, we can meet then, yes?

Stick to the topic/subect matter. There is no need to be so worked up. Omo 9ja ni wa, still.
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2007
I have never seen or heard that an influential man is being punished by the court. Moreover, the rules of engagement of the judge is so weak and debased that you wonder why people still subject themselves to what is worst than the colonisation of the white man!

And is that the fault of God or People
In Islam ,the treatment of People with equality is a must and if you transgress from this
Then you are surely gonna be judged by what you do
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by combatant: 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2007
Una sdtill dey answer these brain-washed apologists
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by ayobase(m): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2008
so far there is freedeom
of doing ur thing RELIGIONLY!!!
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by madamkoko: 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2008
This normally doesn't work. (marrying someone who has different beliefs than yours)

I notice that one side always works effortlessly to convert the other side and if this doesn't work then trouble and problems loom.
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by lekeleke(m): 12:45am On Aug 22, 2008
For the sake of future peace, it is advisable not to marry outside your religion. It's rather too complicated
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2008
'Be not unequally yoked togetheq with unbelievers' Light & darkness cannot exist together. A true christian wil not marry an unbeliever,in this case a muslim. Let her pray 4 him to be converted b4 she marries him or else God wil not be in her marriage.
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by oluwafunto: 2:10am On Aug 24, 2008
Love ko love ni. "hissssssss”. People should sit down there and be making lifelong decisions in the name of love. If love was the only thing that kept a marriage going trust me the divorce rate would not be that high. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, whether it is Christian, Muslim or whatever. As for me oh, I am a Christian and the answer is right there in the bible as in no shaking at all “do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever” .Who is an unbeliever? One who does not believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God. Period! I so much agree with IAH’s post, plus it gets to a point in your life where dating a casual church goer becomes a NO NO.
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by Saint: 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
So,

Should one marry only for religous reasons
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by nikki26(f): 1:05pm On May 06, 2012
I really think love, tolerance and maturity should be the key in this type of union. The couple should understand what they are about to do,and agree on their own terms before getting married.on a personal note, I still think people should marry based on their religious backgrounds-marriage has a lot of work and responsibilities.
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by Callotti: 12:22am On May 07, 2012
Marrying a 'born-again' Christian or a Muslim is totally out of the question. I would not even dream of befriending or caught dead in the company of one or several. Not to mention 'marry'! Twwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwah! Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Hell NO!!! kiss
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by Mckybarf(m): 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2012
[quote author=Ramon_Baba]Hi everyone,

I would like to hear people's opinion on Marrying Outside One's Religion.

I happen to know a friend who’s dating someone he loves and vice-versa. They seem to enjoy each other’s company and find true happiness together. In short, they both have what the other desire. The only problem is that my friend is a Muslim and his Girl is a Catholic Christian.

He isn’t really worried about the early years of their marriage but 5-7yrs into the marriage when kids are grown. He would want his children to practice Islam, but the Girl want the children to practice both and decide latter when they are matured. It is important to also note that, the girl i have never liked the idea of marrying from another religion, though love should be the determining factor here. I would rather marry an unbeliever than a believer of another religion- and certainly not a moslem. There will always be a gulf between us and that i cannot handle. I can be very tolerant but there are certain stuff i cant stomach- like comparing muhammed to Christ and things like that. I dont mind being friends with a moslem but being intimate?!.......hell nah-uh!
Re: Marrying Outside One's Religion by Mckybarf(m): 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ramon_Baba: Hi everyone,

I would like to hear people's opinion on Marrying Outside One's Religion.

I happen to know a friend who’s dating someone he loves and vice-versa. They seem to enjoy each other’s company and find true happiness together. In short, they both have what the other desire. The only problem is that my friend is a Muslim and his Girl is a Catholic Christian.

He isn’t really worried about the early years of their marriage but 5-7yrs into the marriage when kids are grown. He would want his children to practice Islam, but the Girl want the children to practice both and decide latter when they are matured. It is important to also note that, the girl doesn’t mind getting married to him as a Muslim and her as a Christian..

Should he just fashy they girl regardless of the love he has for her or Can they really work out their religious differences.

They both seem happy right now even though they practice different religion, but the problem lies with marriage.

“What goes up must surely come down” What goes around comes around!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: States We Are Not Called To Obey Clear Error / Which Group Is Nigeria's Best Gospel Group? / Did God Know That Adam And Eve Would Sin Before Creating Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.