Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:45 AM

Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? (3808 Views)

Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? / Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* / Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
I attend one of the biggest pentecostal churches in Nigeria(name withheld) for obvious reasons,and most times,the scriptures that are used everyday unfailingly are Ex 34:20 "And none shall appear before me empty", Mal 3:10 "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse......."
But in the same church,we have a lot of women that wear offensive and indecent dressings especially among young mothers and whenever I ask,I am told that dressing was emphasized in the old testament but as long as Jesus has died,things like dressing doesnt matter anymore.I cant even begin to talk about the other stuffs going on in the church.
Not so much is said about issues like divorce,evangelism,holiness n righteousness,purity before marriage,need to make clean money,cover your hair in church,drinking/smoking, these are things that we used to learn some years back. Are they really old testament wahala since we now live in the new testament? but the last time I checked,the above scriptures Ex 34:20 and Mal 3:10 were also in the old testament.
Right now,they are seriously contemplating making tithe compulsory in the sense that if you dont pay tithe,you cannot be a worker in the church. I always desire to live a holy life but at this point to be honest with you,I dont even know the definition of sin anymore.
If I dont pay my tithe,does it mean I'm not fit to work for God? What about other sins? Also does it matter whatever source you get the money used in tithing? Please shed more light for me on this. Why is not paying tithe considered stealing and has become a big taboo even though Christ has wiped all other sins?
I didnt intend to attack my church,cos I know a lot of churches if not most are doing the same, so what exactly is the truth?
Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
so what exactly is the truth

The truth is your Bishop/Pastor/Reverend/Most General Overseer/Ultimate Apostlic Prophet is driving his followers a.k.a congregation to eternal damnation - HELL

Sometimes you look at some congregation and you begin to wonder if these people are mad..

I can lists over 100 popular churches in Nigeria were "righteouness & Holiness" have been replaced with "speaking in tongues, breakthrough, breakthrough, miracle, signs, wonders, money, 24hr turn-around, revival, concerts, concerts, music ministrations, seminars.. et.cetera.

2 Likes

Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by pastormustwacc: 2:55am On Oct 30, 2012
When i created the thread earlier on Why Christians / Believers Should Not Attend Church. Many people read it, and walked silently away.

Obviously, many christians do not seem to realize that you dont need to go to church to play your role as a christian. Many pastors are just business men and women, interested only in money, and gathering as much congregation as they can.

So, they wont preach the truth that might make congregations leave them. They tell them things that will please them so that they can invite more people next sunday.

*THEY WANT TO BE CROWD-PULLERS AND MILLIONAIRES, THAT IS ALL, AND OH YES, THEY WISH TO MAKE HEAVEN AS WELL*

2 Likes

Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by Joagbaje(m): 7:27am On Oct 30, 2012
@op

the fact that you visit a church doesnt mean you know everythinhg they preach there. some churches teach in series. so it depends on the series they were on or topic they were dealing with. such as marriage, fsithfulness,stewardship,soulwinning,prayets, studying, spritual growth,finances.dominion over sin etc.

you cant preach everything in one service. one church is teaching on yhe gifts of the holy spirit another one is teaching on end time. you cant come into a conclusion by one service. of course some churches msy empasise on certain truths more thsn the other . you dont criticise them. find a church that suits you. if you want to hear about sin everyday just look for a church that preach "you sinner" and enjoy yourself there. some people actually enjoy the message of condemnation . it makes the cry and repent every day. follow your heart.
Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by Abagworo(m): 7:59am On Oct 30, 2012
Church and religion = 419 + brainwash.
Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by free2ryhme: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2012
My pastor preach about sin every sunday .... no matter the nature of sin. keeps everyone in check

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2012
U don see where 'sin message' dey feed person?

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2012
Joagbaje: @op

the fact that you visit a church doesnt mean you know everythinhg they preach there. some churches teach in series. so it depends on the series they were on or topic they were dealing with. such as marriage, fsithfulness,stewardship,soulwinning,prayets, studying, spritual growth,finances.dominion over sin etc.

you cant preach everything in one service. one church is teaching on yhe gifts of the holy spirit another one is teaching on end time. you cant come into a conclusion by one service. of course some churches msy empasise on certain truths more thsn the other . you dont criticise them. find a church that suits you. if you want to hear about sin everyday just look for a church that preach "you sinner" and enjoy yourself there. some people actually enjoy the message of condemnation . it makes the cry and repent every day. follow your heart.

Sir, I'm a lover of Christian T.V channels.. I watch virtually all these channels randomly day-in day-out but I have to say this, 99% of the channels I watch never condemn indescent mode of dressing, smoking, fornication etc.. Its so evident among the congregations..

The ONLY man that emphasizes on sin regardless of who you are is PASTOR LAZARUS of CHOSEN.. and the message of sin is evident in his congregation.
mind you, am talking about over 150 churches/men of God that come on air atleast once in a week.
Majority come for grammar contest, personal advertisement, 'I am a prophet', "God is using me", jerry-curl contest, "My Church must pull crowd sinners", e- fund raising & i-church transactions, e-banking with benefits like handkerchief, miracle baby, 35 gigantic duplex if you bank worship with us.. etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by pastormustwacc: 9:59am On Oct 30, 2012
Acidosis, you just sliced the head of well, like more more than hundreds of thousands of christians across the world - and almost all christians in Nigeria.

And your only words of consolation to them was - excuse me, for taking your head off!

Just kidding, but well, it seems majority of our christians here are: Ye$$ bo$$ type.

As long as them say yes boss to master Jesus, then they should be fine.
Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by christemmbassey(m): 10:44am On Oct 30, 2012
Christ said 'if you know the truth, the truth shal set you free', jn8:32. The problem in the church is not the pastors but the lazy congregations, they refuse to read the bible and the smart scammers fills in the gap and smile to the bank. @ all let me tell you the bitter truth, you see all these scammers aka pastors etc, God will not purnish them as some ppl think because the bible is replet with warnings about them, eg ''.....they will make merchandise of you.....'l so bros i've made up my mind that the word of God will not a fufilled negatively in my life but positively. Shine ur eye o !
Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 30, 2012
acidosis™:

Sir, I'm a lover of Christian T.V channels.. I watch virtually all these channels randomly day-in day-out but I have to say this, 99% of the channels I watch never condemn indescent mode of dressing, smoking, fornication etc.. Its so evident among the congregations..

The ONLY man that emphasizes on sin regardless of who you are is PASTOR LAZARUS of CHOSEN.. and the message of sin is evident in his congregation.
mind you, am talking about over 150 churches/men of God that come on air atleast once in a week.
Majority come for grammar contest, personal advertisement, 'I am a prophet', "God is using me", jerry-curl contest, "My Church must pull crowd sinners", e- fund raising & i-church transactions, e-banking with benefits like handkerchief, miracle baby, 35 gigantic duplex if you bank worship with us.. etc.

God bless you my dear.Actually Pastor Lazarus Muoka's church records more powerful miracles than most of the other churches but teaches the raw truth that make you want to change church after hearing the messagecheesy. It's not like that in my church,I have to be honest. For a long time I wasnt sure what sin was anymore. It was after hearing chosen message on the net that I began to ask questions why ours is different in my church.He actually answered my question when he gave the scripture that defines sin 1Jn 5:17"all unrighteousness is sin". I love prosperity message too but while we strive to prosper,we should be kept in check

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 30, 2012
Joagbaje: @op

. I'm actually a worker in the church. Have bn a member for about two years now. The one that I find particularly very offensive is the dressing in church by young girls/mothers. More like prostitutes but nothing is being said abt it cos they pay tithe and God only looks at the heart
Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by larrymoore(m): 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
Why must they preach about Sin? It is available everywhere!
Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by justsmile(f): 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
i understand where you are coming from. we need to hear more messages on eternity most especially cos it's sin that can rob us of that. In fact personally i need to be reminded of that cos at the end of the day, that is the final bus stop. Like some one said some churches teach monthly topics or in series. like where i worship, each month has its on topic. For us, this month has been on Righteousness...... Boy! i tell you the msg is direct. My resident pastor did justice to it in a sweet way! Everybody just humble for church! Church just quiet! LOL! Wish i can get y'all the C.D. I just pray that such msgs be preached frequently so that it will always be fresh in our hearts and also, that we won't be forgetful hearers.
But personally for me, I prefer to hear the msg about Jesus and what he did on the cross for me than the msg about sin. The msg about Jesus which is the good news is the power of salvation. But on the other hand and most importantly is the msg about eternity. Thus i prefer the combination of the two. I prefer to be Christ conscious then sin conscious. When am full of christ and his word, there will be no room for sin. No matter how much sin msgs are preached, it's our personal responsibility and choice to honour God's word or to rebel. Sincerely it aint the pastors that are the problem ( besides, we have the Word to go study for ourselves), we the Christians ( myself most especially) that choose to disobey the Word. We are good hearers and Readers but hardly do the word. No matter the amount of prosperity and breakthrough being preached, if we are in tune with the Word and the Holy Spirit, there won't be a place for sin. Lets be truthful to our selves! Christ won't ask you what the pastor preached but how much of the Word you lived out.
So please lets all go back to the Word, it has the power to mould us into becoming new creatures indeed...... in dressing o! Talking o! character o! relationship o! marriage o! business/ career o! relating with others o!...... gbo gbo ye! just name it! in all aspect of life!
phewwwwww....... sorry guys, this my write up too long jare! make una no vex! catch ya!

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by Image123(m): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
@op
you're right, though the buck stops at your door. Do you find time to tell others of the fear of God and of judgment? May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
They are busy preaching on the Tithe grin

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by God2man(m): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
Check this thread:

www.nairaland.com/1032837/vision-man-god

God2man.
Re: Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? by DRPYGRU: 10:14am On Nov 06, 2013
Image123: @op
you're right, though the buck stops at your door. Do you find time to tell others of the fear of God and of judgment? May God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

OPINION:Why I Advise Bornagain To Choose Celebacy To Marriage / Was Jesus Christ Handsome When He Was On Earth? / Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.